Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:54   #181
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Insurance is one of the components where the Dealer can earn and hence is mostly jacked up by 30-40% than the market rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Insurance + accessories is where the dealers earn. You have to see the deal in totality. If you buy insurance from outside you might lose out on some discount on accessories in the overall deal.
Yes. It's all about how best we can negotiate. In my last purchase, I was transparent with two dealers I was negotiating with and told them clearly who has a edge over other gets my booking. Finally one of them budged to match the insurance price and also discount on the accessories. Obviously, I booked with him.

But why would they have to fleece their customers despite the commission they get on car sales? And as customers why we budge to that unethical practice? Is it with all car dealers or only some particular brands like Tata?

Last edited by Crank : 2nd November 2023 at 12:55. Reason: Adding more context
Old 2nd November 2023, 18:00   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceunicorn View Post
Good news is that I am most probably getting delivery of the Safari (Cosmic Gold). Going for a PDI tomorrow. Will keep this group updated.
Checked the vehicle at the yard. Inspection was fine. There was only one Safari and one Dark edition Harrier at the yard. Looks like less vehicles are coming to Trivandrum - The other dealer too said they had around 1-2 cars available. While we saw the display cars already available at Trichy showroom. Here are some pictures of the Golden Lion, while doing the inspection at yard.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-13.jpg
Lion waiting to be cleaned up.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-14.jpg
spaceunicorn is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 22:11   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like less vehicles are coming to Trivandrum - The other dealer too said they had around 1-2 cars available. While we saw the display cars already available at Trichy showroom.
Hey, do they have display vehicle at Trivandrum motors? Im from Allapuzha and I went to Hyson thrissur to check out their harrier in dark edition.
It was indeed amazing. My booking though for the Safari Accomplished, is with NCS
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 00:09   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
Hey, do they have display vehicle at Trivandrum motors? Im from Allapuzha and I went to Hyson thrissur to check out their harrier in dark edition..
It was indeed amazing. My booking though for the Safari Accomplished, is with NCS
Trivandrum Motors had a display vehicle (Safari, Cosmic Gold) which I saw when I visited the showroom. They had just finished placing it there at the time. Attached is a picture from the showroom.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-2e6593cd2be34f998126042f5288ce8b.jpeg
spaceunicorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 22:21   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Trivandrum Motors had a display vehicle (Safari, Cosmic Gold) which I saw when I visited the showroom. They had just finished placing it there at the time.

I visited the showroom today which was 112 kilometres away from my home. I met Mr. Anas, who provided me with the history of that particular vehicle. Did you book it?

The car did get slightly dirty from being on display, and the color-matched grille had imperfections. I am attaching pictures of the same vehicle below.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4848.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4849.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4851.jpg

Thought I would find a lot of micro scratches here on the piano black panels, but the battery had been completely drained for a long time, so I guess people didn't bother to fiddle around.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4852.jpg

Overall fit and finish was better than I expected it to be.

On-Road Pricing for Accomplished AT 7str was at 32,44,338 and same but Accomplished+ at 34,33,864
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4853.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4858.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img_4859.jpg  

Last edited by hAwX : 4th November 2023 at 22:27.
hAwX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 09:56   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
I visited the showroom today which was 112 kilometres away from my home.
Great, When I visited there was one person called Prajapathi, who was quite helpful. He took my number and called once, but never followed up. Sales happen at the third or fourth follow-up .

Meanwhile, I took delivery of the first facelift Tata Safari in Trivandrum on Friday (Saturday drove it home). Here are some pictures.

All set:

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-21.jpg

Taking delivery. It was raining quite heavily in Trivandrum, but that didn't spoil the event. We were attended by Mr Kabir from Derik, who is quite a helpful person. Our requests for Friday unofficial delivery was also taken care of (auspicious day & time). Bought some presents for Kabir and Nithin who helped us throughout the booking process.
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-22.jpg

Tata Safari Facelift Accomplished+ 7S AT
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-18.jpg

Ready for Pooja next day:
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-17.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-15.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-19.jpg

I got the car at 44km on Odo (29KM while doing PDI) and I believe they have drove around 15km for checking. SO far drove around 120 km and still looking at various things. Will share a detailed report shortly.

Giving the car for paint protection work today - They have asked for 3 days to complete the process. Can't risk as this is a new color.

Last edited by spaceunicorn : 6th November 2023 at 09:58.
spaceunicorn is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 16:37   #187

Quote:
Meanwhile, I took delivery of the first facelift Tata Safari in Trivandrum on Friday (Saturday drove it home). Here are some pictures.
Wow, congratulations on your new car .Wishing you miles and miles of happy and safe driving in this beautiful beast. I have a question- how much time it took from initial booking to final delivery of the vehicle!
thebonedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 17:13   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Giving the car for paint protection work today - They have asked for 3 days to complete the process. Can't risk as this is a new color.
Congrats on your new car. Wishing you more smiles per miles.

I see you are also from TVM, have you given your car at Autowise for paint protection ? Saw a Safari in this very same color there.

Last edited by northstar* : 7th November 2023 at 17:14. Reason: Quote correction
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 17:50   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Congrats on your new car. Wishing you more smiles per miles.

I see you are also from TVM, have you given your car at Autowise for paint protection ? Saw a Safari in this very same color there.
Thank you! Yes, given at Autowise near Chakka Junction.
Old 8th November 2023, 00:08   #190

Same here, I was on the fence looking to see if the vehicle would be worth plonking close to Rs 30L. I reached out to Select motors Begumpet, Hyderabad and till now I have had 5 different people reach out over last 3 weeks asking when I was ready to book without even offering a test drive. Pissed me off to no end and I finally had to escalate and spoke to their Digital Sales Manager who unfortunately got a piece of my mind with this strategy, but the guy quoted he was helpless as there was no information or details provided on when test drives can commence and he is just following up on the instructions received from above! Tata Motors seems to be following F1 Ferrari team plans (or rather slow moving I would say because it seems to be a good product) on how to snatch defeat from Jaws of victory! (Pardon the pun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
This is kind off surprising, that Tata has launched the safari, announced the prices and dispatched display vehicles to showrooms, but not a single showroom in Hyderabad has a test drive vehicle ...
Does anyone from here test drove the car in their city?
Old 9th November 2023, 14:50   #191
BHPian

Got the car after paint protection work.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-24.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-25.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-26.jpg

Had around 250kms on the car. These are my observations (comparing mostly to my outgoing XUV500).

Comfortable seating: The driver and co-driver seats provide a good view of the road, even with the seat height set at a medium level. The car is wide compared to Xuv500 - but the 360 deg camera is an asset to park this one.

Durable interior: Despite initial concerns, the light-colored interior has held up well to the wear and tear of two young children till now.

Firm seats: The leatherette seats are initially firmer than the overly cushioned fabric seats in the XUV500, but they may soften over time.

Enforced seatbelt use: The seatbelt alarm is activated for all seats due to the presence of airbags, ensuring that all occupants are buckled up.

Left knee discomfort: The driver's left knee can occasionally bump against the dashboard, which was not an issue in the XUV500. Adjusting the seating position may help alleviate this problem.

Third-row AC bug: The third-row AC blower is turned on by default when the car starts. Attempting to switch it off from the central console and then back on results in a "Settings cannot be updated" error. To re-activate the third-row AC (once you have switched it off from the centre console), a passenger must physically enter the third row and use the rotary knob there. Or restart the car. This illogical restriction should be addressed through a software update.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-microsoftteamsimage-23.jpg

Boot opening: The boot can be opened using three methods: a touchscreen button, a key button, or a leg gesture. The touchscreen button is the most reliable, while the key button only works if the car is locked, and the key is outside the car. The leg gesture method is unpredictable and at times fail to recognize the user's movements.

Touch-only AC controls: AC blower adjustments are exclusively made through touchscreen controls on the dashboard. While this provides a modern aesthetic, it may hinder ease of use while driving, for those accustomed to physical buttons.

Adequate power: The Citi mode provides sufficient power for everyday driving, while Sports mode offers a noticeable boost in performance. The Eco mode effectively increases fuel consumption.

Initial fuel economy: During initial drives within the city, the car achieved an average fuel economy of 11.8 kmpl - mostly city mode. Eco and Sports used occasionally. Moderate to heavy traffic.

Seat Alignment - The front seat in XUV 500 is more centered towards the right side (means more space between drive and the central console. However, Safari has the steering (and so the seat) aligned to the left side (means there is a visible gap between driver and the door). This is quite evident while you try to keep your hand on the door handrest while driving - You may not find it comfortable to put your arm on the armrest on the door. This may be one of the reasons why the knee hits the central console. May be dependent on the person as well (I am 5'7" and a bit heavy).

Feature not yet available: I Have not yet got the irS app activated. The lane control (Steering automatically adjusting for lane) will be available in the next update.

Music System - NO words - but its superb!

Lighting - The mood lights dance with the music. Gets a feeling like you are in a pub or club

Panoramic Sunroof - Both blind and roof is controlled by one switch. You need to be careful not to push hard, which may open sunroof as well, not only the blind. Great features are - Sunroof automatically closes when it detects rain, when car is locked.

Boot Space - The seats are not flat - means, you may find lesser space compared to Harrier.

Middle row floor not flat - There is a bump on the middle row floor (XUV500 never had that).

ADAS - We tried the autobraking, adaptive cruise control etc. All worked fine and as expected. The car braked quite well using adas.

Will update more - as i am planning for a long drive this week end.
spaceunicorn is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 14:54   #192
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari & Harrier ADAS functions

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 10:23   #193

Dear TeamBHP family,

I just purchased a top end version of Tata Safari automatic and realized the engine oil leaking on second day.
Since then my car is with showroom and they are suggesting the whole engine assembly will be changed, its like changing the engine for the new car, which I have just run 40 kms.

I am requesting for the car to be changed as the car sold to me was defective, that too engine, the heart itself.

I don't know how to trust Make in India or be proud of our companies if this is what they bring to table, after taking in 31 lakh Rs.

Will be grateful for any support and suggestions for my fight with this.

Thank you !
320NmThunder is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 11:49   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
Dear TeamBHP family,

I just purchased a top end version of Tata Safari automatic and realized the engine oil leaking on second day.
Since then my car is with showroom and they are suggesting the whole engine assembly will be changed, its like changing the engine for the new car, which I have just run 40 kms.

I am requesting for the car to be changed as the car sold to me was defective, that too engine, the heart itself.

I don't know how to trust Make in India or be proud of our companies if this is what they bring to table, after taking in 31 lakh Rs.

Will be grateful for any support and suggestions for my fight with this.

Thank you !
That sounds terrifying and heartbreaking. No one expects these kinds of things in a new car, especially after paying 3 million. Was it the new facelift or the older version?

I think Tata will not replace the vehicle, which is sold, because its already registered in your name. What you can rightfully claim is a compensation for your mental torture of new car having mechanical issues plus the hardship and suffering caused to you.

Hope you get the car repaired to your satisfaction asap!

Last edited by Aditya : 12th November 2023 at 22:16. Reason: Word replaced
spaceunicorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 12:08   #195

Quote:
That sounds terrific and heartbreaking. No one expects these kinds of things in a new car, especially after paying 3 million. Was it the new facelift or the older version?

I think Tata will not replace the vehicle, which is sold, because its already registered in your name. What you can rightfully claim is a compensation for your mental torture of new car having mechanical issues plus the hardship and suffering caused to you.

Hope you get the car repaired to your satisfaction asap!
It is the new facelift, I wonder how can we trust the Make In India and these Indian companies..... they have policies to just safeguard themself and government support them. If the faulty product is being sold, it is like duping the customer and selling broken product as new.

Can TeamBHP publish it as a thread and support in highlighting this.... I want other friends to take a very cautious and informed decision while buying TATA cars.
320NmThunder is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks