Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 08:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite AMT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No doubt that the Magnite is well-priced for what it offers. This AMT variant is a lot of car for the money.
Nice observations. Magnite is definitely a worthy contender in a market obsessed with good looking crossovers. But the talking point remains its turbo engine + CVT combination, which separates it from the sea of AMTs at its price point. On the other hand, someone with a tight budget willing to live with the AMT will be naturally more inclined towards the Exter, Punch, etc. is what I think.

Quote:
Here's a small usability failure - The Magnite gets cheap 1980s-style stalks on the door for locking / unlocking. In an ideal world, you would never have to use them, but this car doesn't have auto-locking when you start driving or auto-unlocking when you switch off the car.
There is a button above the air-con controls that needs to be long pressed to activate speed-sensing door locks. It must have been disabled in your test car. With this feature enabled, doors also auto-unlock when the engine is turned off.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 08:56   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This AMT variant is a lot of car for the money.
Would you recommend this car over a Wagon R AMT or a Tata Punch AMT, for retired parents (65-ish)with minimal 500 km/month usage?
Old 23rd May 2024, 10:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Would you recommend this car over a Wagon R AMT or a Tata Punch AMT, for retired parents (65-ish)with minimal 500 km/month usage?
My preference would be Punch AMT.
Old 24th May 2024, 12:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The graring is short and boy, this car can pull 7 people and luggage easily uphill, and pick up a lot faster than I imagined a 70 HP 1.0 NA engine can ever do.
The same however cannot be said about the AMT version. I have seen it stalling many times on steep slopes. I guess manual is the version to go for in the Triber.

Also contrary to what many people think horsepower does not matter that much in slope climbing. It is the gearing and the torque curve. Case in point the old 63 BHP DI boleros are masters of slope climbing.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 15:03   #50

I have the Kiger RXZ AMT which comes with the 1.0 NA.

It does feel slower than the tiago AMT we had (a lot slower than the Q3 DCT TDI).

It has horrible mileage as well. In traffic with AC I get around 9kmpl with lesser traffic its fine 11 ish. Highways give you 15-16kmpl. Using the Manual mode makes the drivability and mileage better.

The material quality in the car is poor.

But, The car is a really really good city car. Bought it over the Punch. The interoir might feel bad to touch but it's layout is really good.

The car is supremely comfortable and is built well. Everything works the suspension is nice. For me 6'3" the space on offer is really good. Driving position is really comfortable. Have even taken it on longer drives and it is fine. Sound insulation isn't the best. Given the desicion ill buy this car again, maybe with the turbo CVT. Have driven 12k kms its 1.5 years old as of now. Also it looks really good. Paint quality isn't the best though.
ruskyhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 15:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
I would suggest selecting either the Wagon R AMT or the TATA Punch AMT. Both are top-selling vehicles for their respective brands, and you would have a fuss-free ownership experience for your parents.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 06:17   #52
BHPian

I own a triber and yes its a VFM...bought it because I didn't want to go over 10 lakhs as the car would mainly be driver driven....FE in city sucks as I've never got more than 8 (but then again that's at an average speed of around 20-25km) and with a driver who's trigger happy....did one long road trip with the family and the only area it lags is in overtaking...I run a diesel brezza so I've never had to face a lack of overtaking power....so this was a complete change of scene for me as I felt the car was out of breath every time I had to overtake a truck especially fully loaded...I still feel Renault should have offered a turbo option on this car as it would make it a very complete package
Old 19th June 2024, 18:09   #53
BHPian

Geza edition gets the same engine but with CVT gearbox? Any idea how does it perform with CVT?
EDIT: I found out it comes with turbo petrol only.

Request to Moderators: Please delete this post.

Last edited by TorquePull : 19th June 2024 at 18:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks