Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 21:31   #1171
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolePosition View Post
Can you please share which location and dealer is this?

I've been waiting for my booking for almost 2 months, and every other dealer I talk to is quoting 3+months of waiting for ZX CVT any colour.
I have first booked with Divine Honda in Ddoon but they were also throwing tantrums for delivery date. Without cancelling that booking I started talking with other dealers in Himachal & Chandigarh which are 3-4 hrs drive from Ddoon.

Himalayan Honda in Nahan was giving ready delivery of brown colour & same with Chandigarh dealers. I have given go ahead for brown to Chd dealer but next day the SA told me that they have one unallocated silver colour coming in the shipment & if I want to consider. I without a second thought told him yes, my friend did the PDI once the car was unloaded from trailer & we got the delivery next day.

After delivery I cancelled the Ddoon booking & got the refund without any deductions within 1 week.

Also, manual transmission vehicles are also available for ready delivery at all these dealerships even in Blue colour.
dieselburner is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 22:20   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhu_95 View Post
Day 37 of my Honda Elevate cancellation and refund still not received. I have no idea what service is Honda praised for but things are way different in real life. I will never allow anyone in my family or friend circle to ever buy a Honda.

Fraud company and biggest fraud dealer - Frontier Honda Gurgaon
Even I am not getting my refund from Frontier Honda Gurgaon even after 54 days (I cancelled on 7th Sep'23).

I have sent emails/twitted to Honda. They replied once or twice a month ago and dealer called and asked for a list of documents which I provided but now even Honda doesn't respond. Dealer's assigned SA (Mr. Hitesh Mudgal) doesn't pick the call.

They closed the complaint without even contacting me:

"We understand that your communication {1-31690030880} is addressed, we could not reconfirm the same as your call was not answered hence we are closing your concern in our records. Please call us back @1800113121 in case any further assistance is required.

Honda Cars"

Thankfully, it is 5k only but I wonder what a low level dealer Frontier Honda is. They are earning a bad name just for (5000*x) even if they delay this small amount of few prospective buyers, they will never go to him and caution everyone against this dealer.

My sympathy for staff employed with such dealership, don't know if they are getting salaried on time or that is delayed for months.
mukeshgoel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 22:45   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Even I am not getting my refund from Frontier Honda Gurgaon even after 54 days (I cancelled on 7th Sep'23).

I have sent emails/twitted to Honda. They replied once or twice a month ago and dealer called and asked for a list of documents which I provided but now even Honda doesn't respond. Dealer's assigned SA (Mr. Hitesh Mudgal) doesn't pick the call.

They closed the complaint without even contacting me:

"We understand that your communication {1-31690030880} is addressed, we could not reconfirm the same as your call was not answered hence we are closing your concern in our records. Please call us back @1800113121 in case any further assistance is required.

Honda Cars"

Thankfully, it is 5k only but I wonder what a low level dealer Frontier Honda is. They are earning a bad name just for (5000*x) even if they delay this small amount of few prospective buyers, they will never go to him and caution everyone against this dealer.

My sympathy for staff employed with such dealership, don't know if they are getting salaried on time or that is delayed for months.
Have you tried giving a brief visit to this showroom and meeting the GM Sales in person. I'm sure some solution will be provided.

That said, I had paid Rs.25,000/- to Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi also had canceled due to my own reasons but had to follow up in their whatsapp group but later with 2-3 mails keeping Ring Road's GM Sales in loop, things went fast then.

Honda is already on crumbling ground with their sales in India, keeping hopes in their newly launched Elevate. Doing such practices (Frontier Honda) will hit their reputation vastly as word-of-mouth spreads fast.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 21:22   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh274 View Post
I’ve realised over time that being Fun to drive cannot only be defined by how quickly a car does a 0 to 100. Its about the entire package of Ride quality, Handling, Manoeuvrability, Ambience etc that uplifts the fun to drive quotient.
The guys from Autocar India said this in their latest SUV comparo that," While the Elevate has the crispest response and is quickest in outright acceleration, its the engine noise that nudges you to back off and keep the engine in its comfort zone. And that is a shame, as it is felt that the chassis has more to offer."

How true is this statement?
Can some of the existing owners elaborate?
uditanshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 21:48   #1175
BHPian

ELEVATE VS GRAND VITARA VS SELTOS VS CRETA VS TAIGUN 1.0T by Autocar India.

The performance figures quoted were very impressive for the CVT variant, despite being the heaviest among the lot, acceleration from stand still and rolling is outstanding.

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot_20231101111839.png

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot_20231101111748.png

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot_20231101111652.png

Last weekend I had the testdrive of both CVT and MT variants, very much impressed on the Honda packaging, pricing is the icing on the cake.
MT had a lot of fun, reminded me of our first gen swift diesel somehow, may be the handling and slick shifting 6MT.
CVT focuses on utmost comfort, test drive route was on village areas near Pathanamthitta, Kerala with plenty of steeps, but CVT handled them wo much drama and paddles were very handy too.
ADAS and the dual motor EPS was very responsive and smooth.

Pros : Handling, ride comfort, 1.5iVtec, pricing, standard equipments across range, space, fuel efficiency.
Cons : missing equipments, only one engine option, quality on few plastic trims, 6 airbags not standard, cruise control only on ZX with adas, normal cc can be offered for lower ones.

Most of the cons will vanish when you see the on road prices, I believe Honda will come up with 2024 models with 6 airbags std along with 40-60K price hike from January.

Honda should focus on capacity expansion, now stands at 13K units per month ( domestic+exports OCT'23), CVT waiting periods are 3 months in Kerala.
TorqueIndia is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 22:47   #1176
BHPian

Went to Whitefield Honda for HSRP installation, spent a considerable time with the Elevate. Loved the butch feel of the car compared to CSUVs. I sometimes go to office in my colleague’s Seltos, the Elevate felt so roomy and comfy.

Going for a TD next week.
creative420 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:39   #1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditanshh View Post
The guys from Autocar India said this in their latest SUV comparo that," While the Elevate has the crispest response and is quickest in outright acceleration, its the engine noise that nudges you to back off and keep the engine in its comfort zone. And that is a shame, as it is felt that the chassis has more to offer."

How true is this statement?
Can some of the existing owners elaborate?
Honestly, beyond the 2000-2500 RPM mark the engine does become a bit boomy but it's not because it's struggling to keep up, but because I feel Honda didn't do a great job of controlling NVH within the cabin. There are 2 aspects of what I think contribute towards this debate:
One the car is so buttery smooth in the lower RPM's that you would struggle to figure if the engine is on or off and that, I feel, accentuatates the feeling of the engine being loud in higher RPM's.
And second, the engine sound grows on you and I am speaking from experience here now as I have just gotten done with my first 1000 Kms service and am slowly testing the engine at higher RPM's. It's such a free revving gentle giant, so anassuming and quiet when you are gentle with the throttle and then comes roaring out of the closet when you push the pedal to the metal and I love it. That said I have cruised along the highway at speeds slightly above a hundred now and it settles around the 2500-2700 RPM mark, the engine noise is hardly noticeable, overall a very pleasant experience.

Hope I was able to throw some light on your query.

Cheers!
Yogesh274 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 15:22   #1178

Hi Team,
Congratulations to new Honda elevate owners, seems like it is accepted by the masses and is Honda is doing good sales number.

I had a question regarding the ventilated and massage Seat cover "accessory".
Can users who have actually bought this accessory and is using it, share a review and insight regarding it's comfort and effectiveness?

I own a 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic, and since this an accessory I can install this too. Or it could be installed in any car

It would be lovely to get an actuall user review, is it worth the price? Is it actually comfortable over the original leather seats?

Thank you
xxhtxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 21:32   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, beyond the 2000-2500 RPM mark the engine does become a bit boomy but it's not because it's struggling to keep up, but because I feel Honda didn't do a great job of controlling NVH within the cabin. There are 2 aspects of what I think contribute towards this debate:
One the car is so buttery smooth in the lower RPM's that you would struggle to figure if the engine is on or off and that, I feel, accentuatates the feeling of the engine being loud in higher RPM's.
Very true at low RPMs, little to no engine sound inside the cabin but fuel efficiency takes a big hit (feels relatively higher for the elevate). One time I got out of the car and was trying to lock it only to realise I forgot to turn it off. (Silly me!)
Quote:
And second, the engine sound grows on you and I am speaking from experience here now as I have just gotten done with my first 1000 Kms service and am slowly testing the engine at higher RPM's. It's such a free revving gentle giant, so anassuming and quiet when you are gentle with the throttle and then comes roaring out of the closet when you push the pedal to the metal and I love it.
Couldn't agree with you more, I am liking the engine sound a lot more than when I bought it. The sound between 3000-4000 rpms is more acceptable than the higher rpms.
ComboCutter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 22:21   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My friends Elevate was given for first service today morning, estimate given is 4 to 5 days for completion. He has requested for additional fog lamps to be mounted, not sure if that availability is the reason for delay
4-5 days for the first service which is essentially a check-up without any fluid change doesn't sound right. Even the fig lamp can't be taking this long. He should be getting back his vehicle the next day at max considering the fog light fitting. I see that you are in Bangalore; which agency is this?
outdoorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 07:48   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhtxx View Post
Hi Team,
Congratulations to new Honda elevate owners, seems like it is accepted by the masses and is Honda is doing good sales number.

I had a question regarding the ventilated and massage Seat cover "accessory".
Can users who have actually bought this accessory and is using it, share a review and insight regarding it's comfort and effectiveness?

I own a 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic, and since this an accessory I can install this too. Or it could be installed in any car

It would be lovely to get an actuall user review, is it worth the price? Is it actually comfortable over the original leather seats?

Thank you
Hi,

I have been using the ventilated seat accessory for 1200 Kms now and below are my views:

Pros:
1. Snug fit, doesn't look out of place, good materials used.
2. The ventilation feature works very well I can feel good flow of air even at the lowest fan setting. This is especially nice if you use it with the AC switched on as the air that the fan pulls inside the seat is then cooled too. I tend to use this very often when I get into the car on a hot sunny afternoon and it's blissful to feel the cool air against the prespiring back.

Cons:
1. The massager function is more of a gimmick than anything else.
2. The fan may get noisy at the higher speed levels and I tend to turn it off after 15-20 mins of usage once my perspiration levels come down and I get comfortable. At this point I feel the AC suffices as it's a chiller and I would enjoy a silent cabin more than the ventilation because the value it adds after you get comfortable is negligible.
3. It cannot match the comfort of the stock seats on long drives, in city drives and short runs you won't feel the difference, but after 3-4 hours on the highway you might find your self shifting to get a more comfortable position.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Yogesh274 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 15:42   #1182
Geo
BHPian

Has any of the Elevate owners managed to find a way to
  1. Turn off the irritating speed check beep at 80 kmph?
  2. Not having to press the "OK" on the first screen of warning on the entertainment system, each time the car is switched on?
Old 6th November 2023, 12:07   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
  1. Turn off the irritating speed check beep at 80 kmph?
  2. Not having to press the "OK" on the first screen of warning on the entertainment system, each time the car is switched on?
No workaround as of now for both. 80 kmph beep is mandatory per regulation and maybe possible to silence it (as others have done it to other cars) but not officially.

There are some settings to reduce the alert sounds, I will check it again and see if it is possible.

The head unit asking press OK button at every engine start is really irritating and I don't think that can be over-ridden. A workaround for short stop starts is putting the car in accessories mode when turning the engine off. If the engine start stop button is pressed when the shift lever is not in P it goes into accessories mode which keeps the head unit on.
If someone finds a proper workaround for the head unit, please let me know.
ComboCutter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 18:38   #1184

Hi Bhpians,

Booked my Elevate ZX CVT blue in the first week of September, with the committed waiting period of 3 months and expected delivery before Diwali. This week I recieved an intimation from the dealership that the tentative delivery date has been shifted to Jan end. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Maverick1588 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 20:46   #1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1588 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Booked my Elevate ZX CVT blue in the first week of September, with the committed waiting period of 3 months and expected delivery before Diwali. This week I recieved an intimation from the dealership that the tentative delivery date has been shifted to Jan end. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Mine is different. They had provided 3months as waiting and getting in 1.5months.

Booked on 19th Sept
Vehicle reached the dealership today
Delivery on 10th Nov
rekoj68 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks