Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 23:10   #586
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Here is a video on V variant of Elevate. It is manual version.

NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 23:31   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I hope there's option to turn off ADAS if someone wishes to?
There is option to turn it off. There is however no option of switching it to warning only.
motographer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 01:03   #588
BHPian

Here's a free-wheeling comparison of the Elevate with other CSUVs. While there is a touch of favor towards Honda, it's not unjustified

Last edited by pannags : 31st August 2023 at 01:06.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:29   #589
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Here's a free-wheeling comparison of the Elevate with other CSUVs. While there is a touch of favor towards Honda, it's not unjustified
Everybody is gung-ho on the Honda's reliability and no nonsense ownership advantages.

I came to know that Honda had already manufactured 3500 odd units of Elevate and in Sep they are planning to make 10K Elevate. Looks like the dispatches and deliveries will happen quickly.

Any figures on, how many booking Honda had garnered for Elevate?
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 11:16   #590
BHPian

Visited Honda showroom Shubh Honda in Raipur to take a look at the Elevate.

Overall seems a notch below Honda City in terms of refinement but it can be lived with. But the major issue I felt were the front and rear seats.

Front :
Sitting area small . I am 5'10 with longer legs and I had to push the seat back and decrease the seat height , still felt lack of under thigh support at the angle i had to position my legs. After that I had to make the maximum telescopic steering adjustment to get into a okayish driving position. The distance between the base of the seat and the floor seems to be on the lower side. Even my wife who is 5'1 immediately noticed the same in the front passenger seat. (We are habituated to seat in the i20 and Ford aspire)

Rear : Better under-thigh support than the front. Seat recline is acceptable but would have been better with another degree more. Here the main problem is the middle hump. Its impossible for the 3rd person to seat. Anyone over 7-8 years cannot sit there. They should have provided a bench seat. Seems that Honda meant it strictly for two people.

In doubts about considering this vehicle after this.
Razor44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 21:10   #591
BHPian

Checked out Elevate V MT at Prestige Honda, Ludhiana today. They don't have a display car yet and are saying that the top end ZX variant will be displayed only after the price reveal. The V variant had wheel covers and was missing a lot of features as expected still I was able to sample the space on offer and the general build quality. The car is spacious like a typical Honda, with the front seat set according to my 6 feet height I had more than enough legroom at the back but the underthigh support was lacking. Doors felt sturdier and better than the gen 4 city which I'm familiar with and the sheet metal of all the panels felt strong and I guess first for a Honda was full wheel well cladding at the front and the back. Interior felt basic and quality too was just ok, the power window switches felt cheap and plain jane. The door frames didn't have rubber seals which in this day and age felt unacceptable. The radiator grille is just a low quality, flimsy piece which feels like it's pasted on an otherwise decently built car

Overall I think this car has its basics right based on the reviews(ride, handling, build, safety presumably, space, reliability) but lacks the bling of hyundai-kia which are basically all show no go cars. A lot is going to depend on the pricing and Honda should target Seltos HTX IVT with the ZX CVT wrt pricing +- 25,000. Anything more would be an overkill.
trinity0114 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 21:41   #592
BHPian

i canceled my booking for the Elevate ZX CVT due to the inadequate under-thigh support of the front seat for someone of my height, which is 5'11". While the process of making the initial booking was quite straightforward, the process of canceling turned out to be quite cumbersome. The dealership required me to complete two forms, provide a canceled cheque, as well as submit documents like Aadhar and PAN card. This entire experience was quite frustrating, especially considering how easy it was for them to accept my booking money through online payment and Aadhar verification. Instead of simply refunding the amount to the same account they received the payment from, they now demand a 15-day waiting period for the refund, along with the submission of all these documents. It seems baffling that they can't comprehend the simplicity of refunding the money to the original account without such complexity.
mukeshannamalai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 22:25   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post
…the process of canceling turned out to be quite cumbersome. The dealership required me to complete two forms, provide a canceled cheque, as well as submit documents like Aadhar and PAN card. This entire experience was quite frustrating, especially considering how easy it was for them to accept my booking money through online payment and Aadhar verification…
…they now demand a 15-day waiting period for the refund, along with the submission of all these documents.
It is understandably frustrating but I have had same experience with Maruti Nexa as well as Kia in October 2020. The Maruti (Nexa) dealership overcharged me and then took months to refund the money citing one excuse or the other. Kia dealership also took documents from me but none of them asked for Aadhaar verification etc. Kia returned the money without deductions within 7 days. Is Honda running a Government subsidy programme?

That being said, the money will return to you so do not worry. The people handling finance and accounts in car dealerships are the slowest people around when it comes to refund.
Old 31st August 2023, 23:18   #594
BHPian

Quote:
i canceled my booking ....
I can understand your frustration. In India, once you part way with your money it is excruciatingly difficult to get it back - in full. Mind you this is not only true for cars dealerships, but also for items such as clothes, electronics etc. In our country, one should think long and hard before signing a cheque, doing RTGS or simply handing over cash. Counter-party risk is extremely high in our country, and let's not even talk about the legal remedies.

Let's just hope Honda refunds the amount at the earliest.
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 02:29   #595
BHPian

Checked Honda Elevate today at Pride Honda showroom and as per discussion with SA, he told ZX Manual on road will be 18L in Hyderabad & also he said few color options for top end ZX manual are readily available for delivery after price announcement. About the car, interiors didn't feel that great & see hard plastics everywhere.
venkikewl is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 12:43   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post

Elevate V
Intersting to see many features, usually reserved for mid-spec variants by manufacturers like Hyundai and Kia, being provided in the base V variant itself by Honda.

I could spot fully keyless entry with request sensors on doors, push button start, touchscreen infotainment, LED headlamps, Automatic Climate Control, Wireless Android Auto, rear defogger, traction control, electrically foldable mirrors, rear view camera, rear parcel tray, full wheel arch covering etc., most of which are reserved for mid-spec variants by competitors. If priced right, this variant has massive potential to sell volumes, as no other competition has such a loaded entry variant.

Only miss is cruise control, which is crucial for those who drive on highways a lot and want to give their feet som rest once in a while.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st September 2023 at 12:50.
84.monsoon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 13:24   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Intersting to see many features, usually reserved for mid-spec variants by manufacturers like Hyundai and Kia, being provided in the base V variant itself by Honda.
V in honda city has cruise control - this sorely lacks that. If V CVT on road is ~15-16 then it would be a good buy.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 13:38   #598
BHPian

Quote:
i canceled my booking for the Elevate ZX CVT ... While the process of making the initial booking was quite straightforward, the process of canceling turned out to be quite cumbersome. The dealership required me to complete two forms, provide a canceled cheque, as well as submit documents like Aadhar and PAN card. This entire experience was quite frustrating, especially considering how easy it was for them to accept my booking money through online payment and Aadhar verification. Instead of simply refunding the amount to the same account they received the payment from, they now demand a 15-day waiting period for the refund, along with the submission of all these documents. ....
This is how Indian businesses earn interest on YOUR money.
I have seen abroad/online - you return/cancel a booking, the money is refunded INSTANTLY using the same mode of payment. Our friends here pretend not to know how to reverse a credit card transaction! Free working capital, delay the refund as much as possible!
cpbopanna is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:34   #599
BHPian

I finally checked out the Elevate.
  • PATHETIC under thigh support in every single seat. I cannot see myself sitting in this car for more than 5 minutes
  • Even with all the GC it's still a short car. Would have liked just a bit more height so we don't get blinded by oncoming floodlights
  • Seat travel is even lesser than in other Honda cars
  • Front passenger footwell is at an upwards angle so another ergonomic failure
  • Ugly dummy buttons including a weird square shaped filler above the gear shift indicators
  • Bland gear knob which looks like it was lifted from an entry level hatch back launched a decade back
  • Very high window lines make for a claustrophobic interior
  • Felt surreal to see the same switches from the BRV on the dash
  • Rear seat should have been given a recline option. Combined with the poor underthigh support it wasn't comfortable to sit there

All in all totally underwhelmed. The base models may still be VFM to someone but there is nothing appealing in my opinion in the top end models. If only they had managed to copy some of the advantages of the BRV (practicality, airiness, space management) along with the parts the car would have had a fighting chance. My interactions with some friends in the dealership indicated that others had voiced similar opinions as mine. This doesn't even feel like a Brezza competitor. A half hearted attempt by a lazy company. Won't be surprised if they pack up in the next decade and shift blame on the Indian consumers while leaving.
Iyencar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 20:28   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post

Elevate V
Disappointing to see V model without Cruise Control. Steering looks wierd without those controls on the right hand side. Honda City V IVTEC 2014 was well equipped!
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed