Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2024, 17:44   #916

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Does safari has xpress cooling feature?
It has an icon in dashboard but it doesn't work.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240917_173740.jpg  

Appu1345 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 17:58   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer6202 View Post
My mother got the foot board and rain visors installed from showroom despite my objections and I ended up liking the final look. Foot board is very useful for elderlies, has a good finish.
Rain visors will block your side visibility.
Because A pillar is wide and on top of that rain visor is there, it covers till the mirror. So most of visibility is gone.
I had it installed and i removed within a month.
Its very difficult to drive in hill stations.
Old 17th September 2024, 20:58   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu1345 View Post
Rain visors will block your side visibility.
Because A pillar is wide and on top of that rain visor is there, it covers till the mirror. So most of visibility is gone.
I had it installed and i removed within a month.
Its very difficult to drive in hill stations.
I am not very tall and so far I have not had such visibility issue with rain visors. A pillar definitely blocks vision at times. I have to bend to see around corners and traffic.
Old 17th September 2024, 21:02   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post
Does ADAS work as expected? Has it ever braked without you wanting it to? Or shown collision alerts when it shouldn't have? Or vice versa, not showing collision alerts when it is supposed to?

The radar cannot detect objects at a distance less than 25 cm (or so it says in the manual).

Now I'm pretty sure the plates will fall within that margin, but if it will always be a point of concern or nagging to you, simply ask them to order a new set of plates and replace it. (Hopefully they didn't just bolt it and used rivets properly as intended).
ADAS has helped me twice avoid collision. Once during rain a biker came suddenly in front without lights (It was dark). Another instance involved a running cow crossing road. At both instances brakes were applied promptly and avoided sureshot collision. It also pops up when vehicles come too close.

Last edited by freelancer6202 : 17th September 2024 at 21:05.
freelancer6202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 12:47   #920

Has anybody tried using the third-party PDI service from CarVaidya, PDI Boss, Zekardo, etc.? What is the feedback, as I am planning to go for a third-party PDI?

Any recommendations from the group would be greatly appreciated.
Old 19th September 2024, 14:21   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh.S View Post
Given what I’ve read, I am seriously thinking about canceling my booking altogether to avoid losing my peace of mind. I really appreciate all the honest feedback and insights shared here—it’s been incredibly helpful in managing expectations. Any additional advice on how to handle these issues would be greatly appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Folks, can someone help me with a list of problem faced with safari facelift and resolutions offered ? Is it wise to replace a Seltos IVT with a safari AT and overall ownership experience?
I am going to give an opinion contrary to what most folks have experienced here but here goes. I got my Safari Accomplished + DT in April. In less than 5 months, I have driven 11k+ kms already and believe it or not, I have not had a niggle till date. The car has performed flawlessly in the mountains and in the plains across the 11 states that I have taken her to so far.

The car is an absolute joy to drive and is a superb mile muncher, the AT is tuned very well and I have never felt the need to use the pedal shifters. In the mountains, I usually engage Sport mode and that livens up the response considerably.

So far, even the service experience has been great, I've had 2 free services done at 2k and 7.5k. Both of these have been in different cities (Dehradun and Bangalore) and no complaints with the service experience as well.

So I would wholeheartedly recommend the car to anyone!
abhii176 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 19:39   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
Hii guys
Does anyone know what the tennis ball sign means on the instrument cluster?
It's appeared only twice since delivery. Once on the expressway - it kept disappearing and reappearing, once yesterday when I was parking.
Hi guys, could anyone figure out what’s the tennis ball sign? It appeared in my car today and then disappeared. Also, the lane departure warning sign that’s at the bottom left corner in your car, appears on the top of the display in mine. Picture attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_1586.jpeg  

Familyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 23:54   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu1345 View Post
Does safari has xpress cooling feature?
It has an icon in dashboard but it doesn't work.
Thank you. Didn't even know such a button existed. Not sure how your pic has it glowing in white. The button has been shrouded in secrecy till this remarkable post I found on tbhp

I did not see a mention of this in the owners manual too. Probably they will figure out later what to do with it.

For now this only adds to the list of useless buttons on Safari, along with LKA on the steering.
Old 20th September 2024, 00:00   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Hi guys, could anyone figure out what’s the tennis ball sign? It appeared in my car today and then disappeared. Also, the lane departure warning sign that’s at the bottom left corner in your car, appears on the top of the display in mine. Picture attached for reference.
Next time try to observe street signs while driving when this might appear. Does it show the posted speed limit here too? If yes, then this is due to the Traffic Sign Recognition. AFAIK, this sign means to disregard the previous warning/caution sign or speed limit and continue driving normally. Next time you see a circular traffic sign with a line across it, see if it appears on the car as well.
Old 20th September 2024, 10:12   #925
BHPian

Quote:
The tennis ball is the DRL On indicator. You can switch off the DRL in the infotainment menu or rapidly switch the light stalk to AUTO <-> OFF 3 times.
blogslogger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 10:23   #926
BHPian

Quote:
if you are referring to the red encircled symbol at the bottom of the screen, it is most likely an alert that the parking brake is on. But once you start driving, it will go away.

I like the way you have setup your dials. What caught my attention is the Real time FE shows 20kmpl - that is mind boggling.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 10:49   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
if you are referring to the red encircled symbol at the bottom of the screen, it is most likely an alert that the parking brake is on. But once you start driving, it will go away.

I like the way you have setup your dials. What caught my attention is the Real time FE shows 20kmpl - that is mind boggling.
Actually I was referring to the symbol in OP's post that I had quoted. As Blogslogger mentioned, its apparently the DRL On indicator. Will check today.

Regarding the dials, i think the theme for Dark Edition which I have is different hence my dials and even the infotainment interface is different.
Familyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 17:06   #928
BHPian

Quote:

I think that is the Instant FE. Which is at 0. 20 Kmpl is the max that the gauge can go. The bar fills up in yellow with the Instant FE while driving.
blogslogger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 22:26   #929

Quote:
Thank you. Didn't even know such a button existed. Not sure how your pic has it glowing in white. The button has been shrouded in secrecy till this remarkable post I found on tbhp

I did not see a mention of this in the owners manual too. Probably they will figure out later what to do with it.

For now this only adds to the list of useless buttons on Safari, along with LKA on the steering.
The dashboard is of TATA Curve. I used it to show the button. Because in Safari and Harrier we can't see properly and it doesn't light up. In curvv and some other models xpress cooling feature is available. So I was just curious to know whether safari has.

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th September 2024 at 23:12. Reason: Minor typo edits
Old 21st September 2024, 00:07   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Just to clear out the confusion everyone is having about the sign, it's not the DRL indicator or anything. It means the camera has failed to read the speed limit sign on the road. I face it on the expressway travelling at abnormally high speeds when the camera failed to detect the speed limit. It has never happened again after my post.

Just for reference the Autobahn in Germany has the same sign to signify that there is no speed limit ahead!!

I have checked this through the user manual.

Also your lane keep symbol is on the top because you have the single dial view enabled. I have the dual dual view enabled. So the placement of the symbols do change along with it.

Last edited by Sphere : 21st September 2024 at 00:12. Reason: Add points
Sphere is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed