Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 11:04   #991
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
200 Honda Elevates delivered on a single day in Chennai.

Attachment 2508078

Attachment 2508079

Link
Does this really mean that the car is selling well or is it just click bait? You can see a variety of manufacturers including Tata and VW who have, in the past, tried to get publicity by doing this?

Honda loyalists will buy this car, but I think the general public in India have moved past their love for Honda due to the meagre list of releases in the last decade or so.

We had three Honda Citys in our family but that was over a decade ago. We have all moved on to newer cars since then. I personally don't see the Elevate as a new car. It is simply an attempt to make a car with the lowest possible investment using as much of the City as possible, and the City is still a better car.

I mean no offense to anyone who has chosen to buy this car, it is a free country after all.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:43   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Does this really mean that the car is selling well or is it just click bait?
It must be doing reasonably well for them to be able to do this across cities. In Bangalore alone there have been two such events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
It is simply an attempt to make a car with the lowest possible investment using as much of the City as possible, and the City is still a better car.
That's not a bad thing at all, right? You take a well-engineered, proven, reliable product and offer that in a form factor the is market looking for, that too, at a price point that undercuts direct competition.

In fact, makes me believe what a phenomenal opportunity Honda lost not offering the WR-V with the 1.5 iVTEC CVT combo. Could have been runaway success.
pannags is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 17:24   #993
BHPian

So I was in the market for a car that will be used by both the wife and myself and started to look with a budget of around 16l-16.5 OTR (flexible to some extent). This will compliment (and probably in a couple months replace) the Brio that my wife currently uses and we do have a Verna and an i10 in the extended family.

Now coming from the sedans that I previously owned, I was never an CSUV guy but they do have a particular allure in today's climate, so I had my eyes set on the Venue N Line or the Sonet GTX Plus, so recently when the Elevate's pricing was revealed it seemed real interesting considering for about a lakh more than the Sonet GTX Plus and Venue N Line, I am getting the ZX Manual from a vehicle from the higher up category. Now this is a manual and the Sonet and Venue were both DCTs but honestly the wife and I don't really mind since we love to drive, plus it is a bigger car, the interiors appeal to me (love the tan color on the seats and dashboard), ADAS level 2, 8 speaker Alpine tuned music system and the looks which are very unique from the front at least makes it a head turner for now, since the Sonet and Venue are very popular/common to spot cars.

So for someone like me who was looking at the top end of the sub 4m SUV space, the Elevate makes a pretty good deal for a little money more, which made more sense to me so in the end we booked the Elevate ZX Manual. I understand that in comparison to the other vehicles in the same category and same price range, you get the mid trims of the Seltos/Creta/Grand Vitara which honestly does miss out on a lot of features which the similarly priced Elevate ZX does come with. It may not be fair to compare the Elevate ZX with the Top trims of these vehicles because they will come out on top wrt features but they also do cost a fair but more.
mzone is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 14:36   #994

Is anyone facing issue in booking Elevate online through their portal? The continue button on the Step 3 seems to be not working for me. Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 27th September 2023, 20:35   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, two questions:

1. Does the Elevate come with UV Cut glass ?
2. What tyres are on the top end CVT ? Size and Brand, please.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 20:41   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, two questions:
As far as I know Elevate does not have UV Cut Glass in any variant. Even in Seltos the IVT variant doesn't get it. I believe the turbo versions have it in Seltos.
Schroeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 20:43   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, two questions:

2. What tyres are on the top end CVT ? Size and Brand, please.
No it doesn't have uv cut glasses. Top end comes with 215/55 r17 tyres. My test drive vehicle was shod with Bridgestone turanza tyres.
Kpzonwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 22:30   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding the accessories, any idea what's the Front Under Spoiler & Side Under Spoiler ?

Other items being considered are the:
Parcel Tray
Door handle protector
Floor Mat set
Mud guard set.

Looking at possible accessories to pick, in case we cant skip this part for the ZX CVT.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 23:52   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the accessories, any idea what's the Front Under Spoiler & Side Under Spoiler ?
This is the spoiler, you can compare it to regular Elevate pics to see the difference.
Attached Images

nvssudheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 09:28   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at possible accessories to pick, in case we cant skip this part for the ZX CVT.
Accesories list. The labor charges seem high. Like, does mud guard cost 3200 (2000+1200)?

My dealer is not pushing accessories. Looks like they are supply constrained.

I am going for the basic kit plus dash cam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ELEVATEE_230905_162552.pdf (54.2 KB, 405 views)
autonmus_drivr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:26   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonmus_drivr View Post
Accesories list. The labor charges seem high. Like, does mud guard cost 3200 (2000+1200)?

My dealer is not pushing accessories. Looks like they are supply constrained.
Thanks, @Autonmus_drivr - esp for the installation charges part.. I had got the accessories list yesterday.

If he is not pushing, then why buy from them ? Dealers make a good margin on accessories.

Which dealer, please ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:53   #1002
BHPian

Dakshin Honda in Bangalore is charging a "Handling/Logistics" fee of ~6k which they are refusing to budge on. When probed - they say this is for car transportation, loading/unloading etc and said it is standard pricing policy for the Elevate.

Is that true? Do buyers in other cities also have this charge in their quote? I was of the opinion that such charges are illegal and the ex-showroom is expected to include all such transportation/logistics costs
Old 28th September 2023, 15:52   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post

Is that true? Do buyers in other cities also have this charge in their quote? I was of the opinion that such charges are illegal and the ex-showroom is expected to include all such transportation/logistics costs
Not only Dakshin Honda even the Whitefield Honda charges it. I reckon its a standard practice across Honda dealerships in Bengaluru. I paid this for my Honda City when I took the delivery in August 2023. I didn't negotiate it harder because I had got flat 50K discount on Ex showroom price for the ZX Variant through some sources.

Last edited by Senna_sempre : 28th September 2023 at 15:58.
Old 29th September 2023, 07:33   #1004
BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer, please ?
Whitefield Honda.

I meant to say, not pushing other accessories beyond the basic kit.
autonmus_drivr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 16:33   #1005
BHPian

Quote:

How much is the insurance quoted ?
My friend is preparing for delivery, but the insurance quoted by Vision Honda kottayam looks too high at 59K including rsa and b-b coverage.
He also opted for front bumper lip at 18K, ceramic coating for 29K and basic kit for 12K, over all at 17L on road for VX MT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks