Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 15:59   #166
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

We are into the 4th day of 2024, surprised to see this thread hasn't moved from 30th Dec, does this mean lack interest of people to even discuss Harrier?

I was eagerly waiting to hear from the owners who got delivery of new Harrier and the prospects brain storming the idea of buying this expensive diesel only SUV in between growing concerns on pollution and related environment hazards.
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:07   #167
Kln
BHPian

Seeing very few new harriers on road. Some safaris, yes, but not harriers. What is going on with Tata? Delivery schedules disrupted?
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:19   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
We are into the 4th day of 2024, surprised to see this thread hasn't moved from 30th Dec, does this mean lack interest of people to even discuss Harrier?

I was eagerly waiting to hear from the owners who got delivery of new Harrier and the prospects brain storming the idea of buying this expensive diesel only SUV in between growing concerns on pollution and related environment hazards.
My channel checks suggested that for every one Harrier, this time Tata is getting requests for 2 Safaris. Maybe because of design changes at the front. Also, not many people have got used to the vibrant signature yellow colour of Harrier. Personally, I think Harrier continues to sell well and its more a delayed delivery issue. Bear in mind that there were no discounts on new models in December and most of the deliveries will now happen in January.
prompt.ankitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 17:15   #169
Senior - BHPian

The harrier is readiiy available for delivery in NCR. I was contemplating one before finalising Scorpio N. The issue is that if one checks social media, new Harriers and Safaris are plagued with electrical issues. that full touch control panel given me nightmares because if the touch interface goes kaput, you will not be able to access any feature of the car. It looks awesome, but is very impractical to live with on a daily basis.

Maybe there are more people who think like me and hence the Harrier is not evoking the kind of interest it should have given how awesome it looks.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:22   #170
BANNED

Got my new Tata Harrier in the last week of Dec. Got the dark edition. The projector lights suck. The Auto mode of the lights are just too bad. Tried driving on western ghats, Found the lights really to be in adequate. ON the front side on a top end vehicle, there are many sensors and have very few aux light mounts.

Have any one added aux lights to safari or harrier ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Did you drive the Harrier with 18 and 19" wheels back to back? I'm hearing it for the first time that a lower profile tyre was more comfortable, can you please elaborate as to what exactly was different in the ride quality in both the cars?

And what has the wheelbase got to do with the tyre size? isn't it going to remain same.
Yes, I happened to drive my Dark edition top end manual, vs the Adventure edition manual variant, top end is 19 inch and the adventure is smaller. On road humps the Black beast took on it a lot easier as compared to the mid variant with a lot less roll

Here is 1st glimpse of my beast
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231222-19.17.19_af908a2d.jpg  

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231222-19.17.19_b2163e7e.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 5th January 2024 at 14:55. Reason: Multiple typos.
raghu_gg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:33   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_gg View Post
Got my new Tata Harrier in the last week of Dec. Got the dark edition. The projector lights suck. The Auto mode of the lights are just too bad. Tried driving on western ghats, Found the lights really to be in adequate. ON the front side on a top end vehicle, there are many sensors and have very few aux light mounts.
Congrats on the dark Harrier. Tata somehow could not get the head lights correct in the facelift too. They should have learned from the pre facelift owner's complains and rants but they chose to ignore.

One of my wishlist was to see the Tata logo illuminated in the dark variants. But I don't think Tata would even think about it.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:32   #172
BANNED

Few initial outlooks and reviews....
run for over 1000 kms now, Mileage in the city as per the cluster is ~10 kms. And on Highways including that of Ghat sections was 15kms with AC.

Seating comfort, Way better than Mahindra and MG for Driver and Co-Driver seats.
Got the PPF done. Day one delivery the vehicle had aberrations of paint, But after detailing the looks are stunning.

Got the Fog lamps added, Azoom TH 01 AUXILIARY LIGHT. They are better than stocks, but in-adequate on Hilly terrain. Any suggestions are welcome. How is Hella black magic ? How about mounting options ??? the front grill is filled with ADAS sensors / Radar / thermal sensors etc. Added aux lights on number plate with a hella mount, but since light is inadequate i still need to find a better option

Got IRA enabled after 2 weeks of delivery, New to Geo fencing, but currently exploring more. So far satisfied with UI of TATA IRA app.

Nit picks : Vehicle's seat belt of 2nd row did not work and found that at the time of delivery, but show room replaced it after highlighting it, had several PDI issues such as small paint erosion in 2 places, Back tray had thread support missing which showroom rectified it. Have front suspension noise, and showroom has promised to fix that as well.
raghu_gg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 07:36   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post

I was eagerly waiting to hear from the owners who got delivery of new Harrier
Almost everyone would be busy with Christmas, New Year, Vacation. I was busy with family visiting and enjoying driving it for the past 2 weeks. Almost nearing 1k on the Odo. It's a BEAST. All features work as advertised. Used the ADAS on the ring road for a 40km trip to the airport and did not have to touch the pedals even once.

Yesterday after a wash at 3M.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240106_094702.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
Seeing very few new harriers on road. Some safaris, yes, but not harriers. What is going on with Tata? Delivery schedules disrupted?
Whites, Dark, Grey and the signature colors may be available at bigger dealers instantly. The production is shut for maintenance from 25th Dec to 5th Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
that full touch control panel given me nightmares because if the touch interface goes kaput, you will not be able to access any feature of the car. It looks awesome, but is very impractical to live with on a daily basis.
That's a generalization. The entire system can be operated via the 12 inch touch screen or also the new touch panel below and is absolutely handy once one gets used to. It's the same like transitioning from a Nokia to iPhone. Moreover there is an option to do a Factory reset and a hard reboot for minor issues. Used the touch button to activate 360 camera on tight turns and was able to drive with ease in many cases. The SUV is a hoot to drive. Eats up bad roads like a piece of cake.

Specially the new EPS is buttery. Recently due to some road closures in the city we had to take a u-turn through a narrow path. Had a Hector and Scorpio N in front. Both struggled to take the turn in one go whereas our Harrier did it in one go with the help of the 360 camera 📸
gauravdgr8 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:00   #174
BHPian

While the Initial ownership review will take sometime to be uploaded, here are the pics post the PPF application.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_174035.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-screenshot_20240110_202518_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_173938.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_173931.jpg
gauravdgr8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 10:29   #175
BHPian

Yesterday's trip mileage

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240114_093135.jpg
gauravdgr8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 10:47   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

A question for others on the forum. Has anyone laid their hands on the Coral Red facelifted Harrier?

So what's the status of your Red Beast? I was on the fence with Pebble Grey and Coral Red. But having received no feedback on how the red looks hands-on and only 3 videos of the same car/same showroom available on YouTube, so I decided to go ahead with Pebble Grey. Seemed like a safer bet to me.

Would love to see the real life images of your Coral Red.

MOD NOTE : SMS Language.
Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. You are requested to go through Posting Etiquette before making any new post.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th January 2024 at 10:55. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 14th January 2024, 11:15   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham_roadster View Post
So what's the status of your Red Beast?

Would love to see the real life images of your Coral Red.

MOD NOTE : SMS Language.
Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. You are requested to go through Posting Etiquette before making any new post.
Red is better than the Grey. Here are some pics. All but the last are after PPF. Hope you like them and change your choice

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240112_212859.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_174035.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_173938.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_173931.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-screenshot_20240114_110806_gallery.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_174124.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_175712.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20240110_175705.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-20231225_175222.jpg
gauravdgr8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 11:20   #178

Wow! What a beauty red is!! But too late for me to change my colour preference. Already booked and vehicle likely to be allotted in a day or two. Hopefully won't regret the colour choice.
Sham_roadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 19:11   #179
BHPian

Harrier ADV+ Dark AT Ownership Review - 5000 KMs

A bit of a background about me , I am an engineering student in Karnataka ,a long way from home in gurgaon and I have done only about 800-900 kms of the 5000. This car is primarily driven by my mother on her daily 40 km commute. I always thought that I'll start making posts on Team BHP when I grow up, start earning and buying cars myself but since Diesels/Petrols are dying and EVs will take over when I become 23-24 years old , I thought I'll express my enthusiasm in this post.

Purchase Decision:

The objective was to replace our 2017 Duster petrol CVT which was starting to feel really sluggish due to the uninspiring 1.5 H4K producing only 105 ps of power and the heavy hydraulic steering which was a chore to manoeuvre, so in-spite of having only 30k on the ODO we decided it was time to move on. We used to take our Verna on long routes, but the lack of rear space and repeated alignment/suspension issues due to the bad roads on my mother's daily commute was becoming an issue , so we needed a big automatic powerful SUV , preferably petrol, to take its place.

Options considered -

1) XUV 700 - A great and well sorted car with amazing engines which are certainly a cut above the Harrier/Safari powertrain.
However the interiors felt cheap with a lot of plasticky bits along with the weird vaneer treatment on the doors , Harrier's black interior in the dark trim felt much better. The wacky DRLs, the dull-looking rear and side profile meant that it was dropped. Basically we didn't get that wow factor we were looking for. It only had the availability of an amazing petrol engine which is favorable in NCR going for it

2) MG Hector - It had an amazing cabin , amazing NVH. However all of 3 us were spoiled by the Verna's amazing pickup and the Hector CVT was quite sluggish and not fun to drive at all. Our sole reason for upgrading from the duster was its lackluster powertrain so hector was dropped. An automatic was must so we didn't consider the diesel

3) Alcazar - Great interiors , good 1.5 turbo petrol + DCT combo. However we were a bit turned off by its subdued styling although I can understand its appeal. It looks timeless, especially from the rear. The interiors were also fab. But dad didn't like it due to its more MPV-like stance , so it was dropped

4) Safari - Being a family of only 3 ,with our cars being driven with only 1 person inside 90% of the time turned us off a 7-seater. There was no need to compromise on the second row comfort (Safari seats feel upright and less supportive than the Harrier) and design (Harrier's sloping roofline looked more appealing).

5) Harrier - We had test driven the pre facelift Harrier. We were immediately in love with its design and plush black interiors with a black roof liner, just how I like it, however, the heavy hydraulic steering was not liked by my mother, which was the same as the Duster , so it didn't make sense for us to upgrade at the time. We thought that Verna will suffice for now and set our sights on the facelift.
The facelift came, and it was test driven by my parents because I was back in Karnataka due to college. They fell in love , there was almost nothing wrong to point out in the facelifted harrier. My mom described the EPS as a hot knife through butter. It was done and the Harrier Fearless Dark AT was booked. We got allotted a bad unit which I mentioned in these posts ,so we rejected it

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0id2003 View Post
Yeah , here are a couple of photos I took of the fearless harrier I rejected. I think its easier to bring up fit and finish rather than having good finshing but bad build overall which is no the case here , my harrier feels very strong and rugged. Lets hope that Tata can resolve these issues quick.
We went with the Adventure + trim which was in stock at the time and had almost everything we needed -
Quote:
Got my Harrier Adventure + Dark AT trim about 2 weeks back. Seemed liked the most vfm trim with all of the look and feel of the top trim + many feel good features I wanted like a panaromic sunroof , leather upholestry , 360 camera , 19 inch alloys but I wanted to specify a couple of omissions that they dont mention in the brochure

1) Passenger side vanity mirror which was very surprising , a 27 lakh car without a vanity mirror is a crime in my opinion. The fearless trim gets it.

2) Auto dimming IRVM

Tata should definitely mention the omission of these 2 things in the brochure , moreover they should start providing these basic things. Other than that this variant mainly missed out on 2 tweeters and a subwoofer , Electric seats with ventilation , a bigger screen( Same features on both the 10.25 and the 12 inch screen except for the jbl modes) , the swipe indicators with the quirky unlock animation and dual zone climate control which is actually a plus for me since I hated the touch control for the fan on this variant. I like having physical controls for temperature and fan both with the adventure trim gets.

I got this variant @ 26.94 lakh on road , the fearless dark AT trim was costing me 28.76 lakh on road , both in gurgaon. I had booked the fearless variant first but on the day of PDI it had a lot of issues - the roof lining was broken , it was hanging down , the harrier badge had the H missing ,the door rubber seals were not done properly and the tailgate was about installed 1-2 cm inside comapred to the body , so the tail lights were not flush. A lot of new harriers are having tailgate alignment and roof + door seal issues. The dealer had an Adventure + dark AT in stock so I went with it.

Will share more once I reach 1000 kms with this beast , here is a photo with it on the day on delivery.
I like that this variant had the look and feel of the top trim and a savings of 2.3 lakhs which will be used towards a better audio system

Now moving onto the crux of the matter , I have divided my experience into the pros and cons

Cons/Issues faced first:

1) In all our excitement, we didn't realise that Tata doesn't even give a vanity mirror on any sun visor in the Adventure+ trim, which is shocking.

2) Glitchy Infotainment system - I did see this coming , its a Tata afterall. Sometimes the turn signal + speed alert + seatbelt warning sounds stop working. This is very common , I did get the software updated but its still there.

3) I don't know if anyone has experienced this or not but the turn signals don't sound rhythmic at all to me on all Harriers/Safaris. They sound out of sync ,like the time period in between blinks is not uniform.

4) Steering seems slightly off center to me while driving straight

Now onto the pros

1) I really love how it looks. The stylish design makes up for any issues I've had. Every time I get out of the car, I can't help but look back at it. It has that feel-good vibe we were after. It turns heads everywhere I go and I have had people come up and chat about it. This is something I would've never experienced if we had bought another XUV in a sea of XUVs in NCR.

2) The mileage is simply stellar. 12-13 kmpl in the city , 17-19 kmpl on the highway is mind boggling to us.

3) I felt that after we booked the Harrier I would always regret not having a stonking motor of a XUV but to my surprise sports mode feels amazing. The pull is instant and the paddle shifters feel great ( I have been watching F1 since 2012 when I was in 4th grade , I always wanted a set of those in my car)

4) Surprisingly good NVH. Going 110-120 in our Verna felt like 110-120 due to the wind and tire noise. However 110-120 feels like 80-90 here due to the excellent insulation. The engine is very silent in city conditions as well.

5) The interior - I am a big fan of black interiors coupled with black roof liners. The door frames are thick and the dashboard is huge. The door handles feel chunky. I really like the cozy , protected feeling I get in this cabin. Sure, it's not as airy as beige interiors in cars like the XUV, but the panoramic sun roof makes up for it. It feels like I am sitting in a tank

In spite of all this I would still recommend the XUV , it is the better car.

I know that buying a Diesel product in NCR without long-distance running in NCR is stupidity, buying a first lot Tata product is also stupidity but that feeling of excitement everytime I get I behind the Harrier's wheel and when I look back and glance at it is something only the Harrier gives. You only live once , so we chose a car that we all loved and not something that's sensible and reliable. Lets enjoy the Diesels till they last.

Here are a few shots I took of the beast and I would also love to get some audio upgrade recommendations , since this trim doesn't get the JBL audio system
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240117-18.43.17_9ee4327d.jpg  

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240117-18.43.16_af05f7af.jpg  

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240117-18.43.17_fad7b188.jpg  

V0id2003 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 20:04   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Harrier ADV+ Dark AT Ownership Review - 5000 KMs

2) Glitchy Infotainment system - I did see this coming , its a Tata afterall. Sometimes the turn signal + speed alert + seatbelt warning sounds stop working. This is very common , I did get the software updated but its still there.
Congratulations on your Dark beast Perfect color.

Did you check with service and a hard or soft reset help? sorry asking such questions usually reset should work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks