Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 09:49   #46
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Definitely go for the 360 degree camera if it's the same as the stock one.
Already pre booked the 1 L Turbo Petrol DCT XLine.Vehicle is on transit from the plant and due for delivery next week.
Old 14th January 2024, 23:10   #47
BHPian

Is it better to go for top model of Sonet or lower variant of Seltos at same price point?
Old 15th January 2024, 10:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
As per the accessories list provided by dealership, 360 cam costs 35000 and spoiler 5500. The brain says justifiable but Level 1 ADAS(camera based)was not preferred personally. The blind view camera would be good during city drive(Haven't experienced personally)
Was happy with the GTX features and the preferred colour was black but since shortlisted 7 of 10 sonet seen in my city were all black and the matte was very rare. Settled with the XLine and the difference was 20K only.
Anyway's we dont switch cars too often and the normal usage is 8-10 years and I am pretty confident that the features and styling wouldn't get outdated at least for 3-5 years(Fingers crossed)

Any idea if it was official Kia accessory or some third party/external vendor installation? I checked with my dealer here in Delhi (Dwarka) and he had no clue about it (though he said he will check and get back).

I need 360 camera but at the same time I don't want to shell out than 15L for a car which is essentially a 10L Rs car (10L for car +5 lac for features should be ok )
Old 15th January 2024, 10:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

[quote=AmazeGuru;5698816]Wow! 80k premium for the GTX+ variants is too much. I paid 17.4 on-road in BLR for my GTX+ D AT in Dec 2022./QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Grossly overpriced all around especially the Turbo Petrol & Diesel models especially at higher trims. Higher the trims, the price increment over a trim below is ridiculous compared to features being offered
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
I really applaud Kia's bold strategy.
The price premium is slightly on the higher side for the new additions, however as per the competition, IMO the price is still good considering it still undercuts Nexon. OTR Pune price for top end petrol DCT of Nexon and Sonet are 17.42L and 17.34L (X Line). With GT Line it's 17.12L.

With Diesel it's 18.72 for Nexon and 18.95 for X Line Sonet. For GT Line it's 18.72!

That said, the segment itself has become quite overpriced IMO. But if one does not require the extra space, the top of the line Sonet's are really well loaded and does not warrant a jump to the next segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
Is it better to go for top model of Sonet or lower variant of Seltos at same price point?
Interesting question. The X line Sonet DCT and HTK+ Seltos Turbo iMT are about 50K from eachother in OTR price (Seltos being costlier). The 1.5 turbo is way more potent than the Sonet 1.0 Turbo, and I would buy that car for that sole reason.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 11:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

The pricing of Mid spec HTX variant of the Sonet, specially the DCT, has the potential to hit the sales of Nexon's top selling Creative/Creative Plus DCT models.

The pricing not only undercuts the Nexon's Creative Plus, but also offers features like Sunroof and ventilated seats which are missing on the Nexon Creative Plus.

Heck, the Nexon Creative Plus even misses out on the center armrest.

But where Nexon Creative Plus scores over the Sonet HTX is the 360 degree camera and slightly better interior space.

All in all, if I were in the market for a budget about 14 lacs and looking for a CSUV, I would prefer the Sonet HTX over the likes of Nexon Creative/Creative Plus, given the Sonet would offer a much better driving experience (The Nexon's Revtron still cannot match the koreans in terms of refinement and general driving dynamics) and the fact that DCT on the KIA is still better than Tata's DCA. And then that cool Ventilated seats features which is a must have specially in North India.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2024 at 13:08. Reason: CP - Creative Plus
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 14:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Can they install this 360 camera as an accessory to Sonet facelift on HTX+ trim which comes with 10.25" MID? Blind view camera is quite practical especially for left turns. Spoiler is not an important add-on & can be installed aftermarket.
Quote:
I have seen the 360 camera,on the list of accessories that the Sales Executive provided.Hovewer the part number was not there but just the price.Its better to check with your dealership for the details as I don't have much info on the topic
Quote:
As per the accessories list provided by dealership, 360 cam costs 35000 and spoiler 5500. The brain says justifiable but Level 1 ADAS(camera based)was not preferred personally. The blind view camera would be good during city drive(Haven't experienced personally)
Was happy with the GTX features and the preferred colour was black but since shortlisted 7 of 10 sonet seen in my city were all black and the matte was very rare. Settled with the XLine and the difference was 20K only.
Anyway's we dont switch cars too often and the normal usage is 8-10 years and I am pretty confident that the features and styling wouldn't get outdated at least for 3-5 years(Fingers crossed)

Have checked with multiple dealers here at Delhi and everyone confirmed that 360 camera is not available as official accessory (so it must be after-market price list). Its not advisable to go for after-market 360 camera as it will void the warranty.
rahul412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 11:06   #52

Does anyone have the price list from Bengaluru that they can share? Seems like HTX Dct touches almost 15.5L ONR.
Old 16th January 2024, 11:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno610 View Post
Does anyone have the price list from Bengaluru that they can share? Seems like HTX Dct touches almost 15.5L ONR.
Excluding accessories and extended warranty and including insurance it is 15.2L OTR in Bengaluru
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pricelist -Sonet-RDE as on 12.01.2024 (2).pdf (163.6 KB, 257 views)
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 13:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Excluding accessories and extended warranty and including insurance it is 15.2L OTR in Bengaluru
Any idea what the Accessory package for 20k include ? Is it optional or mandatory. What about waiting periods (if any) ?
Old 16th January 2024, 13:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any idea what the Accessory package for 20k include ? Is it optional or mandatory. What about waiting periods (if any) ?
Waiting periods for early bookings are 2 weeks, as of now 4 weeks is what I was told, accessory package I need to check, going there tomorrow to get the details.
Old 16th January 2024, 14:06   #56
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Have checked with multiple dealers here at Delhi and everyone confirmed that 360 camera is not available as official accessory (so it must be after-market price list). Its not advisable to go for after-market 360 camera as it will void the warranty.
Hello, I am in the process of finalising the top model (AT-Petrol) for my dad, the salesman told me (on call) that the 360 deg camera is an inbuilt accessory. I did also check on the KIA website and it does show this under the feature list.

Can you confirm if this is true or am I being taken for a ride ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review-img_6720.jpeg  

Old 16th January 2024, 16:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Hello, I am in the process of finalising the top model (AT-Petrol) for my dad, the salesman told me (on call) that the 360 deg camera is an inbuilt accessory. I did also check on the KIA website and it does show this under the feature list.

Thanks
Yes, 360 deg camera is an in-built/standard "feature" in GTX+ and X-line variants.
However, Kia does not offer it as an official "accessory" in other lower variants that do not have the 360 deg camera as a standard "feature".

So, the salesman is giving you the correct info, if the variant you have chosen is GTX+ or X-line.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 18:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post

Thanks
Yes in GTX+ & X-Line its a standard feature, in my previous post, I was talking about adding a 360 camera in lower variants as an accessory (which now we know is not possible). Hope it clarifies.
rahul412 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 13:17   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Waiting periods for early bookings are 2 weeks, as of now 4 weeks is what I was told, accessory package I need to check, going there tomorrow to get the details.
Any updates regarding the accessory package?
Old 18th January 2024, 14:50   #60
BHPian

I went to the showroom for a test drive, and found the car to be pretty decent for sedate driving as well, and suspension is definitely better.
However I also tried Seltos and found that much more comfortable (obviously it costs 5L more).

Accessories list also I got and feel it's pretty much basic and not worth except 2-3 things.
2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review-sonetacc.jpg
m2maddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks