Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2024, 17:57   #496
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Hello, so I went to do PDI of my allocated Tata Nexon Creative+ DCA. I checked electricals and other functionalities and they appeared fine. However, the car looked bit old. Even inside door handles had dirt. I checked the VIN number and the car was manufactured in March. Is this a red flag?
Old 5th July 2024, 13:01   #497
BHPian

Checked with the service guy on the software update since few of my fellows had it updated, and he confirmed there is an update available. Currently its running on Jan and I am planning to go tomorrow to have this updated. He said would require around 45min to 1hr to update.
Old 6th July 2024, 11:17   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
Checked with the service guy on the software update since few of my fellows had it updated, and he confirmed there is an update available. Currently its running on Jan and I am planning to go tomorrow to have this updated. He said would require around 45min to 1hr to update.
Please share the updated version name. Some members have received an update of version 14.14 released in April 2024 (the earlier 14.14 version was released in January 2024. However, I got the updated version 14.18 in July 2024. This version was released in March 2024.
Old 10th July 2024, 13:52   #499
BHPian

I recently visited the newly opened Service center near Gottigere (or what they call as Bannerghatta road) for the software update as well as DCT transmission update.
The jerkiness that was being felt while downshifting from 3 to 2 is completely gone now and it's become butter smooth. The update took around 1.5hrs and then I also asked the sales guy to update the software on the system. It has been updated to the latest 14.18 version that was released on 5th March.
Prof87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 20:33   #500
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am looking forward to buy a Nexon as I have not received any update on delivery of 3XO MX2 Pro AT from Mahindra which I booked on 15th May. I have already sold my Tiago hence can't wait much longer.
I test drove the Nexon DCA today and loved it. They did not have any AMT for the test drive so couldn't check it out. Since I have owned a Tata car so aware of their not so good ASS. However, I really need your opinion and guidance on Nexon AMT and DCA. Which one is good and more reliable? I am looking for a long term and fuss free ownership. This is the first time I am looking for a non manual car. Should I go ahead with either one or look for other options?
We do have a Sonet 1.0 L IMT and it has been absolutely fantastic experience so far with the vehicle and Kia.
You may ask why not Sonet DCT. We already have two Sonet in our immediate family and not willing to add the third.
Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Old 14th July 2024, 07:38   #501
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmaj View Post
Hello everyone. I am looking forward to buy a Nexon as I have not received any update on delivery of 3XO MX2 Pro AT from Mahindra which I booked on 15th May. I have already sold my Tiago hence can't wait much longer.
I test drove the Nexon DCA today and loved it. They did not have any AMT for the test drive so couldn't check it out. Since I have owned a Tata car so aware of their not so good ASS. However, I really need your opinion and guidance on Nexon AMT and DCA. Which one is good and more reliable? I am looking for a long term and fuss free ownership. This is the first time I am looking for a non manual car. Should I go ahead with either one or look for other options?
We do have a Sonet 1.0 L IMT and it has been absolutely fantastic experience so far with the vehicle and Kia.
You may ask why not Sonet DCT. We already have two Sonet in our immediate family and not willing to add the third.
Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
From my experience I would suggest you go for the DCA, the AMT isn't the best one out there and has lots of head-nod, not the best impression. While not as smooth as other DCTs in the segment, the DCA is a much better gearbox and should serve you well.

However, the 1.2 Turbo Petrol XUV 3X0 wth the TC AT gearbox should offer a much better experience overall owing to the torque on tap and with torque converters definitely being the most reliable among the AT gearboxes.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 08:39   #502
BHPian

I'm about to take delivery of my new Nexon in a couple of days. I was hoping that some of the folks who bought the new facelift have installed dashcams. If yes, could someone share how the wiring installed and routed safely around the curtain airbags?

I have it already installed in my 2018 Nexon but again this was a 2 airbag vehicle without the precautions needed for one with a curtain unit.
mukundz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 10:29   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmaj View Post
I had taken a test drive of the AMT pre facelift version and I can say there is a lot of head nod during the gear change. Not sure if other AMTs also have the same issue. I have the new DCA version and with the recent software update the gearshifts are smooth. Haven't had any issues with the software or anything. Suggest you test drive both AMT and DCA and then take a decision.
Prof87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 14:26   #504
BHPian

I have one question on front parking sensor. Does front parking sensor suppose to work when in Drive mode? For me it never worked or beeped while parking when the car is in Drive mode. Not sure this should work or not. Is there is setting where i can enable front parking sensor to activate in Drive mode as well?

Sensor works the moment Reverse gear is engaged. Anyone has any info on this?
Old 16th July 2024, 15:05   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post
I have one question on front parking sensor. Does front parking sensor suppose to work when in Drive mode? For me it never worked or beeped while parking when the car is in Drive mode. Not sure this should work or not. Is there is setting where i can enable front parking sensor to activate in Drive mode as well?

If you want the front sensor to work in drive mode just switch on the 360 Deg camera and select front view. The sensors get activated when the cameras are on.
cncmachinist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 17:28   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post

Well, seems like a software glitch. After reading your post I suddenly realized that my front camera and sensors weren't active in putting in D mode after using R mode. However, In settings, it was set to ON. I turned it OFF and set it to ON again and now the front camera and sensors work in D mode.
tushky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 09:49   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post
I'm about to take delivery of my new Nexon in a couple of days. I was hoping that some of the folks who bought the new facelift have installed dashcams. If yes, could someone share how the wiring installed and routed safely around the curtain airbags?

I have it already installed in my 2018 Nexon but again this was a 2 airbag vehicle without the precautions needed for one with a curtain unit.
I was able to have this installed successfully without much hassle. I noticed this detail isn't available much online, so thought I'd click a pic of what's under the A pillar for reference.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-pxl_20240717_103139981.mp.jpg

The showroom accessories installer first removed the airbag clip to expose the hex bolt underneath. Once he had that unscrewed, the A pillar trim was easy to pop off. I was expecting the curtain airbags to half extend into this region but it appears there's no airbag directly under this panel. I'm guessing the white material on the top left is there to just secure the airbag into position. He routed the wires along the existing cables under this panel and the rear cable was routed behind the curtain airbag from here and along the weather strip to the rear.
mukundz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 22:56   #508

Hello All,

Greetings.

This is my first post in teambhp. I am an avid reader of teambhp and have been following this forum for years. I was happy without registering. But since I bought a Nexon Fearless DCA in November 2023, I have been facing a lot of niggles and issues with the car which ultimately forced me to join. I don't have much experience with cars and consider myself a newbie in this. I have just above 40K kilometers of driving experience under my belt. I look forward to sharing my experiences and concerns with this expert group. Thats about me.

Coming to the matter, I have had many niggles in my car but I was content with most of them as I knew what I was signing up for. But a couple of them are really concerning.

The first major one is the car auto-shifting to neutral during the drive. Had to take the car to the service center a couple of times to fix this. The last ECU update seems to have worked but I will keep an eye on this. The software was updated from C105 to C107 as per the SA to fix this.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img20240529wa0003.jpg

Though not a car expert, I occasionally peek under the hood. This time I could see the traces of rusting under the bonnet. Is anyone facing the same with their car? Is this expected? The car is hardly 8 months old and it has started rusting. Does it need urgent attention? How should I take this up with the service center. Those guys seem to trivialize any concern raised to them.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-20240727_135544.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-20240727_135521.jpg

Thanks.
KumbazhaKuttan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 06:02   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumbazhaKuttan View Post
Hello All,

The first major one is the car auto-shifting to neutral during the drive. Had to take the car to the service center a couple of times to fix this. The last ECU update seems to have worked but I will keep an eye on this. The software was updated from C105 to C107 as per the SA to fix this.

Though not a car expert, I occasionally peek under the hood. This time I could see the traces of rusting under the bonnet. Is anyone facing the same with their car? Is this expected? The car is hardly 8 months old and it has started rusting. Does it need urgent attention? How should I take this up with the service center. Those guys seem to trivialize any concern raised to them.

Thanks.
Your first issue is a known one that many of us have faced and documented in this thread. I got the software updated in May 2024 and since then have not faced any issue (fingers crossed).

Tata's service centre staff is not much help. For the second issue, I will recommend finding who the Customer Service Manager (CSM) from Tata Motors is for your area. You can do this by visiting a service centre as they display the escalation matrix there upto the Regional Head. Both email addresses and phone numbers are mentioned. This helped me a lot the last time I took my car to the service centre and found the staff there were least bothered. You can raise a complaint through the customer care number and then escalate the issue to them. Sometimes even the customer care takes CSM on call. Hope this helps.
KaartooS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 10:09   #510

Hello BHPians,
Have got my first car in June '24 which is Nexon Fearless DCA and this is my first post here.
My first service is booked for 9th Aug. I was lurking around in the threads before making my purchase, and the well documented issue of jerks in downshifting D3 to D2 is visible in my car as well (though I had notified my dealership to update all softwares before my delivery, they still didn't update the jerk free update). Will get this updated in 1st service.
I had couple of more issues, and hence my first post here, let me know if anyone of you have faced this, and if any potential solves -
1. AC is inconsistent, one day the AC was not cooling even at 18 degrees, only when I put it at 'LO' then only cooling happened. But this issue magically disappeared, and now cooling is more or less okay though it is lesser for rear seats.
2. The wiper blades have started to make some sounds, sound of the rubber pressing against blade, not a big deal, but irritating in rains.
3. Today morning, the BIGGEST ISSUE of all occured, where car went into complete silent mode - by which I mean no sensor sounds, no turn indicator sounds, no music, nothing. I tried turning the car On and Off, with no avail. Tried to go inside the Audio settings inside of settings, it won't open.
I gave up. Might solve magically again, as I think it is software glitch, but puts a big question on the reliability of the car.

Also additional question, anything particular I need to look out for during first service, as that would be my first experience with ASS of TaMo.
Silent_lurker is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks