Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2023, 16:27   #286
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I Today I vouched never to step into a Tata dealership ever again.
Very sorry to learn about your bad experience with this showroom in particular. However, such lackluster attitude of sales people can be found of other brands too which does not make it unworthy of a footfall. I wonder how can the management of this showroom allow such pathetic behavior and salesmanship! I suggest you check out other dealers in your city.
shaheenazk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 18:24   #287
BHPian

Quote:
I had been the KHT Tata Showroom today afternoon ~2pm. Showroom was very very bland.
So surprising. They came to my house some 30Kms and 2 hours drive away from KHT Mahadevpura for a Safari test drive, that too only because I requested a test drive on the Tata website. Meanwhile Prerna Lalbagh and Key Mysore Road didn't bother sending a vehicle for a test drive even after visiting the showroom twice.
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 20:26   #288
BHPian

Happy to report that I got my delivery couple of days back. Writing this review after driving about 75km in two days.

PDI - The staff was quite supportive. I realised that the SA was not that knowledgeable about the product, but it didn't matter because he was eager to help and I had watched every single video available on YouTube about Nexon facelift The inspection went smoothly as I found everything working just fine. There were some quality issues regarding fit and finish but that is expected from Tata. For example, the gap between the boot door and body is not same on either sides. It's not that noticeable but once you see it it's hard not to see. Anyways I had made peace with such expected niggles when I switched from Elevate to Nexon because it made more sense to my needs.

Two things I love -
1. DCA is absolute delight in a city.
2. 360 camera quality is really good. I never knew I needed it but now I am addicted.

Two things I like -
1. The design is definitely a head turner when seen in person. I noticed several curious looks in 2 days. A cop pulled me over and spent more than 5 minutes asking me about this beauty.
2. The steering feels very sorted for city drives. Have to take it on a long drive to test it further.

Two things I hate-
1. I noticed the DCA gets confused sometimes at slow speeds and shifts down just when I need to accelerate, causing engine to rev more.
2. If I use paddle shifters and then want to go back to automatic, I have take my hand off the steering wheel and press the gear nob to put it in D. There is no way to do it just by using paddle shifters. Also the vehicle doesn't automatically go to previous drive mode, it by default goes to city mode. Then you have to again select your preferred drive mode.

I think these two issues can be resolved by an update. Fingers crossed.

Apart from that I absolutely love driving around in this car. Planning a long drive this weekend to explore more.

Cheers.
Pathfinder99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 21:28   #289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Without pointing anybody here, I'm very curious to know what the members do for 15-45 mins when no staff is attending ? Would they sit in 1 corner?Or observe the models displayed on floor ? Do nothing but spend on mobile ?

I'm asking this because, if someone can lonely for 15 mins in a Tata showroom, one can even meditate or do Yoga or attain Nirvana.

How is it remotely possible that at least security should ask why and what are you doing in the showroom?

Is showroom courtesies so valued when buying a car?
There was a poll which was converted to a post of mine which went into oblivion on this very same concern.

I'm definitely going to various showroom this weekend and see if I can get some lonely space for my inner privacy in Tata showroom as there is no empty spots in Hyderabad 🤣
Altrozed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 21:37   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Without pointing anybody here, I'm very curious to know what the members do for 15-45 mins when no staff is attending ? Would they sit in 1 corner?Or observe the models displayed on floor ? Do nothing but spend on mobile ?
A similar thing has happened with me too in a Tata showroom. As soon as I entered, the receptionist took my details and told me to wait till she gets a SA. Waited there for 10 mins and no one turned up, went ahead and checked out all of the cars they had on display inside out for the next 20-25 mins but no one came, not even the receptionist.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 12:54. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
ssoni.1411 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 22:36   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
Happy to report that I got my delivery couple of days back. Writing this review after driving about 75km in two days
Congratulations on your new car Please do share your ownership review once you spend enough time on the car.

I will be taking the delivery sometime next week. When I took the TD of DCA I really loved it in the city. I had taken both Venue and Nexon back to back and I felt within the city both engines were kind of the same and did not feel any difference. Did not get a chance to TD on the highways though.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 20:04. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
keshavmurthym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 00:01   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post

I'm asking this because, if someone can lonely for 15 mins in a Tata showroom, one can even meditate or do Yoga or attain Nirvana.

How is it remotely possible that at least security should ask why and what are you doing in the showroom?

Is showroom courtesies so valued when buying a car?
There was a poll which was converted to a post of mine which went into oblivion on this very same concern.

I'm definitely going to various showroom this weekend and see if I can get some lonely space for my inner privacy in Tata showroom as there is no empty spots in Hyderabad 🤣
My experience was quite good. I had visited 3 showrooms, two in Delhi and other one in Noida. As soon as we entered, there was someone present to ask which car we’re looking for and within 5-10 minutes we got a SA which I would say is fine.

The only thing which I feel that differentiates them from Maruti/Hyundai is that the SA’s won’t follow up with you. If you’ve paid the booking amount, then there’s a different story but if you’re casually enquiring, they’ll note down your details but won’t bother you with even a single call. I remember when I went with a friend of mine to Hyundai, they were after his life to book Venue.

One of the SA’s I spoke to wasn’t even sure about the features present but in all honesty, he straight away told me that Tata’s service is still a hit or miss and it all depends on the service advisor.
Old 13th October 2023, 06:15   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had been the KHT Tata Showroom today afternoon ~2pm.
Must say, these guys need a visit from the higher ups.

Absolutely not the experience they would want the customer to have.
Old 13th October 2023, 10:58   #294
Senior - BHPian

Booked Nexon fearless S + DCA at Panchajanya Auto, Pune. Surprisingly the dealer experience was amazing. We were warmly greeted by guard, receptionist, had coffee from kullhad, and the sales executive was informative as well. However there was no DCA test drive vehicle as they haven't received any. And the delivery timeline they have mentioned is 90 days. Is there any link where i can track my booking status?
tushky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:40   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I had been the KHT Tata Showroom today afternoon ~2pm.
If this is KHT in Brookfield, then I echo your experience. I found Kropex in ORR to be much better and at par with other brand showrooms. They even consistently followed up.
Old 14th October 2023, 23:20   #296
BHPian

After looking at the Harrier and Safari media drive reviews, what I understood is that there is no use in blaming Tata's showroom/ Sales Agents or Service Center guys.

This "Chalta Hai" attitude is in Tata's DNA for sure, if it was any other manufacturer, after receiving so many QC issues from the Nexon media drive reviews and feedback, one could have put extra QC checks for the upcoming car launches or media drive events.

It looks like the same story of Nexon in Harrier/Safari media drive cars.

It feels so bad to see such small small QC issues in the reviews

Feels bad for Tata and the Indian brand that, being in the top 3rd position has all these QC issues and niggles on the new cars.
keshavmurthym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 09:22   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
Happy to report that I got my delivery couple of days back. Writing this review after driving about 75km in two days.
Congratulations on your new Nexon. Waiting for mine, dealership still has no clue even though I booked it pre-launch. Completely agree that it is quite a looker. When I test drove the car, saw a few bystanders turning around to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
A similar thing has happened with me too in a Tata showroom. As soon as I entered, the receptionist took my details and told me to wait till she gets a SA. Waited there for 10 mins and no one turned up, went ahead and checked out all of the cars they had on display inside out for the next 20-25 mins but no one came, not even the receptionist.
Seems a standard experience at most Tata showrooms. When I first visited a dealership, I was made to wait by the receptionist. I could see the dealership was not busy. In fact, there were more SAs than customers and they were all hanging out together and still no one was attending to me. I have a standard 10-12 minute rule, after which I refuse to waste my time. So I started walking out and then immediately, 3-4 SAs came to me. Not the experience we desire or deserve, but what to say. We get better experience when buying a jeans, but a purchase experience of INR 15 lakh car is far from ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Booked Nexon fearless S + DCA at Panchajanya Auto, Pune. Surprisingly the dealer experience was amazing. We were warmly greeted by guard, receptionist, had coffee from kullhad, and the sales executive was informative as well. However there was no DCA test drive vehicle as they haven't received any. And the delivery timeline they have mentioned is 90 days. Is there any link where i can track my booking status?
I have had the same query and have been told there is no platform where I can track my booking status. All at the mercy of TML and their dealership.
KaartooS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 21:02   #298
BHPian

Finally got my Nexon Facelift delivery. Writing this initial review after driving about 100KM in the city. I have been into Manual for the last 10 years and was super happy with the i20 diesel it was fun to drive on highways

Requirements:
1. Good GC, so by default sedan was ruled out
2. Good build quality and tested safety ratings
3. Budget within 17L OTR. I wanted only the top end, I am not into after-market fittings or accessories. I like the fully loaded car from the manufacturer and have no regrets about the features later on.
4. Proper automatic car and not AMT for sure.

Why Nexon?
I was not sure about considering Tata because of the horror reviews read on the Team-BHP. But there was a proud feeling of Indian Brand and with tested build quality, I really wanted to check out the Nexon. I made an enquiry on the Key Motors website and surprisingly SA called and got the old Nexon to my place for the TD.
I really loved the comfort and drivability of the car but the big letdown was the AMT gearbox. It was super Jerky and I really spoiled the fun of the car. Then I read about the DCA and waited for the facelift launch.

Other Cars Considered and Cancelled post TD:
Venue
XUV300
Elevate

Sales and Showroom experience:
I did not face any such issues that other BHPians faced or highlighted. It was not like Hyundai but it was not bad too, It's not the best but for sure I had a good satisfying experience with Key Motors Mysore Road Banch, If anyone is looking to purchase a vehicle from this Branch please get in touch with Sagar Gowda my SA and he was very good at his work and was very prompt. I am very much satisfied with Tata's sales experience with this Nexon.

Worry and confusion:
1. I had booked the top-end fearless+ during pre-booking time. I did not like purple much and went ahead with Pristine White.
2. After reading so many QC issues I was really not sure about going ahead with the Nexon (I never faced or did not have any QC-related issues on my i20, all buttons and everything is in perfect condition even after 10 years of usage ) and I clearly told my SA that I want the proper PDI and then I will make the payment.
3. He agreed and arranged for the PDI around Sep end at the showroom. Surprisingly and luckily I did not find any major QC issues other than small small issues which you can find in Harrier/Safari too
4. Same time they had DCA TD vehicle and This engine was really fun to drive what flaws it had with AMT was gone with the DCA and I did not find any difference between driving Venue and Nexon DCA engine in the city. I made up my mind and gave the green signal

Delivery Day:
1. I told my SA that I wanted the car before 12PM and I reached the showroom early considering last-minute issues and other hiccups.
2. To my surprise when I reached the car was very much cleaned and it was ready for delivery, only number plate fixing was pending.
3. Got the delivery much before the time I had asked Drove around ~100 KMs within the city and so far it's a beautiful gearbox to drive touchwood and hopefully to have a fuss-free ownership experience with Tata

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img_0924.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img_0935.jpg

2 Silly Issues.
Maybe I am new to tech, touch, and connected infotainment in Cars. If anyone knows the solution to the below issues please let me know
1. How to turn off iOS Apple Carplay automatically playing music when the device is connected to the car?
2. In my i20 I had the FM turn ON/OFF button and it's so convenient to turn it off. Is there any option on the touch-based infotainment screen to turn off the FM? Also when I start the car automatically FM starts playing and I am not finding an option to turn it off. Other than Reducing the volume or Mute, are there any option settings?
keshavmurthym is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 12:34   #299

Hello Everybody,

I have booked the tata Nexon Fearless DCA Daytona Grey.

My other options were Kushaq, did not go ahead with it mainly due to not having a fixed parking and have to parallel park in very tight spaces in first come first serve basis.

But there is a huge difference in the experience of the dealership of Skoda and Tata.

I have to follow up for every single thing. While Skoda seem to want to do everything for me. Although must agree Skoda service is commendable in selling. Dont know about the rest.

Did the PDI with Zekardo, got a go ahead. A few minor paint chipping on the bonnet edge and few rusting start on engine mount and pulley nut. which was assured by the stockyard guys would be fixed with WD 40.

I am just waiting for 24th delivery date. Have mixed feelings about the entire experience. I want to be happy, but I seem more worried and less happy. Things surely need to be reassuring at Tata. (this even might be my anxiety since this is my first purchase with a huge sum paid, all at once).

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping to share my experience with the car soon!! ��
Captain Claw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 00:28   #300
BHPian

Went to 2 dealership in Delhi today. Even at almost the closing time, we were greeted pretty well. The SAs explained all the features and were happy to get the car to our home for a Test drive.

Since it will be my dad's car and he is coming from a Punto diesel, we are just a bit worried about the expected fuel economy from the 1.2L Petrol engine and would love to hear from the owners how much they are managing in city limits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks