Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2024, 08:13   #91
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Having issues with MyKia, it keeps saying mobile number not registered when I try to add my Vehicle VIN, hopefully it will get sorted soon.
You may contact KIA cc or the service centre to check whether contact number is updated in their system. It was the SC who installed it during the first service for me.
Old 25th January 2024, 08:57   #92
BHPian

One question on the tyres, I see the tyre manufacture is 47th week of 2023 which is like 2 months old is this ok? I was assuming given the car is new the tyre should have been atleast 51 or 52nd week of 23 for sure.

Current owners, what year was your tyre manufactured?
Old 25th January 2024, 15:15   #93

I just test drove the Turbo Petrol DCT Sonet GTX+ yesterday and I'm pretty close to going for it soon. Gonna trade in my 9 yr old Grand i10 and pretty pleased with the exchange value for it. I'm not able to decide which colour to get though. I'm leaning towards silver or blue while I wasn't too impressed with the red.

What colours have you guys seen in person and which ones do you like?

Also, this video just came out today so thought I'll share it.

sheik.yerbouti is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 16:27   #94
BHPian

Quote:
One question on the tyres, I see the tyre manufacture is 47th week of 2023 which is like 2 months old is this ok? I was assuming given the car is new the tyre should have been atleast 51 or 52nd week of 23 for sure.

Current owners, what year was your tyre manufactured?
It's perfectly fine!!! Two months old is like hot from the oven.
headbanger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 17:43   #95
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik.yerbouti View Post
I'm leaning towards silver or blue while I wasn't too impressed with the red.

Please do check out the GTX variant in white shade. It looks fab!

Agree with you, red isn't quite striking in person.

Silver is a neutral colour and generally cars look good in that. Not sure about blue though. It's almost black to my eyes.

Quote:
Also, this video just came out today so thought I'll share it.]
Thank you for sharing; I was waiting for this. These guys are just nailing it off-late with their videos!

Quite a unique way to review cars; and I see that fellow media houses are following this suit.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 18:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen white, red and black and personally liked the Red one.
I did get a glance on the pewter olive which looked nice as well, I have the Red one waiting for delivery next week, completed the PDI yesterday.
Which showroom are you buying in BLR from?

Quote:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=qOUSBydWC4c
Thanks, its a simple talk which you can connect to and the way they explain is very good.
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 19:37   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Please do check out the GTX variant in white shade. It looks fab!

Agree with you, red isn't quite striking in person.

Silver is a neutral colour and generally cars look good in that. Not sure about blue though. It's almost black to my eyes.
Thank you. I generally don't prefer white cos I'm afraid that any dirt and dust will make it look bad but I'll consider it.

Quote:
I have seen white, red and black and personally liked the Red one.
I did get a glance on the pewter olive which looked nice as well, I have the Red one waiting for delivery next week, completed the PDI yesterday.
Which showroom are you buying in BLR from?
I'm tempted by the Olive Green too but my family dislikes it so I've had to reject that as well. I'll mostly book it from Naara as they're closest to my location but I haven't been too impressed with their communication till now. They rescheduled my test drive multiple times and didn't communicate it properly either. My other option is Advaith near Lalbagh. What about you?
Old 25th January 2024, 20:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
T I'll mostly book it from Naara as they're closest to my location but I haven't been too impressed with their communication till now. They rescheduled my test drive multiple times and didn't communicate it properly either. My other option is Advaith near Lalbagh. What about you?
Naara Kia JP Nagar only since it is close to us, I went to the showroom once but was constantly talking with the SA and told them that I need a test drive and they gave it, though it was just 20mins but that gave a good enough idea that this is good for me. I spent more time looking inside the car as well there (GT model though).

Eventually went with HTX DCT and did the PDI yesterday, overall satisfied, even spoke to service manager regarding few details.

You need to keep pestering and querying them and then you will get response.
Old 27th January 2024, 02:13   #99

Consulting 2 confused friends who are considering Sonet, Venue, Creta and Seltos led me to prepare an excel on key features. Still it was looking too geeky so went one step ahead and spent the Republic day holiday preparing visualisation on Tableau, but felt worth it in the end. I've made it public, hope it would help some forum members as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

https://public.tableau.com/views/CarFinderHK/Dashboard1

2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review-screenshot-20240127-1.52.26-am.png
Blakride is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 22:23   #100
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=qOUSBydWC4c
These folks claim that there’s an improvement in the ride quality and also the engine tuning of the turbo-petrol. Surprisingly, none of the reviews mention this ; not even our TBHP review.

Can anybody confirm this? Possibly the existing Sonet owners who have TD’d the FL’s? I was expecting that Kia would do some enhancement in the suspension tune; but was disappointed to see that none of the reviewers mentioned about this.

Also, quite a few reviewers are praising the turbo DCT drivetrain than the D AT. This is contrary to the pre-facelift , wherein the D AT was everyone’s favourite! This only bolsters my doubt that the BS-6.2 Diesels have kinda lost their mojo!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 27th January 2024 at 22:24.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 22:42   #101

Quote:
These folks claim that there’s an improvement in the ride quality and also the engine tuning of the turbo-petrol. Surprisingly, none of the reviews mention this ; not even our TBHP review.

Can anybody confirm this? Possibly the existing Sonet owners who have TD’d the FL’s? I was expecting that Kia would do some enhancement in the suspension tune; but was disappointed to see that none of the reviewers mentioned about this.

Also, quite a few reviewers are praising the turbo DCT drivetrain than the D AT. This is contrary to the pre-facelift , wherein the D AT was everyone’s favourite! This only bolsters my doubt that the BS-6.2 Diesels have kinda lost their mojo!
I don't own Sonet but I have driven prefacelift and facelift Sonet back to back in a week's time. Suprisingly, I felt a lot of difference in ride quality. Prefacelift had a very stiff ride, I could hear and feel every sharp bump on the road. But the newer sonet was more mature, it still has stiffer suspension but doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. I drove on broken road also and didn't feel uncomfortable at all but surely it is still stiffer than XUV300 and Nexon. Definitely not a deal breaker now, we can live with it and enjoy the ride on highways.
_ajk_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 03:13   #102

Quote:
Autocar India's review mentioned the Diesel AT as the pick of their bunch after praising the petrol DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ajk_ View Post
I don't own Sonet but I have driven prefacelift and facelift Sonet back to back in a week's time. Suprisingly, I felt a lot of difference in ride quality. Prefacelift had a very stiff ride, I could hear and feel every sharp bump on the road. But the newer sonet was more mature, it still has stiffer suspension but doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. I drove on broken road also and didn't feel uncomfortable at all but surely it is still stiffer than XUV300 and Nexon. Definitely not a deal breaker now, we can live with it and enjoy the ride on highways.
I drove the DCT GTX+ during my TD over bad roads too and didn't feel like the ride quality was as bad as I initially expected. There was still a bit of rocking sideways but it was definitely a step above my current Grand i10.
sheik.yerbouti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 08:28   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Having driven the facelift Sonet and earlier Seltos (which has stiff suspension), can definitely say this is much better, comparable to Venue now which I felt was very good compared to Seltos.

It is still stiff but not bone breaking stiff.
m2maddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 20:25   #104

Just booked the DCT GTX+ variant today after another test drive and about 30 mins of trying to decide which colour to go for. I managed to eliminate white, black, blue and silver too, so now I need to decide between Intense Red and Pewter Olive. Leaning towards Pewter cos it's a new colour and looks pretty good to me and the wifey. I went to a different dealership though and they informed me that the waiting period could be as low as 1-3 weeks depending on the colour. I'll be delighted if it comes that quickly.
Old 28th January 2024, 22:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Just booked the DCT GTX+ variant today after another test drive and about 30 mins of trying to decide which colour to go for. I managed to eliminate white, black, blue and silver too, so now I need to decide between Intense Red and Pewter Olive. Leaning towards Pewter cos it's a new colour and looks pretty good to me and the wifey. I went to a different dealership though and they informed me that the waiting period could be as low as 1-3 weeks depending on the colour. I'll be delighted if it comes that quickly.
Pewter Olive indeed does look good, it's a nice shade of green, I chose Red since it was my favorite and also had ruled all colors except the Black and Red, so Red easily won.

Check the HTX as well if you don't need the ADAS/360 features, cheaper by 3L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks