Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 20:01   #136

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Checked with multiple dealerships in Delhi - no TD vehicles here either. Hyundai is being complacent here. It's unclear why Hyundai is taking so long to make TD cars accessible for one of its best models.
Hyundai is probably trying to prioritize DCT with N-line. You can try the Seltos, the engine-gearbox combo is exactly the same.
What I felt is that the engine response is excellent provided you use it on roads with less traffic or highways. Not very good for congested city use.
ShabbyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 07:48   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
After deliberating for a couple of weeks between Creta & Seltos, I have decided to go with Creta 1.5IVT. The AutoHold was the deciding factor with the home ministry making it non-negotiable and myself not stretching for the top-end Seltos.
The pending decision now is whether to sell the diesel Ritz or not due its extreme reliability (only once did we hit an issue while on the road in 13 years) and frugality (17kmpl in Bangalore traffic and AC always on).
Good choice.... Both our scenarios are almost the same and I decided to go ahead with Seltos GTX+ DCT and just took Delivery yesterday.
With a heavy heart, I sold off my Ritz D to the Used Car vendor of my KIA Dealer. Totally agree on your views about the Ritz. Amazing Fuss free Car for its price.
Best of luck for your Creta IVT buy.
Old 12th February 2024, 08:35   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
After deliberating for a couple of weeks between Creta & Seltos, I have decided to go with Creta 1.5IVT. The AutoHold was the deciding factor with the home ministry making it non-negotiable and myself not stretching for the top-end Seltos.
Auto hold + EPB was one of the main reasons (other being pana sunroof) I chose Creta SX IVT over Seltos HTX IVT couple of years ago. That feature is very practical and useful in so many situations (city or hill)

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th February 2024 at 08:37.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 11:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Checked with multiple dealerships in Delhi - no TD vehicles here either. Hyundai is being complacent here. It's unclear why Hyundai is taking so long to make TD cars accessible for one of its best models.
Creta FL is now available for Test Drive in Delhi NCR.

Hyundai is offering TD through their centralised HUBs. As all slots for last weekend were already booked I have booked a slot for coming Saturday.

Last edited by Aniket Verma : 12th February 2024 at 11:19.
Aniket Verma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:21   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta facelift waiting period stretches to 7 months

Last month, Hyundai launched the Creta facelift in the Indian market. It received over 51,000 orders within a month since bookings opened in India. Latest reports suggest that the waiting period has extended to around 7 months.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2024_hyundai_creta_facelift_exterior_05.jpg

The Creta facelift is available in seven variants with prices starting at Rs 11 lakh (ex-showroom). The petrol variants command a waiting period of up to 5 months for the manual version and up to 7 months for the automatic trims. The waiting period for diesel variants though, is around 4-5 months.

The Creta facelift is available with three engine options. These include a 1.5-litre petrol engine that makes 113 BHP and 144 Nm, paired with a 6-speed manual or CVT, a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 114 BHP and 250 Nm, offered with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic and a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol that produces 158 BHP and 253 Nm, that is available with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th February 2024 at 11:23.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
This is not surprising given that it is one of the most popular SUVs out there. I endured 6-7 months wait couple of years ago. FL looks like another block buster from Hyundai.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th February 2024 at 11:39.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 12:35   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it's clearly evident from the numbers. Though these are the factory dispatch figures , they surely aren't without a strong order book.

Seltos is doing just half of the Creta inspite of it being quite a popular choice. I do understand though that there are other factors for this - primarily being the dealer and SC reach which is a big plus for Hyundai.

Needless to say, the Creta will regain the top spot from this month onwards.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-compactsuvsalesjan20242.jpg

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 15th February 2024 at 12:39.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 13:54   #143
BHPian

Quote:

Last month, Hyundai launched the Creta facelift in the Indian market. It received over 51,000 orders within a month since bookings opened in India. Latest reports suggest that the waiting period has extended to around 7 months.

Attachment 2573056

The Creta facelift is available in seven variants with prices starting at Rs 11 lakh (ex-showroom). The petrol variants command a waiting period of up to 5 months for the manual version and up to 7 months for the automatic trims. The waiting period for diesel variants though, is around 4-5 months.

The Creta facelift is available with three engine options. These include a 1.5-litre petrol engine that makes 113 BHP and 144 Nm, paired with a 6-speed manual or CVT, a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 114 BHP and 250 Nm, offered with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic and a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol that produces 158 BHP and 253 Nm, that is available with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News
I am a bit confused here. My cousin just bought Creta MT in a week's time at Coimbatore. In Tiruchendur, they are seeking a maximum of 2 weeks for any variant or colour combination. Is the demand/allocation favorable in TN or it is all just marketing ploy to match rivals like Mahindra who claim long waiting period?
TorquePull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 15:46   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePull View Post
I am a bit confused here. My cousin just bought Creta MT in a week's time at Coimbatore. In Tiruchendur, they are seeking a maximum of 2 weeks for any variant or colour combination. Is the demand/allocation favorable in TN or it is all just marketing ploy to match rivals like Mahindra who claim long waiting period?
This has been discussed multiple times, looks like partially marketing ploy. I was getting calls from dealers in NCR with waiting of few weeks, I don't think situation is very different now, may be 1-2 months waiting.
Old 15th February 2024, 15:54   #145
BHPian

In the Seltos thread someone had posted that wireless Android Auto is not available for the higher-end models in Seltos using the 10" screens, is the the same for the FL Creta as well or all variants get the wireless android auto?
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 18:54   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
In the Seltos thread someone had posted that wireless Android Auto is not available for the higher-end models in Seltos using the 10" screens, is the the same for the FL Creta as well or all variants get the wireless android auto?
It is the same in the FL Creta. Higher variants get wired Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 19:40   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
If they have 10.25 inch screen, then you can be sure that it won't support wireless AA/CarPlay.

Best solution is to get a dongle (Carlinkit 5.0). Been using it on my Tucson for sometime now and is working flawlessly so far.
Sandeep M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:21   #148
BANNED

I went around for a test drive to both KIA and Hyundai showroom. As background I am well conversant with popular sentiments on FL Creta 2024 and FL Seltos 2024 (diesel manual) in this forum.

My shopping list is very spartan. I am looking at a 1.5-litre diesel with a 6-speed manual which both Creta/Seltos offer on engine that puts out 114 BHP@250 Nm. I only want to consider 6 speed manual, defogger on rear glass (good if it has wiper also) and a simple cruise control for highway with projector headlights (because OEM keep making Leds that are legally brightest possible, say 43-4500 kelvin color temp) but humans really do see best in 36-39 kelvin range and no; 43kelvin is not the best of both the worlds, it is compromise because everyone wanting brightest white has pushed the OEMs to make brightest white allowed under legal limits to be made to keep those white light enlightened people happy.

But my culling list is longer than wanted list !!
1. don't need alloys
2. dont need ADAS
3. cant care about touch screen v/s knobs, cute looks butch looks
4. basically all the tech feature don't make me jump and take notice
5. those LED lights !!!!

trouble is the variant spillover doesn't allow me to cull out what I don't want. For example if I insist on cruise control as must have, I am tumbled over into high end variants with extra 'tech' that I simply don't want.

I can always buy the 'cheapest' and upgrade the required hardware to liking (if or wherever possible) but it will be like reinventing the wheel all over again only to hit the wall when service people tells me it is not possible to retrofit a cruise control on base model or that it is not possible to downgrade the LEDs to Projectors.

Has anyone here have similar sentiments and found peace with a particular variant in either Creta or Seltos?? Here I am not really nitpicking between Creta or seltos per say but just trying to work out which variant of either will allow accommodating simple wants I have.
Old 17th February 2024, 11:56   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePull View Post
This looks to be marketing strategy only, as here in Mumbai a few of the models are available within a few weeks as opposed to months.
Dealers do claim this as a Priority Service provided as a special gesture.
However, when I bargained to get insurance by myself or reduce the price, he said that wouldn't be possible and that, I would have to wait for longer.
GJGadget is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 12:14   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
I went around for a test drive to both KIA and Hyundai showrooms. As background, I am well conversant with popular sentiments on FL Creta 2024 and FL Seltos 2024 (diesel manual) in this forum.

Dear HereticHermit,

As your primary requirement is projector headlamps over LEDs Creta goes out of the selection bucket. I will suggest to buy Seltos HTK+ Diesel iMT to go ahead with. It will get Cruise Control, Projector Headlights & good-looking alloys. The iMT would be easier to drive as well considering your location.

As far as retrofitting is concerned Cruise control can be retrofitted easily aftermarket for both the Cars Seltos/Creta.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks