Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2023, 19:23   #1411
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Your are right. The car is good in drivability and that's what making it sell. Koreans aate better in tech but drive part is missing. BTW Elevate is not selling 20k a month. Its selling around 5k a month.
Old 24th December 2023, 22:05   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ajk_ View Post
As my budget is around 13.5Lakh on road, is Honda Elevate SV a good choice or should I go for the sub-4 SUVs like Nexon, Sonet, Venue or XUV300 (I am not impressed with the 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine of Tata).

Thanks in Advance.
Nexon : Has that 3 cylinder engine.

Sonet/Venue : Feature rich, but haven’t been crash tested, Hyundai group historically has been poor in safety and sometimes reliability.

XUV300 : Facelift is planned in early 2024, has excellent petrol engine, panoramic sunroof is rumored, not sure if boot-space will be improved though. Price is likely to increase as well.

If you are in a hurry go for the Elevate, else wait for a month, check out the XUV300 and then take the decision. Also, Sonet BNCAP scores will be out by then.
Note: Base MT models of Verna, Kushaq, Taigun are also good options in similar price range, not sure if they have all features which you need.
All the best 👍🏻
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 20:53   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Nexon : Has that 3 cylinder engine.

Sonet/Venue : Feature rich, but haven’t been crash tested, Hyundai group historically has been poor in safety and sometimes reliability.

XUV300 : Facelift is planned in early 2024, has excellent petrol engine, panoramic sunroof is rumored, not sure if boot-space will be improved though. Price is likely to increase as well.

If you are in a hurry go for the Elevate, else wait for a month, check out the XUV300 and then take the decision. Also, Sonet BNCAP scores will be out by then.
Note: Base MT models of Verna, Kushaq, Taigun are also good options in similar price range, not sure if they have all features which you need.
All the best 👍🏻
Thanks for the suggestions!
I am not really in hurry but do not want to wait forever and get the same cars with hiked prices. I am looking for a sub-4 cross/SUV only because, the car will be used by 2-3 people max at a time and I do not to want pay more tax on bigger cars. I want a no nonsense sub-4 Automatic car, I am really hoping Honda launches new WR-V but don't know if Honda really wants to compete in that segment.
Old 25th December 2023, 22:03   #1414
BHPian

Honda Japan teases WR-V FIELD EXPLORER CONCEPT” will be unveiled for the first time at TokyoAutoSalon.
The front grille garnish would be an instant hit in the Indian aftermarket shops.
Honda Elevate Review-v3fewr.jpg

Honda Elevate Review-20231225_094247.jpg
TorqueIndia is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 23:37   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ajk_ View Post
Thanks for the suggestions!
I am not really in hurry but do not want to wait forever and get the same cars with hiked prices. I am looking for a sub-4 cross/SUV only because, the car will be used by 2-3 people max at a time and I do not to want pay more tax on bigger cars. I want a no nonsense sub-4 Automatic car, I am really hoping Honda launches new WR-V but don't know if Honda really wants to compete in that segment.
Elevate is >4 meters and Honda has no plans to launch new WR-V anytime soon. No test mules have been spotted either.

So, then the upcoming XUV300 matches your requirements well. Just check if boot space is enough for your use case. If you are open to AMTs then current XUV300 can be had with great discounts.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 17:56   #1416

Finally, had my Elevate ZX CVT delivered last Saturday ( Dec 23rd) in pearl white. It was not my first choice color, but it is slowly growing on me. It is butter smooth to drive and have clocked around 300KMs till now. Only issue I face now is with respect to parking. I find it a bit challenging to park in constricted spaces. I might get used to it with experience.

Since I upgraded from a 2009 model Wagon-R LXI which had no bells and whistles, this is a big upgrade for me. I am still learning about all the knobs, dials and switches.

Few doubts - Apologies if these have already been posted . Couldn't find it anywhere in the forum . These could be naive questions, but couldn't find the proper answers anywhere.
1) By default, lights are in 'Auto' mode. How to keep the lights in OFF position. There is a marking in the lever, but I have not yet been able to figure out how to move the knob to off position.
2) Have you guys faced issues with fog on windshield at night? I tried turning on the front windshield button and cranking up the blower, but it was not getting cleared.
3) For CVT, what is the preferred way of driving ?
3.1) At stop light, ( say greater than 10-15 seconds ), are you supposed to (i) keep in 'D' and keep pressing brake pedal or (ii) keep in 'N' and keep pressing brakes ?
3.2) How about parking ? When you are parking, should you (i)move from D to P and remove your feet from brake pedal or (ii) move from D to 'N' --> apply hand brake --> release brake pedal --> move to 'P' ? Getting conflicted information when I search online.
calm_driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 20:07   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

My Dad and I took a casual drive today just to see, touch and understand a little about the Honda Elevate. And what we saw today frankly, was all nice to look at for sure. Nice 1.5 litre NA engine. 7 Speed AT Gearbox and 6 Speed MT. Very good looking, square-nosed, purposeful looking vehicle. Lovely interiors. Comfortable. Ergonomic. All good then.
I only have the following questions.
1. How will the 1.5 NA engine perform with 4 passengers and a full load of luggage when climbing up the steep Sigur Ghat in medium to heavy traffic where there is no chance of building any consistent momentum?
2. Will it not benefit from that Throttle Controller?

I must say the one in Blue looks lovely. And the one in White with the side cladding looks excellent. So does the Grey. It is nice that Honda is making a jolly good try!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-img_4307.jpeg  

Honda Elevate Review-img_4308.jpeg  

Honda Elevate Review-img_4311.jpeg  

Honda Elevate Review-img_4312.jpeg  

Honda Elevate Review-img_4314.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 23:22   #1418
Team-BHP Support

I brought home a new Elevate today with only 6 km on the odo on delivery. Coming from a Audi, it is a great town and suburb car.

Seats are a little flat. Performance up to 60 is good. Coming from a DCT, dont expect it to leap when one mashes the pedal, feed in the power and it has adequate pace. Handling and ride is pretty impressive. The Audi beats it in the fuel consumption stakes.

I took it for an airport run and it was perfectly fine although the Audi is the more comfortable car.

As a second car, its a great choice, as an only car, if you do a lot of high speed highway, the VAG twins might be better but for the niggles.

It is a very sensible package but it is day 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_driver View Post
Only issue I face now is with respect to parking. I find it a bit challenging to park in constricted spaces. I might get used to it with experience.

1) By default, lights are in 'Auto' mode. How to keep the lights in OFF position. There is a marking in the lever, but I have not yet been able to figure out how to move the knob to off position.
2) Have you guys faced issues with fog on windshield at night? I tried turning on the front windshield button and cranking up the blower, but it was not getting cleared.
3) For CVT, what is the preferred way of driving ?
3.1) At stop light, ( say greater than 10-15 seconds ), are you supposed to (i) keep in 'D' and keep pressing brake pedal or (ii) keep in 'N' and keep pressing brakes ?
3.2) How about parking ? When you are parking, should you (i)move from D to P and remove your feet from brake pedal or (ii) move from D to 'N' --> apply hand brake --> release brake pedal --> move to 'P' ? Getting conflicted information when I search online.
In answer to your questions

1: Turn the light stalk from auto to "Off", "sidelights", "Headlights"
2: Not experienced this
3: I use former for short stops, handbrake for longer stops, P for very long stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
1. How will the 1.5 NA engine perform with 4 passengers and a full load of luggage when climbing up the steep Sigur Ghat in medium to heavy traffic where there is no chance of building any consistent momentum?!
It will do it but not at a fast pace, you need to feed the throttle instead of mashing it.

Last edited by ajmat : 27th December 2023 at 08:09.
ajmat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 04:38   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

It will do it but not at a fast pace, you need to feed the throttle instead of mashing it.
Well said indeed! This ‘feed’ technique goes for most cars especially when driving up the hills and those sharp switchbacks. The performance is just so much better when the throttle is fed rather than ‘mashed’ and when one keeps up a steady momentum rather than all this furious acceleration and braking.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 22:10   #1420
BHPian

For people looking for GFX mats for both footmats and the boot, Zapcart have them. The ones for Elevate, not City.

Paid 5635 total for both, was delivered to me in 3-4 days after ordering online. Made a CoD order.
jubingoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 11:55   #1421

Dealership is charging Rs. 5,900 for logistics. Is this expected?
Old 28th December 2023, 14:05   #1422

Hello. I have booked elevate on 16th December. The car has reached the dealer yard yesterday and the dealer is pushing to release the full payment before Dec31st to ensure price protection against increase in Jan. I am planning to take delivery only by Jan 18 due to auspicious day of delivery etc… I informed the dealer that I would release balance full amount after PDI by Jan10th . They are not accepting and pushing to pay the full invoice amount before 31st dec. how do I proceed further to ensure price protection & security of my car at the yard?
Old 28th December 2023, 16:27   #1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_Chn View Post
Hello. I have booked elevate on 16th December. The car has reached the dealer yard yesterday and the dealer is pushing to release the full payment before Dec31st to ensure price protection against increase in Jan. I am planning to take delivery only by Jan 18 due to auspicious day of delivery etc… I informed the dealer that I would release balance full amount after PDI by Jan10th . They are not accepting and pushing to pay the full invoice amount before 31st dec. how do I proceed further to ensure price protection & security of my car at the yard?
Dealer is correct in this case. Invoice value has to be as per current price. And in case price is being revised, you have to pay the revised price. Or do PDI, pay full amount and request dealer to keep your car in yard till the auspicious date (entirely depends on dealer).
If you are buying on 18th Jan, you need to pay that day price.

Last edited by OpenEXit : 28th December 2023 at 16:56.
OpenEXit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 13:14   #1424

Finally completed 1000kms on my elevate. The drivability is smooth, CVT works great and good for day to day use. Mileage is around 11-12kmpl with a 60:40 city to highway ratio.
Took insurance from Honda Assure with HDFC Ergo considering I will be opting for long drives often and Acko might not be reliable at every place.
Opted for BH series in Odisha. Registration process was hassle free and everything was sorted in a day.

I have added GFX floor mats and trunk mats from Zapcart(Elevate)(COD). The fit looks good and quality is as expected. Cost me Rs 5635 as COD.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-20231227_103644.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-20231227_103709.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-20231227_103738.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-20231227_103759.jpg  

sedate monkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 21:22   #1425

Hi Team,
I had booked Elevate V MT ( Blue) on Dec 18, 2023 from Whitefield Honda Bangalore. Vehicle was allotted and I did PDI on Dec 29, 2023.
VIN -*****KP***** (Oct, 2023)
Tyre -4223(Oct, 2023)
Odo -3km

Sales Team response on this - Manual variants were manufactured in good quantity and are in stock, not as fast moving as CVT's. They are also getting June/July manufactured once delivered now. They stopped the manufacturing of manual variant for 2023 on Nov 2023 and started with 2024.

Saw another car (ZX CVT Orange) in yard during PDI, VIN stated Dec 2023.

Should i trust the dealer on this? I have asked manufacturing dates of other cars(V MT variant) in their yard that has arrived recently. (but how do i validate this info from dealer)

Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks