Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 20:59   #271
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post
I felt this review was more like the review of variants and personas. In more than half of the video they were just talking and bashing about the variants/personas and how they are confusing. They should have covered more of how practical the car for the general audience, what are the niggles of the engines, and DCA they just covered within 30 secs
Isn’t it true? I mean close to 65 variants is really crazy ! I get it, that TATA is offering customized variants to every buyer; but it actually leads to a lot of confusion in an already confused segment. And this applies to other manufacturers too, for ex. Kia.

With regards to the other aspects, I think they’ve got it pretty much covered. They speak to the point and not quite go round & round using fancy vocabulary.

Aah, and with regards to the DCA; it’s anyways meh so doesn’t quite deserve an enthu cover I feel.
Old 4th October 2023, 13:44   #272
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
I enjoy the content from MotorInc.

2. Extended warranty: Does TML only offer 3 (standard) +1 (extended) warranty? I was keen on a total of 5 years warranty since it is a new gearbox and that too DCA, but have been informed that across models, TML only offers 3+1.
Reply 262 and 263 sums up on the extended warranty. Check with your SA or any other dealer casually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Isn’t it true? I mean close to 65 variants is really crazy ! I get it, that TATA is offering customized variants to every buyer; but it actually leads to a lot of confusion in an already confused segment. And this applies to other manufacturers too, for ex. Kia.

Aah, and with regards to the DCA; it’s anyways meh so doesn’t quite deserve an enthu cover I feel.
Remember that Indica or some other car had highest variants, around 40+ which was again ranted as usual.

Later, when all the options are not provided, it became a problem.
Currently, we have an issue with too many variants.
Guess, we should decide first on what we want to make life easier for Tata and it's salespersons

DCA is breeze. For people who loved and lived with AMT itself, DCA waa cool. Non AMT will super like it. Rest, will always be on the keypad stroking adjectives.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 14:23   #273

Quote:
Yes, I clearly told him that I needed to see and do the PDI before making any further payment. Finally, they agreed to it and I am planning the PDI something this week. I will be taking the delivery during Navarathri time

I have a doubt here, in the breakup sheet that he has shared it mentioned 2 options
1. EW-Addition 1yrs/ 100000kms (whichever is earlier)* ~16K
2. EW-Addition 2yrs/ 125000kms (whichever is earlier)* ~20K

Suppose if I opt for 2 years option then do I need to pay for 1+2 years? (16+20K)?
How did the PDI go?

Possible for you to share the breakup sheet? Somehow both dealers I have spoken with in Mumbai are claiming that extended warranty offered is only for 1 Year and that DCA dispatches have not yet started.
Old 6th October 2023, 13:16   #274
BHPian

Quote:
How did the PDI go?

Possible for you to share the breakup sheet? Somehow both dealers I have spoken with in Mumbai are claiming that extended warranty offered is only for 1 Year and that DCA dispatches have not yet started.
Hey hello, PDI went well and the car looked stunning. I had booked Pristine White. I followed team BHP's checklist and did not find any major issues. Yes, there were a few very minor plastic part issues and SA said they would fix them. ODO read 55KM's. I have given the green signal and they will be going for the reistration next week. 16th I will be taking the delivery

I had to go to the showroom and they got the car to the showroom and did not allow me to the stockyard. Yes as per them 2 years warranty is available and this is the break up they have shared. I will be making the payment for this next week.
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-photo20231006125946-2.jpg

The insurance they quoted was 76 and I got the quote from ICICI Lombard for 33K with NCB of 50%. I tried to negotiate with them on the amount and finally, they said 41K with NCB.

I may go for outside insurance because there is still an 8K difference and I can go for some basic accessories with that amount. Initially, they said they cannot give me cashless if I go with outside insurance. but ICICI has a tie-up with the showroom and they told me cashless is available.
keshavmurthym is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 08:03   #275
BHPian

Quote:
1. Delivery timelines: I have been told that dispatches are still very limited and there is no word from TML regarding DCA deliveries. They have clearly said it doesn't look like they would get any DCA this month. I have booked a Creative+ DCA. This is a top dealership in Mumbai and they have received only 1-2 manuals and AMTs until now for deliveries. Has anyone else heard anything regarding deliveries, esp. of DCAs?
My SA tells me to expect the delivery in next 4-5 days. Earlier they had me worried about the deliveries of DCA but now they have given me the VIN and told me that the vehicle is already dispatched from Pune plant.
Hope you get yours soon. Cheers.
Pathfinder99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 09:39   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
My SA tells me to expect the delivery in next 4-5 days. Earlier they had me worried about the deliveries of DCA but now they have given me the VIN and told me that the vehicle is already dispatched from Pune plant.
Hope you get yours soon. Cheers.
Yes, even my SA was stelling the same that they are getting all variants and deliveries will begin from this week. BTW, did you finalize your insurance? I am planning to take it from outside and hope they don't create unnecessary issues later
Old 7th October 2023, 13:28   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even my SA was stelling the same that they are getting all variants and deliveries will begin from this week. BTW, did you finalize your insurance? I am planning to take it from outside and hope they don't create unnecessary issues later
Yes, I have opted for HDFC Egro from dealership, with add-ons of consumables, return to invoice, key replacement, zero depreciation, engine protect, tyre and alloys, road side assist.
It costed me 68900/-
Pathfinder99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 22:46   #278
BHPian

Any feedback on the 7D mats? Hows it and is it worth going for?
Some YouTube reviews heard it stinks if it wets but thy are marketing it as water resistant. Has anyone used this and hows it on day to day basis?
Old 8th October 2023, 23:00   #279
BHPian

The 2023 Nexon Facelift hype is over already? With all the initial excitement & hype the thread seems to be losing traction. Understand that with that kind of sales experience, the prospective buyers must be waiting for their respective deliveries, but there are no reports of the showroom visits either!

Hope the BHPians get their cars sooner and share their initial experiences here.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2023 at 16:54. Reason: Grammar
Old 12th October 2023, 10:07   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I had been the KHT Tata Showroom today afternoon ~2pm. Showroom was very very bland. Felt very lackluster..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Were you actually in the Pune showroom? Your experience is almost exactly the same as mine, except that I didn’t even get to see the TD car (Harrier) as it had gone for repairs a week before I called, made an appointment and showed up at the showroom.
Tata needs to fire their dealers ASAP.
Others before me have said this here - the dealership experience alone should not put you off the cars. I'm pretty sure there's a thread on it too.

I had an excellent experience at Lakshmi Tata in Chennai, even better than the Arena experience (probably because of lesser crowd). I still ended up buying the Brezza instead of the Nexon, because I genuinely felt it was more suitable for me. Also, I've always had an average experience with Hyundai dealers, but we've had three Hyundai cars in the family over the last 15-16 years, which have served us really well.

Please try the Nexon in other dealers also. You're not going to have too many touchpoints with the dealer after you bring the car home. A better dealership experience isn't going to make you buy a car not suitable to you after all.

Last edited by Small Bot : 12th October 2023 at 10:08.
Old 12th October 2023, 11:29   #281
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
I enjoy the content from MotorInc.

I test drove Nexon Fearless Plus S DCA today. A lot has already been written, so all I would say is it is a massive upgrade from AMT. I drove it in traffic and then on an empty road and in both conditions, it was a joy to drive. Based on discussion with SA, I had 2 queries if anyone can answer:

Since you test drove the DCA, does it have creep function ? I saw in some Youtube reviews that the creep function is absent in the DCA Nexon (But present in the AMT version).

Could you clarify ?
Old 12th October 2023, 12:21   #282
BHPian

Quote:

P.S. : Thank God I had kept the ScorpioN Z4 AT launch (intro pricing) booking intact and not mistakenly cancel it thinking I'll go for Safari with early delivery. Today made me realise that I must stick to the booking even if it takes another 6 months.
The first time I visited Mahindra showroom was for T.D of the ScorpioN. I was so blown away by the eagerness of staff and the knowledge of the product that I became a fan. Went back for Xuv700 T.D since we were considering both at that time. I suggest you wait for your Mahindra. Those guys are always enthusiastic about helping out. Hopefully it's the same for the dealership in your area as well! I also got to saw the delivery day for a Red Thar. It was well executed
Error402 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 14:26   #283
Senior - BHPian

Creative+S variant at a Tata Dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-384263003_10161269862233234_8442212807222957578_n.jpg  

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-384267617_10161269862753234_5438529378410248900_n.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 14:49   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Since you test drove the DCA, does it have creep function ? I saw in some Youtube reviews that the creep function is absent in the DCA Nexon (But present in the AMT version).

Could you clarify ?
Creep function was there in DCA. From what I remember, it kicks in slowly and not immediately as you start taking your foot off the brake.
KaartooS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 14:58   #285
BHPian

Quote:
I had been the KHT Tata Showroom today afternoon ~2pm. Showroom was very very bland. Felt very lackluster. Its partly why Harrier & Safari don't do good numbers. The Nexon was not even highlighted as a launch car in the showroom. It was simply parked in the far end of the showroom.
I had a similar experience with multiple Tata Showrooms and even Tata Motors customer service in 2022. I was looking for a new car to move away from the i20. Altroz was my first choice. I tried to get a TD from one of the showrooms for 2 months. I escalated to Tata Motors customer service and sent mails but nothing happened. Even when I walked into the showroom, nobody cared to ask why I was there. After sitting idle for 15 minutes, I started raising my voice asking for the showroom and sales manager, they came to me. Even then, things were very very bad.

Even government offices in India have improved, but Tata's culture hasn't.
srkriz26 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks