Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2024, 19:02   #331
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Which dealer is this. If you need I have contacts in Prathammalik. Discounts should not be clubbed with insurance discounts. Both are exclusive. When I showed external insurance, they themselves had reduced 50k from the insurance premium.
Both Select Motors and Venkataramana have quoted only ₹50k on Fearless variants. Can you PM me your contact in Prathammalik?
Old 26th August 2024, 08:04   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Hyderabad dealerships are still quoting discount of only ₹50k on Fearless and Fearless+ variants. The SA indicated they can provide discount of ₹40k-₹45k on inflated insurance price of ₹1,19,847 for Fearless+ AT.

Did you get total discount of ₹1.2lakh on on-road price including insurance purchase from dealer?
Hi Kgt, sorry for the delayed response, was not connected to the online world for the past few days.

Yes, I got a total discount of 1.2 lakhs on the ex-showroom price. It is provided by TATA, is what I heard.
Old 26th August 2024, 15:42   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

My nephew is struggling to pick one between Harrier and Safari - the key point is the interior color, at least that of the seats. Black is what he does not want. Any thoughts ?
Old 27th August 2024, 07:15   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
My nephew is struggling to pick one between Harrier and Safari - the key point is the interior color, at least that of the seats. Black is what he does not want. Any thoughts ?
One of the HARRIER models has greyish interiors I think. Unsure which model.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 21:32   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Harrier interior colors
  • Pure variants get greyish color fabric seats. Door pads and door armrest are in the same greyish color
  • Adventure and Fearless variants get leatherette black seats. Door pads and door armrest are black colored. The lower plastic part of all doors is tan brown

Safari interior colors
  • Pure variants have same interior color as Harrier.
  • Adventure variants get tan leatherette seats, tan door pads and tan door armrest.
  • Accomplished variants get oyster white leatherette seats, oyster white door pads and door armrest.

If he doesn’t want black seats then options are Harrier Pure+, Safari adventure+, Safari accomplished. The brown seats offered on Safari would have looked great in Harrier also.

Safari Adventure variant interior shots
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_8500.jpg
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_8501.jpg
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_8502.jpg

Safari Accomplished variant interior shots. Sorry for the glare and reflections in the snapshots below as I could not find a way to avoid the reflections
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_9186.jpg
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_9187.jpg

Last edited by kgt.v8 : 28th August 2024 at 21:40. Reason: Add attachments
kgt.v8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 07:57   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Hi Kgt, sorry for the delayed response, was not connected to the online world for the past few days.

Yes, I got a total discount of 1.2 lakhs on the ex-showroom price. It is provided by TATA, is what I heard.
I checked with again with Venkataramana and Select motors yesterday and both again said the discount is same (₹50k) as before for Fearless Harrier variants.
One of them showed note from TML dating 01-August indicating measly discount of ₹50k on Fearless and Fearless+ variants. Can you share break up of on road price if possible? Can you share if your salesperson shared any official note from TML indicating discount of₹1.2 lakh for Fearless

I may wait until next month to see if any further discounts come in.
Old 29th August 2024, 10:09   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I checked with again with Venkataramana and Select motors yesterday and both again said the discount is same (₹50k) as before for Fearless Harrier variants.
One of them showed note from TML dating 01-August indicating measly discount of ₹50k on Fearless and Fearless+ variants. Can you share break up of on road price if possible? Can you share if your salesperson shared any official note from TML indicating discount of₹1.2 lakh for Fearless
I do not have any mail from them about the discounts.

Quote:
may wait until next month to see if any further discounts come in.
It is good to wait, even i feel there may be discounts for Gowri Ganesha/Diwali, etc. But at some point, one should to take a call and buy.

If one is waiting until September, then it makes sense to wait until November/December to get the year-end discounts and probably freebies.

Yes, the advantage is saving money and TATA may fine tune any minor/major niggles that they deem fit.

Last edited by deadguy25 : 29th August 2024 at 10:33.
Old 29th August 2024, 12:05   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
I do not have any mail from them about the discounts.

It is good to wait, even i feel there may be discounts for Gowri Ganesha/Diwali, etc. But at some point, one should to take a call and buy.

If one is waiting until September, then it makes sense to wait until November/December to get the year-end discounts and probably freebies.

Yes, the advantage is saving money and TATA may fine tune any minor/major niggles that they deem fit.
The facelifted Harrier will be 1 year old by October, and I am expecting some of the issues to be fixed by October or November. Tata has not been great in offering discounts to move old stocks fast and dealers are not budging either for Adventure or Fearless variants . The dealers were offering mediocre ₹1lakh discount on pre-facelift Oct-2023 manufactured Safari in March-2024 to me.

There are some quality issues reported by @alphamike_1612 in Safari ownership thread which are alarming for a new car.
List of issues or concerns reported are making me think hard before taking a decision to go with Harrier or Safari.
  • Radio reception issue.
  • Paint quality issues.
  • Rust showing on some parts. Some parts on engine of my Hexa also show rust and the engine still runs fine. It still makes me concerned to see rusting part inside engine bay and if it would need replacement all of a sudden.
  • Lane Keep Assist (LKA) still not available after close to 1 year since launch. LKA will definitely ease some of my driving as I travel on ORR and on long trips to North where highways have lane markings.
Old 30th August 2024, 00:04   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I own a pre facelift model and my experience with owning the Harrier has been nothing short but superb. Nil issues, service centre experience has been good. I have been spending around 15k on annual service charges which is very good for a SUV of this size. Never have been stranded on the road uptil now.

I would suggest to go for the Harrier with full confidence.
Thank you for your suggestion @ghodlur. For now, me and my family have decided to postpone the purchase to November. On a positive note, more time to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Few things to lookout for.

1. The left knee hitting the dashboard is a major issue in the pre facelift model. No matter what driving position I try, it just doesn't feel comfortable. Constant backache is a given, for me.
2. The seat width is smaller, the gap between the door armrest and your regular resting place for the elbow is bigger, making it difficult to access.
3. The center armrest doesn't move forward and is fixed, so unless you are the right height, that becomes useless as well.
4. Wind noise above 50kmpl. There is no solution to this and spoils the fun of highway drives. This car can munch miles, however the in car dynamics are not sorted.
5. Minor one - The window beading causes the glass to rattle. Needs to be sprayed with a silicon lube regularly to keep it silent.

My suggestion - Please take an extended test drive before you finalize. I could not make out the issues with the seat and dashboard during my short test drives. This should be across a highway and some bad roads as well. If required, pay for the diesel so that they don't have issues with longer test drives. Even better, if you can borrow a friends car and drive it around for a day or two.

Thanks for your suggestions @dass . I test drove the Harrier and I was so engrossed in driving this machine that I forgot to check the knee issue however I don't remember feeling discomfort at any point of time. I was comfortable, however I will check for this in a test-drive again because I was enjoying the drive so much that I might have missed it. Also this test drive was short 20-30 mins and I liked the overall comfort on offer.

Unfortunately, none of my friends or relatives have the Harrier or Safari so don't have access to people reviews.

A question to people based out of Delhi NCR and running Tata, where did you buy your car from and do you face issues related to service? Any leads on good service centers?
Old 30th August 2024, 11:27   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handfulsteer View Post

Thanks for your suggestions @dass . I test drove the Harrier and I was so engrossed in driving this machine that I forgot to check the knee issue however I don't remember feeling discomfort at any point of time. I was comfortable, however I will check for this in a test-drive again because I was enjoying the drive so much that I might have missed it.
The exact same thing happened with me as well, and hence the suggestion for a longer TD. I was also pretty engrossed in the TD plus the SA was explaining the features that I never felt the knee issue Only when I got the car and then started driving regularly did I start noticing this issue. Having said this, there are a lot of people who do not find this to be an issue, so don't let what I say influence your decision.
Old 7th September 2024, 16:46   #341
BHPian

Hello guys. Need some advice on the following:

1. Can I upgrade my 2021 Harrier infotainment system to the latest one available on the facelifted edition ? If yes then how much I have to shell out for it ?

2. Can I upgrade to EPS from HPS ? How much this will cost ?

3. Saw 19 inch alloys on the facelifted dark edition. Any idea how much they are worth ? I see that 19 inch alloys are wider 245/55 R19 compared to my existing 235/65 R17 stock tryes. Any issues with offset or sidewall ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th September 2024, 21:00   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
Hello guys. Need some advice on the following:

1. Can I upgrade my 2021 Harrier infotainment system to the latest one available on the facelifted edition ? If yes then how much I have to shell out for it ?

2. Can I upgrade to EPS from HPS ? How much this will cost ?
Simple answer is NO.
You can't change all these modern infotainments with CANBUS and connected tech without losing on warranty and many crucial functionalities.
Atleast for the infotainment you could use some alternative methods, but steering conversion is next to impossible IMO.
dieselteen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 22:33   #343
BHPian

Friends,

After 15 years of Petrol, time to shift to Diesel as overall runs have increased with good blend of city (~ 40%) & highway (~60%).

My MG Hector DCT (2020 BS6) clocked 40K , closing in on 5th service soon, has started showing lot of issues.
Engine has become nosier, Low RPM pick up and Mileage has gone from bad to worse, squeaks etc from certain areas, perhaps clear signs to move on.

Comfortable with 25-35L OTR bracket, we tried a few options. No Sedans or HBs
Safety, Mileage, Comfort, Boots pace (esp being spoiled by the 580L in Hector), Essential Features & Diesel - some of the key parameters

XUV 700 : Good well tuned engine, Nice space. But did not like the interiors, esp in white. And those DRLs!

New Alcazar : Checks most boxes but doesn't excite anywhere. Still not tested & tried. We didn't like the interior color at all. Diesel doesn't have any power.

Harrier : Loved the 2024 look better than previous one. Checks many boxes and excite in some of them too. More closer to our use case. Boot is smaller than our outgoing Hector. And infamous Service woes.

Safari : We don't need the third row, but folding 3rd row - does it give an advantage over Harrier on boot space?

Also checked out Grand Vitara & Innova Hycross. Didn't like either.

So given our case, we're leaning on to Tata, probably Harrier top variant.

Any suggestions/flags ?

Best!
Old 18th September 2024, 18:36   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
Safari : We don't need the third row, but folding 3rd row - does it give an advantage over Harrier on boot space?
I think you have already answered your question here. You find the boot of the Harrier small and don't need the last row of the Safari. In that case, you can get the Safari and use it's large boot by folding the third row. Additionally, you will have the option to accommodate a couple more people if needed.

For the Alcazar, I found the middle row a bit cramped, so do check it out if you go for a test drive.
It's Magic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2024, 13:52   #345
BHPian

We did a thorough TD of Safari AT

- Coming from Hector, the noise and grunt was a bit bothersome, but understand thats a bit typical of Diesel
- It did feel heavy in the city & traffic, though drivability and navigating wasn't a challenge. But it did feel that I'm driving a huge car
- The rear AC has issues. the middle guy will struggle. We checked a couple of cars ready for delivery as well, but wasn't satisfied. Turning on the rear row AC was more of a jugaad.
- Boot size is good to our use case. But when folded, has a significant slant. And for the 7 seater , the 2nd row tumbles up, which creates lot of crevices.
- Fit and Finish quality wasn't uplifting, but thats a know info we were aware.

For some reason Harrier looked more sorted - design wise, stance wise..price difference is small, but boot space wasn't checking our box

Overall it wasn't a great experience. We were still discussing Harrier vs Safari at the showroom.

And then the Curvv EV at the far end caught our attention ....(to be contd!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks