Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2024, 19:45   #466
ike
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Hi both.

Are you not aware of the horrifying issues being reported on Nexon, Harrier and Safari right left and centre? Or are you both have a high risk appetite.
Every car is a compromise, there is no perfect car that is good at everything. People buy European cars for their driving pleasure despite the poor reliability & after sales service. People still buy Korean cars despite their poor safety ratings. So whatever floats his/her boat, who am I to judge.
ike is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 11:16   #467
BHPian

Hello everyone,
What is the fuel economy that your safari's are providing, and is it tank to tank method or MID.

My Safari is showing 8 kmpl on the MID since delivery and not changing even after resetting the trip meter thrice. Not even to 8.1 or 7.9.
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20240213131843.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20240213131850.jpg

Also is it just me or anyone has realised the indicator turns of even with a 5-6 degree turn in the steering. I'm not sure if it's the EPS or just a niggle. I've been coming from an hydraulic power steering and the EPS on the safari is my first hand experience. Any comment would be of great help.

I also just noticed that there is some colour on the brake discs. It's definitely not mud because I tried washing it and it still stayed. It's present on all 4 discs. I suspect it's rust, but how is that possible on a 2 week old car.

This is the first time I've noticed this, maybe it was there since delivery but not sure. The reason is the car has been used mostly at night due to which I probably missed it.

Will this affect the braking performance of the vehicle?

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20240217134250.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20240217134317.jpg

Any help would be grateful.

Regards,
Sphere

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th February 2024 at 15:34. Reason: Posts merged as requested
Sphere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 18:40   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
I also just noticed that there is some colour on the brake discs. It's definitely not mud because I tried washing it and it still stayed. It's present on all 4 discs. I suspect it's rust, but how is that possible on a 2 week old car.

This is the first time I've noticed this, maybe it was there since delivery but not sure. The reason is the car has been used mostly at night due to which I probably missed it.

Any help would be grateful.

Regards,
Sphere
Hey Rusting is pretty normal in a new car as the discs are made of cast iron. Mostly happens when it comes in contact with water. So you can stop washing the discs. It will wear when you drive.

The Fuel economy gauge seems funky. It cannot stay fixed. May be a glitch.

Hearing all these type of stories is giving me cold feet for my, soon to be, new purchase. Car has been allotted, will be getting it next week. Will have to do a thorough PDI given TATA.
TATA should really work on their QC part and stop making so many variants so soon before the niggles are fixed.
Old 17th February 2024, 20:04   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Hearing all these type of stories is giving me cold feet for my, soon to be, new purchase. Car has been allotted, will be getting it next week. Will have to do a thorough PDI given TATA.
TATA should really work on their QC part and stop making so many variants so soon before the niggles are fixed.
Luckily I have not faced major software or hardware issues in my car yet. And most of them can be solved with a forced restart or a factory reset. Just tell your dealer to keep the car updated before delivery. On the first day I got an electronic parking brake issue and the auto hold was not working, the electronic parking brake was showing engaged but the car was driving like normal, one factory reset and all the problems were solved.

To be honest, due to the high amount of technology in the newer cars, such glitches are frequent among quite a few brands too.

The issue I am currently facing is just the fuel economy on the trip meter, and poor radio reception, which many BHPians have complained about. That's it.

Hope you have a happy journey with your new purchase and don't regret it. I haven't.

Regards
Sphere
Sphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 23:18   #470
BHPian

Hi,

If any of you have the user manual in PDF format for the facelifted Safari, kindly share..
Old 19th February 2024, 10:47   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
The issue I am currently facing is just the fuel economy on the trip meter, and poor radio reception, which many BHPians have complained about. That's it.

Hope you have a happy journey with your new purchase and don't regret it. I haven't.

Regards
Sphere
Try resetting the trip meter, it worked for me. For me too it was struck at 8 Kmpl in both Trip A and B, i reset the trip and it worked for me. Radio I am still clueless, why such bad reception.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 11:52   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Hi,

If any of you have the user manual in PDF format for the facelifted Safari, kindly share..
Generally its available on their website, however not sure if its the facelifted one.

https://tmlcars.tatamotors.com/image...vi-27-8-21.pdf

Last edited by kochup : 19th February 2024 at 11:53.
kochup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 12:08   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Generally its available on their website, however not sure if its the facelifted one.

https://tmlcars.tatamotors.com/image...vi-27-8-21.pdf
Thanks! I should have mentioned that I looked here, and this is of the pre-facelift version. Thanks for your response!
pmbabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 20:38   #474
BHPian

Reporting an unfortunate minor accident with my new Safari. First and foremost, there are no injuries to anyone involved.

Car's front bumper took the hit when a Honda Hness 350CC bike collided head-on at about 25KMPH. My car was standing still.

Damages:
- The left rivet of the HSRP number plate broke
- Some clamp clips on the lower part of bumper joint came out. Not sure if they broke or just opened. I could not push them back inside myself.
- The radar plate hung loose. With a little push it snapped back into place. This is when I realized that the plate is just a façade to conceal the sensor behind it. Tested Adaptive cruise control right after the accident and it worked fine.
- The little plastic door, in the center of the chrome colored lower bumper, that conceals the tow hook (at least that is what I think it is) opened. It snaps back but not as neatly as I would like (maybe because it got a little bent due to the impact)

Thankfully, there is no metal damage/dent anywhere.

Damages
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240212_100030.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240212_100033.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240212_100036.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240212_102034.jpg

Due to the previous bad experience with Kropex Tata Singasandra, I was reluctant to go but went there anyways as they were closest from the accident spot. The body shop advisor took the car in and mentioned they will try to fix and if not fixable, will recommend to replace the bumper. He mentioned that only after completely removing the bumper, they can tell whether it is fixable or not. I mentioned that I am OK with whatever his recommendation is but asked him to send the car's front picture AFTER removing the bumper.

He never sent any picture. I went back in evening to check the progress and to my surprise was told that bumper was not removed and just from outside inspection they can tell that it needs to be replaced. The part to be replaced will be the entire front bumper assembly (shown in red outline below). Since it has a substantial metal part, it will need painting. Estimate is 25K (covered under insurance). It was heartbreaking to hear it about my 2 month old car but it is what it is.

Part to be replaced (as recommended by ASS)
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-front.jpg

I decided to only get the number plate fixed and took the car back. I am currently evaluating following options:
1) Try to get it fixed in a local body repair shop. Advantage is that I do not have to replace the bumper and risk color mismatch with rest of the body
2) But if not fixable, ask another ASS to order the part and get it replaced

Feedback/comments are welcome.
Thinking_Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 01:34   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Try resetting the trip meter, it worked for me. For me too it was struck at 8 Kmpl in both Trip A and B, i reset the trip and it worked for me. Radio I am still clueless, why such bad reception.
I already tried resetting the trip meter thrice before posting, but took the car on the highway for the first time yesterday and reset it again, finally the FE changed. 11.4 km/l and 9.8 km/l for 40 km (highway exclusive) and 120 km (highway+City) respectively.

It's been only 500 km on the odo and hope the FE improves over time.
Old 21st February 2024, 10:16   #476

Hello All,

Just a quick update after my 1st Free service.
It was done about a week ago with 1500+ on the ODO. Service Center was same as the original dealer - Prathammalik Auto's Tolichowki service center in HYD.
I went myself to drop the car as wanted to explain properly the issues I was facing. And the car was dropped back by the dealer's driver (on paid basis). (Sorry for being picky but coming from Hyundai where I used to get free pick-n-drop)

My major concern was the DTE on MID. Abrupt TPMS error (happened 3-4 times in 1.5 months). Radio reception. Rear A/C control from infotainment screen.

DTE on MID - They mentioned that Vehicle ECOS was updated so that would resolve it - I am yet to check it for full-proofness.
TPMS error - Same resolution as above
Radio - They said that many new facelift are having this issue so they have asked Tata to provide an answer. Still waiting.
Rear A/C control from infotainment screen - They updated the infotainment S/W and mentioned that it is fixed. now the S/W version shows Jan'2024.

Car was cleaned properly from inside out. But I not that big of a fan of polishing the dashboard and all TBH. There were no visible marks on the inside white upholstery (I still had the plastic over most of the seats though as I was waiting for 1st service to get over). DEF was topped up as it was 2/3 empty.

Ironically Fun Part - My initial review of the vehicle on Team-BHP was read by the service manager the same day , which mentioned some niggles so I got multiple calls from him and the regional service manager about the car and the niggles. I got up to date info about the service too. Before Delivering also they informed that DTE and Rear A/C was fixed, and Radio issue is not fixed - so nothing was kept hidden. Good start of a trusted relationship I would say

Overall a good experience. Vehicle is running as expected and hoping it will continue to do so

Cheers,
flameofforest is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 20:29   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking_Slow View Post
I am currently evaluating following options:
1) Try to get it fixed in a local body repair shop. Advantage is that I do not have to replace the bumper and risk color mismatch with rest of the body

Feedback/comments are welcome.
Sorry to heard about the untoward incident. But these things happen and there is only so much that we can do about it.

Would highly recommend that you rectify the issues at Tata ASS. Please do not venture into local repair shops at this early a stage of the ownership experience. Loss of NCB should, IMHO, not be a deterrent.

I know Tata ASS is not the best in town and they might goof up the repair job but you can hold them a lot more accountable than any other local shop.

Speaking from my own experience, I had recently gone to the Tata ASS in Mumbai (Puneet motors) for replacement of the rear connected DRL. They honestly did a fair job. Yes, things were not the best managed, however even in all the confusion they did manage to fix my issue.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 07:24   #478
BHPian

Hi Friends,
I would get delivery of safari acc plus AT next week. I am planning to take 2yr extended warranty. Dealer is quoting 40K whereas somewhere on tata website I saw it as 33K.
Can anyone who has taken EW recently confirm?
Old 24th February 2024, 12:11   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Reporting an unfortunate minor accident with my new Safari. First and foremost, there are no injuries to anyone involved.

Car's front bumper took the hit when a Honda Hness 350CC bike collided head-on at about 25KMPH. My car was standing still.
Quote:
I am currently evaluating following options:
Sharing a happy update:
Visited Trend automobiles today. Found about them from this thread (Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)).

It is a pretty decently equipped body shop in a locality called Garebhavipalya on hosur road in South Bangalore. Luckily it is only 15mins away from my place. The damages are shown in my previous post. They were able to fix it within 20 minutes!

I monitored the entire process and it looked super simple. They removed some screws under the chrome bumper (shown in image below) and it came off easily. They used a heat gun to straighten the bumper and then nicely pushed it back. That area now looks like as if nothing had happened!

This made me realize that quality of Tata ASS (Kropex, Singasandra) is really poor. They wanted to replace the whole front bumper for a minor damage. This also made me realize that Tata Safari is a well built car and the bumper material is very high quality and repairable.

Trend automobiles earned a long-term customer today (hopefully I won't need them again though, LOL). I am going to have a great weekend!

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240224_102658.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240224_102701.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240224_102827.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240224_105720.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240224_105729.jpg
Thinking_Slow is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 13:50   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi Friends,
I would get delivery of safari acc plus AT next week. I am planning to take 2yr extended warranty. Dealer is quoting 40K whereas somewhere on tata website I saw it as 33K.
Can anyone who has taken EW recently confirm?
Can anyone confirm on this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks