Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2024, 20:12   #706

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedAvNi View Post
Hello everyone,

Like many before me, I have finally decided to buy a Tata Safari in Galactic Sapphire color. Any suggestions on the dealer to go with in Brahmapur, Odisha?

And what accessories would be recommended.

Grateful for any advice!
Done with the booking now (Accomplished plus AT DT 7 seater). The long impatient wait begins!

Thoughts on extended warranty? Should we buy it along with the car or can we buy it later?

And did anyone go with the basic floor mats (not3d or 7d), if yes, how are they?
Old 4th July 2024, 21:22   #707
BHPian

Better to buy reputed mats like GFX or similar. Complimentary mats provided by dealers/manufacturer are usually basic and wear out soon, at least the driver side one. On expensive cars like safari, one time investment on high quality mats is essential.
Extended warranty is essential- you can buy it either at delivery or later within some days/first few weeks. If you are registered with Tata neu app with same mobile number, you will get some cash back there.
I find side steps also as essential if you have kids or elders. Tata official ones are good and pricey. Similar ones outside cost half but it’s up to your wish.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 21:29   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindthewheels View Post
Also i need advice on choosing the right cover for my car, it has to be water proof, all weather protection and of best quality! I don’t mind spending some money on the protection. So any suggestions are welcomed!
No suggestion here on cover. But in past covers of all my cars were kept unused in boot. It takes patience and time to use car cover. May be only when car is going to be unused for many days. Safari being safari is too huge for efforts to cover and uncover. I would suggest to go for tata official car cover cos that would be perfect fit for safari.
Old 5th July 2024, 09:14   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedAvNi View Post
Done with the booking now (Accomplished plus AT DT 7 seater). The long impatient wait begins!

Thoughts on extended warranty? Should we buy it along with the car or can we buy it later?

And did anyone go with the basic floor mats (not3d or 7d), if yes, how are they?
Welcome to the waiting club! I am awaiting delivery this Sunday and cant tell you how torturous the 3 weeks has been!

I think if you are going to go for service with the same dealer there's no harm in getting the extended warranty at the time of purchase itself.

I am going to have a look at the basic mats as well and would love to know what others have purchased in additional accessories.
SlowerthanMaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 00:49   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
Let me know what you do decide in the end. If it helps, I saw some travel vlogs and went for the Stardust Ash colour. My logic being that the car would look good even if its getting dirty on a road trip in a grey while a blue would require me to clean it up properly every day. But the Galactic Sapphire is a dashing colour as well and I dont think you can go wrong between these two.
My dad was very keen on Galactic Sapphire while my son was keen on Stardust Ash. I was keen to keep dad's wish, however thanks to a few owners who allowed us to come see their parked cars, where we saw both the colours and felt that the Grey will outlast the blue. Biggest plus was a much faster delivery timeline with grey.

Planning to put out a thread soon. Cheers!
Old 8th July 2024, 19:30   #711
BHPian

Guys - I'm getting well maintained 2021 Safary XTA + with a mileage of 13000 for around 15L. Car looks very good in picture. Service record is clean. Will check the car personally in few days. Is it a good deal in terms of price? Can existing owners suggest if there's anything I need to check specifically or what kind of niggles/issues I can expect?

Thanks
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 14:44   #712
BHPian

I recently got delivery of my Tata Safari Accomplished+ DT AT model in Stardust Ash colour. I will try to post some initial drive impressions in a few days as I am planning to have a short trip with the car this week.

The current software version in my infotainment screen is from Jan 2024. Does anyone know what improvements have been made in the recent software updates? Few things that I am hoping gets resolved soon in the software:
1. Whenever the lane departure warning is triggered, the driver side instrument cluster gets reset to that.
2. The decibel level difference between 3 and 4 units of sound is pretty significant to my liking.
3. Sometimes, wireless android auto gets disconnected randomly.

Also,I feel there is some play in the brake pedal on my Safari. Not sure if its present on other units as well, but having driven a 2021 Creta turbo petrol and a 2015 Dzire Zdi previously, I feel the play is significant in the Safari as compared to them. Do others also feel the same?
Old 9th July 2024, 15:36   #713

Quote:
Also,I feel there is some play in the brake pedal on my Safari. Not sure if its present on other units as well, but having driven a 2021 Creta turbo petrol and a 2015 Dzire Zdi previously, I feel the play is significant in the Safari as compared to them. Do others also feel the same?
Yes. I brought it up with the service advisor on my first service and he showed me an old Pre-facelift Harrier and it was also having a good amount of play.

Quote:
The current software version in my infotainment screen is from Jan 2024. Does anyone know what improvements have been made in the recent software updates? Few things that I am hoping gets resolved soon in the software:
1. Pre-dominantly your frequent disconnections will get reduced, but not 100%
2. Your actual mileage will get re-calibrated because the January version of s/w is clearly off by at least 10-15%
3. Your wireless charging might go for a toss (fingers crossed)
safariLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 15:56   #714
BHPian

Quote:
1. Whenever the lane departure warning is triggered, the driver side instrument cluster gets reset to that.
2. The decibel level difference between 3 and 4 units of sound is pretty significant to my liking.
3. Sometimes, wireless android auto gets disconnected randomly.
I can comment on #2 and #3. For context, I own 2023 Pre facelift XZA+.

#2 - Your are spot on. Even I have this irritation as the graduations on volume control are pretty wide - meaning the volume change is a bit too much when you go from 3 to 4 or from 4 to 5. Most owners would hear music at this volume only and rarely you would go higher than 6. They could have done the graduations a bit less steeper. If you can ditch Android Auto or CarPlay, and only connect on bluetooth, I believe you can have better control on music volume from the phone.

#3 - Android Auto has those kind of issues but this is discussed on forum elsewhere that sometime there is interference in the same frequency band due to jammers or any other similar equipment. I have noticed this only around specific spots in Pune where metro construction was going on. Check if this is happening at certain spots only.

Let me add one of my issues in same post and see if others are seeing this too.

Issue: After the car is washed and wiped by daily washing guy in parking, even on the next day if you roll down windows and and then roll up, you see the glass coming up all smudged with water making the view hazy and wet. Even the window sill lines get temp etched on glasses. I have seen other Safaris too with such lines on window glass. I have never seen this on any of my other cars and is surely reflecting lack of QA on such an expensive car. Makes me sad to see such thing on an otherwise wonderful car. Anyone has this issue on their pre FL or FL Safari?

Last edited by Rodie09 : 9th July 2024 at 15:59.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 06:32   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariLove View Post
Yes. I brought it up with the service advisor on my first service and he showed me an old Pre-facelift Harrier and it was also having a good amount of play.
Was the service team able to reduce the play in break pedal for you?
Old 10th July 2024, 06:37   #716
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...is-july-432098

Tata offering cash discounts of upto 75k on the facelift Harrier/Safari.

Looks like Tata is taking the cue from other manufacturers in offering discounts to boost some sales for them.
SlowerthanMaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 07:04   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...is-july-432098

Tata offering cash discounts of upto 75k on the facelift Harrier/Safari.

Looks like Tata is taking the cue from other manufacturers in offering discounts to boost some sales for them.
Effects of XUV700 price cut announcement
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 10:19   #718

Well, it’s been about 7-8 months of owing and driving Tata Safari Accomplished Plus, Automatic Transmission. So far, the experience has been great, and sometimes I feel that it is a little bit of luck for us or that people have actually exaggerated the issues that they have with their Tata cars. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to continue having the same feeling throughout my ownership experience with Tata Safari, but never have I felt that I made a wrong choice, picking Safari over XUV 700, Innova HyCross, Alcazar, Tiguan, Kodiaq, Tuscon, and several other cars I got to drive and test. My ODO meter has now clocked 16,000km in a short period, and I must say that the distance has been a combination of city, highway, day, evening, and midnight drives. [b]ve come from the Honda experience where sales service was not even a question, but here are my key takeaways from the ownership experience so far, and I will also add a few things that could get better:

Areas where I enjoyed owning and driving the Safari:

a. Suspension is smooth, and the overall ride quality is great. Have driven more than 800/900km in a single day without breaks and the car doesn't make you feel tired. I also like those prompts on "Driver alertness/attention," which comes from the system when you drive continuously without breaks.

b. The automatic transmission has been fine despite variations in speeds and terrain, and it generally does its job well.

c. The seats are very comfortable, and ventilation does help in extreme temperatures. We have a capital seat configuration, and all the passengers feel happy and not tired. We also have a dog who has accompanied us for 70%- 80% of the total ODO reading, and we think the car accommodates it well.

d. Boot space is perfect with the last rows folded. In fact, unloading from the car tells us that we were super loaded on all the trips. However, with the six-seater (all rows open) configuration, you cannot expect much space for luggage.

e. I like the stability of the car; this factor is a wow amongst all other ancillary stuff related to the technology that the car offers. I can tell you with experience that I feel very comfortable driving Safari at 100+ versus any other car in this segment. This could be due to many factors, which I don't understand, but sitting in Safari's driving seat, you feel that you are in better control. In fact, it gives you a feeling that you are in a steady state, and you can cruise with ease and still control your car if an unfortunate object or animal comes on the way. I have driven the car in MP, where a lot of cows and other animals cross the highway, and this is the area where I felt very happy driving safari, and I could easily accelerate and apply brakes where needed.

f. Air cooling, even at ~50 Degrees, was ok. However, I would expect the second-row passengers to get better comfort from the middle vents and not the ones on the side panel. The third-row passengers get better air from the vents they have.

g. Space and utility placeholders are good, and there are too many; sometimes, you can forget where you kept your stuff.

h. The dashboard technology is good, and it is supported by a great camera and software system. Besides a few glitches that I encountered before the software updates, it has been a smooth experience.

i. This is an unpopular opinion, but IRA is definitely a great support in the experience. I like reading the statistics, and the connectivity features are handy many times. I also like IRA's comfort when I have given my car for service or valet parking.

j. Again, this is a contrarian view. My experience with Tata Motors After Sales Service (Prathammalik and Jasper in Hyderabad, Metro Motors in Karnal) and Dealer for Purchase (Metro Motors) has been excellent. In fact, they are more responsive than many other brands. The Tata Motors customer support team has been responsive, too.

Areas where I expect some improvements:

a. ADAS is great, but I am annoyed by the frequent alerts. These alerts do not really help in Indian conditions.
b. My visibility on the pillar side is limited due to the design of the car.
c. Seat welcome and memory features can be improved.
d. OTA for software updates should be there; it is difficult to spare time and go for updates.

Areas where I am a little disappointed:

a. I don't know if I have many, but I feel that the 19-inch configuration sometimes bothers you on the smaller bumps. I am not sure if it has to do with air pressure at that time or in general.
b. The finishing of the final product could have been better. I have seen the JBL logos coming out from the speakers, and I also noted that the red lights on the door inside needed pasting when they came out.
prompt.ankitg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 13:05   #719

Quote:
Was the service team able to reduce the play in break pedal for you?
Nope.
Today had to visit the Service Center (while driving at high speeds, the SUV was tending to pull to the right. They did the wheel alignment, but until I drive them again on the highway I cannot confirm, it is still a gamble for me), and today also I asked the Technician (who does the test drive of the vehicles and confirms any problem) and he mentioned it is the same.
I think I have made peace with this issue.
Old 10th July 2024, 18:35   #720

Hey Bhpians,

Its been a long time since the safari facelift was launched, but they didn’t provide the lane keep assist yet. Yes there is lane departure warning but we also gave money for lane keep assist and its not out yet. The safari comes with ESW so its not a hardware problem and can easily be provided over a software update.

Will the promise be ever fulfilled?? What other owners think about this??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks