Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2024, 18:15   #751
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post

https://Youtu.be/wTyadqJMTUM?feature=shared

As soon as I manually locked the door from inside, the door closed in the first try.
My second service is due and I will get this checked and replaced.
This looks like a door alignment issue and will not take long to solve in service centre.
satyamkolhe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 18:23   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I hope the lock stays locked once you manually lock from inside and does not result in any safety concern for people travelling in the 2nd row.

Will wait for more details from you on the work done by service center to fix this issue
The door locks through the touch panel and the keys. There is no risk to the second row passengers as the door is locked firmly. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken it so lightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariLove View Post
SA mentioned that he did some alignment to the door and post that never faced the issue again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkolhe View Post
This looks like a door alignment issue and will not take long to solve in service centre.
Thank you guys, this gives me hope that this is not a major issue and I will not have to waste my time visiting the service center multiple times. I am a happy customer and would like to be one.
Sphere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 13:27   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
My father works in the automotive paints industry since the last 25 years and according to him it is extremely pointless to get a PPF done. In the price of full body PPF you can get your car repainted twice.

You should go with the white as scratches are less visible, and its the easiest to match if you want to repaint it in the future. PPF only protects from small scratches and is pointless if you end up having a major one, IT WILL DAMAGE THE PAINT.

The most common place of scratches is the bumper and fenders, and repainting them costs around 6-7k if you do it at a third party paint shop or detailer (they do a better job than ASS) and around 12-15k at an ASS.

In the case of PPF, detailers charge for the removal of the damages one, charge for the new PPF, charge for the application and labour separately. Costs equal or more than repainting, and you still need to repaint the car if it is a major scratch.

Whether you go with white or blue, don't spend 1L on a PPF, get the car repainted after 4 years for 35-40% of the cost. It will look brand new

Sir replies like yours are the reason why this forum is so fantastic !
Thank you !

Any thoughts on ceramic?
Unhurried is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 14:10   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhurried View Post

Any thoughts on ceramic?
Ceramic coating is considerably a better option to PPF. But I still suggest don't go for it. The number of scams is higher in ceramic coatings compared to PPf's.

Dealers will charge 60-70k for a ceramic coating which can be done outside for 20-30k. But again, third party detailers scam. I was talking to a detailer and he mentioned that instead of the required 3 coats, he applies only 1 coat. It provides the same gloss and hydrophobic levels, but reduces the life from 2.5-3 years to literally 7-8 months. And if the client comes back saying the gloss has died, he would do another coat for free. So technically he charges for 3 coats + labour and provides only 1 (or 2 if the customer actually comes back, because most don't). And it's not just him but many other detailers use similar tactics to cheat customers. This does not work in PPF because it is a film visible to the eyes. Ceramic is a coating and no one can figure out how many coats have been applied.

Yes, ceramic coating does provide hydrophobic properties and a high gloss. It prevents hard water marks/stains. But gloss can be restored by polishing your car with a good quality polish yourself or at a detailer for less than 4k. And water marks can be removed with a hardwater stain remover every 6 months. The bottle lasts for 4-5 uses and hardly costs 500. That's it. A simpler and cheaper solution to ceramic coating.

I don't recommend any of these paint protection films/coatings. Just keep the factory finish and maintain it well. If you drive well and don't end up having major scratches, a simple rubbing-polishing session every 3-4 years can bring back the paint quality to new.
Sphere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 15:48   #755

Anyone facing these issues in front LED DRL and tail lights ?moisture is getting inside and after sometime it disappears.
I asked showroom guy,he said its because of heavy rainfall in my region.
If anyone knows please tell me.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240718_155537.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240718_155540.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240718_155542.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240718_155545.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240718_155623.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240718_155637.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2024, 19:14   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu1345 View Post
Anyone facing these issues in front LED DRL and tail lights ?moisture is getting inside and after sometime it disappears.
In this case not only in rainy situations, if you go for a cash wash with pressure guns you might see this issue.
Go for a warranty replacement immediately.
Many of them had these concerns and got it rectified with warranty replacements.
The water is not supposed to go inside the DRLs in front or back.
Who knows if it wreaks havoc with short-circuiting.
safariLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 12:06   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka panwar View Post
2000 km done, going for first service this Saturday.
Front left socker/damper is kaput, I think it is right from the start, noticed it later only because new vehicle was being driven with utmost care over speed bumps etc.
New strange shuddering noise started just yesterday from Front left side ( probably fl tyre) , only while deceleration without use of brakes.
Coasting without accelerator input causes this very noticeable mechanical shudder loud enough to be heard over music inside cabin. I hope it's just the wheel bearing not the gearbox.
Let's see
Mechanical noise while deceleration has been resolved in first service, a cricket ball sized stone was lodged between gearbox case and chassis.
Front shocker issue is still there, by removing the stone, dealership said that it will go away as most probably stone was responsible. It is still not resolved. Will have to visit dealer again soon.
Alka panwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 23:51   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka panwar View Post
New strange shuddering noise started just yesterday from Front left side ( probably fl tyre) , only while deceleration without use of brakes.
Coasting without accelerator input causes this very noticeable mechanical shudder loud enough to be heard over music inside cabin.
I too have been feeling a very light humming vibration from the front left side of the bonnet. This for me has started after the car came back from the first service. This humming vibration comes when the car is given a slight throttle input. It also comes in if I throttle while the car is stationary so its not coming from the wheels. Due to my OCD, I have checked many things to rule them out like disassembling the front wipers, vacuuming the front speakers, emptying the storage pockets. This is a very light hum but since I notice it, its become hard to ignore for me. The RPM where it happens is around 1200 or if the RPM is coming down from 1700. I dont hear the vibration in between. Actually the vibration level is so low that I have to ask my wife to notice it and she also isnt able to pick it up every time.

I feel there are a couple of reasons why this might be happening in my case:
1. The service guy has probably left some screw/cover un-tightened while refilling/checking the fluids during the first service.
2. Something like a stone has been trapped somewhere in the engine compartment.

If anyone has any inputs on why this might be happening that would be very helpful. I will be going for a full cleaning of the car this Friday and hoping if something is stuck, the cleaning should clear that up. I dont want to visit the service center so soon again. This slight issue is spoiling my otherwise near perfect experience with my car.
Old 25th July 2024, 13:01   #759
BHPian

Quote:
This is such an old issue with cars, or rather, an issue noticed in budget segment cars that were manufactured more than a decade ago. I used to get this in my 2010 Santro after we spent two years with it. But never faced it in my dad's i20 (06 years old) or my Elantra (larger headlamp and tail lamp panels - that is 10 years old) ever.

Tata must fix their QC for both vendor parts and production lines, and in turn their vendors should tighten their own QC before they ship parts out. But I sincerely hope, customers who are further downstream, don't tighten their QC, and end up rejecting Tata cars.
Old 25th July 2024, 14:14   #760
BHPian

Quote:
The advisor is correct. There's no need to get it changed. 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-screenshot_20240725141139235_com.google.android.apps.docs2.jpg

This is from Hyundai's new Verna manual. The same was mentioned in my Fluidic Verna's manual as well.
shikh_oberoi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 21:40   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
Just got told by my service advisor that the software version 15.07 which was released in May 2024 is being rolled back. They are not aware of the reason for this rollback but I heard on some forums that it was due to some glitches related to front collision warning system.

I was due for a software update in my first service but only getting 14.18 for now. Hopefully this will reduce the number of Android Auto disconnects from my previous 14.12 version
I had the first service of my Safari AT this Saturday, and got the 15.07 update. I was out of town for the next couple of days and on Wednesday morning, when I tried to start the car, all the electronics (the cluster, infotainment etc.) rapidly toggled on/off/on/off. After a while, only the infotainment screen would start, but the car wouldn't crank. After a few minutes, everything was completely dead.

Called the RSA. They came in a couple of hours, confirmed that the battery was drained and started the car with another battery. We kept the car running for an hour. In the evening, I took it for a drive and things seemed to be OK. Today morning, I took it to the service centre and they too confirmed that a few other cars had also developed similar battery drain issue after the software update. They rolled back to older 14.18 version and gave back the car by evening.

Everything seems to be OK now. But it'd need a few days of disuse to really know if the issue is resolved.
Old 28th July 2024, 00:04   #762

I booked a Galactic Sapphire Accomplished+ on 6th of July and there’s no update from the dealer on the delivery. Is anyone else facing a similar issue with delays and do you have any suggestions on how to tackle this.
Old 28th July 2024, 06:34   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syamcr View Post
I had the first service of my Safari AT this Saturday, and got the 15.07 update. I was out of town for the next couple of days and on Wednesday morning, when I tried to start the car, all the electronics (the cluster, infotainment etc.) rapidly toggled on/off/on/off. After a while, only the infotainment screen would start, but the car wouldn't crank. After a few minutes, everything was completely dead.

Called the RSA. They came in a couple of hours, confirmed that the battery was drained and started the car with another battery. We kept the car running for an hour. In the evening, I took it for a drive and things seemed to be OK. Today morning, I took it to the service centre and they too confirmed that a few other cars had also developed similar battery drain issue after the software update. They rolled back to older 14.18 version and gave back the car by evening.

Everything seems to be OK now. But it'd need a few days of disuse to really know if the issue is resolved.
Yeah that should resolve the issue. 15.07 version had issues and it was being rolled back from Tata's side. I had heard at other forums that the issue was related to autonomous braking but there might have been other issues too like the one you faced. Hopefully you wont face anything mahor after this. Android Auto disconnects happen at certain places for me still but other than that the experience is positive. Fingers crossed
Old 28th July 2024, 06:49   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedAvNi View Post
I booked a Galactic Sapphire Accomplished+ on 6th of July and there’s no update from the dealer on the delivery. Is anyone else facing a similar issue with delays and do you have any suggestions on how to tackle this.
I was lucky to get a prompt sales team and got the car under 20 days at the yard before PDI. The chassis number was alloted at around the 7 day mark. What you can do is ask the sales person to share the status screenshot from the portal that is present at their end. I think they are able to track the latest location if the trailer/carrier is alloted for your car. Even if the trailer is not alloted you can ask for the chassis number and verify the model's make year and month from that to be sure that they are not allocating any old units.

This the portal screenshot which I received from my sales person after around 10 days of booking. You can ask for something similar:
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20240728wa0005.jpg

If they still dont have any response I think you should escalate this.

Last edited by SlowerthanMaps : 28th July 2024 at 06:50. Reason: Further comments added
SlowerthanMaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 11:46   #765

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post

If they still dont have any response I think you should escalate this.
The dealer is saying that the model itself is not ready with TATA. Escalated to the Tata TSM just yesterday, awaiting a response. I guess this month’s offer resulted in high demand. Hoping to get this sorted out soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks