Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 21:47   #1426
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarsoni7 View Post
Dealership is charging Rs. 5,900 for logistics. Is this expected?
It is completely illegal and this has been discussed in this same thread multiple times. You can write a mail to Honda and the dealer will likely waive it off.
Old 29th December 2023, 22:32   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goushank View Post
Hi Team,
I had booked Elevate V MT ( Blue) on Dec 18, 2023 from Whitefield Honda Bangalore. Vehicle was allotted and I did PDI on Dec 29, 2023.
VIN -*****KP***** (Oct, 2023)
Tyre -4223(Oct, 2023)
Odo -3km

Sales Team response on this - Manual variants were manufactured in good quantity and are in stock, not as fast moving as CVT's. They are also getting June/July manufactured once delivered now. They stopped the manufacturing of manual variant for 2023 on Nov 2023 and started with 2024.

Saw another car (ZX CVT Orange) in yard during PDI, VIN stated Dec 2023.

Should i trust the dealer on this? I have asked manufacturing dates of other cars(V MT variant) in their yard that has arrived recently. (but how do i validate this info from dealer)

Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Please consider doing the PDI again in finer detail. These questions come to my mind:
  1. If the vehicle was already in stock for last three months, then this one got skipped across the festive season. Strange that for a car with waiting period, you are getting a piece from 2 months back. Why?
  2. If it was already in stock and took few days to be allocated to your booking, was it acquired from another dealership?

Maybe, it is ok but I find that hard to believe. If the PDI is very very thorough and everything else looks good, I would not think too much about it.

Since it is year end, they also want to get rid of MY23 models as soon as they can. Do try to negotiate some discounts as December is Discount Month for vehicles and you are getting a 2 month old car.

Last edited by SixPistons : 29th December 2023 at 22:33.
SixPistons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 23:43   #1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
Please consider doing the PDI again in finer detail. These questions come to my mind:
  1. If the vehicle was already in stock for last three months, then this one got skipped across the festive season. Strange that for a car with waiting period, you are getting a piece from 2 months back. Why?
  2. If it was already in stock and took few days to be allocated to your booking, was it acquired from another dealership?

Maybe, it is ok but I find that hard to believe. If the PDI is very very thorough and everything else looks good, I would not think too much about it.

Since it is year end, they also want to get rid of MY23 models as soon as they can. Do try to negotiate some discounts as December is Discount Month for vehicles and you are getting a 2 month old car.

3rd Party PDI was not allowed and i did a quick overview, not sure if i thoroughly looked at the vehicle. But didnt see any dents or scratches.

1.Based on the sales Team logic, Do you think it could be the colour (Blue) or the variant (V MT) as the reason for availability || They kept telling that waiting period is on CVT's.

2.From the beginning they said they had it, only after the purchase order was issued they formally allotted it.
Also sceptical as the odo reads only 3km

Since I am buying through company lease, I am not getting any discount but some accessories worth 25k.
Old 30th December 2023, 00:33   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
3rd Party PDI was not allowed and i did a quick overview, not sure if i thoroughly looked at the vehicle. But didnt see any dents or scratches.

1.Based on the sales Team logic, Do you think it could be the colour (Blue) or the variant (V MT) as the reason for availability || They kept telling that waiting period is on CVT's.

2.From the beginning they said they had it, only after the purchase order was issued they formally allotted it.
Also sceptical as the odo reads only 3km

Since I am buying through company lease, I am not getting any discount but some accessories worth 25k.
3rd Party PDI not being allowed is a red flag to me. What was the reason given for not allowing third party PDI? Other BHPians have opted for third party PDIs while buying the Elevate. Following link is taken from this very thread:
Mention of 3rd Party PDI while buying Elevate from Magnum Honda. (Honda Elevate Review)
  1. I don’t trust sales teams at all here, especially when its a two month old car otherwise in waiting periods. Here or anywhere. I’ve seen many Blue Elevate on the roads of Delhi. Very low chances of a Blue V MT being unsold throughout the festive season. Again a thorough PDI could put these doubts to rest.
  2. If ODO reads low, is the showroom/stockyard outside city limits or in an open area such that the car could’ve been unloaded from trailer directly into stockyard? I’m guessing the low ODO reading is ok if that is the case. Other BHPians can throw more light on this.
Company Leases not eligible for Year-end dealers’ end discounts?? A bit strange. Have you confirmed this with any other Honda Dealerships in the area?
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 08:54   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedate monkey View Post

I have added GFX floor mats and trunk mats .
Would it be possible for you to post a pic with the trunk filled (suitcases, bags etc) trying to get a feel of how much the trunk actually holds vs the Seltos, Grand Vitara. The volume in L numbers seem to be very misleading
Old 31st December 2023, 05:06   #1431

Quote:

Quote:
3rd Party PDI not being allowed is a red flag to me. What was the reason given for not allowing third party PDI? Other BHPians have opted for third party PDIs while buying the Elevate. Following link is taken from this very thread:
Mention of 3rd Party PDI while buying Elevate from Magnum Honda. (Honda Elevate Review)
  1. I don’t trust sales teams at all here, especially when its a two month old car otherwise in waiting periods. Here or anywhere. I’ve seen many Blue Elevate on the roads of Delhi. Very low chances of a Blue V MT being unsold throughout the festive season. Again a thorough PDI could put these doubts to rest.
  2. If ODO reads low, is the showroom/stockyard outside city limits or in an open area such that the car could’ve been unloaded from trailer directly into stockyard? I’m guessing the low ODO reading is ok if that is the case. Other BHPians can throw more light on this.
Company Leases not eligible for Year-end dealers’ end discounts?? A bit strange. Have you confirmed this with any other Honda Dealerships in the area?

Thanks SixPistons. I have rejected the car and i am now waiting for the 2024 manufactured one.
Car lease is partnered with 2 dealers. Whitefield Honda and Brigade Honda.
Both of them not giving any discount, but whitefield promised a discount of 15k for manual variant if bought directly(without lease).

I would further update after the 2024 vehicle PDI.

Thanks once again
goushank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 09:22   #1432
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Would it be possible for you to post a pic with the trunk filled (suitcases, bags etc) trying to get a feel of how much the trunk actually holds vs the Seltos, Grand Vitara. The volume in L numbers seem to be very misleading
Here is one with 2 full-size suitcases placed next to each other. You can place 2 more mid-size ones on top of these, with some space for duffel bags around.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-boot.jpg  

Geo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 09:33   #1433
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_driver View Post
1) By default, lights are in 'Auto' mode. How to keep the lights in OFF position. There is a marking in the lever, but I have not yet been able to figure out how to move the knob to off position.
I haven't found any setting to turn off Auto mode for headlights. I miss this feature.

Quote:
3) For CVT, what is the preferred way of driving ?
3.1) At stop light, ( say greater than 10-15 seconds ), are you supposed to (i) keep in 'D' and keep pressing brake pedal or (ii) keep in 'N' and keep pressing brakes ?
What is recommended in the manual is to move to 'N' when you are stopping at signals briefly.

My rule is this -
Less than 30 seconds, remain in 'D'
30 to 60 seconds, move to 'N'
More then 60 seconds, turn-off engine or be in 'Accessories Only' mode.

Quote:
3.2) How about parking ? When you are parking, should you (i)move from D to P and remove your feet from brake pedal or (ii) move from D to 'N' --> apply hand brake --> release brake pedal --> move to 'P' ? Getting conflicted information when I search online.
I think the logical sequence is the first option you mentioned above. Once you move to 'P', vehicle wont' move around. Apply hand brake after this. I turn off the engine after applying hand brake. I take off my foot from the brake after applying hand brake, just to be sure. I don't think it is necessary to go to 'N' in between, and I can't think of a reason to do that.
Geo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 09:35   #1434
Geo
BHPian

Just curious to know if there are any owner's groups for Bangalore Elevate owners. If not, I am keen on starting one. Doing a 20 Elevate rally to the Nandi Hills and clicking some pictures will be a nice weekend activity, not to mention the opportunity to pass on tips and tricks about accessories and local service station options. Please DM me, if anyone is interested to setup a group. (Mods, if this is not an allowed activity, I will be more than happy to take out this comment.)
Geo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 13:33   #1435
BHPian

Most of the review points are covered through various posts in this thread. From being an owner of a 16 year old Maruti swift (Petrol), I like to share my subjective feedback.

1) A significant and positive difference in the overall build quality of Elevate when compared to my Swift. Swift is no where near the quality level of Elevate.

2) The engine smoothness is very good. Surprisingly, the 16 year old Swift engine is equally impressive. I am very specific of the engine refinement and I certainly hate the diesel engines for this reason

3) Noise insulation is slightly better in my old Swift. This is surprising. I am attaching a few photos to explain why the noise insulation in Elevate is not great. The first two photos show how the rubber beading is installed on the elevate. There is a single layer of rubber beading only. On the 16 year old Swift, there is a double layer of rubber beading. One is on the door frame and the other is on the body frame as seen from the photos.
Honda elevate: Rubber beading on the door frame
Honda Elevate Review-img_1980.jpeg

Honda elevate: Rubber beading on the body frame
Honda Elevate Review-img_1981.jpeg

Swift: Rubber beading on the door frame
Honda Elevate Review-img_2006.jpeg

Swift: Rubber beading on the body frame
Honda Elevate Review-img_2008.jpeg

4) This is again my subjective opinion. Many feel disappointed with the shorter gearing ratios of Elevate. The disadvantages are lesser fuel efficiency and buzzier engine. In my opinion, I feel it is a good engineering decision from Honda. In comparison to Honda city, all the gears are very much shorter in Elevate. What it means is more torque availability at the wheel. The in-gear acceleration will be much better than the City. I certainly like this approach adopted for Elevate. For reference, I am attaching a photo which compares the overall gear ratios of all the gears/speed per 1000 rpm for both Elevate and City. In my personal opinion, it is a very good move from Honda.

Gear ratios of Honda city vs Elevate. Final gear ratio has been already taken into account for the calculation;
Honda Elevate Review-img_2013.jpeg

The above data shows a significant difference between City and Elevate gear ratios for all the gears. As mentioned before, this will aid real world performance like better in-gear acceleration. In fact Elevate gear ratios are shorter even when compared to a smaller engine car like Swift.

In-gear acceleration for Honda city:
Honda Elevate Review-img_2010.jpeg

In-gear acceleration for Honda Elevate:
Honda Elevate Review-img_2012.jpeg

From the above data, we can see how Elevate has a better in-gear acceleration performance compared to longer geared City. Of course City has a better outright acceleration from standstill due to its weight advantage.

Source of information for the data on gear ratios: Autocar India
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...608/tech-specs

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...807/tech-specs

5) This is just my speculation on why Honda has taken a very conservative approach on the engine options available for Elevate. Though Honda has a turbo petrol engine, it is not offered for any of the car models in India. One reason could be the increase in cost. The second reason could be the overall reliability/longevity of the turbo based direct fuel injection engine made by Honda. The below link describes some of the issues faced by Honda turbo engines.
https://tuningpro.co/the-3-most-comm...gine-problems/

For the Indian conditions, further tuning may be required for the turbo engines to operate reliably. If we look at most of the Honda big bikes, they are tuned differently for Indian conditions. I guess Honda doesn’t want to take the risker approach when it comes to the cars. In a way, they want to keep their image of being highly reliable. The downside is the disappointment for a few who love performance.

Conclusion:
Honda Elevate is a very practical and no-nonsense car. By going the way of using their tried and tested 1.5L i-vtec engine, this will be a car for people who want hassle free long term ownership. There is a good scope for improvement when it comes to noise level insulation and adding other important features like having more air bags for VX/V variants.
shan_ned is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 21:06   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks SixPistons. I have rejected the car and i am now waiting for the 2024 manufactured one.

I would further update after the 2024 vehicle PDI.

Thanks once again
Sorry you had to cancel your booking. My idea was to be cautious and point out those things that looked amiss, like not allowing third party PDI, attributing low festive demand to color and variant combination. I may have been too critical, but better to be safe than sorry(Bit skeptical of car dealers due to recent experience, I got a big shock even though my March delivery was of a February make earlier this year.)

Did the dealership straightaway agree to cancel your allocation? I would imagine they tried to persuade you to keep your booking.

Unfortunately though in this case you may have to buy the car at a higher price because of this, but hopefully you’ll get a more recent vehicle of MY24 make, with lesser chances and reasons to be suspicious of anything.

Last edited by SixPistons : 31st December 2023 at 21:24.
Old 1st January 2024, 22:57   #1437
BHPian

Has anyone had sound damping done on the Elevate yet? Any good shop suggestions for this in Ahmedabad?
jubingoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:56   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
It is completely illegal and this has been discussed in this same thread multiple times. You can write a mail to Honda and the dealer will likely waive it off.
I did this to try and waive off the "documentation charges" (INR 6525) mentioned by Pinnacle Honda Kolkata. But I got a long justification from Honda Customer Care mentioning that it is valid. I assumed that "logistics charges" and "documentation charges" are the same, but I am not sure.
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:05   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandal1810 View Post
I did this to try and waive off the "documentation charges" (INR 6525) mentioned by Pinnacle Honda Kolkata. But I got a long justification from Honda Customer Care mentioning that it is valid. I assumed that "logistics charges" and "documentation charges" are the same, but I am not sure.
They could be using a new nickname for the familiar logistics/handling term. I wasn't billed for any documentation fees, indicating that it might be a dealership tactic. Have you spoken to Honda's official customer care or the customer care at Pinnacle dealership?
akhilshenay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 19:02   #1440

Got a new Elevate Golden brown, last week unfortunately a biker rode close to the left door and the bottom has a mild dent and scratch.

Any recommendations for paint touchup?

Thanks in Advance
Balaji TS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks