Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2023, 12:35   #106
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
Trust we understand that there's a difference between Being a Strong, Safe vehicle vs Still having Quality niggles.

Yes, Tata cars are built like Tanks, but Niggles are a complete different subject.

EOD, no one is forcing anyone to buy any Brand's car.
If one feels that the Pros they are looking for outweigh the Cons, they are happy with their purchase.
Totally agree! And that's exactly what I have mentioned in my earlier posts. As a matter of fact, I too was looking forward to the Nexon facelift. But sadly TATA is not serious about fixing the niggles as yet. I mean what the heck is the point of giving those glittery LED 'hello' & 'goodbye' lights, the illuminated TATA logo and crap when your basic plastics are falling apart?

Quote:
I am proud owner of a Tata Hexa and never faced any major niggle even after completing a Lakh kms. Any minor irritants aren't even a bother given the outstanding vehicle that the Hexa was overall.

I am happy that Tata has upped the game with Nexon and am sure that they shall sort their QC niggles issues once they move/upgrade their Assembly lines.
Good to hear that! I hope we have more such happy stories on the forum from TATA owners.

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2023 at 19:39. Reason: Quoted post deleted, thanks
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 13:51   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Really nice to look at (except that purple thing**), will certainly pep up the roads. The amount of QC slips and issues reported in media cars is quite shocking really. I thought you are supposed to put your best foot forward when dealing with press. If this is their best foot forward, will wait to see what happens with the regular production cars.

**They should just name the purple one - Joker Edition, in memory of Heath Ledger’s Joker and his purple suits!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 13:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
They should just name the purple one - Joker Edition, in memory of Heath Ledger’s Joker and his purple suits!
Yes and the roof should have Green colour dual tone to match with the Jocker's hair colour.
bobbyblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 14:21   #109
BHPian

New Tata Nexon has definitely upped the ante in another closely fought mid-entry level SUV segment. Very nice to see different brands changing the game - customers are really spoilt for choice and even more confused.

Have always felt Tata provided the best supple and clean rear suspension experience and had the best under-thigh support. Tata Bolt (Altroz, Tiago's premium hatchback predecessor) had class leading under-thigh support, where you could actually sit with legs folded and not complain about space. Colour choices are definitely targeted at youth with vibrancy and out-of-the-crowd experiences. I am sure Tata would have definitely sorted QC, maintenance & serviceability issues. Looking forward to a test-drive.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th September 2023 at 20:01. Reason: Cleaning up language, spacing
Old 10th September 2023, 14:36   #110
BANNED

The leaked base price of Rs. 7.39 lakh was revealed by Tata Nexon Instagram account – The comment which leaked price, has now been deleted

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12478702.html
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-tatanexonpriceleakinstagramofficial7lakh31068x601.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th September 2023 at 17:32.
aseem23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 17:42   #111
Senior - BHPian

I'm tired of screaming out that my 2017 Nexon has no niggles to date, people are still doubting. So I have stopped reacting now. Currently, to me, this looks like a blockbuster product
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
I am proud owner of a Tata Hexa and never faced any major niggle even after completing a Lakh kms. Any minor irritants aren't even a bother given the outstanding vehicle that the Hexa was overall
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 17:50   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post

The leaked base price of Rs. 7.39 lakh was revealed by Tata Nexon Instagram account – The comment which leaked price, has now been deleted

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12478702.html
The quoted article itself says "take this with a pinch of salt"

I personally believe it to be fake considering the current Nexon starts at 9.10 Lakh rupees ex-showroom delhi as per carwale website. However, Rushlane says that current Nexon starts at 8.00 lakh rupees ex-showroom? Even then, there's no way Tata reduces the starting price in the newer iteration.
Old 10th September 2023, 18:30   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
The quoted article itself says "take this with a pinch of salt"

I personally believe it to be fake considering the current Nexon starts at 9.10 Lakh rupees ex-showroom delhi as per carwale website. However, Rushlane says that current Nexon starts at 8.00 lakh rupees ex-showroom? Even then, there's no way Tata reduces the starting price in the newer iteration.

AFAIK the current Nexon starts at 799900 ex-showroom Delhi for the XE Manual. 9L is the On-Road price for that variant.

However, even I am puzzled as to whether TaMo will even consider reducing the ex-showroom price for the base variant on the Nexon. 7.39L ex-showroom sounds a bit too good to be true.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-screenshot-20230910-182524.png

Last edited by uditanshh : 10th September 2023 at 18:32. Reason: Rephrasing
uditanshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 18:39   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditanshh View Post
AFAIK the current Nexon starts at 799900 ex-showroom Delhi for the XE Manual. 9L is the On-Road price for that variant.
You're right. I didn't click on the price break up and just assumed it was ex-showroom, hence my confusion with regards to the price quoted by Rushlane.
Old 10th September 2023, 21:04   #115
BHPian

Here's an update from Tata motors on the same
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img_20230910_210228.jpg  

Abi5hek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 00:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditanshh View Post

However, even I am puzzled as to whether TaMo will even consider reducing the ex-showroom price for the base variant on the Nexon. 7.39L ex-showroom sounds a bit too good to be true.
You should consider the gearbox downgrade, and the introductory pricing. If Tata learnt anything from Mahindra's launch and pricing, 7.39L makes sense to me.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 00:56   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
You should consider the gearbox downgrade, and the introductory pricing. If Tata learnt anything from Mahindra's launch and pricing, 7.39L makes sense to me.
That’s true. They’d need to price it aggressively.

From the recent image they shared about the pricing, I feel like they are going to hike the price quite significantly. Let’s hope for the best.
Old 11th September 2023, 07:59   #118
Senior - BHPian

Interesting chat with Martin Uhlarik.

He talks briefly about how the idea of illuminated logo came up.. how its inspired by gaming consoles.

Last edited by ashutoshb : 11th September 2023 at 08:00.
ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 09:58   #119
BHPian

Since the price revelations are just around the corner, here's my bet in the mix-

Outgoing XE petrol sells at 8L. Given the new design & standard safety features in all variants, tata may charge a premium of 50k on the entry level varient.

Since the top petrol varient Fearless+S DCT is akin to outgoing XZA+LuxS AMT (ex. Showroom price 12.95L) & considering the new touch screen, new DCT GB, and new interiors, the Fearless+S DCT should retail at about 13.85L to keep it competitive.

Fearless+S Diesel AMT should go about 14.75L.

Above prices make sense given that they may provide dark, dark red, jet etc editions later and have to keep room for further price hike.

Introductory prices should be on the lower side of above speculation.

Any thoughts?
Old 11th September 2023, 10:01   #120
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
Since the top petrol varient Fearless+S DCT is akin to outgoing XZA+LuxS AMT (ex. Showroom price 12.95L) & considering the new touch screen, new DCT GB, and new interiors, the Fearless+S DCT should retail at about 13.85L to keep it competitive.
Yes, the Fearless+ S DCT should undercut the Brezza ZXi Plus AT by around 20-30k, so your estimate should be right.

But considering the features and build quality that the Fearless+ DCT has over the Brezza ZXi Plus AT, I would anyday go for the Nexon. Tough days ahead for Maruti !
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks