Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2023, 22:20   #106
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

Was trying to looks for test drive video's for safari and came across this video of harrier test drive. Everything seemed normal untill I started to focus on the digital speedometer, looks like it froze and is showing 0kms/hr even when the vehicle is in motion. This makes me wonder if test drive vehicles are running pre-production software version. I have already booked a safari and these kind of issues (basic ones) doesn't inspire confidence.
Anyone else noticed these kind of bugs during their interaction.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 23:19   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
https://Youtu.be/MCUlRPmWvK0?si=vhzOPPl7pOvoropY

Was trying to looks for test drive video's for safari and came across this video of harrier test drive. Everything seemed normal untill I started to focus on the digital speedometer, looks like it froze and is showing 0kms/hr even when the vehicle is in motion. This makes me wonder if test drive vehicles are running pre-production software version. I have already booked a safari and these kind of issues (basic ones) doesn't inspire confidence.
Anyone else noticed these kind of bugs during their interaction.
There is a common practice among dealers to disconnect the speedo cables to avoid clocking miles on the odo of TD cars. Hopefully this is a case of that and not an actual issue. The fact that the other functions apart from the speedo work fine leads me to believe it is indeed the speedo cable that has been unplugged.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 01:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
There is a common practice among dealers to disconnect the speedo cables to avoid clocking miles on the odo of TD cars. Hopefully this is a case of that and not an actual issue. The fact that the other functions apart from the speedo work fine leads me to believe it is indeed the speedo cable that has been unplugged.
I understand with the 2 wheelers that being common, but with new generation vehicles, the electronic control modules are supposed to actually prevent these kind of practices, and its effectively violating homologation approvals of speedometer not showing correct speed when vehicle is in motion unless its a test mule, which in this case I don't think this test drive car qualifies for a test mule. If this is a workaround for dealers for tampering, then this is essentially similar to defeat devices that Volkswagen group used to cheat emissions.

But again setting legality aside, if what you say applies to this situation, then its a sigh of relief, else if its software issue then the PDI needs to be more thorough from buyer side.
Wakeupsid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:36   #109
BHPian

Okay after some research found out the interior combos for the Fearless + variants

Yellow exterior has Yellow interior
White exterior has Yellow interior
Grey exterior has Yellow interior
Red exterior has Black interior with White grab handles.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-red.jpg
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-red-2.jpg

I just hope Tata launches the Fearless variant with the Adventure brown interior. It looks sooo good.
deepjaju is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 12:49   #110
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have pictures as to how this will look?
Old 3rd November 2023, 13:48   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Okay after some research found out the interior combos for the Fearless + variants

Red exterior has Black interior with White grab handles.

Attachment 2524946
Attachment 2524945

I just hope Tata launches the Fearless variant with the Adventure brown interior. It looks sooo good.
Can't visualize a serious SUV with with yellow interiors. Can someone please share those images?

Also questioning the practicality of those white handles. In 2-3 years they will be black and white handles.

These Indian car makers have to learn that sometimes they try too hard to standout and end up making bad choices. Mahindra and Tata have both been guilty of it. That's something you would never see in a Japanese or German car.
Eleanor_Shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 15:58   #112
BHPian

Happened to drop into TATA showroom and look at the Sunlite yellow, loved the color but unfortunately TATA product line up does not have sun roof as Option, wanted Adventure +A (ADAS) without Sun roof. And all variants from Adventure come default with Sun roof, bummer....
Other observation, both Safari and Harrier do not get functional roof rails.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 09:17   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Sorry but I'd disagree here-I think it is more applicable for 2 wheelers. In my 20+ years of TD'ing several dozens of cars, I have never ever come across an instance where the speedo is disconnected. It would be absolutely nonsensical for car dealerships to do that where the customer doesn't know what speed he is driving at. I dont believe dealers can take such a risk , for example if the TD car meets with an accident in the process. I think this may be a bug, or if it is indeed tampering, it is just an odd case rather than the norm.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 21:56   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Sorry but I'd disagree here-I think it is more applicable for 2 wheelers. In my 20+ years of TD'ing several dozens of cars, I have never ever come across an instance where the speedo is disconnected.
I came across this practice many times in the past. Once I refused to take test drive of FIAT Punto because of this. Sales guy came to our office in a brand new Punto (it had all seat polythene covers) but speedo was disconnected. It was very clear that it was some customer's car. Imagine showroom using your brand new car as a test drive car before delivery.
Old 6th November 2023, 17:05   #115
BHPian

Here you go. Interiors with different body colors in the Top Fearless variants.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-white-color.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-grey-color.jpg

Yellow interior overall
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-yellow-interior.png

The only sole reason for me to not book is because of the Interior color theme. Don't want to be riding around in a 30L car where I would be sitting inside staring at the Yellow interior.

Last edited by deepjaju : 6th November 2023 at 17:07.
deepjaju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 21:04   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
The only sole reason for me to not book is because of the Interior color theme. Don't want to be riding around in a 30L car where I would be sitting inside staring at the Yellow interior.
The red colour in the fearless/fearless+ variants does not get the yellow interior. It gets a complete black dash with white green handles, as shared by someone in some of the previous posts.

The dark edition gets a black dash with some kind of Tristar pattern on it, whereas the red colour gets a complete black with a pearl-ish effect dashboard.
Karthik R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 08:24   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik R View Post
It gets a complete black dash with white green handles, as shared by someone in some of the previous posts.
I meant white green handles on the door and the centre console.
Old 7th November 2023, 10:31   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Sorry but I'd disagree here-I think it is more applicable for 2 wheelers. In my 20+ years of TD'ing several dozens of cars, I have never ever come across an instance where the speedo is disconnected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It was very clear that it was some customer's car. Imagine showroom using your brand new car as a test drive car before delivery.
Totally agree. I too had a similar experience when a reputed Hyundai dealer in Goa got a brand new Creta D AT for a TD, as they didn't have their own D AT Test-drive vehicle. Very sad state of affairs.
Old 7th November 2023, 16:44   #119
BHPian

Quote:
The red colour in the fearless/fearless+ variants does not get the yellow interior. It gets a complete black dash with white green handles, as shared by someone in some of the previous posts.

The dark edition gets a black dash with some kind of Tristar pattern on it, whereas the red colour gets a complete black with a pearl-ish effect dashboard.
I was the one who posted the images for the Red exterior color with White interior.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 16:46   #120
BHPian

Quote:

I was the one who posted the images for the Red exterior color with White interior.
What I meant is that the Safari interior for the top variant looks more luxurious than the Harrier Top Variant. If that theme was given an option it would have been awesome.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks