Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2023, 19:53   #871
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Anyone has recommendations for which Honda dealership to pick in Hyderabad?
Old 9th September 2023, 20:56   #872

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...abad/103538248

Deliveries of 100 Honda Elevate in a mega event in Hyderabad.
sarwahi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 22:15   #873
BANNED

Honda Elevate Top Variant Vs Rivals – Creta, Seltos, Kushaq, Astor, G Vitara

Source:https://www.rushlane.com/honda-eleva...-12478679.html
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-img_7401.jpeg  

Honda Elevate Review-img_7402.jpeg  

aseem23 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 22:20   #874
BHPian

I had requested a longer test drive and the SA promptly arranged for one. Here are my impressions of the ZX CVT on a 40 min drive of around 22 KM covering mostly free stretches and some bumper to bumper traffic on the return.

• A comfortable driving position was easier to find since I've been checking out the car a few times. I still think the height of the seat from the ground could have been more. Was at complete ease with all the controls throughout the drive. Honda has upped the usability factor by a big margin.
  • The CVT picks up smoothly, albeit with a nice grunt as the rpms rise. The best part was that in-gear acceleration is much better than I anticipated. Overtaking on the Hebbal-Yelahanka flyover was a breeze. When the car is already on the move, S mode helps quickly accelerate. The CVT has it's fair share of fun to offer.
  • What really amazed me was the exceptional dynamics. The car has really minimal body roll and stays planted at near triple digit speeds. The steering has great response and is very precise, but the telescopic adjustment could have had a longer range.
  • A combination of many open stretches with some spirited driving and congested B2B crawl resulted in an MID reading of 14.2 kmpl. Not bad at all, IMO.
I have been offered a choice of red and orange for immediate delivery. Rejected it as neither of them is on our shortlist. Have also asked for a few more days to make a decision on my purchase. Coming from the S-Cross, the Elevate feels more like a rightgrade rather than an upgrade. The convenience of an auto tranny and active features are what I'll gain over my current drive. The former is a big deal considering driving conditions on my daily commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Has anybody in Bangalore checked whether there is a better dealer in Bangalore? Any better offers, or any dealer who is interested in making the sale?
I have a booking with Magnum and the experience so far has been excellent. Please PM me if you need details.
pannags is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:52   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Anyone has recommendations for which Honda dealership to pick in Hyderabad?
I had a pretty good experience with Pride Honda HITEC city. Bought the City 5th gen back in May, and they were pretty cooperative and proactive.
VTec_KickedInYo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:56   #876
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Visited Honda and was pleasantly surprised to see quite a lot of customers checking the Elevate. The car has definitely ignited interest I must say.

The car looks nice and that high bonnet view from the front seats is just AWESOME! It does give you a feel of sitting in a bigger car. The space inside is decent and the boot is definitely much bigger than the segment competitors. The brown/tan color theme looks very nice and should be easy to maintain (in comparison with the white-beige interiors).

One concern, as other members have also noted, the driver’s seat doesn’t have a long travel which can be an issue for taller drivers. The seats are comfortable otherwise. The quality is satisfactory, but the cabin lacks a sense of premiumness. No pano sunroof will work against the car in a market where people love it.

And those empty slots in the steering wheel is just an eyesore! I wish Honda had given some functionalities there.

Overall, it’s a decent attempt.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-img_2172.jpeg  

Col Mehta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 00:09   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
And those empty slots in the steering wheel is just an eyesore! I wish Honda had given some functionalities there.
Are these the ADAS related slots that are functional in ZX?
Old 10th September 2023, 05:02   #878
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

No, the ASAS buttons are already integrated below the empty slots.
Old 10th September 2023, 09:35   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Has anybody in Bangalore checked whether there is a better dealer in Bangalore? Any better offers, or any dealer who is interested in making the sale?
We bought our City from Brigade Honda (Yelahanka) last year. They did have the best offers amongst all the Bangalore dealers and were accommodative with the requirements. I also did the PDI prior to making the payment.

While the dealership is on the city outskirts, those in Bangalore can still enquire with them on their offers / conditions and make a call on whether they want to go there for the purchase.

My experience with Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road) with respect to sales (last year) as well as service (both my cars go there) has been average at best. They are just about doing their job and nothing more. The Body Shop experience was below average due to the great difficulty I had with communicating with them and getting updates when I had sent the car for repair last year.

My service experience with Magnum Honda (Kanakpura Road) was much better till 2015 but then I shifted homes and it's quite far for me now.

Honda - I wish we had more options with service centers! It's a factor I would seriously consider when I replace by 2012 Brio in the next year or two. However, I still wish they launch the WRV in India next year .
Aditya Gupta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 14:38   #880
BHPian

Sapphire Honda in Outer Ring Road was easy for all BLR-ORR Honda'ites. Service was also good. They have moved on and is now replaced by a multi-brand service outlet.
itzvicky201 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 14:59   #881
BHPian

Thanks for the review Pannags. Encouraging to know that the CVT does very well and the great suspension setup. It should prove an ideal city crossover and even for the occasional long drive on the highways.

I will give it a long TD now. I have a booking with the same dealer in Blue colour. VW and Honda have the best blue colour cars in my opinion, excluding the Big 3 Germans of course!
Old 10th September 2023, 15:01   #882
Senior - BHPian

100 Honda Elevate units delivered in Hyderabad.

Honda Elevate Review-20230910_150040.jpg

Honda Elevate Review-20230910_150037.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 22:13   #883
BHPian

I test drove the Elevate CVT today and being a City 5G CVT owner, I found the driving experience quite pleasant but a notch below the City in premium feel. Overall it’s a no nonsense SUV which will be more functional than luxurious.

I guess most of the other posts here have covered the details and I have nothing more to add.

But one thing stood out that Honda showrooms (I visited Dakshin , Magnum Honda) in Bangalore look quite staid and are in need of an uplift (Harr product - showrooms and soft product - sales approach).

This stood out quite starkly as I recently visited a Mahindra showroom and today did a back to back test drive of the Brezza and found the Mahindra (showroom and SA experience) , Maruti Arena, (showroom experience, SA was bad) to be significantly more upmarket in feeling. And this I felt plays a part in the way the car is perceived too. Honda has still some way to go to be considered among the top here
ellip5i5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 23:10   #884
BHPian

Finally visited my local Honda showroom to see the Elevate in metal and did a short test drive of the ZX MT. Here are a few (non-expert) observations I made.

1. The car looks better in the flesh. The front grille also does not look too bad.

2. Despite many expressing their gripe over the interior space, I found it to be quite adequate for a car of its segment. It maybe felt a shade narrow but not significant enough to be a negative. Headroom and knee room is nothing to complain about if you are my height (5'10). The sales assistant, myself and a friend sat at the back (all of us with skinny frames) and the back seat just about accommodated all our shoulders flat on our backs. Not a 5 person car for long journeys and definitely not a rear space for 3 heavily built passengers.

3. The engine did not feel too different to the other 1.5 NA engines in the segment as I did not get a chance to rev it too hard because the driving was mostly in traffic. My feeling was that the ivtec was marginally more sprightly than the creta while the korean engine is just a shade more refined.

4. The car absorbs the bumps, potholes and undulations very well. The suspension seems to be very well tuned and the car feels adequately planted.

5. The brown leatherette interior of the ZX looks better in real life but will likely to feel a bit stuffy after a while. I did not think its quality was much better than the leatherette of the Grand vitara. Okay, but nothing to write home about. I would personally prefer the beige/black combo of the lower variants despite their fabric/plastic materials.

6. Loved the opening screen animation of the infotainment system. It really imbues a very satisfying proprietary vibe to the whole unit. The interface and response also felt good.

7. The build quality of the car seems to be really polarizing opinions. My take is that it falls somewhere between the blandness of the Marutis and the polish of the Koreans (I am not talking about structural integrity or safety here). The door thud has decent weight but somehow sounds 'hollow'. I could not get past the overall vibe of 'softness' in the car despite Honda's 'masculine' pitch. Its not flimsy but definitely not as robust as it is being made out to be.

8. Driving position is cool and Boot space at the back looked fantastic.

9. The much touted turning radius of the car seemed to make a difference in real life.

10. The raised shoulder line which gives the car a more enclosed feeling while eating into the total window area did not feel good. One good thing though is that the rear window glass goes down all the way.

11. Lastly, I can confirm that the body-colored area below the outline of the door side-cladding is just a paint job and not a part of its metal body. Honda has just painted over the plastic cladding of the doors. The shade of the paint seems to vary due to the material its being applied on which you can clearly notice in all the colors. I happen to like this aesthetic touch in the car, and found it to be quite petty on the part of honda to provide it only on the top variant and leaving the lowers trims with the unpainted bare plastic. Anyhow, I am having it painted on as soon as I get the car (VX).

All in all, I felt that the car was a well-rounded package. It has its shortcomings but none of them stick out like a sore thumb to make it a deal breaker. Honda has sprinkled the variants just about well enough to make it palatable to almost every prospective buyer of a naturally aspirated car in the segment. And yes, though the price is not aggressive I am thankful they have not overpriced it.

Last edited by TribalRoar : 10th September 2023 at 23:12.
TribalRoar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 23:45   #885
BHPian

I test drove the Elevate ZX CVT today morning at Ring Road Honda, MG Road, Gurgaon. I purchased my 5th Gen City CVT last year from the same dealership and my experience so far with them has been top notch.

We reached the dealership early at 9:45 am and yet we were the 3rd customer of the day to test drive the vehicle! By the time we returned, there were 4 more customers already enquiring about the car. The engine feels almost the same, slightly sluggish compared to the City but that was a minor difference (forgotten after first 5 mins in the drive). It's a no nonsense SUV with all the necessities without the niceties compared to cars in the segment. City definitely feels plush and premium when it comes to interiors but for someone who values engine over interiors, this SUV is a steal deal when compared with a Seltos which is ~3L costlier (high end version).

The dealership mentioned waiting for 100+ days for the ZX CVT variant and a Ganpati booking might just help someone get a Diwali delivery
saurabh89 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks