Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 22:52   #211

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Thanks for the response.
Parking is in 2 levels down the ground floor and fully covered parking. Would location of the have an impact on battery?
Telematics are configured but iRA app is not yet registered and not in use. I am not yet using any remote function, not even unlocking car remotely, i usually walk to the door and press the keyless button to open the door.
Old 15th November 2023, 10:59   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhavBitra View Post
They have identified the issue as battery problem and replaced the battery, they had confirmed the dynamo unit to charge the battery is working fine and only battery is discharging fast, they took 4 days to deliver the vehicle after replacement. Along with it they have done the first service also..
Just a thought here - I have seen the following behavior

1. The sunroof blind is operational after the car is switched off. Means there is a regular supply of electricity to the mechanism.
2. Tail gate is operational after we unlock.
3. Front both power seats are adjustable even after the car is switched off.
4. If we open the tailgate while the car is locked, the inside lights get on and won't go off after you close the tail gate. It will go off only after we lock the car again. SO if you forgot to lock the car - the lights are on (for some time, I believe). May be the 60- or 120-min rule applies to the tailgate function as well.
5. Each time the car is unlocked - the side mirrors unfold (I remember Mahindra taking out that feature and made it to unfold only if you start the engine).

Can this cause extra load on the battery?
spaceunicorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 10:02   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceunicorn View Post

Can this cause extra load on the battery?
Very much possible. I haven't seen such issue reported anywhere else.

Ask the SC for a BCM update may be? Based on your explanations, it looks like the vehicle is always in Accessory mode causing frequent discharge.

I have a APR 2023 manufactured Safari and I had a BCM update done recently. Ever since the update, I noticed that my phone is already connected to Wireless AA just by unlocking the car. Earlier it used to connect only when I press the start button for Accessory mode/ignition.

I have only seen minor niggles, but nothing really bothersome or causing inconvenience to me so far in my past 7 Months/9000 Kms of ownership.
r24x7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 15:10   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Very much possible. I haven't seen such issue reported anywhere else.

Ask the SC for a BCM update may be? Based on your explanations, it looks like the vehicle is always in Accessory mode causing frequent discharge.

I have a APR 2023 manufactured Safari and I had a BCM update done recently. Ever since the update, I noticed that my phone is already connected to Wireless AA just by unlocking the car. Earlier it used to connect only when I press the start button for Accessory mode/ignition.

I have only seen minor niggles, but nothing really bothersome or causing inconvenience to me so far in my past 7 Months/9000 Kms of ownership.
I tried to stimulate the scenario by keeping my car idle for two days. Tried to crank the engine today and no issues. Seems specific to that car. I had in between opened tailgate couple of times.
spaceunicorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 05:57   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceunicorn View Post
I tried to stimulate the scenario by keeping my car idle for two days. Tried to crank the engine today and no issues. Seems specific to that car. I had in between opened tailgate couple of times.
The best option to identify the culprit is to check for the power draw from battery while car is parked. This will help identifying any leak or glitch in ACC mode which is causing this power drain
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 11:58   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhavBitra View Post
Thanks for the response.
Parking is in 2 levels down the ground floor and fully covered parking. Would location of the have an impact on battery?
Telematics are configured but iRA app is not yet registered and not in use. I am not yet using any remote function, not even unlocking car remotely, i usually walk to the door and press the keyless button to open the door.
Did you get any update from Tata Service on this issue? Is this resolved? Would be good to know the root cause assessment by Tata.
spaceunicorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 12:45   #217

Yesterday, I came to know that, during the first incident on 30th Oct, they haven't replaced the battery whereas they did a verification test from Exide and found all good. There was a communication Gap between me and the service executive on the time of delivery (who is different from the one who did the service), my bad, i was missed to review the documents handed over to me at the time of delivery ( there was a test report attached), it is mainly due to the trust with Tata Service and also a little negligence from my side, apologies, they have also did the first service same time.

Regarding the ongoing diagnosis, update as of today 17Nov23 is -
1. They have checked ACC module found no issue.
2. Reviewed BCM for any updates required, looks normal and no updates required.
3. Verified whether are there any power leakages via multi meter and also using plucks meter (if i heard it correctly) and found no issues.
4. They will verify a diode connected to the central cluster which used to alarm when door opens for any leakage or fault.
5. Finally they will also do re verification of the Battery sending again to Exide for testing.

Overall, Service Manager is sure that the battery would be faulty, they have seen cases in Altroz and Nexon that battery test success but same issue occurs, in this case replacement of battery resolved the issue. So he would request Exide to replace the battery even though verification from their mechine is success.
MadhavBitra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 23:39   #218
BHPian

Hi guys. One question to Safari owners: are the hazard lights / turn indicators of your car unsynchronised? I was watching a review a few days back and I was absolutely shocked to see this (pay close attention to nothing but the hazards):
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxXszRxQB...niMrbTXB3VWEFI

I REALLY hope that this is a one-off case. If not, Tata has proved that it is indeed the world class expert in revolutionising niggles never seen before in the automotive world.

I cannot explain how hard this triggered my OCD.

Last edited by CentreOfGravity : 17th November 2023 at 23:43.
CentreOfGravity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 06:44   #219

Hello all, I've booked my Accomplished Plus and will be getting the delivery in a few days. I wanted your inputs about the accessories I should go for. I'm not going for PPP, but getting ceramic coating done. Also going for mats and mud flaps along with door protectors. Any other accessories should I go for? I was planning to buy dash cam. Any recommendations for that as well? Is it helpful?

Last edited by graaja : 19th November 2023 at 07:32. Reason: Please capitalize the "i"
Old 19th November 2023, 12:12   #220
Senior - BHPian

New TVC from Tata Motors

nairrk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 13:48   #221
BHPian

Any insights into the performance of headlights? I have seen a video and was surprised looking at the headlight's performance during the night drives. Or the person who shot the video from another vehicle didn't get it quite right.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 17:43   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
I suggest to go with Safari. It looks and feels way better than XUV (looks are subjective though). With the addition of new features and steering, it's a complete package altogether.

So if you don't bother about 4x4 and petrol engines, go and fulfill your dream.
Yes, I've booked Accomplished + ... It will be delivered in a week or so. Took test drive for it, test drove XUV as well and decided to go with Safari.
josh_27007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 20:49   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_27007 View Post
Hello all, I've booked my Accomplished Plus and will be getting the delivery in a few days. I wanted your inputs about the accessories I should go for. I'm not going for PPP, but getting ceramic coating done. Also going for mats and mud flaps along with door protectors. Any other accessories should I go for? I was planning to buy dash cam. Any recommendations for that as well? Is it helpful?
Congratulations on your new car! I got my 7D mats and mud flaps free of cost from the dealer. Additionally, I purchased a 70mai ProPlus+ A500s dual-channel dashcam from Amazon. The app experience is great, and I would highly recommend it as it's a good all-rounder. Opting for ceramic coating seems like a wise choice. I went for graphene coating with a 3-year warranty for 36k, which includes one free top-up every year, totaling three top-ups. The dealer recommended side steps, but since they didn't match the vehicle's aesthetics, I decided against getting them. However they would be really helpful for the elderly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Any insights into the performance of headlights?
It is above average and on par with most new LED projector setups on the market. Better than Innova Hycross but not as good as the XUV700. The throw is great; one might question the intensity when a halogen lamp shines from the opposite side, if you know what I mean. Fog lamps are very functional indeed.
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 21:22   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreOfGravity View Post
Hi guys. One question to Safari owners: are the hazard lights / turn indicators of your car unsynchronised?

I REALLY hope that this is a one-off case. If not, Tata has proved that it is indeed the world class expert in revolutionising niggles never seen before in the automotive world.

I cannot explain how hard this triggered my OCD.
May be it is a bit. I am talking from my ownership of pre facelift XZA+ adventure version. It is not very evident actually and I have not given a lot of attention from outside but I have once accidentally clicked a pic which left me with my eyes popping out for some time
The camera could catch one side lit other not.
Unfortunately can't find the pic now.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 22:08   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
May be it is a bit. I am talking from my ownership of pre facelift XZA+ adventure version. It is not very evident actually and I have not given a lot of attention from outside but I have once accidentally clicked a pic which left me with my eyes popping out for some time
The camera could catch one side lit other not.
Unfortunately can't find the pic now.
To be honest, I noticed this is the pre facelift version too. Thought of posting about it, but decided not to as I thought it is not a significant issue and it isn't very apparent as you said.

But this one is different. The hazards don't light up at uniform time intervals in the facelift and God is it irritating! Do check out this link for better understanding:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxXszRxQB...niMrbTXB3VWEFI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks