Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 13:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Tata should've included an Infotainment system in the Smart personas. It has Automatic Climate Control, Alloy wheels, et al, meaning it's not a bare bones variant made to keep the entry price lower. The Nexon's 10" system would've been a good addition to the featurelist for this persona and made it a perfect Safari on budget.

I wonder who's the target audience in the current state. I mean who wants to buy a car that has Alloy Wheels but no Music system?
safari_lover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 13:23   #122
BHPian

Quoting another post from another thread regarding if its possible to retrofit EPS to the outgoing model:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5642710 (2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS)

My post is not about EPS though, but wondering how easy or difficult it'd be to get the new front facia to the outgoing model.

If the metal panels have not changed at all and if it's only the plastic parts (bumpers) that are bringing in the new look, I believe it should be doable with not much effort. Yeah, it would also mean change to all the lights and fog lamps and that would obviously cost a bomb.

To me this change of face is very doable, do not see a problem there but with a lot of cost of course. Does it make sense, I don't know.

Any thoughts?
Old 20th October 2023, 15:24   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
To me this change of face is very doable, do not see a problem there but with a lot of cost of course. Does it make sense, I don't know.

Any thoughts?
Looks are a very subjective topic and in general the looks of the new Safari are drool worthy.
I have the same thoughts running through my mind, front end looks + powered tailgate (without gesture control should be feasible). That feeling of should have waited a few more months
Old 20th October 2023, 16:46   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post
Looks are a very subjective topic and in general the looks of the new Safari are drool worthy.
I have the same thoughts running through my mind, front end looks + powered tailgate (without gesture control should be feasible). That feeling of should have waited a few more months
I echo the sentiment

I did a comparo though, feature by feature and variant by variant and what I would miss badly compared to my XZA+ Adventure in high to low order are:

1.Power Steering
2. Three-Point Seatbelt with Reminder for All Seats
3. Airbags and coverage to 3rd row
4. LED Projector Head Lamp
5. Gesture Controlled Powered tailgate
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 20:01   #125
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the Safari facelift stacks up against its segment rivals on the price graph.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20231020_195954.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 23:11   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

What's the extra kit on Safari Vs Harrier that demands an extra 1L ? That's apart from the 2 additional seats
Old 21st October 2023, 13:23   #127
BHPian

In my opinion, Scorpio N makes a strong case against the Harrier/Safari duo as far as value for money is concerned. But Mahindra’s huge waiting periods are just not acceptable.
itsbaman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 13:37   #128
BHPian

How does the price compare with pre-facelift version? Doesn't look easy to compare due to changed nomenclature though.
Old 21st October 2023, 14:36   #129
BHPian

I did some comparisons and older XZ+/XZA+is the equivalent of new Accomplished - of course you get some more features and the price goes up by a couple of lacs. It's not possible to do an apple to apple comparison here as for those couple of lacs extra you do get a lot of other things:
Nea looks
Additional airbags and coverage to 3 Rd row
Powered tailgate
Better ICE
3 Point seatbelt
Safety rating and lots more.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 02:03   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbaman View Post
In my opinion, Scorpio N makes a strong case against the Harrier/Safari duo as far as value for money is concerned. But Mahindra’s huge waiting periods are just not acceptable.
Agree to this to some extent but for those who are looking for a 7-seater where even adults can occupy the 3rd row, I am afraid the Scorpio N falls short. The Safari in fact has the best 3rd row after the Innova.

Even among the Safari variants, I find the Pure (O) or Pure + to be of tremendous value and trumps the AX5 too IMHO.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd October 2023 at 05:06. Reason: Typo
akannath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Agree to this to some extent but for those who are looking for a 7-seater where even adults can occupy the 3rd row, I am afraid the Scorpio N falls short.
But against Harrier, Scorpio-N feels way more value for money with its strong fundaments. Higher Power/torque figures, 5-Star Rating, true blue SUV with Body frame construction and 4x4.
itsbaman is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 21:24   #132
BHPian

While the concept of value for money is undoubtedly crucial for many Indian car buyers, it's important to recognise that consumer behaviour in the car market is influenced by a lot of other factors as well, and VFM isn't always the sole determinant.

I, for myself, have never had any good customer support from Tata and have faced a lot of issues. Still I'm going for the Safari because I want to experience it firsthand, and God forbid, I won't suffer as much as I did with the Nexon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What's the extra kit on Safari Vs Harrier that demands an extra 1L ? That's apart from the 2 additional seats
Practical third row for adults, Rear AC vents and charging slots, BOSS mode, Ventilated 2nd row seats for the top end version. That's pretty much it I guess.

Last edited by hAwX : 22nd October 2023 at 21:35. Reason: added quote
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 23:43   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Let's us ask the same question for Jeep Meridian vs Jeep Compass. Meridian overland 4X4 AT has an ex-showroom price of almost Rs 7 lakhs more than the Compass model S(O) 4X4 AT, and Compass is easily overpriced by 2-3 lakhs.
Considering above, I don't there is anything wrong in asking for 1 Lakh more for safari as compared to the Harrier.
axe_deo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 07:33   #134

Having owned Tata Safari Storme previously, I must add that Tata is moving towards Looks / Features / More Consumer Trends as opposed to Performance. Safari Storme felt like a SUV and performed like one.

At this price point, they should have given a AWD version. Safari Storme had 4x4 version at price point of 14 Lakhs !
Old 23rd October 2023, 08:09   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigs View Post
Having owned Tata Safari Storme previously, I must add that Tata is moving towards Looks / Features / More Consumer Trends as opposed to Performance. Safari Storme felt like a SUV and performed like one.

At this price point, they should have given a AWD version. Safari Storme had 4x4 version at price point of 14 Lakhs !
Tata seems to have a paradigm shift in its approach to the market. Safari is a good performer based on my almost 6 months of ownership.

Storme and current generation Safari are distant cousins and only share similarity in terms of the Name and brand. Also quality issues for some.

With my kind of usage I don’t find a use case for an AWD, though it would be nice to have. Even you stated ‘Consumer Trends’. Considering there are many like me, 4x4 demand seems to be low and guess Tata doesn’t wish to explore thar domain for now. It’s a niche market for which R&D effort may seem unviable to the company.

Read somewhere on this forum that the next 4x4 from Tata would be an electric one. It might be wishful thinking but I hope it comes through, would be awesome to see that kind of torque mated to an All Wheel Drive.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks