Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 15:48   #316

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Posting here after quite some time.

I have booked Tata Safari Accomplished + DT - AT during last week of December. Colour choice is White DT. After 13 and half years of memorable ownership of Tata Safari Dicor again going for new gen Tata Safari. My Dicor experience is documented below.

Delivery is expected during first week of February as I wanted 2024 manufacctured car. Hope to live same excellent experience that I had with Safari Dicor. :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ycus-grey.html (The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey)
Wow, amazing, congrats. Read your other post as well, must be a nostalgic feeling doing this in 2023. All the best and keep doing well.

PS- I would not have waited till 2024 to get my car. Instead I picked the colour which was available at the earliest. I got 6S automatic accomplished plus in stellar frost colour. Got this on the day when my parents had their anniversary
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-6ec5426a6c60475da2929d6ac8899a78_original.jpeg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-7c039caa9fbc46be9eccd199d89adc14_original.jpeg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-78e20994aba449a99e366ff2fd92cce4_original.jpeg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-af6f14239956411990e17bcc2eab37d4_original.jpeg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20c116921bf04e718da7835ba11683f9_original.jpeg  

prompt.ankitg is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:55   #317

Hello Everyone,

(beforehand, sorry for the long post)

In continuation to my previous post, I received delivery of my New Tata Safari on 19th Dec in Hyderabad from Prathammalik Motors from Financial District showroom. It’s a 7S Accomplished Cosmic Gold variant.

Here is my experience journey so far –

Delivery Experience – Was Ok. The Dealer didn’t went far in pampering us with flowers and cakes but there was a chocolate box. Didn’t got any key-chain or god idol as souvenir (coming from Hyundai family so bit nit-picking).
There were no yellow fiber TR number plates considering Tata considers this to be a premium car (Anyways, I fitted it myself by spending 600Rs. Extra from aftermarket). Gives a nice touch to the car !!!

Accessories Experience – Took 3 accessories from the Dealer :
7D Mats – fits well
Mud Flaps – doesn’t fit well on rear side like others have also mentioned
Side Steps – fits well. The same side step is also for Harrier and Safari. Reason for taking from Dealer was this this OEM part is in the line of door and doesn’t protrude outside like some other aftermarket ones. Bit on the pricey side though.

Aftermarket -
Then came the dilemma of Ceramic Vs PPF. The cost factor pushed me towards Ceramic coating. Got it done from 3M Car Care situated in Nallagandla area. Took 3yrs package with booster every 6 months.
Got Garware Ecolite sun protection film (govt. approved 50% transparency) on the glasses. (again coming from Hyundai we had tinted glasses so used to a bit of shade)
Lastly, Still figuring which dash cam to buy.

Driving Experience – Nothing short of just WOW !!! The pick-up and road presence enthralls you with happiness and awesomeness. At the same time you are an eye-candy for others on the road because of the new model.
I was driving a Hatchback before this so for sure it was bit overwhelming to drive such a muscular vehicle on the road. Still getting used to driving in bumper to bumper traffic. Always get that feeling of ….whenever the two-wheelers and auto-wallahs come near or cuts off suddenly !!!
Driven so far 800KMs with a 400KM trip to Sri Sailam from HYD. 6 of us travelled in the car and all were happy with the comfort till last row.
Music system is really nice with all the modes.

Coming to – Niggles faced !!!

Radio Reception – Is pretty bad no matter you are on highway or in city. Its kind of hit and miss. Went to service center and they upgraded the software (delivered vehicle was Sept 2023 and now its Oct 2023 - you can check yourself the version in settings) but still same issue. So they said they will take a look during 1st service for wiring or antenna.

Gesture Controlled tail-gate – was not working at the time of delivery itself. After the s/w update that setting came and we enabled it from the infotainment system. Now working.

TPMS error – TPMS was giving random error couple of times during driving but after the s/w update this is not seen.

Scary episode – Vehicle Stalled – Error on display “Drive mode malfunctioned” – Called Tata helpline and the emergency assist came in 1.5 hour as it happened in the city. He identified that Diesel was over so the vehicle stalled. This was very odd as when I started from home it showed 80KMs to empty. Anyways after filling 10L of diesel the car started. BUT, it seemed the display was faulty. After the S/W update I could see it showing me right quantity of fuel and much accurate DTE. But this episode taught me to have some more gas in the vehicle at all times.

Cruise Control – The actual speed of the car was always more than the set limit somehow. The car was trying to correct that but was slow in doing that. Haven’t tested this after s/w update though.

Rear A/C control from infotainment system – always get error “Settings can not be updated” even after s/w update. Service center said that may be in future version it will get fixed.

Rest all is working fine in the car. ADAS works perfectly. Sometimes so much that you get irritated with all the tings and tongs. On a lighter note – hats off to the team in Tata who identified so many different sounds for so many different sensors.

some Ques to other owners -
Radio Reception - So if anyone here had similar issue and how was it resolved – any tips will be really helpful.
Mood Lighting – For me it only lights up on the dashboard center and sun-roof liner. Any other places it should also lightup ?
Right Knee support – I am used to driving Hatchback for 8-10 hours at a stretch where my right knee used to rest on the doorside. But in Safari there is a big gap between door and right knee so its always in sort of hanging position. Anyone facing this issue or is this limited to me and my sitting posture ??

I will rest here for now !!! Waiting for hear from more from this group and learn together.

Cheers....
flameofforest is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 09:21   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameofforest View Post
Right Knee support – I am used to driving Hatchback for 8-10 hours at a stretch where my right knee used to rest on the doorside. But in Safari there is a big gap between door and right knee so it's always in sort of hanging position. Anyone facing this issue or is this limited to me and my sitting posture ??

Cheers....
A quick suggestion here if you are around 6' +/- a couple of inches.
Push the driver seat back as much as possible such that, you are just able to reach the pedals COMFORTABLY avoiding knee folds. I feel, this is more ergonomic as the legs are in "stretched" position. I have always driven in this mode all through my 3+ Lakhs KMs over 20 years and [touch wood] I havent felt any discomfort.
BTW, I do perform long drive [350+ KM] at least once a month.
kaviprem is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:52   #319

Hello All,

I want to share my car delivery and ownership experience of my Black Bull which got delivered around the 3 week of November. My entire family was buzzling to get into the vehicle and it was raining Cats and Dogs at the time of delivery. We were drenched while we got the car delivered.

The car had few niggles when it got delivered - unfortunately we identified them on the same evening we got the car delivered; The tail lamp(LED) was not working properly as it was only half lit - we failed to notice it due to the rain probably.

Turns out there was a small gap in one of the sides of the the Rear Lamp - which led to the rain water get into it and thus damaged the tail lamp. We were obviously disappointed and expressed the same to the dealership as it should've been identified by them during their checks. The dealership agreed to change the tail lamp(outside of the warranty) as it was reported on the First day of delivery. I also reported these niggles to the Regional Tata Motors Team and they promptly coordinated with the dealership GM for Services and resolved the issues.

I must admit that we had reservations while selecting the dark edition but Boy oh Boy! it surely is one of the best decisions we've taken off late. It surely is menacing in DARK.

Have done almost 3600 KMs covering Rough Terrains, Hills & Plains and got to admit that the vehicle really handled them quite well!

One question to the fellow owners - Does anyone get a "FCW-AEB Critical Failure" message when it is parked of another vehicle or a wall? I get this every morning when I start the car. I was advised by the Service Engineers that this comes only when the distance between our vehicle and the one that is parked in front is less than 2 feet. I've logged a complain to regarding the same with Tata Motors as the message is misleading - "Critical Failure!"
msrajesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:04   #320
BHPian

Quote:
some Ques to other owners -
Radio Reception - So if anyone here had similar issue and how was it resolved – any tips will be really helpful.
Mood Lighting – For me it only lights up on the dashboard center and sun-roof liner. Any other places it should also lightup ?
Right Knee support – I am used to driving Hatchback for 8-10 hours at a stretch where my right knee used to rest on the doorside. But in Safari there is a big gap between door and right knee so its always in sort of hanging position. Anyone facing this issue or is this limited to me and my sitting posture ??
• The radio reception is poor, and currently, no one seems to have a solution. If you touch the shark fin antenna, the signal significantly improves. I am confident that with a better antenna, which can pick up more signals, the reception will improve. I wonder why this wasn’t an issue with the previous models of Harrier and Safari.

• Mood lighting is not only present on the dashboard and sunroof lining but also on all four door handles, their storage spaces below, and inside the middle storage compartment of the second row, just above the charging ports. The mood lighting is more intense and visible in the dark edition. I wish I could code my entire UI to match that of the dark edition. Attaching a picture for better reference.

• For me, it’s my left knee that experiences some discomfort from touching the dashboard.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-a162ded1a78a42bd86595d0d33e4b3fc.jpeg
hAwX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:13   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrajesh View Post
One question to the fellow owners - Does anyone get a "FCW-AEB Critical Failure" message when it is parked of another vehicle or a wall? I get this every morning when I start the car. I was advised by the Service Engineers that this comes only when the distance between our vehicle and the one that is parked in front is less than 2 feet. I've logged a complain to regarding the same with Tata Motors as the message is misleading - "Critical Failure!"
No, we do not get that error, and a hardware system failure must be taken seriously. If your number plate is covering the radar, you get a different kind of error which is just mild - object disappeared, look out for safety. FCW-AEB stands for Forward Collision Warning - Auto Emergency Braking, for those who don’t know. If this error keeps coming, then the ADAS tech must be thoroughly checked. The people in service centers are uneducated about this, and they wouldn’t know how to troubleshoot :') All the best in getting that rectified. I know a few owners who got the message once or twice. It usually fixes itself after a forced restart.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:12   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
• The radio reception is poor, and currently, no one seems to have a solution. If you touch the shark fin antenna, the signal significantly improves. I am confident that with a better antenna, which can pick up more signals, the reception will improve. I wonder why this wasn’t an issue with the previous models of Harrier and Safari.

• Mood lighting is not only present on the dashboard and sunroof lining but also on all four door handles, their storage spaces below, and inside the middle storage compartment of the second row, just above the charging ports. The mood lighting is more intense and visible in the dark edition. I wish I could code my entire UI to match that of the dark edition. Attaching a picture for better reference.

• For me, it’s my left knee that experiences some discomfort from touching the dashboard.

Attachment 2553421
Even I believe the Radio is because of antenna and not wiring. as the antenna is black color (for cosmic gold color atleast) so we can swap it with older version safari/harrier dark edition and then check the reception quality - worth a try. Will ask during my 1st service to test that if feasible.

and thanks for posting the pics of the mood lighting. one more thing to bring during my next visit to service center.
flameofforest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 11:01   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
No, we do not get that error, and a hardware system failure must be taken seriously. If your number plate is covering the radar, you get a different kind of error which is just mild - object disappeared, look out for safety. FCW-AEB stands for Forward Collision Warning - Auto Emergency Braking, for those who don’t know.
I've reached out to Tata Motors regarding this! Thank You for your insights.
msrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:16   #324

Quote:

Accessories Experience – Took 3 accessories from the Dealer :
7D Mats – fits well
Mud Flaps – doesn’t fit well on rear side like others have also mentioned
Side Steps – fits well. The same side step is also for Harrier and Safari. Reason for taking from Dealer was this this OEM part is in the line of door and doesn’t protrude outside like some other aftermarket ones. Bit on the pricey side though.

Aftermarket -
Then came the dilemma of Ceramic Vs PPF. The cost factor pushed me towards Ceramic coating. Got it done from 3M Car Care situated in Nallagandla area. Took 3yrs package with booster every 6 months.
Got Garware Ecolite sun protection film (govt. approved 50% transparency) on the glasses. (again coming from Hyundai we had tinted glasses so used to a bit of shade)
Lastly, Still figuring which dash cam to buy.
Is Side step required or mandatory? just checking, does it go well with the aesthetics, i have a stellar frost colour.

I am still confused whether to do Ceramic coating or not? Did it actually help?
Old 5th January 2024, 11:06   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt.ankitg View Post
Is Side step required or mandatory? just checking, does it go well with the aesthetics, i have a stellar frost colour.

I am still confused whether to do Ceramic coating or not? Did it actually help?
Side step will help young children and senior citizens to get into the car. I have it in my Safari and it helps.

Ceramic coating stays for few months and swirl marks appear. Depends on the car wash guy, how careful he is. Better to go for PPF but that's too expensive. If I get it right, your car is of light colour. In that case, wax polish once in a year might help.

Enjoy your beast.

Cheers
Pratim.
pratim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 11:07   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Side step will help young children and senior citizens to get into the car. I have it in my Safari and it helps.

Ceramic coating stays for few months and swirl marks appear. Depends on the car wash guy, how careful he is. Better to go for PPF but that's too expensive. If I get it right, your car is of light colour. In that case, wax polish once in a year might help.

Enjoy your beast.

Cheers
Pratim.
Yes, My car is Stellar Frost/metallic white colour. So, I am not sure if it is required or not.
Old 5th January 2024, 12:58   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt.ankitg View Post
Yes, My car is Stellar Frost/metallic white colour. So, I am not sure if it is required or not.
I have used ceramic coating on the black Safari; and looking back, I think that probably it wasn't required.

You may want to use separate micro-fibre cloths for body, glass and interiors. And then washing with a good car wash shampoo should take care of daily dirt. You can get waxing done once in a while.

For the side step refer to below photo; its an official accessory from TML. Fitment is good and doesn't protrude out laterally beyond the wheels. Gives firm support to people who use it.

BTW, this is the first photo of my black beast on the forum. Hope you like it!

Cheers
Pratim
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_20230416_062852.jpg  

Last edited by pratim : 5th January 2024 at 13:00.
pratim is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 13:04   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
I have used ceramic coating on the black Safari; and looking back, I think that probably it wasn't required.

You may want to use separate micro-fibre cloths for body, glass and interiors. And then washing with a good car wash shampoo should take care of daily dirt. You can get waxing done once in a while.

For the side step refer to below photo; its an official accessory from TML. Fitment is good and doesn't protrude out laterally beyond the wheels. Gives firm support to people who use it.

BTW, this is the first photo of my black beast on the forum. Hope you like it!

Cheers
Pratim
This is helpful. I am going against coating and will evaluate the side step. Felt that it is expensive, however I can see that it looks nice
Old 5th January 2024, 17:52   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

(beforehand, sorry for the long post)

In continuation to my previous post, I received delivery of my New Tata Safari on 19th Dec in Hyderabad from Prathammalik Motors from Financial District showroom. It’s a 7S Accomplished Cosmic Gold variant.

Cheers....
Don't see an option to send you a PM. Are you in Aparna by any chance?
Old 5th January 2024, 20:14   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Don't see an option to send you a PM. Are you in Aparna by any chance?
yes, in Aparna Cyberzon to be precise. Same here, not able to PM you too (or anyone else as a matter of fact).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks