Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2024, 10:49   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Curious to know a little more on this, own a XUV700 AWD and part of a very mature and active owners group where the feedback pretty much unanimously is that M&M have got their DPF implementation pretty spot on when it comes to AT - zero complaints and near zero reports of even manual regen popping up on MID and a very welcome large 20L DEF tank.
In my 2020 Diesel Thar AT, DPF Regen messages popped up with increasing frequency in 2023, when I did not use the car for any highway runs for about a year and restricted it to short city runs only. Even after running full Park Regen for 20-30 minutes, the error would again pop up in just 1-2 weeks. Finally what solved it was to add a bottle of Mannol DPF Cleaner, the issue disappeared after one trip and has never appeared again for the last 5 months, probably because I make it a practice to add a bottle every 3-4 months before refueling. Also had a long highway run 2 months ago which might also have helped.

https://www.amazon.in/MANNOL-Cleaner...2C1392&sr=8-10

BTW, I don't believe the DEF tank capacity has anything to do with DPF clogging frequency. DEF is a different process which happens in addition to DPF, a very informative Team-bhp post by BHP-ian Audioholic explains this well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5031401 (BS6 Diesel Car owners - Your experience with DPF / SCR / AdBlue here)

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th January 2024 at 10:54.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:20   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking_Slow View Post
Faced the dreaded speedometer stuck issue AGAIN yesterday. Following image shows how it looks. Notice that speed is stuck at 0 but transmission level is updating.
This One photo is enough is to destroy the TATA Brand Image in all Developed Countries.

No one will ever risk a car where he/she cannot stick to the speed limits, however luxurious the car may be!
svsantosh is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:53   #393
BHPian

In GTO's review, could not help noticing and pointing out that dashboard error - "if issue pertains.....". C'mon Tata, how could you get that dashboard error English so wrong? I am sure they intended to say 'persists'. Looks really bad to me and feels especially bad as a Safari owner.

I have observed umpteen mistakes in their owner's manual, but mistake in dashboard error is just another level.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_20240124_125435.jpg  

Last edited by Rodie09 : 24th January 2024 at 12:55.
Rodie09 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:54   #394
BANNED

I just hope that Tata provides an AWD system in the next iteration of the Safari and updates the engine as well. The 2.0L diesel is decent enough but certainly a notch below the competition (Mahindra and Hyundai). The facelift Safari is definitely a head turner. I find it more attractive than even more expensive vehicles like the Legender.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 13:12   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
=7.jpg]2562990[/ATTACH]

You know you parked a good-looking car when the staff immediately surround it & update their WhatsApp DPs:
Attachment 2562991
/ATTACH]
I am not sure why, but, I was waiting for your word on the face-lift of this mammoth the way you express or describe a car is next level!

I couldn't help but notice the DP of the individual has a prefacelift car isn't it?

Regardless, this car is a pure wallpaper worthy item for sure! XUV 7OO on the other hand is a car that rings my heart in the right way. I'm just bowled over on their execution of engine refinement and the way it puts down power. Not taking this OT, but, I strongly feel Tata should've retained their VARICOR engine and plonked it in the Harrier-Safari twins which would've been the right fit and a proper worthy competitor for XUV. Just my personal opinion!
gururajrv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 15:34   #396
BHPian

Curious to know the weekend vacation spot?!
SPB_drives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 16:55   #397
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

You know you parked a good-looking car when the staff immediately surround it & update their WhatsApp DPs:
Attachment 2562991
The new faces of the Harrier and Safari sure are fantastic eye candy. But that one in the photo is the pre facelift Harrier!
lemedico is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 18:11   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Enjoyed my 5 days with the Tata Safari in Bombay & on the road-trip.
Reclaiming your Life
That side profile, hands on steering pic with that smile reminds me of the ad :
Credits :
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 20:45   #399
BHPian

A TATA sales advisor recognised my car through Instagram and sent me this screenshot.
Glad to know dealerships started taking measures to avoid such issues in the future based on a TeamBHP post.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-48165ff038ac4354bc9eca274482ad9c.jpg

Last edited by hAwX : 24th January 2024 at 20:50.
hAwX is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 22:36   #400
BHPian

In a lighter vein, think the focus is on EV as they have figured out the mechanicals is not their cup of tea, hopefully electricals will be...company and customers both doing trial runs together now!
neerajku is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 00:46   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajku View Post
In a lighter vein, think the focus is on EV as they have figured out the mechanicals is not their cup of tea, hopefully electricals will be...company and customers both doing trial runs together now!
I think it's neither about the mechanicals nor the electricals. It's a mindset thing. It's a culture thing. It's an attention to detail thing. It's a "pride in my product" thing.

The standards for product competitiveness and customer centricity in the trucking business tend to differ quite drastically from those in the passenger vehicle business. Sadly, Tata Motors doesn't seem to have got the memo in all these years of being in both businesses.

I own a Tata Hexa and a VW Polo (have owned an XUV500 in the past), and I can tell you that the engineering depth, quality, intuitiveness of usage, human engineering (ergonomics, etc.) of the established global brands like VW/Honda etc. are decades ahead of where Tata/M&M are right now.

I don't intend for a moment to beat down on our domestic brands; rather it pains me to no end that despite being strong, profitable companies with a rich legacy that are operating in a country whose engineers design not just cars, but also the latest bleeding-edge semiconductor chips (and associated software) for the biggest tech companies worldwide, Tata or M&M don't have the political will to invest in developing ground-up a single world-beating product that can take the fight to foreign shores. This, despite owning such hallowed brands such as Jaguar and Land Rover! Despite JLR's shortcomings on the reliability index that are well known, their performance, refinement and ergonomics is something Tata could have replicated if only they'd gotten out of their "reverse engineering" mindset and tried good old "engineering" for a change. For anyone who's wondering what I'm talking about, all you need to do is visit Tata Motors' Pimpri plant. You'll find more Toyota/Mitsubishi cars in various stages of disassembly than Tata cars!

Coming back to the original point - I don't think Tata Motors (despite their early success with the Nexon EV) stands a chance against the global EV majors like BYD/MG/Tesla and others like VW, once they decide to come in full-force to India with their global EV offerings.

Come to think of it, an EV is no less of a car in it's own right. It's still got a drive-train, a body structure (and associated driving dynamics), electronics (this is a big one!), interiors, ergonomic considerations, material quality considerations and not to forget - the service center experience...

I won't be buying a Tata (or Mahindra) again anytime soon.

Last edited by vijaysrk : 25th January 2024 at 00:56.
vijaysrk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 09:04   #402
BHPian

Thanks for comforting existing owners of Tata GTO. I'll however continue staying away from Tata's half hearted attempts at a customer centric industry.

Warnings are fair but people complaining about their cars stopping abruptly while going at 100 kmph in 2024 is absurd. No Tata for me, regardless of how beautiful cars they make. I'll prefer a working Omni over a Tata Safari.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th January 2024 at 09:26. Reason: Fixed some typos.
kaushikduttajsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 11:05   #403
BHPian

Guys how much of a difference do you think the extra weight makes on the Safari's pickup compared to the Harrier. My friend is confused between the 2 , he likes the Safari's interior and the Gold colour but is concerned about the extra weight on a relatively underpowered engine compared to the XUV

Harrier - 1650 KG -> 101.81 BHP/ton
Safari - 1855 KG -> 90.56 BHP/ton
XUV 700 Diesel - 1825 KG -> 99.72 BHP/ton
Old 25th January 2024, 12:37   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
I just hope that Tata provides an AWD system in the next iteration of the Safari and updates the engine as well. The 2.0L diesel is decent enough but certainly a notch below the competition (Mahindra and Hyundai). The facelift Safari is definitely a head turner. I find it more attractive than even more expensive vehicles like the Legender.
As per their media announcements in the recent past, its clear their focus is moving away from ICE going forward. We should consider the introduction of gasoline version as more of a hygiene - to avoid losing customers and stay relevant for markets/segments where gasoline is the preferred choice.

So, they will continue to iterate with bells and whistles while retaining the same power trains and suspension setup. At the same time, I am really hoping they do something disruptive with their EV focus and spoil the show for other OEs. We dont want sub-par/me-too versions with so much talk about EV from Tata.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 14:29   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Curious to know the weekend vacation spot?!
Same with me, curious as to where is this gem located?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks