Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:33   #76
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I presume the Kia Connect is integrated with the 10" AVN unit and cannot be had as is in the lower specced 8".

IMHO it isn't quite a deal breaker as I haven't seen folks using it much other than the initial period. Once the novelty factor dies, the connectivity issues, etc. seem to diminish the whole experience.

Somehow the HTX variant still feels the most VFM even in the facelift. The only sad omission being the alloy wheels! Idk why, but Kia had done this exact same thing during the initial launch of the Sonet in 2020 and later in 2021 they added the alloys in the HTX variant.

Having said that, I got to agree that the GTX+ looks the part (in flesh) in that beautiful white shade! I happened to see one on the road last night and man, I was blown! But the price difference between the HTX & GTX+ is also very steep. Not quite sure if it's justified.
HTX IVT variant does get Alloys, 10 inch Screen as well as KIA Connect, right? Just checked the Compare Section on KIA Website. Are we confusing HTX with HTK?

*** Sorry, i thought this is the Seltos Thread.

Mods, pls delete this post of mine.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 22nd January 2024 at 11:36.
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
I presume the Kia Connect is integrated with the 10" AVN unit and cannot be had as is in the lower specced 8".

IMHO it isn't quite a deal breaker as I haven't seen folks using it much other than the initial period. Once the novelty factor dies, the connectivity issues, etc. seem to diminish the whole experience.

But the price difference between the HTX & GTX+ is also very steep. Not quite sure if it's justified.
I was in dilemma but I felt the price difference was just too much and hence went to HTX variant, ADAS is something which wasn't a deal breaker for me, though the 360 camera, 10.25inch instrument cluster is something I would have loved, the HTX+ doesn't come in automatic so HTX it was.

Hoping to take the delivery in the next 10 days.
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 12:36   #78
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
I was in dilemma but I felt the price difference was just too much and hence went to HTX variant, ADAS is something which wasn't a deal breaker for me, though the 360 camera, 10.25inch instrument cluster is something I would have loved, the HTX+ doesn't come in automatic so HTX it was.

Hoping to take the delivery in the next 10 days.
Exactly! The price difference between HTX & GTX is too steep to justify the features addition.

Kia have distinctly differentiated the Tech & GT Line variants with the FL's.

And best wishes for your upcoming ride!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 12:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is only the top of the line GT & X trims ; the lower trims however look more or less the same as outgoing model.
Isn't the HTX DCT and GTX+ DCT more or less the same from exterior looks point of view ?

HTX DCT too gets connected tail lamps, LED all round lights and DRLs, and KIA signature grill. Am I missing something ?
Old 22nd January 2024, 12:57   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Isn't the HTX DCT and GTX+ DCT more or less the same from exterior looks point of view ?

HTX DCT too gets connected tail lamps, LED all round lights and DRLs, and KIA signature grill. Am I missing something ?
Partly yes, but the way the front bumpers and LED fogs and surroundings have been designed makes it look completely butch and quite different from the HTX.

The rear bumper too is slightly different in GTX as compared to the HTX.

Like I said, these differences are quite apparent when you see both in person.

Also, it's good to see that Kia and also Hyundai to some extent are doing away with the chrome elements! The Sonet GTX is completely devoid of chrome & those dark grey elements look wicked!

Trust me, you got to see the Sonet GTX+ in white!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 22nd January 2024 at 12:58.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:48   #81
BHPian

Sonet owners, have you got either My Convenience or Flexi package? What's the feedback and is it recommended? I think for 3 years it is 18k and 5 years is 28k is it worth it?
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:07   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Trust me, you got to see the Sonet GTX+ in white!
True. GT & X Line are much macho in design. Unlike pre-facelift model which had same design between all its trims & only difference was some added color ascent in grills, KIA has made their top trims more aggressive looking. I am sure the replacement cost of these bumpers, Fog lamps & grills would be higher from in Techline. Headlight is same on both HTX & GTX but I guess by its design they would easily get damaged in the event of a collision & would cost a bomb to replace.

They should have offered higher trims in MT as well but once again KIA decided to offer higher trims in AT only. Some reviews justify price difference of 2.5L from HTX to GTX for AT. I am still not sold on this though.
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:35   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Sonet owners, have you got either My Convenience or Flexi package? What's the feedback and is it recommended? I think for 3 years it is 18k and 5 years is 28k is it worth it?
There's some marginal benefit in something you have to pay anyway for major services, plus there's protection against cost fluctuations (which can only go up I guess). I've taken this and warranty, so hopefully break pad, tyres etc. aside I'm sorted for 5 years (intend to keep this for at least 5 years).
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
There's some marginal benefit in something you have to pay anyway for major services, plus there's protection against cost fluctuations (which can only go up I guess). I've taken this and warranty, so hopefully break pad, tyres etc. aside I'm sorted for 5 years (intend to keep this for at least 5 years).
Thanks, is it still 28k for 5 years, I also feel it is better to have it paid so that you can just go and get it done and come back, what all is not covered which you had to pay for till now?
And is this Pan India coverage still or same service station?
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:43   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Some reviews justify price difference of 2.5L from HTX to GTX for AT. I am still not sold on this though.
The on-road price difference here in Goa is 3 L INR. It's be even more in states like KA. That is a huge amount for this segment IMHO.
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
The on-road price difference here in Goa is 3 L INR. It's be even more in states like KA. That is a huge amount for this segment IMHO.
3.25L more for GTX, didn't justify for me, hence went with HTX, road tax is a huge factor. Ex-showroom diff of 2.5L means 3L difference with tax.
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:57   #87
BHPian

Folks, whenever I download the Sonet owner's manual the PDF is showing corrupted, is there any alternate link for the manual?
Old 24th January 2024, 22:30   #88
BHPian

Anyone took deliveries of the Facelift ? When is Diesel MT Sonet coming to showrooms for Test drive & deliveries ?
Old 24th January 2024, 22:51   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, whenever I download the Sonet owner's manual the PDF is showing corrupted, is there any alternate link for the manual?
You can use the myKIA app. You can download from the app Store.
Old 24th January 2024, 23:04   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
You can use the myKIA app. You can download from the app Store.
Having issues with MyKia, it keeps saying mobile number not registered when I try to add my Vehicle VIN, hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks