Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2023, 14:07   #796
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Does anyone have any figures as to how many Hybrid HyRyder and Grand Vitara are sold every month (at a 3.5 lakh premium)?
Does anyone have figures of how many Hybrid Citys are sold every month (which is upto 6 lakhs more expensive than the non Hybrid variant)?

Add the 6 lakhs to the on-road price of the top-end Elevate (with the same equipement list) and please tell me how much it comes out to be.

Answers to these two questions should help people understand why the Hybrid version of the Elevate was not launched.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th September 2023 at 17:33. Reason: GV- Grand Vitara
HartBandit is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 14:28   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Does anyone have any figures as to how many Hybrid HyRyders and GVs get sold every month (at a 3.5 lakh premium)?
Does anyone have figures of how many Hybrid Citys are sold every month.
Please check this link for approx. numbers

https://www.autopunditz.com/post/ele...is-for-q2-2023
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 14:32   #798
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5592749 (Maruti-Suzuki: Outpacing the industry)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Does anyone have any figures as to how many Hybrid HyRyders and GVs get sold every month (at a 3.5 lakh premium)?
The hybrid vs non hybrid break up for both Hyryder and Grand Vitara are available in this post.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 14:41   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Please check this link for approx. numbers

https://www.autopunditz.com/post/ele...is-for-q2-2023
Right.

In Q2 2023, out of 27,105 Grand Vitaras sold, only 3763 were strong Hybrids. That is 13.88% of the total.

In Q2 2023, out of 8527 Toyota HyRyders, only 2251 were strong Hybrids.
That is 26.3%.

This, when they have priced it within 3.5 lakhs of the pure ICE variants.

Honda sold 4930 Citys in Q2 2023. I am not sure if this includes the eHev or not, but they sold 569 of the eHevs. That is either 11.5% or 10.3% of total sales.

The City and City eHev have a price difference of around 6 lakhs (on-road), and if you factor that into the Elevate's price (ZX CVT is 19+ in Bangalore), at 25ish lakhs, I am not sure it will make the most business sense - for 10 - 14% of extra sales. As much as enthusiasts care for the Hybrids, ground reality is different.
HartBandit is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 15:11   #800

Today, I had the opportunity to take a test drive of the Elevate ZX CVT, and I'd like to share my observations:

The noise level in the car becomes quite prominent when you attempt to accelerate or overtake, making overtaking a rather challenging and potentially tedious task.

On a positive note, the suspension of the vehicle is excellent, providing a smooth and comfortable ride. I felt confident in its ability to handle traffic with ease.

However, being 6.1 feet tall, I found the driver's seat to be uncomfortable despite trying all possible adjustments. My knees were consistently positioned 4-5 inches higher than my thighs, which is a clear ergonomic issue. This discomfort will lead to pain during my frequent highway journeys from Gurgaon to Chandigarh.

I was surprised that the sales representative didn't allow me to test drive the vehicle for more than 4-5 kilometers, stating dealer policy.

Consequently, I had to cancel my booking for the Elevate VX CVT. I will now be considering either the Seltos IVT or the New Nexon DCT. During my test drive of the Seltos IVT, I found it to offer better features & driving comfort.
LowRpmHighTorq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 17:17   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Any idea what's the waiting period like for ZX CVT?
When I enquired with Whitefield Honda - Bangalore before price launch, they had said 3 months. Guess, its a standard SA response for any new launch car
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 17:36   #802
BHPian

The pricing looks quite good to me and I have sold my Skoda Rapid, so I do need another car! As I had predicted, top end at 16 lakhs will have a lot of people interested in it due to the super smooth Honda iVTEC engine, which is still the best in its segment!

While the view from the drivers seat is probably the best in the segment, I will need to take a longer spin on highway-ish road for high speed road manners, rear and passenger seat comfort. While Seltos inside feels like its the future, the safety ratings make me think otherwise.

I still have the Seltos booking and will also check the Virtus too before confirming this car. This is my second car as I do have a Kushaq 1.0 Manual that is terrific on the highways and liveable indeed in the city as well! This is what staying with VAG cars for a decade does - you have to test another VAG before giving up
PeteKing75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 18:12   #803
BHPian

Some people find it hard to understand that this car isn't the typical "smartphone on four wheels with a giant hole on the roof strapped to a 150BHP engine" type of situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Dealers have received most of the accessories. I visited today and got the details of this. The model is Philips GoSure Video camera GS3201 (Image below). I also saw the TPMS accessory. As per the showroom folks, Honda has informed them that the Philips GoSure is exclusively for Elevate while the TPMS unit can be fitted to any model.

Attachment 2499584
So we went for a TD today and our TD vehicle had the dashcam fitted. It's powered by the regular 12V charger socket. But they had routed the cable really well so it wasn't visible.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th September 2023 at 02:02. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
dazdandconfuzd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 18:43   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Have been following up. Just received it.
This is an insurance question, however since this is in the context of Elevate, asking here. From the attached sheet, the insurance quote for City ZX CVT Metallic with ex-showroom INR 16,10,900 has an insurance amount of INR 45,487 while Elevate ZX CVT Pearl with almost same ex-showroom INR 16,07,900 has a quote of INR 63,182 which is a good 18K more. The brand and engine are the same with the styling of Sedan/SUV being the only difference. Is it true that SUV/crossovers insurance is higher than the Sedan counterparts? Will the insurance quotes be similar for Slavia/Kushaq and Virtus/Taigun as well?
Old 6th September 2023, 19:15   #805
SRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Why don't you state your use case for cruise control? It's quite useless in our real world conditions.
It's needed for me. Each use case is different. Each individual is different. What you might not use, another individual might use regularly.

Last edited by graaja : 6th September 2023 at 19:27. Reason: Editing to keep the discussion objective.
SRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:34   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
This is an insurance question, however since this is in the context of Elevate, asking here. From the attached sheet, the insurance quote for City ZX CVT Metallic with ex-showroom INR 16,10,900 has an insurance amount of INR 45,487 while Elevate ZX CVT Pearl with almost same ex-showroom INR 16,07,900 has a quote of INR 63,182 which is a good 18K more. The brand and engine are the same with the styling of Sedan/SUV being the only difference. Is it true that SUV/crossovers insurance is higher than the Sedan counterparts? Will the insurance quotes be similar for Slavia/Kushaq and Virtus/Taigun as well?
I asked about this insurance price difference for City and Elevate at the showroom. They said "the insurance price is quoted high for now because the Elevate spare parts prices are not yet released to the insurers and these prices are expected to be corrected by this Saturday".
nreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:41   #807
BHPian

With such pricing and power delivery, they may start with a 1-2k and finally settle at under 500 per month or less sales, in a few months ! May be that is what makes them happy.
neerajku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 20:36   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdandconfuzd View Post
Some people find it hard to understand that this car isn't the typical "smartphone on four wheels with a giant hole on the roof strapped to a 150BHP engine" type of situation.
Then what is it? A car having a decade old engine in a five year old design with interior space less than sub 4m cars?

It's easy to shame better and successful cars, but difficult to match their features even partially.
ani_meher is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 20:47   #809
BHPian

I get the criticism given the comparison with Korean counterparts but the pricing seems fair. Decided to go with the ZX CVT to replace my 10 yr old 1 lakh+ km Polo TDI highline, will be booking this weekend.

I always try to go for the best available variant and Seltos top variant is about 4L more (with a lot more on offer which I would not miss much). Elevate is an excellent package and upgrade under 20L OTR for those using hatchbacks.
nvssudheer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 21:39   #810

I had the opportunity to Test Drive the Honda Elevate yesterday at Magnum Honda, Bangalore (near Mekhri Circle). My parents had put down a booking for VX CVT in Ernakulam when the pre-bookings opened (Sadly one of the major dealers in Ernakulam is not offering Test Drives at the moment and has asked us to wait until the 15th of Sep)

So here I was at Honda asking for a Test Drive, The SA, Murty, was very helpful and he immediately consented even though I told him my parents already had a booking in Kerala and I was just here to see the car.

So do I like the car?
Well, sort of, I'll give you a few of my musings :

1)I felt the low-set front passenger seat, was a letdown, I felt it to be slightly awkward coming from the Ford Ecosport as I travel mostly in the front passenger seat and only occasionally drive it.

2) The rear seat was very comfortable for me and my parents who checked it out in Kerala ( we are a family of short people )

3) The interior trims, except the Leather seat and the Steering wheel, felt like it was very cheap. The AC Vents, Window switches, surrounds, and the handbrake. The interior of the Seltos feels much better put together and gives a premium feel.

4) The car is very smooth to drive and was very refined too, in my brief test drive I didn't get the chance to drive above 50KmpH, and felt sufficiently powerful. The view from the driver seat is very good too, you get a good all-round view and the steering wheel feels premium.

5) The doors feel well weighted and feels heavier/safer than the Seltos and the proportions make it feel like a big car it felt this particularly from the rear as compared to the Seltos

6)The lane watch camera is a very useful feature, especially with the super enthusiastic motorists (2&3 Wheelers) trying to squeeze through the smallest of gaps.

Overall I do think the car feels good and the price is reasonable too, but I am slightly inclined towards the Seltos HTX IVT (my parents totally despise that car ). I am also thinking about test-driving the current-gen Creta1.5 NA CVT to get a feel of how it is so that if the Elevate booking does not go through we can consider the next-gen Creta that is expected to launch next year( I hope there won't be a lot of mechanical changes that make the new car too different to drive)

P.S. Attaching the only picture that I clicked before yesterday's TD.

Honda Elevate Review-20230905_181253.jpg

Last edited by A_Abhiraam : 6th September 2023 at 21:44.
A_Abhiraam is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks