Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2024, 12:14   #736
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

2000 km done, going for first service this Saturday.
Front left socker/damper is kaput, I think it is right from the start, noticed it later only because new vehicle was being driven with utmost care over speed bumps etc.
New strange shuddering noise started just yesterday from Front left side ( probably fl tyre) , only while deceleration without use of brakes.
Coasting without accelerator input causes this very noticeable mechanical shudder loud enough to be heard over music inside cabin. I hope it's just the wheel bearing not the gearbox.
Let's see
Alka panwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 12:25   #737

Booked the Tata Safari Accomplished+ AT in Gurgaon last week. Praying everyday that I don't end up with a lemon.

Test drove the Jeep Meridian, Skoda Kodiaq, Suzuki Invicto before settling down for the Safari. Will write separately on the test drive experience and how Tata was the most responsive along with Suzuki.

We are torn between the white and blue colours. I am personally inclined towards white, having owned a Fiat Linea in Tucsan Wine colour and knowing that dark colours are tough to manage, but the wife wants to go for the darker colour.

Help me with this please, does the blue colour require a PPF mandatorily?
If yes, can anyone share the PPF experience if done.

I am personally not much in favour of getting external work done on a factory fitted machine.
Unhurried is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 20:20   #738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka panwar View Post
Front left socker/damper is kaput, I think it is right from the start, noticed it later only because new vehicle was being driven with utmost care over speed bumps etc.
The same case happened with me as well and they sweetly took around ~3 weeks to get the replacement part under warranty after consistent follow-ups.

Once replaced please make sure the wheel alignment is done at TASS which should be of no cost since it is a warranty claim.

Also check the highway stability, as the TASS didn't do a good job of aligning and the vehicle was pulling to the right during highway runs.
safariLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 08:25   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
One more observation on part design - the rear spoiler collects water eg in rains or when you wash the car. You can observe this when driving after rain or after car wash. On each pothole or quick turn, water drips on rear glass from spoiler.
Service centre says it’s like this on all new safaris and washed their hands off in same water.
If anyone from Tata motors reads these threads, they will understand actual user issues than from their service folks.
In case anyone of us got this issue fixed, please share
I have a similar observation. If I open the boot lid completely up even 2-3 days after driving in rains, the water drips down the struts telling that it's getting collected somewhere in the lid door, which may not be a good thing from a rusting perspective.
Old 17th July 2024, 12:30   #740
BHPian

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
No one facing this on their facelift or pre facelift Safari? Happens on all windows and therefore looks like design issue than some isolated malfunction.Let me add that mine is pre fl 2023 Aug car but I had asked this question here as this thread is more active than the original one.
Well it was very prominent in my SX4, Ciaz, Kwid, Tiago as well as my official Scorpio. Have observed this on some VWs also. Design deficiency I would say which probably can not be addressed reliably within the existing price point.
Old 18th July 2024, 11:43   #741
BHPian

Just got told by my service advisor that the software version 15.07 which was released in May 2024 is being rolled back. They are not aware of the reason for this rollback but I heard on some forums that it was due to some glitches related to front collision warning system.

I was due for a software update in my first service but only getting 14.18 for now. Hopefully this will reduce the number of Android Auto disconnects from my previous 14.12 version
Old 18th July 2024, 12:29   #742
BHPian

Has anyone faced an issue with the locking-unlocking of 1 or more doors in the Safari?

My cars left rear door has been acting weird since day 1. I can't seem to find a clear pattern because I am mostly driving and hardly ever use the door but I have tried to figure it out. If the door is unlocked manually by the passenger, it does not open how much ever you try, it needs to be opened from outside. Sometimes it does not even open from outside and the only option is to use another door. Lock works fine when opened using the touch panel or after parking.

Sometimes the door just does not close, even after swinging it with force from outside (like in a G-Wagon ), it will always bounce back. Then I need to play with the lock, lock it, unlock it and try again.

I will bring this up with the service center during the next service, lets see what they say.
Old 18th July 2024, 12:53   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhurried View Post

Help me with this please, does the blue colour require a PPF mandatorily?
If yes, can anyone share the PPF experience if done.

I am personally not much in favour of getting external work done on a factory fitted machine.
My father works in the automotive paints industry since the last 25 years and according to him it is extremely pointless to get a PPF done. In the price of full body PPF you can get your car repainted twice.

You should go with the white as scratches are less visible, and its the easiest to match if you want to repaint it in the future. PPF only protects from small scratches and is pointless if you end up having a major one, IT WILL DAMAGE THE PAINT.

The most common place of scratches is the bumper and fenders, and repainting them costs around 6-7k if you do it at a third party paint shop or detailer (they do a better job than ASS) and around 12-15k at an ASS.

In the case of PPF, detailers charge for the removal of the damages one, charge for the new PPF, charge for the application and labour separately. Costs equal or more than repainting, and you still need to repaint the car if it is a major scratch.

Whether you go with white or blue, don't spend 1L on a PPF, get the car repainted after 4 years for 35-40% of the cost. It will look brand new
Sphere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 23:09   #744
BHPian

What is with the road tax remaining the same for both Tata and XUV, before and after the recent adjustments to their ex-showroom prices? At least that is what a TAMO SA told me.

Tata reduced ex showroom proces between 50k-140k, while XUV reduced it by upto 200k. But the road tax doesn't seem to have changed in Telangana. Is it the same pattern with other RTOs too? With a flat 17% road tax, the overall tax outlay should have reduced, but seems it appears to be "one-way sticky", and doesn't go down with any ex showroom room reductions offered by OEMs, but will certainly increase if they raise the prices.

Government is treating car buyers like a bunch of jokers.
Old 19th July 2024, 00:55   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post

Tata reduced ex showroom proces between 50k-140k, while XUV reduced it by upto 200k. But the road tax doesn't seem to have changed in Telangana. Is it the same pattern with other RTOs too? With a flat 17% road tax, the overall tax outlay should have reduced, but seems it appears to be "one-way sticky", and doesn't go down with any ex showroom room reductions offered by OEMs, but will certainly increase if they raise the prices.
This needs to be updated on the RTO/Vahan portal, in all probability it hasn’t been updated yet. Give it some days and it will get updated.
Rajjaiswal92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 10:17   #746
BHPian

Has anyone purchased a neck support/pillow on their Harrier/Safari? I need some recommendations since I got one hurriedly on the highway after a 10 hour long road trip and its the long style design rather than the wide style one. But the fit is not very good on my seat. I feel the pillow position is higher than desired for the height of seats.

The long style design which I bought
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240719_101423.jpg
Old 19th July 2024, 10:40   #747
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
My cars left rear door has been acting weird since day 1. I can't seem to find a clear pattern because I am mostly driving and hardly ever use the door but I have tried to figure it out. If the door is unlocked manually by the passenger, it does not open how much ever you try, it needs to be opened from outside. Sometimes it does not even open from outside and the only option is to use another door. Lock works fine when opened using the touch panel or after parking.
Have you checked to make sure childlock is not in "locked" position? Below is an image of child lock in Tata Altroz. Safari would have something similar.
Name:  Screenshot 20240719 103628.png
Views: 94
Size:  43.8 KB

If child lock is in unlocked position, then this could be an issue with door lock mechanism. Better get it checked and replaced under warranty.
kgt.v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 13:35   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
Has anyone purchased a neck support/pillow on their Harrier/Safari?
Yes, I have bought one from Amazon. It takes some time to get used to, and I had to completely change the seating position because of it. It is comfortable enough for long drives.
Link - https://amzn.in/d/0iA8BAGR

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20240719112924min.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Have you checked to make sure childlock is not in "locked" position?
If child lock is in unlocked position, then this could be an issue with door lock mechanism. Better get it checked and replaced under warranty.
The first thing I checked was the child lock, I forgot to mention it in the post. And it's not the child lock problem. Here is a video.

As soon as I manually locked the door from inside, the door closed in the first try.
My second service is due and I will get this checked and replaced.

Last edited by Sphere : 19th July 2024 at 13:40.
Sphere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 14:22   #749

Quote:
Has anyone faced an issue with the locking-unlocking of 1 or more doors in the Safari?
I faced a similar issue with the right-side passenger door where it wouldn't unlock at all and the door would move a few centimeters vertically. After trying multiple times to lock and unlock the remote it opened. It was a sporadic instance and was able to show it to the SA during my first service and SA mentioned that he did some alignment to the door and post that never faced the issue again.
safariLove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 15:16   #750
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Yes, I have bought one from Amazon. It takes some time to get used to, and I had to completely change the seating position because of it. It is comfortable enough for long drives.
Link - https://amzn.in/d/0iA8BAGR

Attachment 2629254
I have seen similar one in a colleague's car. I have tried couple of seating adjustments when I travel with him, but all of them end up with slight neck pain for me.
Have you set seat more inclined towards the back to get comfortable position with this?

The first thing I checked was the child lock, I forgot to mention it in the post. And it's not the child lock problem. Here is a video.

https://Youtu.be/wTyadqJMTUM?feature=shared

As soon as I manually locked the door from inside, the door closed in the first try.
My second service is due and I will get this checked and replaced.
This looks like a bad part used in the lock assembly and presents safety concern. I hope the lock stays locked once you manually lock from inside and does not result in any safety concern for people travelling in the 2nd row.

Will wait for more details from you on the work done by service center to fix this issue
kgt.v8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks