Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 14:52   #691
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

I think car price is not tempting but good. Particularly for a person, like me, who is looking for an automatic in this segment, it is quite good. The cheapest automatic Creta is at 15.80 lakh, Seltos is at 16.60 lakh, Hyryder - I am not considering as there is a long waiting line.

So, as of now, I am keeping alive my booking for V CVT. Once I check it in person, and I am hoping it is good because it has all the necessary features that I require, then I will go ahead with it.
NH08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:53   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Attaching the accessories brochure. It is interesting to see the below two accessories in the brochure.

Attachment 2499227

The TPMS seems to be the one similar to the after-market ones available online and Honda providing it as an official accessory is a welcome thing. Also, any idea on what is this Drive View Recorder(#This is a co-branded item with Philips as per the brochure)? Is it a dash-cam they are talking about or something else? I am not finding both of these in the City brochure and these seem to be exclusive to the Elevate.
Interesting thing here is that Honda Connect app has in-built integrations for these items, so you will be able to view the TPMS data on your app itself. I just received an update on my honda connect app today. Not sure how the DVR will work - I anyway have 70MAI dashcam so not interested in DVR integration to the app. Next time I visit the Honda Service center, will check with them to see if the TPMS accessories are compatible with Honda City 5th gen (should be, if they are, will pick them up). The current tyre deflation warning system on City is crap (doesn't tell which wheel is punctured/has low air pressure).
LordSharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:53   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
The BNCAP crash testing will hopefully clear that up for the Seltos facelift, the new Creta, the Elevate and the OG that is Nexon.
To me, BNCAP is a sure way of making tin-can safety much more Indianized. In one way, Maruti, Kia, Hyundai who have perennially scored less than a 4 star in GNCAP will now score better and will slowly but surely influence lobbyists to make this as a deciding factor for safety.

Safety of a car is largely on how we drive it and what the car offers as an assitance to safey such as Airbags, additional sensors and now ADAS.
itzvicky201 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:59   #694
BHPian

Variant wise Colour Availablity. Only ZX CVT seems to have the dual tone option. Looks like this is a mistake and ZX MT should also get the option.(dealer yet to confirm)
Honda Elevate Review-img_20230904_143820.jpg

One thing I must say after going through the brochure of the City and the Elevate, Honda has royally screwed up the Variant distribution here.

Cruise control only on the ZX variant, whereas the City V gets adaptive cruise control.

Only 2 variants are worth buying, the Base which is well equipped and good value. The other is the Top Variant. Honda is clearly pushing the ZX hard!

Pricing seems to be on par though I personally feel Honda could have been a little more aggressive.
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:02   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
The quoted price range is kind of same as that of the 5th Gen City. Which also means the top end Elevate ZX will undercut Seltos HTX by about 50K for both MT and CVT/IVT variants. That would be a fair asking price, IMO.
I have no complaints with the pricing! It is on expected lines for the ZX variant.
One should be greedy if they're hoping Honda to undercut Seltos by a Lakh or more.
And I'd expect Honda to revise the price of Elevate proportionally, whenever Kia revises the price of Seltos.
venus1975 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:03   #696
BHPian

Comparing Elevate with Brezza, Venue, and Sonet says something about some of the biases which run in this forum.

Don't take me wrong, people absolutely cross shop segments (I did) but saying it's a fair game because they both are 4/5 seaters and comparing features list is something I expect to see in YouTube comments section, not here.

Regardless, I was excited about Elevate and it crested at the launch event. I'm not that optimistic on Elevate selling more than 3k units but knowing Honda India they probably will be content with it and churn it for next 2 years.

It's not going to be an 'upgrade' for most premium hatchback owners of yester years who are in or near their upgrade cycle. In my opinion, neither Seltos or Creta feels like a true upgrade.
Yieldway17 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:09   #697
BHPian

Hi, I think it is a very sensible pricing by Honda. If we compare Sedan vs SUV pricing of others (Hyundai-Skoda-VW), it is well within this ballpark of City-Elevate. For the first time I feel a good sense by Honda to keep price of Elevate very close to City so that people can have choice to buy either City as a sedan lover or Elevate for SUV lover within Honda showroom.

The only sad part for me is no alloys for V variant. It should have been there.

We are underestimating the reputation of Honda's 1.5 L iVtech.

With this pricing I think Elevate will sell 5k to 6k a month and City will be back to 3k in no time.
GoBabyGo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:10   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
To the common man who doesn't belong to fan group, every car has its own strength and weakness, so it's a matter of choice and now they have one more in the list.
Precisely. My colleague who was considering Kushaq 1.0 AT, Creta/Seltos NA IVT etc was surprised at the pricing. His budget is 20L OTR(stretched from 16L to 20L seeing no 4.2/3m AT crossover is available under that). He was expecting Honda to price it higher than competition as has been Honda's reputation but now that its undercutting them by a fair margin, he is very much interested in the Elevate.

His exact words : Already Creta/Seltos is known for unstable bodyshell rating but I was considering it as VW/Skoda service is a pain and reliability matters more. Hyryder/G.Vitara is reliable as well but the 1.5L mild-hybrid is timid. But now with Honda in picture, both reliability & safety ideally should be better and the 1.5iVtec is a very good engine for a NA. Lemme get a test drive & decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
The price seems quite reasonable, I was expecting the price to be inline/slightly premium than City. I am keeping my booking for now.
Thought so.

People keep talking about turbo and hybrid in competition but I fail to see the point in such comparison when HONDA clearly has no intension to get those. They made it very clear that they are competing with NA competition and have priced the Elevate accordingly(below almost every NA AT/CVT in the segment).

Looking at their plant capacity, I don't think they can deliver anything more that 3-4k Elevates for domestic market & at this price that number should be easily achievable.

Last edited by SoumenD : 4th September 2023 at 15:28.
SoumenD is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:11   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It doesn't prevent the user from sitting near the door so it has absolutely nothing to do with safety. It pure cost cutting.
A weird amount of hate and speculative misinformation being thrown around on this thread and this is one of the weirder ones.

It's a car with a 60:40 split, so pretty obvious how seats with forward facing side bolsters cannot lie flat when folded. Unsure how a design and packaging decision such as this is being portrayed as a cost cutting measure especially when, as someone who has actually sat in the backseat, it does not many any difference and is arguably much better than its rivals in terms of comfort.
A sentiment which is shared by most of the reviewers as well.

Car has obviously glaring cost cutting in certain areas just as most other cars in the segment eg The Korean twins cost cutting with their pathetic safety and the Maruti twins being the Maruti Twins.

Let's criticize the car and Honda for actual issues such as the moronic pricing rather than conjuring up non-existent issues.
Nayra is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:24   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Attaching the accessories brochure. It is interesting to see the below two accessories in the brochure.

Attachment 2499227

The TPMS seems to be the one similar to the after-market ones available online and Honda providing it as an official accessory is a welcome thing. Also, any idea on what is this Drive View Recorder(#This is a co-branded item with Philips as per the brochure)? Is it a dash-cam they are talking about or something else? I am not finding both of these in the City brochure and these seem to be exclusive to the Elevate.
I found this Phillips Dashcam/Drive view recorder while test driving the Elevate ZX CVT. I thought it was used for TD vehicle for insurance purposes. Will ask them if they will install in my CITY. This is a great accessory.
broke_enthu27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:27   #701

Got this from Muthoot Honda Trivandrum . Seems like a good pricing
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-elevate.jpeg  

arjan3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:28   #702
BHPian

My first impressions of the Honda Elevate when it was revealed was "plain vanilla" and for the most part they have priced it accordingly. The base and top variants are most definitely VFM! It is a big car and if I had ample parking space and not be living in a city, I would definitely choose it over its counterparts.
jomyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:42   #703
BHPian

The pricing seems along expected lines. Even if Honda is desperate for some sales, it cannot achieve that by pricing it substantially lower than rivals. It is competing in an upmarket segment and the only way to do it is to declare that you don't consider your product any inferior than the competition. It will never want to be seen as a cheaper alternative to the Seltos/Creta and I am sure the buyers of Elevate also will not want to be seen as someone who settled for it because they couldn't afford the rivals. That's just not how it works in this segment. There is a reason the GV is priced the way it is, despite being from the Maruti stable. The value segment is the one below it - Nexon, Sonet, etc. For that Honda will need a different product.
Malyaj is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 15:57   #704
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

To be honest, if I want to buy Honda, I will buy City over Elevate with this pricing. City is still a classy car and does everything perfectly.

I think Honda should have priced it little better, may be 50-100 K less in for all model. Also this is introductory price. Hope Honda will not increase it immediately next month after getting some bookings.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:04   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayra View Post
A weird amount of hate and speculative misinformation being thrown around on this thread and this is one of the weirder ones.

It's a car with a 60:40 split, so pretty obvious how seats with forward facing side bolsters cannot lie flat when folded. Unsure how a design and packaging decision such as this is being portrayed as a cost cutting measure especially when, as someone who has actually sat in the backseat, it does not many any difference and is arguably much better than its rivals in terms of comfort.
Apologies, I will then take back my words about cost cutting. This is bad design.

A lot of cars have splits seats now. I wonder how many forgo side bolstering to implement split seat? That plastic panel must be due to protruding C panel into the cabin space which doesn't allow wider seat back. Before you call me even weirder, the side bolstering makes a lot of difference on my brother's City.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th September 2023 at 16:08.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks