Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2023, 22:33   #286
BHPian

Re: My advice to the Safari owners who are going to get their plates fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
With Safari at least, this is not the case.
Yes, later on I tried it myself and found out that I wouldn’t be able to make the same mistake with my Safari that I did with my Nexon. Although, I did see a few reels where the car still got locked with the keys inside, and apparently, they had to open it through the iRA application. I’m still looking for the links and will post them when I find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
At the rear, do you feel that the plates wobble at the bottom as they are riveted only on the top? (especially without the frame). Is it secure due to something else?
I have no wobbling issues with mine, as I have also placed some thick 3M double-sided tape so the metal plate won’t come in contact with the body and cause scratches.
hAwX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:20   #287

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to the forum and just as a kid going for first time to school, I have the same feeling posting this message.
It is really great to read all the ownership stories, and learn from them...

I would probably be getting my Safari facelift AT CosmicGold variant this coming week in HYD from Prathammalik motors.

Can the recent owners guide me with the basic accessories to get from the showroom, Vs what can be taken from market.

Also, if there is anyone from HYD who is an owner (Safari or any other new vehicle), then have you got the ceramic coating done, and if yes, then from where (any good and reliable outlet in the city) ?

Hoping to contribute more with my ownership experience once I have my hands on the vehicle.

Cheers !!
Old 14th December 2023, 14:55   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameofforest View Post
I would probably be getting my Safari facelift AT CosmicGold variant this coming week in HYD from Prathammalik motors.

Can the recent owners guide me with the basic accessories to get from the showroom, Vs what can be taken from market.
Congratulations on your new car! Okay, so I got my basic accessories free of cost from my dealer, which included a 7D Mat and Mud flaps. Apart from that, the other accessories are as follows which I didn't get because I felt they were unnecessary:
Side steps - 19k
Number Plate frame/box - 417
Door edge garnish - 469

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-bc6342f69b514a37a18278e87b8fb784.jpg

The 7D mat is worth 7900 from the dealer, and I think the mud guard is 1100. I was able to get these for free after doing some negotiating with my SA. They’re black, and I must say, they’re dirt and sand magnets. I would have preferred GFX 5D mats as you can easily take them out and clean it. Vacuuming seems to be the only option for the 7D mat if we need a quick refresh for an upcoming trip.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-tempimagekdeaqp.jpg
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-tempimage4bcwqu.jpg
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-tempimageejlf1b.jpg

It extends up to the third row, of course, and you can also see the aftermath of three elderly people chilling in there.

On the other hand, the rear mud guard doesn’t fit properly. I’m guessing it’s meant for the previous model year Safari, as it had a different rear bumper design. The front mud guard fits perfectly.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_6968.jpg

80% of the time, my passengers are above 50 years old with below-average height. It’s a bit of work for them to get in and out without the side steps.
It would really show on the exterior as it has a silver plastic trim. I really didn’t like the look of it and it was a major turn-off, same case with the window deflectors! so I didn’t get them.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-c426390ebd2943269cdf9addfc77ec0a.jpg

There are aftermarket options available for the above at half the price. Apart from these, TATA cars don’t really have much in the market other than a lot of cheap chrome treatment and rear bike guards. I am still looking for a good sounding horn that's plug and play and automatic side steps.

Last edited by hAwX : 14th December 2023 at 14:57.
hAwX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 07:38   #289

Hi Everyone,
Have booked Tata Safari Accomplished + galactic sapphire. SA promised to give January 2024 manufacturing car. But got a call from him that there is December 15th 2023 manufactured car available in same configuration. Should I consider this or is it ok to wait for January manufacturing car. Is there any advantage for waiting for next year model?
karthik1289 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 09:22   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhavBitra View Post
Finally the issue seems solved (better to say not yet re occurred).
Battery got replaced and fixed on 17th November around 6 PM, vehicle kept ideal at service center until Monday 20th November 10 AM and attempted to start and it worked. I took the delivery around 11:30 AM and parked at office until 7 PM, then taken back to home and parked by 8:30 PM. I attempted start again on 24th Nov Friday 6 PM (a real-time scenario as i usually take this beast once a week) and worked.
So shall we conclude that the issue is with the faulty battery that got fixed during the manufacturing in the month of August 2023?
Friends, I am here to update two things one is the status of the issue and other is some interesting things happened around above issue.

1. Happy to share that I never got the start issue again after battery replacement, I have had used at least 10 times since 25th Nov.

2. Surprisingly there was a follow up from Regional Tata Customer Service executive (in my case from Kochi) on 14th Dec, to convey an apology for the inconvenience caused and to enquire how car is doing since the battery replacement. He also mentioned that they have gone through the posts I made in Team-bhp and in the X handle of Tata Motors. He also gave me escalation contacts at dealer end, Service Manager and General Manager Service and advised me to contact them immediately if i face any issue with the vehicle.
Another surprising event is - the very next day i.e. 15th Dec both Service Manager and General Manager Service from the dealer (Trivandrum Motors) are called me and asked my permission to visit my home to examine the vehicle. I welcomed warmly, and shared home address, they preferred to come home first than the garage and officially convey apology for the inconvenience caused and a pack of cake with some sweets are handed over as a symbol of gratitude. After this we went to the vehicle and the service manager started himself and observed that it is doing good.

After all, I am glad for the attention from the Tata Service Regional Office and from the Dealer Service Management, hoping for the same care in the coming years not only for me and for all Tata Car Owners.
MadhavBitra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 13:53   #291

My experience with Tata has been great so far (about a month). In November, I bought the six-seater Accomplished Plus (AT) in Stellar Frost Colour. The experience has been great, and I can say it well as I have been a customer of Honda for almost ten years. Honda delights its customers in all aspects, But Tata Motors has been remarkable so far. I love the car, the service, and the network experience so far, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 19th December 2023, 14:42   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt.ankitg View Post
But Tata Motors has been remarkable so far. I love the car, the service, and the network experience so far, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Which service center are you going to in Hyderabad? Would like to suggest to a friend who owns Safari Storme.
Old 19th December 2023, 15:13   #293

Prathammalik Motors, The team has been good so far.
prompt.ankitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 09:16   #294
BHPian

Here comes the most awaited news from BNCAP

5 Star for both Harrier and safari

https://x.com/nitin_gadkari/status/1...198561168?s=46
mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 21:59   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Viofo is amongst the best. I have installed Viofo a119 mini 2 and it is the cheapest Sony star is 2 lens camera in India
Hello,
If you have any contacts of Viofo sales, could you please PM me that?

Thanks
Pratim
Old 23rd December 2023, 12:45   #296
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Such sorry state of affairs with 2023 TATA Safari at TATA service Centre.

Seems like the 2023 Harrier / Safari are facing issues worse than the 2019 Harrier!

2023 Safari Airbags deploy at the service centre

I would honestly request the prospective owners to kindly hold onto your respective purchases of these 'big ticket' TATA's. They seem to have serious issues.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 23rd December 2023 at 12:47.
ashvek3141 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 13:03   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Such sorry state of affairs with 2023 TATA Safari at TATA service Centre.

Seems like the 2023 Harrier / Safari are facing issues worse than the 2019 Harrier!

2023 Safari Airbags deploy at the service centre

I would honestly request the prospective owners to kindly hold onto your respective purchases of these 'big ticket' TATA's. They seem to have serious issues.
All the more reasons to wait it out atleast 6 months when a desi car launches with mind boggling amounts of electronic and software gizmos/features
coldice4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 12:46   #298
BHPian

spaceunicorn, hAwX, josh_27007,

As you are all owners of Safari with the Oyster White interiors, wanted your feedback on how you keep the light color pristine.. We are considering Safari but are not sure of our ability to keep the interiors in top shop all the time. Did you by any chance consider Dark edition which seems to have superb interior theme (personal view) that may be easier to maintain? Please let me know!
Old 27th December 2023, 01:06   #299

Hi I bought a Safari XZA+ dark in June and frankly speaking the new launch has kind of made me sad as now I feel that some of the features would have been handy in the car, something like the electric tailgate. Can someone suggest if we can get these retro fitted in the outgoing model and can it be done from Tata ASC?
Old 27th December 2023, 12:40   #300
Senior - BHPian

My inlaws recently picked up the 2023 Safari dark edition and one think I can't seem to figure out is how to open only the sunshade of the sun roof in one step.

A push back opens both the shade and the glass which needs to be closed again and a 'push' on the button opens the shade and puts the glass in the 'vent' mode which again needs a push forward to be closed, making this a 2 step process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks