Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 19:19   #421

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
Hey, can you share the color/variant and the booking date? I Booked Safari Acc+ DT AT in Galactic Sapphire on 18th December 2023, and I have no updates from Tata or the dealer.
Hi it’s galactic sapphire accomplished plus variant. Vehicle reached the dealership and did the pdi yesterday. Booked via KHT Motors Bangalore
Old 29th January 2024, 00:43   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
ergonomically still imperfect (I managed alright, but never found my “perfect” driving position), FCA 2.0 diesel engine shows its age + gets noisy at high revs (XUV700’s diesel is superior), no powerful turbo-petrol AT like the XUV700
Thanks for sharing your experience GTO. During the test drive, I had faced the left knee fouling with center panel issue, is it the one you are referring to in ergonomics?
Regrading the drive, although in the Safari insulation is better as compared to XUV700, but the performance is definitely lacking. XUV on the other hand is much more refined as well as powerful in both petrol and diesel powertrains and feels nicer to drive.
Since our running is max 10k per year, I’m more inclined towards petrol option in XUV700. Is there anything significantly better in Tata twins over the XUV700?
Old 30th January 2024, 15:54   #423
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. The new Safari is definitely a stunner. However, I would have still gone with the XUV because of my previous experiences with Tata's service. I have been hearing claims that it has become much better in certain pockets. Hopefully you will have a continued good experience. All the very best and do keep us posted on the beauty once a few thousand kilometres.
Old 30th January 2024, 17:15   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Hi Folks!!

I have been a Tata Fan since the beginning of 2000's, started with an Indica then upgraded to Indigo and for a short while switched over to a used Skoda after Indigo but the maintenance costs made me sell that pretty soon. I was a BIG fan of Safari since 1998 but the family never approved of it. Finally had my say and after Skoda bought a Safari 2.2 4X4...

did a lot of memorable trips with it but then it was time to change again so went in for the HEXA XTA, never gave any trouble whatsoever, however couldn't drive much as COVID hit then when the offices reopened most of the work was online only. Each year NCR gets hit big due to pollution and the AQI hovering in the Severe Zone on and off and the first ones to take a hit are the poor BS4 Diesel and BS3 Petrol vehicles.

What i don't understand is what is the point of getting PUC if the CAQM feels that it is the BS4 and BS3 vehicles damaging the AQI and is the damage only in winters?? Sorry for the rant Well sold the HEXA XTA today with 62000 kms on the ODO and have booked the Cosmic Gold Safari Accomplished + DT likely to be delivered in max a week...
Sorry for the delayed update, got my Safari on 22.01.2024 and have been niggle free since then (fingers crossed). Ownership review under progress... being last quarter of the FY is making it tough to sit at a stretch and write it.

One thing that bothers me though is when you use USB for music it starts playing from the first song each time i start the car... is there a way to start playing from where we switched off??
The_Warrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 20:59   #425

My first post on team-bhp. Been a follower for years.

I got my Tata Safari 2023 Facelift Accomplished+ 6S on 15th December. Galactic Sapphire. Road Tax in TN was increased from 15% to 20% at that time making it more costlier (landed north of 34L)

Delivery experience was not great. The car was quite dusty as the Showroom was in a really busy and dusty road. There was no delivery areas as well, just took it off the Mud Road.
Went straight to DetailingMafia AnnaNagar, where Vineet did a fantastic job on Ceramic Coating. I had a much better delivery experience at DetalingMafia.

Back to Original Delivery Day..
I had explicitly asked the showroom folks to ensure the number plate is fixed in a way it does not obstruct the RADAR. (in the facelift RADAR is in the upper section of the grill). Unfortunately, they had fixed in a way that it obstructed 30-40% of the RADAR. Assured me it will not hinder with RADAR functionality, and I wanted to get the car out of the dusty place.

In the next 3 weeks, had too many issues , like FCW-AEB error, ACC not working, Head unit crashes, Instrument cluster crashes etc. There were always solutions from the Sales team, whereas the Service team conveyed messages like "the FCW-AEB error is normal and happens on all facelift Safari".
The Sales team helped me reset the car multiple times to sort out issues with Head Unit and Instrument Cluster.

Mid Jan - I got the Sales team to refix my number plate properly. I was surprised to see them remove and re-fix the same plate, without any damage.

voila - no more issues with ADAS. Once the Number Plate was 100% away from RADAR, I no longer had any FCW-AEB or System Failure messages. ACC and other ADAS features now work perfectly fine. The teething issues with Safari have solutions, if you seek assistance from the right competent guys.

If anyone has these issues - try having your number plate not overlap over RADAR. Sorted many teething issues for me w.r.t ADAS.

The car is fantastic. I am 6'2 and I am quite comfortable in the Safari, and I personally do not face the issue with knee hitting the central console, may be because my seat is pushed all the way back..

Let's talk about the service experience. I knew Tata Service had a very bad reputation , and I was prepared to expect average to below average work. But the FPL Tata Madhavaram folks knew how to beat even the worse case scenario imagined by a prepared customer.

The car went in for 1st Service. Parked for an hour in front of the Service Center. Then taken for a ride in a really bumpy highway. Back outside the gate of the Service Center. Then the first service happened there. A total of 10 minutes, with one guy checking oil, pouring water for the windshield pump. That's it! the first free service is complete. It never went inside the service centre.
Around 4pm, a guy comes with a damp cloth to wipe the car and the car is sent back. I got it dirtier than how it was sent.

I was eager to check out the dash cam videos. I wasn't prepared for what I saw. I can confirm that Tata Service sucks big time.

I am loving the Blufella though. The car physically is fabulous. the suspension is fantastic. The Service just sucks big time. The teething issues can be sorted, only if you are lucky enough to talk to a competent advisor.

Passed on my concerns to CRM and the Service Advisor. Waiting to see what happens next.

Potential Buyers who are convincing themselves to go ahead with purchasing a Tata - Pondering how bad the service could be? - I was in your shoes, and went ahead with purchase. Tata Motors Service will still surprise you by doing worse than your worst imagination. Good Luck.

I'll keep this thread updated on what happens next.
satishconsults is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 12:54   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishconsults View Post
If anyone has these issues - try having your number plate not overlap over RADAR. Sorted many teething issues for me w.r.t ADAS.
This is exactly why I made a lengthy post about it. Some people even made fun of me, suggesting that I should try for the UPSC next.
Check this thread and #399 (2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review) out. From what I gathered within the WhatsApp owner groups, approximately 21 plates were refixed because of my post, as it garnered attention at the dealer level.
hAwX is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 13:42   #427
BHPian

Thanks to all the owners of the new Safari for keeping this thread updated.

I had the PDI conducted (through Zekardo) last week for my Safari Accomplished + 6S and other than some minor paint finish issues and fogging in the rear connected DRL, all seemed to be fine. The dealership has assured that all the PDI related issues will be addressed prior to delivery. Hopefully will be getting the delivery this week with these issues adequately addressed.

While I am hopeful that I will not have to visit the service center soon to rectify any issues, considering the recent posts on this tread, I have to be prepared for the same. Accordingly, can members please recommend the best Tata service center in Mumbai?

Till now I have been dealing with Honda (for my Civic) and although they are also not the best, once you build a rapport with the service team, they are generally responsive and fairly well trained.

Best,
Enigmatic.
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 18:42   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Safari Red Dark Edition showcased at Bharat Mobility 2024.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240201_184057.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240201_184059.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240201_184101.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20240201_184110.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 12:53   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
While I am hopeful that I will not have to visit the service center soon to rectify any issues, considering the recent posts on this tread, I have to be prepared fr the same. Accordingly, can members please recommend the best Tata service center in Mumbai?
So far my experience with Tata has been good. I have had two services and even the PDI experience was good. In fact, my online call experience has been great too.
prompt.ankitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 19:09   #430
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Just got hands on my new Safari on Friday (2nd Feb).
I Got an Electronic Parking Brake and Auto Hold error within an hour of driving after delivery. Also the "FCW-AEB" warning light along with the "check engine" and "change oil" lights also popped up at the same time. Tried restarting the car 2-3 times hoping that the errors will disappear, but alas. The instrument cluster showed the electronic parking brake engaged and auto hold was not working, but the car was driving like normal, so I ignored the warnings and continued driving. After reaching home I factory reset the system all the errors disappeared except the FCW-AEB.

I then realized that the garland of flowers which the showroom had put of before delivery caused that error and removed them ASAP, luckily the issue didn't last.

I have 1 complain that I can't control the rear AC vents from the infotainment. Only the message "settings cannot be updated" appears.
I am attaching a video of the same.

If anyone has the solution to this please let me know, it will be of great help. Since my mother sits in the middle row, she feels really hot while my dad and I feel cold in the first row.
Sphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 12:59   #431
BHPian

It's finally here!

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-4.jpg

It was quire the journey to finalise which new car to buy. Started with the Seltos, then moved to the Tuscon and finally settled with the Safari.

The over all experience from booking to delivery was pretty smooth. The folks at Puneet Motors were helpful throughout although a couple of things could have been better. Will pin the same down in the ownership experience.

Coming to the Safari, it is a great car! It is quite a change from my current car (Civic) but I am enjoying it so far. Not having to calculate how to navigate speed bumps is a blessing.

I would also like to point out a couple of issues I noticed:

1. There is a bit of fogging in the rear connected DRL (see below picture). This was noticed during the PDI and I was assured that the same will be rectified before delivery but due to part unavailability I was requested to take delivery with the promise that they will replace the part as soon as possible (hopefully within a week). The dealership was apologetic regarding the same but there is only so much they can do. Have been promised a complimentary teflon coating for the trouble.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-3.jpg

2. The car seems to be a bit moody:
a. The front park assist ("FPA") does not always get activated. I tried getting uncomfortably close to cars parked in front however the FPA does not get activated everytime. I believe this is a software issue and hopefully an update will provide for better calibration. Have the owners encountered the same?
b. Sometimes, the lock animation for the front DRL is too rushed. The corner DRL's are still completing the lock animation but the center DRL has already completed the same. It seems out of sync. Again this seems to be a software issue.
c. The easy access feature of the front drive seat woks occasionally i.e. the seats don't always slide down while opening the door to allow easy access to the driver. I also saw a random error "Memory Seat Failure! Unable to select stored position", although this error did not impact the seat functionality or selecting the stored seat position. Again seems like a software issue.
d. The infotainment system does not always play music in good quality. This one is difficult to explain but sometimes the music quality is very flat and without any bass (as if the amplifier has not kicked in). When the above scenario is experienced, changing the JBL music modes also does not make any change. This seems to go away on its own. I am hoping this is a software issue.

Other than the above, mechanically, the car is perfect. I drove it on the new Atal-Setu bridge and it masked speeds effortlessly. The adaptive cruise control also worked like a charm.

Hoping to have the above issues rectified at the earliest and do some serious mile munching.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-2.jpg

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 5th February 2024 at 13:26.
Enigmatic is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 22:10   #432

Ok, so came across a new issue/feature recently.

Whenever I switch it to ECO-nomy mode, the vehicle itself goes back to CITY mode after some time. And this is random, sometimes after driving for ~10mins, sometimes after 20mins. Dont know whats the logic behind it !! - Anyone else faced this or knows the reason on this ??

Did anyone get the radio reception fixed after the 1st service ?

My 1st service is due next week and I was hoping to learn a trick to ask my TASS people.

Thanks,

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th February 2024 at 22:17. Reason: Typos and grammar. Start your sentences with capital letters.
Old 6th February 2024, 19:35   #433
BHPian

Quote:

It was quire the journey to finalise which new car to buy. Started with the Seltos, then moved to the Tuscon and finally settled with the Safari.
Congratulations for your new car. That colour actually looks quite good on the safari, I found it not apt for the car in pictures.

I request you if you can please check the rear AC vents control and tell me if I'm the only one facing that issue. My post is just before yours. Please share a video about it too.

Thank you
Old 7th February 2024, 11:16   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameofforest View Post

Whenever I switch it to ECO-nomy mode, the vehicle itself goes back to CITY mode after some time. And this is random, sometimes after driving for ~10mins, sometimes after 20mins. Dont know whats the logic behind it !! - Anyone else faced this or knows the reason on this ??

Did anyone get the radio reception fixed after the 1st service ?

Thanks,
I drove on Eco mode today for about 20 minutes and the car continued to stay in Eco mode. Probably a software reset will solve your issue? Did you try the same?

Regarding the radio reception, it seems fine in my area. Will try more over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post

I request you if you can please check the rear AC vents control and tell me if I'm the only one facing that issue. My post is just before yours. Please share a video about it too.

Thank you
I have the same issue regarding rear AC vents control as posted in your video. However, I am not sure what purpose the "rear" button serves on the infotainment AC screen. The AC vents (in the middle row) are always on and the AC vents (in the last row) have their own controller. Hence not sure about the purpose of this "rear" button.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 7th February 2024 at 11:21.
Enigmatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 15:21   #435
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same issue regarding rear AC vents control as posted in your video. However, I am not sure what purpose the "rear" button serves on the infotainment AC screen. The AC vents (in the middle row) are always on and the AC vents (in the last row) have their own controller. Hence not sure about the purpose of this "rear" button.
Do the middle row vents cool the middle row efficiently, or is it the front vents mostly at work? I'm spoiled by the roof mounted ac vents on the ertiga so I find the ones in the safari really bad.

Can you align them to throw directly on the face or neck area, or does it just throw around the stomach area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks