Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 16:17   #1276
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Checking whether any of the owners have noticed CMBS kicking in when you were not expecting it to. I have driven my Elevate for over 1100 kms now. Have seen this happening 3 times. Again, I can only guess that it was the CMBS in play, as there is no conclusive way for me to figure out what happened.

First was when I was driving inside my apartment complex area. I was approaching a 4 way intersection. I am fairly certain that there were no other vehicles involved. When I was just about to reach the intersection, some alarm flashed in the driver information system, my vehicle jarred and shook substantially and came to a haunt. I thought something was trapped under the front wheels. Came out and inspected and couldn’t find anything. Started the engine again, and drove on, and nothing was noticeable after that.

A similar thing happens a second time when no vehicles were involved and I was approaching another intersection. I felt that the camera is detecting something in the approaching angle of an intersection.

The third incident was more scarier. I was in a somewhat busy street during the evening office/school commute time. Luckily no vehicles were either in front of me or behind me. I think (I am not sure) a biker would have cut my path a bit in front. I am not very sure about this, as the biker wasn’t immediately in front of me and wasn’t causing any danger to my vehicle or my path. Elevate again started jarring and shaking and came to a halt after a couple of minutes. If there was a vehicle immediately behind me, it would have rammed into me.

I have decided not to use CMBS going forward. Have turned it off in settings. Continuing to observe the behaviour.
It's indeed quite odd to encounter such behavior. I've been driving a ZX CVT for exactly a month now (80% of my driving is in heavy bonnet-to-bonnet city traffic) during both day and night hours, and I've had a few instances where the CMBS warnings have flashed. However, I haven't experienced a single false warning yet and haven't faced any issues with the CMBS feature so far.

It does alert you if a vehicle abruptly attempts to cut in front of you from the side at a close angle. However, I believe it disengages as soon as you start braking yourself or the vehicle has moved to a safer distance. Although I haven't delved into the technical details, I personally believe there's a sensor in the brakes that detects whether the driver is responding to the potential warning scenario, similar to the sensor in the steering. In my experience, if the driver is reacting to the warning, the car doesn't automatically apply the brakes. Honda could have done much better had they included ADAS alerts under the Honda Connect app 'Alerts' section similar to how they currently show some of the other alerts. Not sure if any other manufacturers do that either.

On two separate occasions, I've felt the CMBS starting to apply the brakes, but it immediately disengaged when I applied the brakes myself. To be honest, my initial apprehension about the CMBS feature of Elevate's ADAS suite has significantly diminished based on my positive experiences over the past 30 days. It was initially a concern for me as you can't permanently disable it, according to the SA's feedback during my TD. So far so good I would say.

Last edited by rouheet : 24th November 2023 at 16:18.
rouheet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 19:27   #1277

Should I pay extra for OEM audio? [Honda Elevate]

Hi all, I am planning to purchase my first new car which is Honda Elevate.

I have shortlisted two variants of Honda Elevate: SV (base) and V.

Features in V variant over SV:
  • 8-inch touchscreen with Wireless Carplay and Android Auto
  • 4x speakers
  • Rear Camera
  • Wheel Covers
  • Telematics
  • Rear defogger

Price difference (on-road Gurgaon): Rs. 1.22L

Do you guys think the price difference is worth it?

I am not too enthusiastic about the audio.

My only requirements are:
  • Smooth & lag-free Wireless Carplay
  • Not much bass but audio must be clear
  • Good call experience
  • No bloatware/funky UI skins/wallpapers/animations

A few aftermarket HUs I shortlisted (yet to check compatibility):
  • Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 (9 inch) (Rs. 27.5k with rear cam)
  • Woodman x9 (9 inch) (Rs. 19k with frame, rear cam)
  • Pioneer DMH-A5450BT (6.8 inch) (Rs. 33.5k)
  • Sony AX6000 (6.95 inch) (Rs. 39k)

If aftermarket, which one would you suggest?

Also, Elevate top model comes with 8 speakers. Do such aftermarket HU support 8 speakers?
sagarsoni7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 19:10   #1278

I am planning to upgrade my 2020 Honda Amaze VX CVT next mid-year. Is 7-seater Honda Elevate launch in India a real thing?
Old 29th November 2023, 08:58   #1279

Hi All,

I am buying a new Elevate soon. I wanted to know few things below:

1. What is the service cycle of this car? In how many kms/days can I expect the first free service to happen?

2. Is the dash cam provided as accessories good enough? Does it have rear dash cam too? If not, can you please suggest some good ones with rear cam too?

3. Do I need to add a anti-rust underbody coating?

4. I am buying from Bhubaneswar but will be driving in Bangalore. Which insurance would be good enough for Bangalore?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th November 2023 at 08:59. Reason: Corrected punctuation.
Old 29th November 2023, 09:02   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
PDI completed for my Radiant Red Elevate ZX CVT, booked on September 18, and now eagerly awaiting delivery in 2-3 days.

Dealer: Peninsular Honda
Place: Trivandrum, Kerala
Congrats on your new purchase, and I hope you are enjoying it, if at all the car is delivered on time. Meanwhile, could you just share some pics of the said colour as I also has booked a Dual Tone Radiant Red Metaliic ZX CVT. Just wanted to see some real images. Couldn't yet see one on flesh.
TIA
Old 29th November 2023, 09:29   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedate monkey View Post
Hi All,

1. What is the service cycle of this car? In how many kms/days can I expect the first free service to happen?

2. Is the dash cam provided as accessories good enough? Does it have rear dash cam too? If not, can you please suggest some good ones with rear cam too?

4. I am buying from Bhubaneswar but will be driving in Bangalore. Which insurance would be good enough for Bangalore?
First checkup is at 1000km. After that, service is at intervals of 10000km or 1 year

Anti rust coating is a must. These Hondas all tend to be rust prone.

Insurance is valid all over India.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 09:39   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarsoni7 View Post
  • 4x speakers
  • Rear Camera
  • Wheel Covers
  • Telematics
  • Rear defogger

Dear friend, your requirements and queries regarding audio are practical but you should not under estimate the need for rear cam and rear defogger in our North Indian condition during monsoon and winters.

Opt for V variant and settle for factory fitted audio set up. Rest of the features (defogger, rear camera etc) totally make it a must buy variant if budget is not a hindrance. You can not add rear defogger aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojfeb14 View Post
I am planning to upgrade my 2020 Honda Amaze VX CVT next mid-year. Is 7-seater Honda Elevate launch in India a real thing?
No. There are no test mules reported for the 7 seater variant. Moreover, Honda has never been that quick in launching a new product and their their own sweet time in doing their R&D. I am beyond certain that no such variant is coming soon.
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 10:41   #1283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
First checkup is at 1000km. After that, service is at intervals of 10000km or 1 year

Anti rust coating is a must. These Hondas all tend to be rust prone.

Insurance is valid all over India.
I am planning to drive the elevate to Bangalore after buying. So overall it will be a 2000km without the first service and then give it for a servicing at Bangalore.

Is that fine or is it a must to be serviced just after 1000kms
Old 29th November 2023, 10:52   #1284
BHPian

Re: Should I pay extra for OEM audio? [Honda Elevate]

Quote:
[*]Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 (9 inch) (Rs. 27.5k with rear cam)[*]Woodman x9 (9 inch) (Rs. 19k with frame, rear cam)[*]Pioneer DMH-A5450BT (6.8 inch) (Rs. 33.5k)[*]Sony AX6000 (6.95 inch) (Rs. 39k)[/list]
In my opinion Pioneer 1st, then Sony. All others are Android units and are laggy.
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 11:05   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

1. Service cycle as per the SA is at 1 month / 1000km, 2nd service at 6 months and 3rd at 12 months / 10000kms and after that annually or 10000kms whichever is earlier.

2. Dash cam provided is Philips Gosure GS3201 cam and you can easily find the specs online for the same. It does not have a rear dash cam but the local Honda Dealership told me they have a different option too which provides comes with rear cam. I already had a Wolfbox dash cam g840s which I found to be far better than the official one. But do remember that the official Philips one is integrated in the Honda Connect app. None of the after market ones would have that option, so an advantage going with Philips.

3. Elevate comes with a full under body plastic coating / cover. I did not get anti rust coating applied for this reason. However, local dealership did share a quote for the same along with a number of other items with me so anti rust coating still should be an option. Best to follow advice from old Honda owners on this as I don't know if any of the other Honda cars comes with the under body cover like Elevate.

4. I was pushed into buying the Honda Assure option by the dealership. They were not willing to give an exception. Check at your end if you can do that or not first. It's a poor practice by a number Honda Dealerships.

Quote:
I am planning to drive the elevate to Bangalore after buying. So overall it will be a 2000km without the first service and then give it for a servicing at Bangalore.

I just got my first service done at the dealership and they really did not do much apart from checking the car and cleaning it. So there is no oil or part change at the first service. By that logic it shouldn't be a problem as such but best to call your dealership to double check with them to ensure.

Last edited by rouheet : 29th November 2023 at 11:29.
rouheet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 11:54   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieS View Post
Congrats on your new purchase, and I hope you are enjoying it, if at all the car is delivered on time. Meanwhile, could you just share some pics of the said colour as I also has booked a Dual Tone Radiant Red Metaliic ZX CVT. Just wanted to see some real images. Couldn't yet see one on flesh.
TIA
Thanks ArchieS. Haven't got a chance to drive it long. But I am loving it.

I have took a few pictures, but the photo quality isnt that great.
The Red colour looks stunning for me.

Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231129-11.39.02-am-1.jpeg

Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231129-11.39.02-am.jpeg

Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231129-11.39.01-am.jpeg
akhilshenay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 13:02   #1287

Re: Should I pay extra for OEM audio? [Honda Elevate]

Quote:
Hi all, I am planning to purchase my first new car which is Honda Elevate.

I have shortlisted two variants of Honda Elevate: SV (base) and V.

• 4x speakers
  • Rear Camera
  • Wheel Covers
  • Telematics
  • Rear defogger

My only requirements are:
  • Smooth & lag-free Wireless Carplay
  • Not much bass but audio must be clear
  • Good call experience
  • No bloatware/funky UI skins/wallpapers/animations

A few aftermarket HUs I shortlisted (yet to check compatibility):
  • Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 (9 inch) (Rs. 27.5k with rear cam)
  • Woodman x9 (9 inch) (Rs. 19k with frame, rear cam)
  • Pioneer DMH-A5450BT (6.8 inch) (Rs. 33.5k)
  • Sony AX6000 (6.95 inch) (Rs. 39k)

Also, Elevate top model comes with 8 speakers. Do such aftermarket HU support 8 speakers?
I am also confused between SV and V variant. My main concern is quality of OEM music system. Without tweeter, and with only 4 speakers, not sure about the sound quality.
Can anyone give feedback about sound quality for V variant. And possibility of adding tweeters and sub in existing system?
Old 29th November 2023, 13:58   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since this is a planned journey after delivery, the best course of action is to find a service center at around midway between Bhubaneswar and Bangalore and talk to them before hand about making service entry post a quick service of this new car that will clock 1000km immediately after delivery.

You wont be covering the entire 2000km non stop anyway. Take out 1-2 hours for getting this first service done at around 900-1000km mark for warranty related peace of mind later on.

First service is nothing but a general check up. You should be able to do this service in less than 30 minutes if the service center knows that you are traveling and need to spend less time at their place. The first service of my car was done within 15 mins upon my request and second service (also an inspection service at 5000km/ 5 months for S-Cross) was done without any actual work upon my insistence as it was done on 30-April-2021 when India was passing through the second wave of the pandemic at its peak. The requests were honored when I reached the service center both times as they wont commit to it on telephone.
Old 29th November 2023, 14:14   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It’s not an issue. 1000km ‘service’ is just a general checkup. Get it done once your reach Bangalore
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 22:20   #1290
BHPian

Took delivery of the car today.
Model - CVT/ZX - Golden Brown Today.
Dealer - Courtesy Honda, Wazirpur
Colour - Golden Brown
On road price - 18.75 Lakhs
Waiting period - Nill, Booked it last week.
I didn't have an issue with a MY23 car.

Deciding Factors-
1) Driving view/position.
2) Tried tested engine, transmission combo pack
3) Steering feel, was sick of the no steering feedback of Hyundai Venue (upgraded from that car)
4) Seat quality and material used on the seats.

Prima Facie happy with
1) Car is easy to handle and maneuverable
2) Audio quality is decent enough for an everyday average joe non audiophile
3) Ground clearance and driving position, the bonnet edge is fully visible. I lack depth of perception in my left eye, thus this is a boon.
4) Smooth gearbox. As smooth as my 2023 Tucson which is double the price of this car.
5) Quality of the lane switch left side camera is excellent.
6) The infotainment screen is quite fast.
7) Ride Quality is good, quality of paddle shifters is great.

Didn't like -
1) Cost cutting, visible in several places, especially the doors.
2) All of the car's settings (ADAS etc) can be accessed only via the driver's speedometer/digital display via a very limited time consuming menu. They should have been accessible to the screen. The parking sensors were off when the car was delivered to me. I had to tinker around the settings for quite a bit to find out what was wrong or whether sensors were defective or not.
3) Lack of front camera. The bonnet is quite high, a 360 degree camera is needed for this car.

A photo from the showroom. Will post an update around the 5000KMs mark.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-screenshot-20231129-20.56.37.jpg  

Last edited by smilenow : 29th November 2023 at 22:21.
smilenow is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks