Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2024, 09:39   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

Mine is a pre facelift Harrier and my biggest nightmare is slowly spooking me. I have started hearing the infamous Tata growl in the engine, the same one I used to hear in the Indicas and Indigos. This is heard distinctly more so in the idling time. Once the engine rpm is raised to more than 1500 it is not heard. What could be the reason?

My running unfortunately is low with only 18k kms on odo for a 2.5 yrs old car, the last servicing was done in Dec 2023 and next one still 4 months away.
Old 9th August 2024, 18:10   #317

Hi ,

I have a Harrier fearless AT 6 months old. I am facing 2 issues of which I found a solution for one but not the 2nd. Before going to the showroom want to know if anyone else has faced this and is there a simple fix to it.

Issue 1 ( for which I found a solution online )
Media unit was freezing and was taking a complete day to unfreeze.
Solution :- Press the mute button on steering for 10 sec, then press blue tooth on steering for 10 sec. This will reset the media unit. Next power off and keep the door open for 15 secs. Close the door , power on and the media unit starts working.

Issue 2
Panoramic sunroof doesn't close. The glass panel rolls till the air deflector and rolls back as if it has detected something. Only option to close it is to keep on step wise pushing the close button so it closes. Even after locking the car the glass panel tries to close but rolls back again.
Any help on this would be great.
Sushantw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 14:02   #318
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcontessafan View Post
2. The connected LED DRLs at front did not appeal to both of us (Is there a way to turn it off through the car-app or anyone done it after market?)
There is no way to turn it off and the only option is to remove the connection. Checked this at the showroom and this light in the night looks odd.
vdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 23:37   #319

I am in the market for a new car. The choice really is between two, XUV700 AX7L DSL AT/MT OR Harrier Fearless DT AT. I have heard of some really crazy service center experiences. I am looking for advise from Harrier pre and facelift owners on the kind of issues they have experienced so far. I am expecting issues in both of these cars but I would rather that these issues are small comfort inconveniences rather than stranding me on the road. It would also be helpful if they can point out how their experience has been with the service centers and what their average service costs have been. If it helps I am based out of Delhi NCR. My family and me included absolutely adore the Harrier but these issues are making me second guess my choice. Thanks for reading.
Old 13th August 2024, 07:48   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handfulsteer View Post
I am looking for advise from Harrier pre and facelift owners on the kind of issues they have experienced so far.

It would also be helpful if they can point out how their experience has been with the service centers and what their average service costs have been.
I own a pre facelift model and my experience with owning the Harrier has been nothing short but superb. Nil issues, service centre experience has been good. I have been spending around 15k on annual service charges which is very good for a SUV of this size. Never have been stranded on the road uptil now.

I would suggest to go for the Harrier with full confidence.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:22   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handfulsteer View Post
I have heard of some really crazy service center experiences. I am looking for advise from Harrier pre and facelift owners on the kind of issues they have experienced so far.
Few things to lookout for.

1. The left knee hitting the dashboard is a major issue in the pre facelift model. No matter what driving position I try, it just doesn't feel comfortable. Constant backache is a given, for me.
2. The seat width is smaller, the gap between the door armrest and your regular resting place for the elbow is bigger, making it difficult to access.
3. The center armrest doesn't move forward and is fixed, so unless you are the right height, that becomes useless as well.
4. Wind noise above 50kmpl. There is no solution to this and spoils the fun of highway drives. This car can munch miles, however the in car dynamics are not sorted.
5. Minor one - The window beading causes the glass to rattle. Needs to be sprayed with a silicon lube regularly to keep it silent.

My suggestion - Please take an extended test drive before you finalize. I could not make out the issues with the seat and dashboard during my short test drives. This should be across a highway and some bad roads as well. If required, pay for the diesel so that they don't have issues with longer test drives. Even better, if you can borrow a friends car and drive it around for a day or two.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 10:25   #322
BHPian

@NPV and @Sajands - thank you for the initial pointers.

I booked the Harrier FEARLESS+ AT DT (White) yesterday. It was at Prerana motors near BTM Layout.

The delivery is approximately in 2 - 3 weeks.

Please let me know what I should be checking in the PDI. I have the one that is here on the website. Apart from that, should we look for anything in particular during the PDI for the HARRIER?

Is it good to check the car in the dealer's yard as soon as it is available, before it is brought to the showroom for delivery?
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 10:34   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
@NPV and @Sajands - thank you for the initial pointers.

I booked the Harrier FEARLESS+ AT DT (White) yesterday. It was at Prerana motors near BTM Layout.

Congratulation

Will send you a DM.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 11:43   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Congratulation

Will send you a DM.
Thank you Sajan responded to the DM. Will call you .
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 11:48   #325
BHPian

Quote:

Please let me know what I should be checking in the PDI. I have the one that is here on the website. Apart from that, should we look for anything in particular during the PDI for the HARRIER?

Is it good to check the car in the dealer's yard as soon as it is available, before it is brought to the showroom for delivery?
Congrats on your booking.
Did you book online or directly via dealership?
Is the discount amount still ₹50k for Fearless variant this month?

1) Ask dealer to share VIN as soon as the car is billed
2) You can get PDI done at the stockyard if dealer is okay with it. Stockyard has more space and if it is well lit then you can take your own time to complete PDI. You can take a short drive from stockyard and note the kms on the odometer during PDI time and at delivery time.
3) Ask dealer to share image of the car as soon as it reaches their stockyard. Recently I got to know that Harrier and Safari ship with protective white cover on side panels and bonnet. This would help you confirm that the car is fresh from factory and was not lying around with the dealership.
4) Check for panel gaps, fogging in rear tail lamps
5) You can use Zekardo for PDI if dealership agrees to PDI in stockyard
kgt.v8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 15:16   #326
BHPian

@sajands - thank you for the tips and the detailed list for the PDI .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Congrats on your booking.
Did you book online or directly via dealership?
Is the discount amount still ₹50k for Fearless variant this month?
Thank you

I booked it through a dealer - Prerana Motors. The discount increased to INR 120,000. This rate is now flat across models for HARRIER, effective from 16th August 2024.

Thank you for the PDI list, helps a ton.
deadguy25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 15:22   #327
BHPian

Harrier facelift owners, what is the scene with regards to service and reliability in the MY24 models?

Family is considering the Harrier as a potential replacement for the backrows. But the service stories are scaring us so some details for the same would be cool. We are looking at Pure Plus persona for context.
funnysaltbrick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 16:22   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnysaltbrick View Post
Harrier facelift owners, what is the scene with regards to service and reliability in the MY24 models?

Family is considering the Harrier as a potential replacement for the backrows. But the service stories are scaring us so some details for the same would be cool. We are looking at Pure Plus persona for context.
Hi funnysaltbrick

My Adventure plus with ADAS Harrier just completed it's 2nd service 2 days back.

Right from booking, PDI, pre delivery PDI and post delivery I have no complaints in terms of ownership or service. Happy with my choice.
sajands is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 21:40   #329
BHPian

Quote:
I booked it through a dealer - Prerana Motors. The discount increased to INR 120,000. This rate is now flat across models for HARRIER, effective from 16th August.
Hyderabad dealerships are still quoting discount of only ₹50k on Fearless and Fearless+ variants. The SA indicated they can provide discount of ₹40k-₹45k on inflated insurance price of ₹1,19,847 for Fearless+ AT.

Did you get total discount of ₹1.2lakh on on-road price including insurance purchase from dealer?
Old 23rd August 2024, 16:37   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Hyderabad dealerships are still quoting discount of only ₹50k on Fearless and Fearless+ variants. The SA indicated they can provide discount of ₹40k-₹45k on inflated insurance price of ₹1,19,847 for Fearless+ AT.

Did you get total discount of ₹1.2lakh on on-road price including insurance purchase from dealer?
Which dealer is this. If you need I have contacts in Prathammalik. Discounts should not be clubbed with insurance discounts. Both are exclusive. When I showed external insurance, they themselves had reduced 50k from the insurance premium.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks