Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2023, 18:43   #1081

Re: Honda Elevate Review

I had booked Elevate at Brigade Honda in June and got delivery last week. It was a very smooth and pleasant buying experience. I felt the same thrill when I had purchased my 1st car, maruthi 800 20yrs back. Elevate is an upgrade from my 2011 etios. Been driving Elevate ( zx cvt dt- black and white). I am in love with it. For some reason I am unable to point out any flaw so far in it. Maybe because it is how it is when you are in love.
Chinni is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 20:53   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
My next options (Budget: 20L-25L):
  • Toyota Hyryder Mild Hybrid (boot is small 373 ltrs - compromise)
  • Facelifted Harrier (Max budget)
  • XUV7OO AX5 D AT (Max budget)
Hyryder / grand Vitara are the most poorly built vehicles in the segment. Also, the seats (including) the driver seats are very small if you are upgrading from a Duster. I did check both Elevate and Hyryder on the same day while servicing my WRV since the showrooms were nearby. Elevate is no upgrade to my WRV and it's very much against the Honda’s design philosophy (man maximum machine minimum). One aspect where Elevate is ahead is the built quality which seems better than the WRV. The front doors and bonnet had a good amount of heft. In contrast WRV is more roomier and has good amount of space.

Coming to Hyryder, I could feel the tin-can effect as soon as I opened & closed the door and the representative there said, "Sir, it's a Maruti" He too agreed Elevate is much better built than the Hyryder. To me, the hyryder felt like a small car and sure won't be an upgrade to your duster except the interiors. We'll, let's not discuss the dusters interior

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th October 2023 at 07:47. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post
bajoseph04 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 21:51   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajoseph04 View Post
Hyryder / grand Vitara are the most poorly built vehicles in the segment. Also, the seats (including) the driver seats are very small if you are upgrading from a Duster. I did check both Elevate and Hyryder on the same day while servicing my WRV since the showrooms were nearby. Elevate is no upgrade to my WRV and it's very much against the Honda’s design philosophy (man maximum machine minimum). One aspect where Elevate is ahead is the built quality which seems better than the WRV. The front doors and bonnet had a good amount of heft. In contrast WRV is more roomier and has good amount of space.

Coming to Hyryder, I could feel the tin-can effect as soon as I opened & closed the door and the representative there said, "Sir, it's a Maruti" He too agreed Elevate is much better built than the Hyryder. To me, the hyryder felt like a small car and sure won't be an upgrade to your duster except the interiors. We'll, let's not discuss the dusters interior

Honda Jazz & Honda WRV have good space when compared to Elevate
venkikewl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 16:14   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Honda Jazz & Honda WRV have good space when compared to Elevate
We took delivery this week, exchanging our OG (2012) Jazz, and I don't quite agree with this and the earlier observation wrt WRV. Sure the Elevate seems to have a rather large engine bay, with lots of space, but the cabin itself is roomier. Maybe the sharply raked windscreen,and the beige interiors make the Jazz and WRV seem more spacious. To me the Elevate feels like a Jazz on stilts, equally comfortable to manoeuvre, with an appropriately larger engine.

We had a good dealer experience with Magnum, with a patient, responsive sales advisor who did not push anything, but arranged the exchange in a fuss free manner. And a great experience with SBI, whose turnaround was awesome. Our insurance too from Acko was cheaper and refreshingly straightforward and online.

Things I love
The layout and ergonomics of driving, as stated in Omkar's fantastic review are typical Honda. Everything is to hand, and intuitive.
The visibility and ground clearance are a boon, for those of us upgrading from a Jazz and driving in Namma Ooru
The fact that Honda has kept the base V version well equipped with driving essentials, like reach and tilt, height and instrumentation. LED projectors are good.

Things I dislike
The anemic wipers and the quality of plastics and control stalks are a letdown from old Honda's.
The plasticky hub caps
Lumbar support though adequate, feels on the hard side
Most of the accessories are plasticy looking garnishes, quite tacky and uninspiring. Would have liked the Armor package, but it seems overpriced.
Juggy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 11:26   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
My next options (Budget: 20L-25L):[list][*] Toyota Hyryder Mild Hybrid (boot is small 373 ltrs - compromise)[*] Facelifted Harrier (Max budget)[*] XUV7OO AX5 D AT (Max budget)
My Suggestion: You should buy Toyota Innova Hycross GX Petrol (New Festive Edition with additional features and upgraded interior) it comes under 25 lakhs and it has all the required features, space, power and comfort also. This is the best automatic car available in Indian Market under 25 lakhs! (Do your research and comparisons)

Last edited by libranof1987 : 13th October 2023 at 17:08. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:59   #1086
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, I went for another test drive and was able to open it up near the stadium and drive around Cubbon Park

From a non-perfectionist mindset
  • Good Handling
  • Brisk Performance
  • Decent Finish
  • Decent Stereo
Very capable in town. As long as you dont mash the pedal, it is ok.

I booked it

This car is for my wife and also general use. The Audi remains for long journeys. When I find something stupid and fun. I will swap it.

Why not the Taigun/Kushaq?

The interiors suck and do not feel like a 20L car. Mechanicals are cool but not the AC . It is not that strong (my wifes No 1 priority!).

Seltos and Creta

They lack integrity -design, safety etc.

Last edited by ajmat : 14th October 2023 at 23:27.
ajmat is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 19:26   #1087
BHPian

Two quick questions to owners of the Elevate. Is there an easily accessible OBD port, and the car came with 44 FRONT & 45 REAR Tyre pressure. Recommended is 34 F, 35 R. Feel the car is bouncy, but dealer insists it should be atleast 38.
Old 13th October 2023, 20:49   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Two quick questions to owners of the Elevate. Is there an easily accessible OBD port, and the car came with 44 FRONT & 45 REAR Tyre pressure. Recommended is 34 F, 35 R. Feel the car is bouncy, but dealer insists it should be atleast 38.
My SA advised 33 in the front and 32 in the rear. Thats was the pressure given when the car was delivered as well.

No idea about the OBD port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Any Elevate owners got the official Philips GS3201 dashcam installed? Would like to know about the image quality and low light performance. Also interested about the wiring (USB/12V socket or hard wired) and the fit and finish once installed (no out of place wires and proper routing) since it is an official Honda accessory after all.
Image quality options are 1080 and 720. It comes with a 16GB microSD card, upgradable upto 64GB. Haven't checked videos taken at night. They can be viewed through a mobile app.

It is connected to the USB/12v socket, not internal connection. This also means that the camera works only when the car is ON (battery). Fit is okay, but, I went with the dealer expecting internal wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Looks like you put the car into P mode and then switched off the engine. Try switching off after slotting it into N mode so that your head unit doesnot switch off.
Thanks to you and nreddi. Its fine in neutral, restarts in P.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th October 2023 at 07:46. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
autonmus_drivr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 22:36   #1089
Senior - BHPian

According to Autocar's real-world tests, the Elevate CVT achieved an average of 10.8 kmpl, while the Elevate MT achieved an average of 11 kmpl.

https://www.autocarindia.com/advice/...plained-429574
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-honda-2.png  

tj123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 22:56   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I booked it

Why not the Taigun/Kushaq- the interiors suck and do not feel like a 20L car. Mechanicals are cool but AC is not that strong (my wifes No 1 priority!). Seltos and Creta lack integrity -design, safety etc.
Very happy that the Honda Elevate impressed in key areas which even a non enthusiast will be looking at.

Have a 2021 Taigun AT and yes, agree with you on interior and AC part. Interiors aren't great and plastics are scratchy. I keep AC under 20 most of the time to keep myself cool. Only reason for opting Taigun was Turbo Petrol and safety. Have hated Creta ever since its launch, Seltos ride quality and safety is so so. That's where the Elevate does most of the things right.

You have a decent looking car with good road presence, you have decent interiors, spacious cabin, good NA engine, smooth CVT, nice ride quality, assuring handling and reliability to back up with in case of long term usage. It's also priced well, atleast by Honda's standards.

Yes, it does miss out on some features that others offer, like Ventilated Seats. But hey, I haven't used them much in my Taigun. Only Creta CVT SX(O) gets them. There are no Ventilated Seats in Seltos CVT, Grand Vitara AT, Hyryder AT, Astor AT. Only Kushaq and Taigun have them, but they are Turbo Petrol and here I am comparing only NA Petrol engine cars. I don't know why everyone criticised the lack of ventilated seats when majority of rivals don't offer them. Maybe they didn't have much to complain about Elevate and they searched for few and found out that missing equipment list will be the nail in coffin for this car because in other aspects it's well above other cars in segment.

I have recommended Elevate to so many, I am even thinking of replacing father's 2013 Brio with Elevate. I guess, you guys got my point.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 23:29   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
the car came with 44 FRONT & 45 REAR Tyre pressure. Recommended is 34 F, 35 R. Feel the car is bouncy, but dealer insists it should be atleast 38.
You are driving the car on overinflated tyres, thereby, making the ride bouncy. 34 PSI is fine for both front and rear. Stick with manufacturer recommendations as dealers tend to overinflate the tyres due to anticipated prolonged parking in the stockyard (ranging from few days to few months till the car is sold).
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 00:43   #1092
BHPian

My Elevate ZX CVT first free service is done today after 22 days of delivery and at 924KM.

Service charge is 110 for consumables; took accessories - 2400 for 4 neck rests, 450 for 2 fog films for RVM, 5900 for 4 years RSA Plus and 15430 - 1000 (discount offered by service advisor) = 14430 for extended warranty upto 5 years/1 lakh KM.

The service experience was good at Whitefield Honda, even though none of the problems are resolved (they explained to me that they are normal and offered to show them in other Elevate or City cars, which I skipped).

Issues like:

1. Engine heat
2. Brake noise while releasing (noise is minimal on plain road and more on slopes after holding the brake for some time and the noise happens during the brake release)
3. Windshield rubber fit & finish
4. Rear windows noise while closing up (the day after the car was driven in a heavy rain few days ago, the noise was more, later it reduced automatically)
5. Poor Mileage

They seem to have applied the lubricants and gave it back with fresh look of exterior water wash and interior vaccum clean.

The mileage was very less during the initial days like 4-6 KMPL (the car was delivered to me with 5KM on the odometer.. may be because the engine was drinking the petrol for the first time ��). Later on observed that 7-8 KMPL in the city, 15kmpl on the highway with Drive mode (tested for around 100km), 11kmpl on highway with Sports mode overtaking literally everything on the road (average of 100km in high speeds and 50km with D mode during a heavy rain).

Now it seems to be settling around 10kmpl in the mixed traffic; if it's slow moving traffic.. 6-7kmpl seems to be the consumption.

Other observations:

1. I tested the mileage with tank full method and checking with the trip meter display; both are almost same. So, we can trust the on-screen displaying mileage.

2. Idling at signals or in the traffic is consuming more petrol. If we stop the engine and start.. the ICE tablet restarting is very annoying.

3. Maintaining low engine RPMs doesn't seem to be improving the mileage; we can press it hard, the high RPMs and going above 70kmph seems to be improving the mileage actually ��

The petrol.. I was mixing everything the Indian oil E20, XP95, BP normal, BP Speed, HP normal till now.

And a final note to the people talking about CVT rubber band effect in Drive mode.. just switch to the Sports mode, no rubber band or any other band, I felt that our roads are not enough for this speed and acceleration.
nreddy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 10:50   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreddy View Post
My Elevate ZX CVT first free service is done today after 22 days of delivery and at 924KM.

Now it seems to be settling around 10kmpl in the mixed traffic; if it's slow moving traffic.. 6-7kmpl seems to be the consumption.
Thanks for sharing. One suggestion - Since the car is in the very initial stage of run-in, just enjoy the product without worrying too much about mileage. It certainly will improve post a few thousand KM of driving.
pannags is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 10:59   #1094
BHPian

Link Autocarindia - Honda Elevate real world fuel economy tested, explained

Quote:
Honda Elevate mileage
Honda’s 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine delivers impressive fuel efficiency in the City sedan, however, in the Elevate, it doesn’t. While Honda claims 16.92kpl for the CVT and 15.31kpl for the MT, in our real-world tests, it averaged merely 10.8kpl and 11kpl, respectively.

The reason for the Elevate’s poor fuel efficiency is its sharp throttle responses, which take a toll on fuel consumption. In addition, Honda has tweaked the MT’s gearing, which is much shorter than the City’s, so while acceleration feels strong, at cruising speeds of 100kph in sixth gear, the engine is spinning at 2,800rpm – 100rpm higher than in the City – thus affecting its highway consumption.

Shifting focus to the automatic, unlike the City CVT, the Elevate CVT doesn’t get an Economy mode to aid efficiency either. Neither variant gets an automatic engine stop-start feature, which some of its rivals offer to save fuel while idling.

Short gearing, SUV styling, box like aerodynamics, additional weight, all this has taken toll on Elevate's fuel efficiency. i-VTEC's with manual transmission are surely enjoyable due to their sharp throttle responses and power beyond 4000 rpm. I can say this as I own 2016 Jazz 2nd Gen 1.2 i-VTEC MT. It is not fast and not most fuel efficient but it certainly is satisfactory when revved hard in lower gears.

At the signal, Elevate was right next to me. I didn't think Elevate was much higher than my Jazz; it was practically comparable. Elevate windows also seemed noticeably smaller all around. If you're hoping for a big car feel on the road, Elevate won't help your case. When Jazz is placed next to City, it feels noticeably low-sitting in comparison.

Last edited by varunswnt : 14th October 2023 at 11:24.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 11:09   #1095
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Though iVtec arent exactly fuel guzzlers like Hyundais but mileage reported very decent whether its city or highway. The shape isnt aerodynamic like City and definitely on heavier side. City gives better mileage due to drive modes
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks