Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2024, 14:26   #481

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Price list shared by local dealer shows Rs40595/- as extended warranty price for all models of AT Safari. For manual versions it ranges from 32-35k
cncmachinist is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 16:53   #482
BHPian

Thanks for confirming. I checked with one more dealer here. Looks like for automatic variants it was 33K before recent facelift but now it’s 40595 as you also mentioned.

It’s like paying 40K upfront for something that will be in force after 3yrs. By that time, 40K grows in bank to 48-50K..means like saying 25K per year for 3rd and 4th year.

Does it seem worth ?
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 12:03   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post

Does it seem worth ?
Definitely for a Tata. There is a high probability of issues popping up in their vehicles
V0id2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 12:41   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Does it seem worth ?
This is up to you to decide. Buying ext. warranty is like buying insurance. We hope to never use it but we like the peace of mind factor that comes with it.

I bought it for my Safari (Accomplished+ 7s). Paid 40595/- for 2 yr extra warranty that will start once the initial 3 yr warranty period is over. At just 1.2% of the cost of car, going for it was a no-brainer for me.
Thinking_Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 13:42   #485
sln

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvec View Post
Hi 07CR,
Im taking a calculated risk by choosing tata by compromising on After sales service and reliability issue over safety. Lets see how it goes , i will keep posting here
This is exactly what I thought before buying Tata Safari, Look at my state now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=vhdZRURYMiE
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=6wVer3_fXFQ

My experience with buying Tata Safari car has been unbearably painful and of loss.
sln is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 08:37   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post
This is exactly what I thought before buying Tata Safari, Look at my state now.
Ouch. I empathize with you. An experience like this with a brand new car is heart breaking. We buy a car after careful thought, planning and budgeting. And if the purchase turns out like this, it is horrifying to say the least.

Interestingly enough, looks like selling duds is not Tata's forte alone. Search in TBHP threw numerous threads where an owner was not happy with his/her purchase decision. I'm compiling some bad experiences below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/doubti...s-no-fix-sight

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...da-kodiaq.html (My terrible experience with Jai Auto & Skoda Kodiaq)

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/engine...-old-mg-hector

Cars are complex machines and a few of them not performing as per expectations is a given. What matters is how swiftly and effectively the car maker handles the problems reported. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Have you tweeted your ordeal? If yes, please share the link. I'll retweet it in case it helps with visibility. Maybe other TBHPians can do it too. Good luck.
Thinking_Slow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 12:57   #487

Quote:

Does it seem worth it?
Consider it like an insurance premium for health, where earlier you get better, it is
Old 27th February 2024, 14:02   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking_Slow View Post
  • Feeling of brakes slipping when applied hard at a relatively high speed (~45KMPH) - Difficult to describe but this niggle bothers me the most. When the car comes across an unexpected pothole or speed bump, I naturally brake very hard to go over them as smoothly as possible. In some instances, a very annoying sound comes from under the front part of car as soon as brake is applied. The sound feels as if the brakes have slipped (not sure how else to describe it). It’s loud enough to startle the passengers. Has anyone else faced it?
Happy to report that this turned out to be a feature, and not a bug. This was AEB kicking-in when I was breaking too hard when an object was close ahead. The SA from ASS was able to demonstrate it consistently and that laid my doubts/fears to rest.

Have driven almost 3K KMs so far. This car keeps growing on me and I am liking it more and more. Some minor niggles aside, it is a solidly built performer, plus has enough class to keep both the driver and passengers happy and pampered. I drove some of the competition cars (Hycross, XUV700) again recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Given a choice again, I will still choose the new Safari over Hycross and XUV700.
Thinking_Slow is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 19:43   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking_Slow View Post
Happy to report that this turned out to be a feature, and not a bug. This was AEB kicking-in when I was breaking too hard when an object was close ahead.
Is this accompanied by a loud beep sound and some krrrr sound?

I face this often, not while braking, but at some specific places. One is when exiting my office premises, the exit route is narrow and it's either a camera lurking in the front or some sign protruding triggers this. This doesn't trigger if I drive very slow.

Second is in my parking, on an incline there is a speed breaker. Here also the sound comes sometimes, perhaps depending on the speed. Of course, this does not happen on every speed breaker, may be due to incline some calculation goes wrong.

At first it was scary, later annoying and now just getting used to ignoring it.
Old 27th February 2024, 19:54   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Is this accompanied by a loud beep sound and some krrrr sound?

I face this often, not while braking, but at some specific places. One is when exiting my office premises, the exit route is narrow and it's either a camera lurking in the front or some sign protruding triggers this. This doesn't trigger if I drive very slow.
My issue was always followed by hard braking. So, yours seems different. Next time it happens, notice if any warning is shown on MID. That might give a clue.
Old 27th February 2024, 22:37   #491
BHPian

After some delays from Tata Arya Gurgaon (sector 18), finally got delivery of my safari acc plus 7 seater today.

I must say that this is totally avoidable dealership. Delays due to lazy approach of sales people, wasting customers and their own time (eg temp number was not ready, neither fastag). Accessories deptt did not have side steps, neither sales-accessories people have proper communication or co-ordination. Cleaning guys somehow cleaned car with dirty clothes, while we Bhpians see in pain.
Even dirt marks on roof liner which were communicated in writing many days ago weren’t clean when we reached, had to remind them again.
We were so displeased that we said no to their cake cutting. We had carried some savoury for sales people as a good gesture but handed them over to customer care lady just cos we did not want to carry them back.

We also denied taking their basic accessories kit (foc) as they weren’t able to offer fair deal on side step, which we really wanted. Left those basic accessories kit for them only to enjoy their sale. Possibly their last sale to my organisation.

We are firm believer in almighty and there must be something good in all this, which we may realise later on.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 15:01   #492
BHPian

Hello Respected Bhpians,
Need some advice for my recently purchased Safari Accomplished Plus :

1. Can the deactivation of Autonomous Braking be done permanently from some higher settings , as this needs to be done on every restart. In city driving it is a bit more reactive despite being on medium sensitivity and does apply braking, catching me unawares sometimes.

2. The infotainment does not read the folders of my pendrive as intended and plays all the songs across all folders under the category Songs or Genre etc. It is not playing in the order as present on the folder. Is there any way around this?

On the whole, My Experiance has been pretty smooth with the vehicle. Did a 1000 km roadtrip and it performed much better than I ever imagined.

Thanks Friends
piyush78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 12:45   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hello Respected Bhpians,
Need some advice for my recently purchased Safari Accomplished Plus :

2. The infotainment does not read the folders of my pendrive as intended and plays all the songs across all folders under the category Songs or Genre etc. It is not playing in the order as present on the folder. Is there any way around this?
I think it must be taking in the alphabetically order of the entire pen drive. Check if the next song being played is the next as per A to Z or numerical sorting. If thats the case then you have to number it manually.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 14:08   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I think it must be taking in the alphabetically order of the entire pen drive. Check if the next song being played is the next as per A to Z or numerical sorting. If thats the case then you have to number it manually.
Hi, I have already tried numbering the tracks , but it plays songs according to the alphabets only without recognizing the numerical preceding the track name. Since it is not recognizing the folders per se , I switch to the option SONGS on the infotainment screen. Other options include GENRE, PLAYLIST, ALBUMS etc.
The flashdrive is FAT32 formatted.
I think the only option is to use android auto and stream music via Spotify.

Also, any way forward for deactivating the AEB permanently , rather than on every restart?

Thanks

Last edited by piyush78 : 29th February 2024 at 14:10. Reason: Added another Query
Old 29th February 2024, 15:58   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post

Also, any way forward for deactivating the AEB permanently , rather than on every restart?

Thanks
I would soon be needing this info myself, as my car is going to be delivered today.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks