Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2024, 11:57   #241
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

A little birdie tells me the thought process behind these recent updates.

1. Pull customers to Kia from other competitors(read: Fronx,3XO, Venue etc)
2. Encourage customers to go for higher variants with the lure of features and marginal price difference

Few more features might get added in another 6-8 months OR during the festive season(timelines not firm yet).

With Seltos taking a beating(relatively, as per their forecast and targets), expect few more features in Seltos in coming days AND price difference between Seltos and Sonet will be reduced further,thus angling customers to go for Seltos.
Old 4th July 2024, 12:07   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
Now they do have GTX model for DCT which is competing with 3XO AX7 model.
What do you think of that comparison with almost same price point?

any point I missed out?
Very difficult to say in absolute terms which is "better". Much depends what "value" you put for each feature.

For me, 3XO is certainly larger and has more powerful engine. For someone, sunroof might be a big plus. Not for me. For Sonet, 360 degree camera is a big functional feature as are ventilated seats for a city like Mumbai. Someone may or may not like the shape and design of 3XO.

In either case, one will not go "wrong" with either of these variants.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 13:29   #243
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmaj View Post
The addition of a rear wiper, washer, and LED headlamps to the Sonet HTK+ variant is indeed good news. I am already frustrated from the waiting period of the 3X0 (booked it on 15th May) without any clarity on the delivery time line, Sonet price hike ruined my day yesterday as it’s my second choice. I was in the impression that its just another price hike without any feature changes. However, the updated Sonet HTK+ variant now offers a more comprehensive package and I am happy to pay 16K more for this
True that, I too was a little annoyed knowing about the price hike as there was absolutely no news about the feature / variant additions.

Possibly, Kia does this to avoid any cancellations of the already dispatched / allotted cars which then rot in their inventory without any takers.

Case in point is myself - I had received my car, HTX D AT last week and had even wired the amount for invoicing to the dealer. It's just that their system was undergoing an update due to these changes and the invoicing couldn't happen. I later came home & casually happened to check their website and was pleasantly surprised to see the addition of the features and new trims. Immediately cancelled my preference of HTX and upgraded to GTX DCT. Now the SA is annoyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post

2. Encourage customers to go for higher variants with the lure of features and marginal price difference

Few more features might get added in another 6-8 months OR during the festive season(timelines not firm yet).

With Seltos taking a beating(relatively, as per their forecast and targets), expect few more features in Seltos in coming days AND price difference between Seltos and Sonet will be reduced further,thus angling customers to go for Seltos.
Good for Kia and more importantly for us consumers. But apart from these feature additions and other bling, they should focus more on their dealership aspects. Their dealers are still riding high on the COVID times and are claiming tall waiting periods of 2 months, etc. Sometimes my SA makes me feel as if he's doing a favour by allotting me a 'my' car.

Even now, when I enquired about the new variants and wait times for the new trims, they are absolutely clueless and are claiming wait times of over 2 months! No clarity on my booking status either.

On the other hand, Hyundai dealers are calling and sending SMS's left, right, centre regarding the offers on their line-up.

Quote:
Pull customers to Kia from other competitors(read: Fronx,3XO, Venue etc)
IMHO, there is absolutely no chance, atleast for the next 3 - 5 years for Kia to even touch the sales of Maruti & Hyundai in their respective segment. Mahindra, maybe yes.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 4th July 2024 at 13:37.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 13:21   #244
BHPian

Hello, has anyone managed to get their hands on the new GTX trims, either DCT or D AT?

The dealer in Goa says that they haven't got any confirmation on either the booking number or the allotment yet. It's already been 2 weeks since my booking. But their response isn't quite convincing, as usual.
Old 17th July 2024, 12:52   #245
BHPian

Hi Guys
posting after a long time!

just completed 4 months with my sonet diesel manual HTX.my previous car was a I20 crdi that i used for 9 yrs and 95k kms. previous to i20 i drove a swift ddis for 6 yrs and 85k kms
The car is a well rounded package. This diesel engine reminds me of my swift ddis especially the turbo boost that starts from 1500 RPM.

The clutch is very light and the gearbox a absolute delight.
the car reaches 3 figure speeds in no time.

ride quality and handling is average.
Rear seat is best for 2 adults and a child. Front seats are quite comfortable.

Average fuel consumption in city - 14.5 kmpl
On highway - 20kmpl

All in all a very good package for dieselheads. but i do regret not opting for the HTXplus option

Last edited by shantyrocks : 17th July 2024 at 12:55.
shantyrocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 15:27   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Folks last 2 days what I see is sometimes wiper fluid doesn't come on at all, suddenly later it works, it has happened again today where the wiper fluid came and then nada, it didn't work at all whole day, anyone know why this can happen or what could be the reason? Fluid was filled completely with water and solution 3 days back.
Went to service station to get this rectified, and it turned out to be a motor issue, they replaced it and now things are good, hopefully this is a one-off case.
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 16:11   #247

Anyone else having issues downloading the July OTA update? I have a Sonet GTX+ and it seemed to be downloading and installing it first, but after restarting the system, it still says it's downloading the update but didn't do anything after 30 mins of keeping it on. I turned off the engine and came back and it tried to download it again and did nothing for 30 mins. I checked the software version installed and it still showed the previous .001.001 version so something isn't working correctly.
Old 20th July 2024, 20:17   #248

Ended up updating via USB because the update size was quite huge. All good now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd July 2024 at 22:41. Reason: typo
Old 23rd July 2024, 22:34   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hello, has anyone managed to get their hands on the new GTX trims, either DCT or D AT?

The dealer in Goa says that they haven't got any confirmation on either the booking number or the allotment yet. It's already been 2 weeks since my booking. But their response isn't quite convincing, as usual.
So, in a surprising turn of events the GTX DCT’s (and also the updated HTX) have started arriving to the dealerships and are available for delivery.

Moreover, the sales manager called me today and enquired as to when I would like to take the delivery of my vehicle? He said that Kia is offering 7k worth of free accessories to which the dealership is adding another 3k and making it 10k worth of free accessories!

This is unheard of atleast for the Sonet and here in Goa. Lol ! All this if I do the ex-showroom + TCS payment on or before 26th July.

Anyway, since the GTX is almost fully loaded, there’s nothing much that can be added as a part of accessories apart from the basics like mud flaps, matting and boot mat.

I requested to give discount on the extended warranty of the balance amount of the accessories, which he said was not possible.
Old 24th July 2024, 17:10   #250
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
So, in a surprising turn of events the GTX DCT’s (and also the updated HTX) have started arriving to the dealerships and are available for delivery.

Moreover, the sales manager called me today and enquired as to when I would like to take the delivery of my vehicle? He said that Kia is offering 7k worth of free accessories to which the dealership is adding another 3k and making it 10k worth of free accessories!

This is unheard of atleast for the Sonet and here in Goa. Lol ! All this if I do the ex-showroom + TCS payment on or before 26th July.

Anyway, since the GTX is almost fully loaded, there’s nothing much that can be added as a part of accessories apart from the basics like mud flaps, matting and boot mat.

I requested to give discount on the extended warranty of the balance amount of the accessories, which he said was not possible.
Yes, Kia is offering huge discounts this month extending till August due to their 5th anniversary, so there is no rush, The Seltos is getting offers to the tune of 60k along with a 5-year warranty. The Sonet is getting benefits of up to 30k depending on the variant as well. So don't jump into the purchase. All offers will be revealed by the first of August.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 11:39   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Yes, Kia is offering huge discounts this month extending till August due to their 5th anniversary, so there is no rush, The Seltos is getting offers to the tune of 60k along with a 5-year warranty. The Sonet is getting benefits of up to 30k depending on the variant as well. So don't jump into the purchase. All offers will be revealed by the first of August.
Yes, I think it's starting to happen. My car has already arrived in the showroom 2 days ago and looking to pick it up in the 1st / 2nd week of August.

The only issue is, when all the Kia dealers were offering discounts, the one here is Goa wasn't even offering a rupee discount on even the basic accessories ; reason being MONOPOLY.

Aside, I did enquire with a few dealers in the neighboring states and they are offering benefits of upto 30k.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 20:29   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
The Sonet is getting benefits of up to 30k depending on the variant as well.
Quote:
The only issue is, when all the Kia dealers were offering discounts, the one here is Goa wasn't even offering a rupee discount on even the basic accessories ; reason being MONOPOLY.

Aside, I did enquire with a few dealers in the neighboring states and they are offering benefits of upto 30k.
So, just gave a shot at negotiating with the sales manager and ended up getting the below benefits for the Sonet GTX DCT.

1. Accessories - 10,000/-
2. Kia Safety Insurance - ~ 20,000/-

Below is the quote I have received now -

1. Ex-showroom - 13,70,900/-
2. TCS - 13,709/-
3. Kia Safety Insurance - 34,720/- (Earlier quote was 55,000/-)
4. Fastag - 500/-
5. Extended Warranty (5 Y / 120k KMS) - 15,817/-
6. Registration - Self.

Final (w/o Road tax)- 14,35,196/-

Apparently this is max they can accommodate and no discounts whatsoever on either the ex-showroom , extended warranty or the RSA.

The FREE extended warranty offer is only on the Seltos and no other model, as of now.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 10:18   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post

You mean add stuff to the Seltos HTX variants and reduce prices? The Sonet HTX doesn't have anything else to add to it without losing its "value" tag.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2024, 23:20   #254
BHPian

Any owners facing issue with the new design key fob wherein the physical key doesn’t sit flush or firmly into the plastic body causing rickety kinda noise all the time.

It’s really irritating as the slightest movement or change in the way you hold the key, the physical key makes this noise.

I’m thinking of reporting this to Kia during the next service; but I wonder if they would even honour this. They might show me 10 other keys having a similar issue maybe.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 13th August 2024 at 23:21.
Old 17th August 2024, 11:21   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Any owners facing issue with the new design key fob wherein the physical key doesn’t sit flush or firmly into the plastic body causing rickety kinda noise all the time.

It’s really irritating as the slightest movement or change in the way you hold the key, the physical key makes this noise.

I’m thinking of reporting this to Kia during the next service; but I wonder if they would even honour this. They might show me 10 other keys having a similar issue maybe.
So which one variant did you finally pick up patrao?

>>They might show me 10 other keys having a similar issue maybe
If they do that, show them the pre facelift one

Cheers
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks