Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2024, 13:42   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
Has anyone here have similar sentiments and found peace with a particular variant in either Creta or Seltos?? Here I am not really nitpicking between Creta or seltos per se but just trying to work out which variant of either will allow accommodating simple wants I have.
You can choose between Seltos HTK (without alloys but without Cruise control) or HTK+ (with both of them). Wiper is a boon so I will recommend the HTK+. And yes, it comes in manual and with simple halogen projectors where you can fit HID or LED bulbs.

Edit: Lower variants of Creta also come with projectors. So a E or S variant should meet your needs as well.

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th February 2024 at 13:48.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 16:10   #152
BHPian

1st generation prefacelifted Creta owner checks out the 2nd generation facelifted Creta

As most of you may know, Hyundai India launched the long-awaited facelifted 2nd generation Creta in India on the 16th of January 2024 and you surely have seen more than enough reviews of it. However, I had the good fortune of checking it out from close quarters only recently and here are my thoughts on the subject. Better late than never, right ?

Aesthetics

From the front, it seems to me that Hyundai was inspired by the Hummer EV (DRLs) while the headlights seem to be lifted almost exactly from the Hyundai Palisade. Overall, I find the facelifted 2nd gen Creta's front to be quite attractive.

From the sides, it seems to have a neutral typical SUVish look and there isn't much to talk about here. Thankfully, they didn't go for the 18 inch rims like those of its sibling Seltos which would have been overkill for our Indian road conditions for a car of this size.

From the rear, it appears to me as if Hyundai got really inspired by the Suzuki Ignis' tail lights and again by the Hummer EV's DRLs when it came to the tail lights which was also replicated in the Venue. I have mixed feelings about this. However, I am absolutely not a fan of the running brake light assembly on the entire width of the rear boot door/lid and it looks particularly horrendous on a white Creta especially during the day. Overall, the rear of the facelifted 2nd generation Creta does not appeal to me.

Interiors

On the inside, Hyundai obviously got inspired by Mercedes Benz's wide dashboard displays. The driver's information display (MID) in the Creta now is obviously from the Alcazar. Hyundai seems to have cleverly placed a black filter on the dashboard to make it appear as if the infotainment system and the MID are one continuous unit. Overall, it seems quite appealing even though I like manual gauges more than the digital ones. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that the steering wheel of the Creta is now adjustable for both reach and rake.

I find the dual-zone climate control to be quite useful especially since the average male and female human body temperatures are quite different. However, I was severely disappointed by the aesthetics of the AC control panel which seems quite tacky and appears as if they were taken from a car around 10-15 years ago.

They seem to have done a really good job with the implementation of the ADAS Level 2 functions exactly as I first recall seeing in the Palisade.
It is good to see dull and dark-coloured surfaces on top of the dashboard which would minimize the chances of reflections on the windshield for the driver.

Although Hyundai claims to have increased the use of high-strength steel along with further structural additions and enhancements in the facelifted 2nd generation Creta in India, it remains to be seen how the car performs in crash tests.

Cons
  1. I would have liked the placement of the ADAS radar at the front to be a bit recessed. Small running animals like cats, dogs, etc and sudden braking of the car along with flying stones from trucks ahead of us are not uncommon on our unpredictable highways. Any impact (even if slight) will damage that radar resulting in expensive repairs.
  2. The front grille and air dam area have gaps that are large enough for my hand to go in which makes the radiator susceptible to damage from flying stones and other hard debris especially at highway speeds apart from being another point of entry to the engine bay area for rodents. Hyundai could have easily added a honeycomb-like mesh grille like they did in the first-generation Creta.
  3. They are still continuing with the D-cut steering wheel instead of a circular steering wheel. D-cut steering wheels make complete sense in Formula (F) 1 racing cars which have limited space for the driver's ingress/egress and those steering wheels are completely removable with a single pull as well. Additionally, F1 cars can be turned completely in way less than a single complete turn of the steering wheel. However, a D-cut steering wheel is a safety hazard in a consumer car which needs a few turns of the steering wheel to completely turn the car. Moreover, a consumer car like a Creta does not have the space constraints that would necessitate a D-cut steering wheel.
  4. Uncovered storage spaces on the dashboard are a safety hazard in case of an unfortunate accident.
  5. The horizontal shape of the AC air vents means that they won't be able to cover a large part of your body directly which is a problem if you want to use the blower more instead of the AC especially in terms of fuel efficiency.
  6. The rear middle passenger seat does not have a headrest in the new facelifted Creta 2024. A headrest is very essential for reducing whiplash injuries to the neck. Even my 2017 Creta has this headrest.
  7. The uncovered Type-C charging ports at the rear are nearly upward facing which makes them very susceptible to dirt and debris ingress. Additionally, there is also the risk of damage from liquid spillages. Water/Juice consumption by rear passengers is not uncommon. And sometimes babies and children do throw up in the car too.
  8. Hyundai seems to have reduced the amount of plastic cladding in the spare wheel area which means that there will be increased heat ingress into the cabin from the exhaust system resulting in reduced fuel efficiency due to an increased load on the air conditioning system especially in our blistering Indian summers.
  9. I may be nitpicking here but the tools seem to be in a bag/pouch instead of a properly contoured receptacle area and hence they can rattle on bad roads leading to increased noise, vibrations and harshness (NVH) levels
  10. I cannot recommend the uncommon colours of the newly launched Creta because matching the colours after repainting can be really excruciating once the car gets the inevitable scratches.
  11. I am not too fond of the newly launched 1.5 T-GDi Creta with DCT. Historically, DCTs have never been a reliable transmission over the long term irrespective of the manufacturer. Similarly, GDi engines too have faced reliability issues as early as 5-7 years irrespective of the manufacturer including two-wheeler ones. Add a turbocharger into the mix and we have a potent mixture for higher rates of engine failure due to the high amounts of pressures involved which are dangerously close to diesel territory. Additionally, this engine-transmission combination has not existed in the market for around 3 years which is like the proverbial golden period for cars to exhibit most of their underlying faults

I believe that our official Team Bhp review has covered the overwhelming majority of all the other aspects very well and I don't think that I have much to add there

Disclaimer : These are just my personal opinions and may or may not reflect the opinions of my fellow members here. I know this is late and I sincerely apologize for the delay but sadly, I got stuck with some personal work and I could not pay much attention here.

This is all that I can think of right now but I will add more to the list above later if I can remember/notice them. Wishing you all happy and safe drives ahead 🙂
Chhanda Das is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 16:15   #153
BHPian

Hello,

After taking a long time to decide between Seltos, new Creta, Grand Vitara, Hyryder & German twins, I finally booked a new Creta Petrol IVT in SX(O) variant.

Here are my requirements in no particular order:
1) High set driving position:
A lot of candidates stumbled at this hurdle. German twins were out at this juncture. For some reason, I had assumed that since Seltos is mechanically equivalent to a Creta, there would not be much of a difference, but I was proven wrong after a test drive. It sits a bit lower, and in turn created an uncomfortable position for me personally (I am someone who sits upright without any seat inclination at all). Japanese twins were good in this respect.
2) Ride comfort:
I drive a lot. About 30k/year is the average, with not all of it being on smooth roads. Hence a sorted suspension was important. Based on my test drives, I would rank Creta, Seltos and the Japanese twins, in that order.
3) ADAS:
This might be a controversial topic here, but when I took Seltos test drive, my father who came with me remarked that on the odd occasion that he drives the vehicle, ADAS features such as forward collision warning/braking might come in useful. That further reduced the candidates to just the Korean twins then.

Local dealer confirmed that he can get me the vehicle in March if I can put in the booking amount, and so I went ahead and booked it.
deovrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 00:38   #154

Hello BHP’ans,

After months of research(?), going through reviews, test drives of the launched vehicles from different OEMs, finally I have made up my mind to go with Creta 2024.

However, I am stuck at choosing the right variant. SX(O) and SX Tech IVT are clearly outside my budget with Bangalore onroad price. I currently drive a MT vehicle and have no particular issue with it. But since my next car would be for atleast 10-15yrs , I am contemplating whether or not to go for IVT.

Another thing is about the ADAS. I have driven Automatics with ADAS in the US and very well aware of the benefits, safety and convenience but not sure if our roads and public driving sense is ready for a ADAS vehicle , so I am not really particular about ADAS (though the warnings can be handy). I like it but not sure if it’s going to fully useful.

For now with my requirements and budget I would have happily gone for a SX IVT (without ADAS and Bose speakers) but unfortunately such variant is not available. So the only options left is S(O) IVT purely for automatics giving away some good features or SX MT or SX Tech MT (ADAS primarily for warnings).

Also ADAS best works with AT? Is it advisable or fully reliable with MT? Please shed some light on this.

Please help me with your thoughts and suggestions.

Sorry for the long post.
torque789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 12:07   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear HereticHermit,
As your primary requirement is projector headlamps over LEDs Creta goes out of the selection bucket. I will suggest to buy Seltos HTK+ Diesel iMT to go ahead with. It will get Cruise Control, Projector Headlights & good-looking alloys. The iMT would be easier to drive as well considering your location.

As far as retrofitting is concerned Cruise control can be retrofitted easily aftermarket for both the Cars Seltos/Creta.
Thank you Nikunj, aftermarket Cruise Control sounds good to me but I am not sure if it is OEM or aftermarket setup and simple plug n play or require lot of tooling? Can you elaborate more?
I am not getting iMT because I am going to use diesel mostly for highway runs. I am not in now but travel at least 3 times a year to Delhi so in that sense will be using mostly highway. Otherwise normally I do not use car for local errands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
You can choose between Seltos HTK (without alloys but without Cruise control) or HTK+ (with both of them). Wiper is a boon so I will recommend the HTK+. And yes, it comes in manual and with simple halogen projectors where you can fit HID or LED bulbs.

Edit: Lower variants of Creta also come with projectors. So a E or S variant should meet your needs as well.
I am told by sales guy that Creta S has Cruise Control and rear defogger + wiper but I will have to swap the LED headlight. He is willing to help with someone who wants LED set up and buying E variant. I saw the E variant but the halogen projector output looked pretty basic and weak to me although the throw and projection (as against led setup) was exactly what I was looking for. Can the output of oem projector be 'bumped up' without burning up things? I am not well conversant with lightning upgrades but if projector are going to have LED in the background then I still have problem with kelvin rating. I do want something more natural/warm white than 4300 kelvin rated LEDs.

I have not checked Seltos yet but will do so in next week. I have no bias toward Creta or Seltos. In fact Seltos having firm ride would be my first preference but seltos have overall design language that is bit loud for my taste. So I am keeping it for later.

Last edited by HereticHermit : 19th February 2024 at 12:09.
Old 19th February 2024, 14:38   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, Nikunj, aftermarket Cruise Control sounds good to me but I am not sure if it is OEM or aftermarket setup and simple plug-n-play or requires a lot of tooling. Can you elaborate more?
For Pre-facelift Creta models starting in 2019, The installations were just plug-and-play. While Seltos needed some wire needed to be run for Cruise to work. Not sure about current-gen versions though.
N4Nikunj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 23:26   #157

I have booked a Creta SX(O) IVT in Titan Grey color with both Hyundai dealers in the city. The booking was made before the official launch of the car, with both dealers quoting a waiting period of 6 to 8 weeks. Now, both are saying that arranging the Titan Grey color will be difficult, and they cannot commit to deliver however they will try for delivery at the earliest. However, they are ready to deliver White or Black colors immediately. Has anyone else booked a Creta in the grey color? Was any timeline committed by the dealer?
Autoenthu91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 15:40   #158
BHPian

Does anyone know the unladen weight of diesel automatic creta SX (O)?

Last edited by TorkBHP : 21st February 2024 at 15:42.
Old 21st February 2024, 21:17   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Does anyone know the unladen weight of diesel automatic creta SX (O)?
Weight data as per Creta FL User Manual.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_20240221_211610.jpg  

Aniket Verma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 06:53   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
Weight data as per Creta FL User Manual.
Thanks
This seems to be the laden weight (gross weight). Does the manual mention unladen weight (net weight)?
Old 22nd February 2024, 08:48   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Thanks
This seems to be the laden weight (gross weight). Does the manual mention unladen weight (net weight)?
No, the manual dose not mentions unladen weight.

As per DMV Act, Unladen weight + Passengers + Cargo = Gross Weight.

As Creta is a certified 5 seater (Avg adult weight be 80 kg per person) and assuming 5 travel bags of 15 kg each, you can reduce Gross weight by approx. 475 kgs to derive unladen weight.
Aniket Verma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:40   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
I drive a lot. About 30k/year is the average, with not all of it being on smooth roads.
Congratulations on your booking! With a running of 30K/year, Diesel AT would have been a natural choice. Is there any particular reason for choosing petrol instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque789 View Post
But since my next car would be for atleast 10-15yrs , I am contemplating whether or not to go for IVT. Another thing is about the ADAS.
Since you plan to use your car for at least 10 years, please buy the top variant. Also, automatics are already commonplace and their percentage will only increase in the next 10 years. The more you drive, the more you would appreciate the convenience. Creta is anyway commanding a long waiting period. That might just be the right time for you to increase your budget. Please read this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...er-regret.html (Did you ever buy the smaller engine option of any model? Did you ever regret it?) for experiences and suggestions from fellow members on buying the best variant.

There are mixed opinions about the benefits of ADAS. Please see this thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...f-yes-how.html (ADAS in India : Do you use it? If yes, how?)

IMHO, it is worth buying a car with ADAS in today's world. You could always turn off certain features that you don't need and keep only the useful ones active as per your need.
CarML is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:58   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can the output of oem projector be 'bumped up' without burning up things? I am not well conversant with lightning upgrades but if projector are going to have LED in the background then I still have problem with kelvin rating. I do want something more natural/warm white than 4300 kelvin rated LEDs.

I have not checked Seltos yet but will do so in next week. I have no bias toward Creta or Seltos. In fact Seltos having firm ride would be my first preference but seltos have overall design language that is bit loud for my taste. So I am keeping it for later.
Adding a HID kit or a LED bulb to the existing halogen projectors, is the most common modification that you will find owners doing. Both are risk free and have excellent output. I am running HIDs on my Seltos projectors but I would recommend the LED route. They seem to be less prone to failure. Lighting wise HID is superior. If you go for HID then get a kit from OSRAM.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 07:59   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

I did have a debate on this with my colleague yesterday. He was saying the S variant did come with defogger and rear wiper. Knowing Hyundai I told that they provide rear wiper only on the top variants. So guess I know who lost that debate.

Quote:

I am told by sales guy that Creta S has Cruise Control and rear defogger + wiper but I will have to swap the LED headlight. He is willing to help with someone who wants LED set up and buying E variant. I saw the E variant but the halogen projector output looked pretty basic and weak to me although the throw and projection (as against led setup) was exactly what I was looking for. Can the output of oem projector be 'bumped up' without burning up things? I am not well conversant with lightning upgrades but if projector are going to have LED in the background then I still have problem with kelvin rating. I do want something more natural/warm white than 4300 kelvin rated LEDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Adding a HID kit or a LED bulb to the existing halogen projectors, is the most common modification that you will find owners doing. Both are risk free and have excellent output. I am running HIDs on my Seltos projectors but I would recommend the LED route. They seem to be less prone to failure. Lighting wise HID is superior. If you go for HID then get a kit from OSRAM.
Am not sure the LED setup on the Creta is good. Many here reported it to be bad and also we have an Alcazar in the family and the output is bad.

Get HID kit on to your projector setup. I would highly recommend "Morimoto" that's US based. They had a dealer in India before. Else, Osram/Philips. Although there's this warm-up time, HIDs produce less heat when compared to LEDs and got better life.

@ashis - Mostly it's the ballast that's prone to failure.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:40   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarML View Post
Congratulations on your booking! With a running of 30K/year, Diesel AT would have been a natural choice. Is there any particular reason for choosing petrol instead?
Thank you !

Reasoning behind choosing petrol is twofold:
1) My family has exclusively driven petrol vehicles only, right from Padmini Petrol. While we agree that diesel vehicles have improved beyond all recognition, we are still old school here!
2) Leaving the obvious bias aside, a simple back-of-the-envelope calculation which mirrors my exclusive highway usage shows that it will take a ton of running before diesel can recoup its cost and start saving. Have a look. If I add loan %/interest % into this, the breakeven distance goes even farther.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-capture.jpg  

Last edited by deovrat : 23rd February 2024 at 11:47. Reason: Brevity

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks