Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 16:10   #706
Senior - BHPian

Your take on Honda Elevate pricing

Elevate has been launched in India and there have been mixed reactions to it.

Those who are happy with prices, mention that the price difference between City and Elevate is much lesser than the price difference between say a Verna and Creta. Hence, the price difference is justified with the form factor. (That said, Elevate misses out on a lot of equipment compared to City, and the general ambience of City is much more premium, same can't be said about Verna and Creta where the equipment as well as ambience is more or less equal).

Those who are unhappy with prices, feel the quality of materials, interior ambience, equipment, NVH is much lower than the Seltos or Creta and hence the marginal price difference is not justified.

PFB the price scenario across the different variants of Honda, Kia and Hyundai.
Lighter color scale displays the least price, while the darker shade is the costliest price. Variant names highlighted in green indicate automatic options.
Name:  Cm.png
Views: 1485
Size:  16.1 KB
My take-

What stands out for Honda-
A 4.3 M SUV styled car that has an automatic option at lower price points. This can be a master stroke that no one has thought off.

What goes against Honda-

Even after missing out on a lot of equipment, the price difference is minimal in WRT to competition (At OTR 18L price, VX variant of Elevate misses out on essentials like rear armrest and Cruise Control). Also these are introductory prices, therefore the price would be more or less similar to the competition in a month or so.

X Factor in the segment- Just realised Toyota offers a mid level Hybrid variant at the price of a NA CVT top model! This can be a great deal for people not preferring features, but value mechanical qualities and want a reliable car, all this with stellar fuel efficiency numbers!

I invite you to vote about how you felt about the Elevate prices. Thank you!

Last edited by 07CR : 4th September 2023 at 16:16.
07CR is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:15   #707

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Having driven only Maruti 800 and Swift for the past 14 years and planning to upgrade. here is my take on Elevate.

Elevate pricing is not too aggressive nor overpriced (From my perspective).

I am planning to buy a SUV.
Not a fan of Create/Seltos for its weak shell.
Relatives talked me out of Kushaq/Taigun for their after sales issues.
My wife not liking the Nexon, I had almost zeroed in on XUV300 for its good punchy engine at an affordable cost.

Was waiting for the Elevate prices to be announced. Now that Elevate pricing is announced, confused between XUV300 and Elevate.

So for people like me who are looking for an upgrade, I feel Honda Elevate is definitely a choice which cannot be ignored.
blackant052 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:22   #708
BHPian

The price reveal has left me muted about the Elevate. To me its neither good nor bad. Honda seems to be making decisions in an echo chamber. Neither the pricing or the features seem to be targeted at achieving anything specific in the market. It just seems they are releasing an SUV because they needed to get it off their chest.

The variant spread is poor in my view. If they were really pitching for the top trim, they should have just knocked off features like the sunroof and lane watch from the VX variant and got the price down.

And why on earth did they remove the body-coloured lower door cladding for all but the top trim? It makes the lower variants look really cheap.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-18.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-hondaelevatevxvariantfeatured1.jpg  

TribalRoar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:27   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a quick look at how the Elevate stacks up against its rivals - the Grand Vitara, Astor, Hyryder, Creta, Seltos, Kushaq and Taigun - on the price graph.

Honda Elevate Review-20230904_162623.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:31   #710
BHPian

While I don't think Elevate will fly off the shelves, it will hold its fort and sell upto 3-4K units a month. The pricing is decent. Feature mix is puzzling and I hope that the lack of normal cruise control is a typo, than an actual miss. Further, the SV variant with it's features and color options (or the lack of it) seems to be targeting the taxi market.

A decent launch by Honda, which could have a better job with the feature mix and pricing- but the Elevate will appeal to anyone who's looking for an ownership experience where the only to-do to keep the car running is the regular service and filling fuel.
govindremesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:40   #711
BHPian

Great pricing! But I would love to see Strong Hybrid Elevate to compete against Grand Vitara and Hyryder duo with aggressive price tag. I believe Elevate is a better product in comparison to the duo and will surely eat a healthy share from the two.
car_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:43   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
To be honest, if I want to buy Honda, I will buy City over Elevate with this pricing.
I don't think people shop cross categories. If I have to by a Sedan, I will probably go for Verna but for a CSU, I would go for Elevate or Seltos.

I agree with someone who mentioned that this over agonizing comparison with City is unfair. Criticize it all you want for the lack of features, pricing etc but let's not compare Apple to Oranges.
snoozingpirate is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:51   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post

Quiz for BHPians - Tell me one Car in Indian market (apart from Elevate) which is sold for 18 lakhs onroad and does not have Cruise Control?
arrey very easy- one of the best sellers these days - XUV700 AX5
InControl is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:53   #714

Enough views have been shared on the prices too so i will keep it short. To me its a decent price, not that great but not so bad either.

I am thinking to go ahead with my booking but curious to know whether Honda dealers also push for the accessories etc. Has anyone got the final quotation from the dealerships yet? What are your views on that.
rg_sv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:57   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I wonder if that plastic area on either side will be painful during long journeys even for 2 passengers on the rear seat? The bench width doesn't look wide enough after the centre armrest is opened.
You are not supposed to sit on the plastic area. Look at where the seat belts are placed, your shoulders will be just a bit past that position. There has to be a gap between the door and the intended place for the passengers or the side curtain airbags will cause injuries while deploying.

Quote:
It doesn't prevent the user from sitting near the door so it has absolutely nothing to do with safety. It pure cost cutting.
There is nothing preventing you from sleeping with your head or feet on the dashboard either but that is not what you are supposed to do and the airbag will injure you.

Sure they might have used plastic instead of cushions on that part to reduce some costs but the purpose behind why it is there remains the same. This is good engineering and thoughtful design.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:57   #716
BHPian

Quite surprising that Honda has not introduced an Hybrid variant for the Elevate, a la Honda City. A hybrid variant would have pitted the Elevate squarely against the Hyryder/Grand Vitara.
Old 4th September 2023, 16:59   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your take on Honda Elevate pricing

It is more than what I was hoping for, especially considering the salespeople were harping on extremely aggressive pricing. We all know that the product has its basics sorted but that’s about it, nothing special here. The Gen5 City, which is priced at par, boasts of superior quality materials inside out, feels much better finished, is roomier and has more equipment. And it runs discounts.

Let’s not forget that City prices have also increased by a good 75-100k over the past year, and it no longer is the value proposition it used to be. That makes the Elevate feel pushing beyond it’s ceiling. Seltos pricing is no benchmark. Just because one overpriced car is getting away with it, doesn’t mean everyone gets a license. I had expected Elevate to be priced at about 75k less than the City. And about par with Brezza, which is also fairly expensive for what it offers.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 17:02   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Quiz for BHPians - Tell me one Car in Indian market (apart from Elevate) which is sold for 18 lakhs onroad and does not have Cruise Control?
One more answer - Hycross Petrol G-SLF and GX. GX costs more than 22 lakh on road, still does not get cruise control.

Last edited by NH08 : 4th September 2023 at 17:08.
NH08 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 17:02   #719

SA sent this just now.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-screenshot_20230904_165958_drive.jpg  

snoozingpirate is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 17:17   #720
BHPian

Re: Your take on Honda Elevate pricing

Overpriced product for what it offers. Honda should know that it is not a market maker unlike Maruti. Expect discounts soon atleast on top variants. Variant distribution features is not justifying. Also Nexon can make huge dent on the sales of Elevate.

Last edited by VRSriram : 4th September 2023 at 17:19.
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks