Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2023, 16:02   #166
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

This is kind off surprising, that Tata has launched the safari, announced the prices and dispatched display vehicles to showrooms, but not a single showroom in Hyderabad has a test drive vehicle and most of the safari's I see are either cosmic gold or dark edition, none of other colors are on display. Not really sure of their marketing strategy, the buzz about the car will eventually dull down before they provide test drives or start of sales.

Does anyone from here test drove the car in their city?
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 20:07   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
This is kind off surprising, that Tata has launched the safari, announced the prices and dispatched display vehicles to showrooms, but not a single showroom in Hyderabad has a test drive vehicle and most of the safari's I see are either cosmic gold or dark edition, none of other colors are on display. Not really sure of their marketing strategy, the buzz about the car will eventually dull down before they provide test drives or start of sales.

I went to Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum, Kerala seeing a vehicle on display two days back. Unfortunately, no vehicle was available for a test-drive, but they promised to get me a test drive by this week. They said the delivery can be done in a month's time.
spaceunicorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 23:04   #168

Quote:
Surprisingly, even after booking there is no communication from the dealer regarding test drive. And today when I came back from work, saw a Dark Edition parked right next to my car. So deliveries have indeed commenced, but unavailability of test drive vehicles is baffling.
Old 31st October 2023, 08:14   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceunicorn View Post
I went to Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum, Kerala seeing a vehicle on display two days back. Unfortunately, no vehicle was available for a test-drive, but they promised to get me a test drive by this week. They said the delivery can be done in a month's time.
I was told same by dealer that in 6 weeks he can get it delivered. But he doesn't have any information on when test drive vehicle will be received by dealership. Generally most media drive cars end up as test drive vehicles, but the niggles in those cars were pointed out for poor quality control issues. So could be Tata is fixing before any test drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdive1985 View Post
Surprisingly, even after booking there is no communication from the dealer regarding test drive. And today when I came back from work, saw a Dark Edition parked right next to my car. So deliveries have indeed commenced, but unavailability of test drive vehicles is baffling.
I have seen few deliveries videos on YouTube in NCR region, but none from anywhere else. Looks like Tata rushed the launch to boost festive season sale with half baked product.
Old 31st October 2023, 20:29   #170
BHPian

Good news is that I am most probably getting delivery of the Safari (Cosmic Gold). Going for a PDI tomorrow. Will keep this group updated.
spaceunicorn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 22:31   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Good news is that I am most probably getting delivery of the Safari (Cosmic Gold). Going for a PDI tomorrow. Will keep this group updated.
Congrats mate! Keep us posted.

Just had a chat with my showroom executive where I booked, he mentioned the display vehicles were sold yesterday, both gold safari and yellow harrier. I am assuming the test drive vehicles or new sale vehicles are expected to be in showroom soon. As per him by Nov 5th he is expecting test drive vehicle.
Wakeupsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 08:15   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations mate. Wishing you awesome miles, full of smiles.
Old 1st November 2023, 15:37   #173
BHPian

This is Supernova copper color, posting it incase somebody is looking for it.
It does look ugly in my opinion, I would have preferred a red color like they provided in harrier. I am wondering who from Tata signed off on the color schemes for safari's.
Old 1st November 2023, 18:38   #174
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Any Tata owners here who service their vehicles in Thrissur, Kerala? Please let me know. Thanks
I service my Harrier at Hyson motors in Thrissur.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 21:30   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I service my Harrier at Hyson motors in Thrissur.
Hi ike, thanks for responding. I wanted to send you a PM but seems you are unable to receive or send PMs. Not sure if this is a settings issue.
Wanted to get a detailed feedback on Hyson servicing and how your experience has been, since I have booked the new Safari at their showroom.

If there is any way I could reach out to you privately, please let me know.
Many thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 22:22   #176
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post

If there is any way I could reach out to you privately, please let me know.
Many thanks
Congratulations on the safari.

Not sure why you aren't able to PM. Anyway hyson service has been ok so far. The people are usually friendly. I have an ownership thread here.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd November 2023 at 22:35. Reason: As requested
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 01:15   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by mementodriver View Post
But left knee rub issue is still there in new safari. I really hoped they would fix it.

Yeah, but they have tried to reduce it though.

I had booked new safari but when I learnt that they did not fix the issue completely and the clutch is not that well calibrated, I have booked XUV700 as well.

Still a bit skeptical which to buy as I am looking for manual only!
Old 2nd November 2023, 07:36   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Just got the price list shared by dealer near my place. Did not find any AT price getting posted, so posting it here. For reference this is for Hyderabad location.
I am just wondering why the Zero-Dep insurance for a 20L car is close to 1L - Say Safari Pure+? For a 10L car which I bought recently it was 30K. Looks like we need to do a lot of negotiation.

I suppose in AP, the Lifetime Road Tax is 14% and not 17%. Can somebody confirm?
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:49   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I am just wondering why the Zero-Dep insurance for a 20L car is close to 1L - Say Safari Pure+? For a 10L car which I bought recently it was 30K. Looks like we need to do a lot of negotiation.

I suppose in AP, the Lifetime Road Tax is 14% and not 17%. Can somebody confirm?
Insurance is one of the components where the Dealer can earn and hence is mostly jacked up by 30-40% than the market rates. It is always beneficial to take the Insurance from outside rather than from the dealer unless the dealer during negotiations agrees to match the market rates.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Insurance is one of the components where the Dealer can earn and hence is mostly jacked up by 30-40% than the market rates. It is always beneficial to take the Insurance from outside rather than from the dealer unless the dealer during negotiations agrees to match the market rates.
Insurance + accessories is where the dealers earn. You have to see the deal in totality. If you buy insurance from outside you might lose out on some discount on accessories in the overall deal. See as a combination what works out better for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks