Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2024, 09:11   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
They do but in Maharashtra the rules for getting BH registration are plain weird! Very difficult to get one.
I see many BH registered cars in Pune. Maybe purchased out of state and being driven here
Old 14th August 2024, 09:14   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
My budget is limited to ₹23-₹24 lakh ex-showroom and I cannot go above this limit. Adventure+A and Accomplished manual are coming within this range. Accomplished variant does not get ADAS but gets ventilated seats which would be good for leather seats.
Passive ADAS features like rear collision warnings, door open warning, forward collision warning and blind spot monitor would be handy in day to day driving especially with manual and longer vehicle like Safari.
My current car does not have any ADAS features and is same length as Safari. I have got accustomed to the car length and feel comfortable to drive just using ORVM+IRVM for driving, so I may not miss lot on ADAS if I go with Accomplished variant.

I have driven Harrier manual and the engine felt responsive in Sports and City mode.
Can someone who has driven or owned Safari manual help with below questions I have due to extended length and additional weight
  1. How responsive is Safari manual transmission?
  2. Can I push the car up to 20 kmph in 1st gear in bumper-to-bumper traffic to avoid changing gears between 1st and 2nd?
  3. How comfortable are leather seats on Adventure+ variants without ventilated seats?
  4. Do leather seats result in excessive sweaty back in humid and hot weather?
Try the Harrier. It may be able to fit in your budget with ADAS.
Old 14th August 2024, 10:27   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I see many BH registered cars in Pune. Maybe purchased out of state and being driven here
Most of them would be 22BH or 23BH registered. Since the conditions were made stricter recently, you will hardly see any 24BH cars.
Old 14th August 2024, 18:19   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Have got quotes from two dealers in Mumbai - Trident and Puneet. Puneet has the vehicle readily available and Trident will place an order but as per him the Pune plant has stocks available and will get me the car in the next 10 days. I’m leaning towards Trident because of a better quote. Any feedback/reviews on these guys?
Booked the ACC+ DK Edition today! Hoping to get the delivery in the next 10 days. Hope I get a niggle free vehicle. Hopefully some of the niggles faced in the first batch of the facelift have been fixed. Just hoping!
Familyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 20:33   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the ACC+ DK Edition today! Hoping to get the delivery in the next 10 days.
Congratulations mate. It is a wonderful car. Wishing you thousands of Happy Miles.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 15:02   #816
BHPian

Team, i am facing a unique issues with my new Tata Safari.

1) Android Auto worked well connected from the phone for first few days, then it stopped connecting.

2) Also, the hotspot powered Wifi is also getting disconnected on the Infotainment as soon as I try and turn Android Auto on.

3) Furthermore, the Hotspot in the infotainment system is turned on by default and i have to toggle it to off and then turn on Wifi. It appears either Hotspot or Wifi option are always turned on. And Default always switches back to Hotspot.

I tried Force Restart, but it did not work. I have not tried to reset the system, which i might. But this looked strange behaviour.
Old 16th August 2024, 15:45   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedAvNi View Post
I’m running on 5 weeks waiting with no delivery timeline in sight.
Finally some light at the end of the tunnel, Chassis number is allotted and 8’m now awaiting dispatch/delivery timelines. This, after 7weeks, feels like a celebration for me
VedAvNi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 16:55   #818
BHPian

Has anyone tried changing the R19's on their Safari from the stock Wanderers? If yes, which ones?
Old 16th August 2024, 20:44   #819
BHPian

New owners in the month of August / people who have booked and got the VIN Number, what is the manufacturing date of your car?

My VIN decodes to a July 24 build, and I was initially happy. The dealer then sent me a screenshot which showed the internal manufacturing date to be 01/07/24. I have planned for delivery on 23rd of August. However, there seem to be people who have booked the vehicle in August and are getting cars manufactured in August while I am getting an almost 2 month old car.

For context, I booked it on 8th August and the vehicle was supposed to be in transit and has reached the stockyard today. I am left wondering whether Tata actually stores high demand models for an entire month before dispatching, or whether the dealer is trying to game me by some elaborate scheme where he makes me believe the car is in transit while all the while it actually was in the yard.

There is nothing wrong with the attitude of the dealer (Had to push to get the VIN though) but Tata being Tata and the fundamental nature of a car dealer, I'm a little paranoid and now I'm left wondering whether I'm trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Nevertheless, have a PDI scheduled for tomorrow and plan to check whatever I can with the T-BHP checklist. (If someone from Zekardo is reading this, please bring your services to Chennai soon)
Old 16th August 2024, 21:22   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post
Nevertheless, have a PDI scheduled for tomorrow and plan to check whateve r I can with the T-BHP checklist. (If someone from Zekardo is reading this, please bring your services to Chennai soon)
I had Carvaidya surveyor doing the PDI for me in Hyderabad for my safari recently, and they did a very good job.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 10:36   #821
BHPian

Haridwar to gurgaon weekend trip. Relaxed 19kmpl.
80-100km/h usual speed, full family load, with loads of traffic in delhi and meerut. With low traffic I think 21-22 is possible on longish trip.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_20240816_190019.jpg  

Last edited by Alka panwar : 17th August 2024 at 10:39.
Alka panwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 15:21   #822
BHPian

The PDI went well. Didn't find anything glaringly obvious. Did it by myself and with a friend. Overall, satisfied with the vehicle I've got.

Unfortunately CarVaidya wasn't available for the timeslot and Zekardo isn't available in Chennai.

However, I did have 1 issue, where pressing the key on the fob for opening the boot doesn't actually work (The boot doesn't open). The dealer stated that the key was dummy and since it's the same key for all Tata models, this works for the lower models (read Punch, Nexon) and for the Safari, it's only Gesture controlled. This doesn't make sense to me.

Can owners comment on this please?
Old 17th August 2024, 20:04   #823
BHPian

Quote:
The PDI went well. Didn't find anything glaringly obvious. Did it by myself and with a friend. Overall, satisfied with the vehicle I've got.

Unfortunately CarVaidya wasn't available for the timeslot and Zekardo isn't available in Chennai.

However, I did have 1 issue, where pressing the key on the fob for opening the boot doesn't actually work (The boot doesn't open). The dealer stated that the key was dummy and since it's the same key for all Tata models, this works for the lower models (read Punch, Nexon) and for the Safari, it's only Gesture controlled. This doesn't make sense to me.

No. The boot certainly opens with the key.

Did it make any beeps, and then refused to open? If that is the case, the common reason could be that another car is parked behind your's in close vicinity. The boot sensors, that way, are a bit sensitive, and refuse to open if they sense any obstacles, while you wonder what's the deal.

How can there be one key for all Tata models? These are the guys who sully the brand adding to the efforts TAMO is already putting into sullying itself. Further, is the key is a dummy, then the car wouldnt have unlocked itself.
Old 17th August 2024, 20:14   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka panwar View Post
Haridwar to gurgaon weekend trip. Relaxed 19kmpl.
80-100km/h usual speed, full family load, with loads of traffic in delhi and meerut. With low traffic I think 21-22 is possible on longish trip.
That is incredible. Diesel? Can you share a screenshot of your driving stats/pattern from the IRA app? I was able to get 14.5kmpl for the last few months but recently, I have been getting only 11-12kmpl. I am not sure how reliable that measurement is but still would like to see a higher number. My driving pattern is the same as before.
Old 17th August 2024, 22:13   #825
BHPian

Quote:
However, I did have 1 issue, where pressing the key on the fob for opening the boot doesn't actually work (The boot doesn't open).
I also did face this around 2-3 times, and thought it was a once in a while software glitch. Ignored it because the boot open with key & gesture worked everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Did it make any beeps, and then refused to open? If that is the case, the common reason could be that another car is parked behind your's in close vicinity. The boot sensors, that way, are a bit sensitive, and refuse to open if they sense any obstacles, while you wonder what's the deal.
Thanks for the information, everytime the same happened with me, I was in a mall, restaurant parking with well over 50 cars around. Now I know why it didn't open.

But I had to manually open it, it didn't work even with the button on the boot. And it didn't even close when I pressed the close button. Is that also a part of the sensor coding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer6202 View Post
That is incredible. Diesel? Can you share a screenshot of your driving stats/pattern from the IRA app? I was able to get 14.5kmpl for the last few months but recently, I have been getting only 11-12kmpl.
Yes, please share a screenshot. I get around 8-9 kmpl in the city with a little heavy foot, and 11-12 on the highway, with the same driving style. The very first highway trip the app showed 17 kmpl, but after that, it's always between 11-13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks