Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 18:26   #691

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

I think it's an alignment issue. Till now there are not many reported problems related to steering wheel in the new face-lift version. But yes, the best thing to do is to get the car checked with ASC, because if an actual problem is there, and it's an ESW, it might not be safe to drive.
Old 22nd June 2024, 08:54   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjpr View Post
Has someone else experienced this issue? I know people faced left pull in pre-facelift. But my issue is more like both side pull .
Yes, I did face this issue.
I took note of it and mentioned it in the first service and later found out that the front left suspension went kaput and had to be replaced in warranty. After that, the service center did the alignment, but I didn't trust them and got it done outside the service center. In the tire alignment center, I got the tire balanced and the wheel aligned. Since then it has been a bit okish but not fully fine because the alignment guy mentioned that the Caster is misaligned and the part needs replacement, but the Service Advisor thinks it can be repaired, yet to go to the service center for this.

I cannot put this kind of incident in isolation because my cousin who owns a Nexon had also faced the same issue and he went through the same alignment process outside the Service center.
safariLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 06:56   #693

Hello everyone,

Like many before me, I have finally decided to buy a Tata Safari in Galactic Sapphire color. Any suggestions on the dealer to go with in Brahmapur, Odisha?

And what accessories would be recommended.

Grateful for any advice!
VedAvNi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 15:54   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedAvNi View Post
And what accessories would be recommended.
I think the most practical accessories will be:
1. Mud flaps, bcz its not standard
2. Floor mats: Go with 3d ones as they are more easy to clean.
3. Rain visor: If you use AC all the time, then no need.

Apart from this I would also opt for door guards. Not a big fan of corner guards/ Bumper guards because if you anyway touch your car bumper to anything while driving, it will be damaged.

If vehicle height is a problem for you or any of the family member, then go for side step. For me personally, its not quite practical.

Lastly, you can add a rear bumper, because rear side is pretty much exposed and during city driving, you can expect rear collision warning getting activated from time to time

so in summary my personal choice will be:
3d floor mats
mud flaps
rear bumper
rain visor
door crash guards/ door protector
HRTK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 16:04   #695

People who have booked the Safari but are now waiting for delivery. How are you guys navigating this period?

Personally, I am very impatient and these days all that I think about is cars and their colours on road. My better half noticed this the other day when we were on our usual evening walk after work and I would be staring at all the cars in our society's basement parking, evaluating whether a certain colour looks better than a certain other colour and bugging her about this. I would also browse through EVERYTHING in terms of content related to my car on Youtube in my free time. I have watched drive, ownership, service experience, pros and cons, pdi etc all the different videos related to Safari on youtube (including the pre facelift version + Harrier). Now, I am close to running out of quality content to watch and my SA still says the car is "in transit". I booked the car around a week back and expecting to get the delivery in July 1st weekend (fingers crossed).

What are you guys doing during this time? How are you dealing with the excitement (and soon enough, boredom) of watching every single content related to your car online before the delivery and after booking? Any suggestions on stuff to read/watch would be much appreciated.
Old 24th June 2024, 18:58   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
People who have booked the Safari but are now waiting for delivery. How are you guys navigating this period?
I can completely related to the feeling and situation you are going through. I was in exactly the same spot and literally watched all the videos on YouTube about the Safari and Harrier posted in the last 2 years (I had quite a lot of time, exams were just over.)

Long story short is that I could have got the car earlier if I just didn't care about feelings and rather would have been practical.

Test drove and booked the car with dealer 1. Inquired with dealer 2 (on T-B hp suggestion) and he promised delivery in 1 week because he had the car in stock along with a discount (all on phone). Told this to dealer 1 and he promised the same (chose to trust him because he was a nice guy had been a great experience till date, also he was closer to my house). Then dealer 1 makes we wait for 2 weeks without informing. I get frustrated, book with dealer 2, do the PDI and take delivery all within 1 week. Surprising thing is I saw the showroom for the first time when I go to take delivery. After a month dealer 1 calls me saying he has stock available, and now I happily ignore him like he did 2 weeks ago.

During that period I couldn't sleep at night and get dreams about the car when I would .

Does anyone know about the Tata Motors One App. I am getting notifications from the IRA app about it, but I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2024 at 03:16. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos fixed.
Sphere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 21:17   #697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
During that period I couldn't sleep at night and get dreams about the car when I would
Exactly my state right now. I sometimes get nightmares that nobody likes the colour which I selected OR the car had a ton of issues after delivery, both of which I hope dont happen (fingers crossed).
Old 24th June 2024, 21:54   #698
BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend that this is the correct time to browse through the user manual shared with the car. Or better still, if you have a digital copy share with the forum here I personally would love to go through it!
Well I did, and that symbol means that the camera failed to detect the speed limit on the road, i.e speed limit detection error.
Glad it is not something major.

Quote:
Exactly my state right now. I sometimes get nightmares that nobody likes the colour which I selected OR the car had a ton of issues after delivery, both of which I hope dont happen (fingers crossed).
The number of glitches and issues have considerably reduced in the newer models. Mine is MYJan 24, and I have no issues till date, only some minor software glitches which can fixed with a forced restart.

I saw a safari with half of the rear connected lights not working and it was manufactured in Nov 23. I feel all these problems have been fixed with MY24 models as I have not faced any of it.
Please verify the manufacturing year of your car. Don't take one manufactured before May, preferably June.
Sphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 00:29   #699

Quote:
Please verify the manufacturing year of your car. Don't take one manufactured before May, preferably June.
Do you know how I can verify the manufacturing date?
Old 26th June 2024, 10:24   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know about the Tata Motors One App. I am getting notifications from the IRA app about it, but I don't seem to find it anywhere.
Does anyone have any update on this app?

Quote:
Do you know how I can verify the manufacturing date?
Link to the Team BHP PDI Checklist - https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

Please go through it thoroughly, you will understand how to decode the MY through the VIN (chassis) number. Also many other useful things to know before your PDI and delivery.

FYI - You will find the chassis number near the drivers side door.
Link -

Last edited by Sphere : 26th June 2024 at 10:27.
Sphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 00:14   #701

Quote:
The plan is all set to get one in white this diwali. Couple of reasons:

1. Festive offers as tata comes with such offers every year.
2. All the main issues from the previous batches are most likely to be filtered out. Not completely but yes, to some extent.
3. Its an auspicious occasion.

Now the delivery is planned on Dhanteras so the sales person advised to book one during August last week or september first week.

All this was discussed during May including all the test drives of Safari and vehicles of other segmant also which includes : Scorpio N and Xuv 700

The family gave a green flag for Safari. Did I mention that the entire family was present during TD of all the 3 vehicles mentioned before

I now have to wait till November and though being a patient person( thanks to years of training), I still sometimes tell the family members " Why wait till november, lets get one now" and they simply deny.

So I can completely relate with you on the waiting period.
HRTK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 22:47   #702

I’ve booked the Safari Accomplished DT AT in Galactic Sapphire and the vehicle is in transit as of now and I’ll be getting it within 10 days Max! Really Excited!

Need suggestions on the Accessories!
Should i go for the Floor mats from Tata or should i get it outside? If yes can you suggest good ones available to buy online?

Also i need advice on choosing the right cover for my car, it has to be water proof, all weather protection and of best quality! I don’t mind spending some money on the protection. So any suggestions are welcomed!

And the first thing am looking to change right after taking the delivery is the horn!
Suggest me some good Windtone horns like that of VW & Skoda ! I feel those are the ones best suited for this beast of a car!

To sum it up, i need suggestions on Floor mats, Car Cover and Wind Tone Horns.
Thanks in Advance. Cheers!
Behindthewheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 07:16   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindthewheels View Post
I’ve booked the Safari Accomplished DT AT in Galactic Sapphire and the vehicle is in transit as of now and I’ll be getting it within 10 days Max! Really Excited!

Need suggestions on the Accessories!
Should i go for the Floor mats from Tata or should i get it outside? If yes can you suggest good ones available to buy online?
Congratulations first of all on your booking!

Adding to the accessories question, I am also wondering whether to get the footstep installed in the car or not. It adds a bit of lower side protection in my opinion along with helping the elderly on the few occasions. But I have heard that footsteps end up reducing the ground clearance of cars. How true is that? Has anyone got the footstep installed from the TATA dealer itself?
SlowerthanMaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 09:22   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations first of all on your booking!

Adding to the accessories question, I am also wondering whether to get the footstep installed in the car or not. It adds a bit of lower side protection in my opinion along with helping the elderly on the few occasions. But I have heard that footsteps end up reducing the ground clearance of cars. How true is that? Has anyone got the footstep installed from the TATA dealer itself?
I am a pre-facelift July 2023 Safari owner and I'd assume the need of footboard applies (or doesn't apply) equally to the new model.

I did not go for it as I was wary of the ground clearance getting reduced and I saw in some reviews the footboard installed by dealers as official accessories had extended stubs that would likely scrape on bumps. Of course, they also looked ugly on the underside. So, I thought I'd go for it if absolutely needed for 3 seniors in my house - three 75+, one 70+.

It's been one year and I have not felt the need for it and I am happy. If your family is all young and fit, you don't need it. For rare occasions of moving some elderly around, you can do that with some support while getting in and out. Consider below points

1. Are there any elderly or other people who are having less than average fitness?
2. How frequently would such folks travel in the car?
3. Height of people is also important factor - less than average height folks may have problem.

For few days go without it and see if you really need.

By not going for it, I not only saved some 15-20K bucks, but also kept the look intact without having to attach this large accessory (needing drilling and fastening?).
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks