Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2023, 18:35   #466

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Pricing is very crucial for Elevate. Just by creating Hype, this car is not going to sell. Everyone is eagerly waiting for the prices to be announced. Expectations are to have this car priced considerably less then respective Honda City variants and obviously it should be around 2.5 lakhs cheaper than Seltos and Creta.
That's correct. What i could infer is that, at this moment, all they need is to create the hype and get more and more bookings to meet their targets (I assume SAs have targets for that too unless someone corrects me) eventually convert them to sales.

As per the recent speculations, it shall undercut city for sure. Somewhere I feel honda has already realized where this car stands and if not yet then i hope they better study the feedback and price it accordingly.
rg_sv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 20:49   #467
BHPian

Checked out Elevate today in Capital Honda , Meenambakkam . Car looks good and has a good stance . Quality wise , I did not feel its much different from Seltos . Rear seat space is bit tight for 3 adults , I felt Seltos it bit more spacious .

As per SA , Test drive will start post price announcement and RTO approval .

Should undercut Seltos price by good margin else other brand value of Honda, I don't see anything in Elevate's favour.
VigneshMC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 23:42   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hello all,

Today I visited the nearby Honda dealer in Bombay to have a first hand look of the Elevate and below are my observations. Please note that I drive a 2022 ZX Honda City so all my pointers will be in comparison to my City.
Can you mention which dealership did you visit in Mumbai? Arya Honda in Prabhadevi told me that the Elevate will be on display in Sept
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 06:54   #469
BHPian

Checked out Elevate again at Ring Road Honda with wifey to make some sense out of our dilemma of Seltos vs Elevate:

1. The driver side seat due to height adjust is OK - some extra legroom can be freed by reducing the driver side seat height, but the front passenger seat definitely lacks legroom and sorely misses height adjustment! The legs rest on a steep incline and felt very uncomfortable - not the place to sit for me or my tall elder son but my wife thought its manageable.

2. The rear seats under thigh support was not enough for my 5'8" frame but no complaints by my 5'1" wife - she even loved the rear inclined floor board which was just right for her but made my legs incline up with under thigh support reducing due to this. On the plus side, the front passenger seat can move WAY ahead, opening up massive legroom for taller occupants to sit comfortably - I had plenty of legroom that way if its just me and the driver travelling.

3. Thankfully, someone forced the sales rep to turn on the AC while I was in the car. The AC throw and air volume was superb (I was sitting in the rear seat!) and this was a great plus point for us!

4. Another plus - the steel on the doors felt solid and I pointed out to my wife that these doors are 'formed' at the window frame area. The Seltos has a very thin door frame around the window area with a thin welding to hold the frame together - the Elevate felt safer to us and this was a huge plus point

5. Considering the above points and noting that our driver will drive the car 90% of the time and usage would be mostly by the wife and kids, we booked the ZX CVT variant.

Last edited by reppy : 18th August 2023 at 06:57.
reppy is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 11:44   #470
BHPian

Based on whatever I see so far, Elevate will sure to make a dent on Grand Vitara/Urban Cruiser Hyrider, Seltos and Creta and for valid reasons.

Excellent choice overall.
SixPistons is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 12:57   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Can you mention which dealership did you visit in Mumbai? Arya Honda in Prabhadevi told me that the Elevate will be on display in Sept
hi,

This is Solitaire Honda at Borivali. They had the Elevate at display on 16th and 17th Aug, you can call them and see if they have moved their display vehicle to a different showroom now.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 13:39   #472
BHPian

A very nice opportunity to bounce back, held back due to tardiness and lethargy. A 1.5 Turbo Hybrid combo would have blown everything else out of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
Based on whatever I see so far, Elevate will sure to make a dent on Grand Vitara/Urban Cruiser Hyrider, Seltos and Creta and for valid reasons.
Yes, as a Honda fan I wanted them to dethrone every other, but they got out just to dent some sales from the aforesaid.

Last edited by saisree : 18th August 2023 at 13:42.
saisree is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 16:54   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

As the 'price reveal' nears, Honda Elevate seen in more dealerships!

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot-20230818-164955.png

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot-20230818-170112.png

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot-20230818-165027.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2023 at 17:02.
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 17:36   #474

I checked out the Honda elevate in Magnum Honda today! It was blue top-end automatic.

I liked
1. Driver seating position
2. Road presence should be very good considering the size
3. Back seats are very comfortable

I did not like
1. Co-driver seating position for tall people like me (6 ft)
2. Lot of exterior gaps all around, front hood and lights gap might be because of the chrome treatment given at the front near the headlights but looks odd. Gaps also pretty glaring between the boot lid and body
3. Color options are basic and minimal. I was tempted towards the flagship orange based on all the ads but the SA was not sure if it will be metallic. They have small car models in all available colors and orange was not looking good in that. Have to wait and see once all colors are available in flesh.

Important updates,
1. Cars will start coming to showrooms by end of this month
2. Launch with price reveal on either 3rd or 4th of Sep. Test dives will start alongside and deliveries also immediately
3. They have about 70 cars already allotted and another 150 cars to be allotted in the first batch
4. Prices expected between 11-16L or 12-17L ex-showroom. Most probably will be 11L-16L and other option mentioned is to set the expectations and surprise the customer!
AKSwamy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 17:54   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post

One thing in my personal opinion is that this should not be priced over OR at par with the City. Has to be a segment lower than the City.

This car could provide a good fight to the Nexon / Brezza if priced sensibly.
Great review from a City owner and good perspective too.

Many concur that the Elevate should be priced lower than the City, however if past trends with SUVs the size of Creta mean anything it'll be priced higher than the City.

If the Elevate is priced closer to the Nexon or Brezza then it'll probably sell well. And I hope it does. Is Honda trying to create a new segment between the Nexon and Creta?

Given the choice between the City and the Elevate at a similar price point I'd buy the City in a heartbeat.

I predict however that the Elevate will be priced at a premium over the City.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 12:46   #476

After the pre-booking, got an invitation yesterday from Capital Honda, Meenambakkam to have a look at the Elevate. They have a blue ZX CVT on display. Overall appearance is good, but the grill and bumpers seems to be very delicate. Fearfully flexible, though the structural stability is said to be fine.
Bumpers of Amaze seems to be sturdier.
Pricing is crucial for Honda.
AARKE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:51   #477
BHPian

So, a lot of people have been mentioning about the hump on the rear seat since the reviews started coming out.
I would like to present my view on this topic. The hump has been present in the City from quite a long time. It is not as uncomfortable as people are trying to make it look like.
I have travelled a lot as the 5th center passenger in our City along with my siblings. The hump is raised, yes, but it is soft and the centre handrest also has a soft back so it doesn't jut out. The seating is, on the contrary, not that bad and gives a commanding view out the windshield so much so that I often sit in the centre when alone on the backseat. It can be problematic if the passenger is tall.
Compared to the i20 on which I have also sat a lot, the centre seat sucks on that. The armrest is hard and juts out which hurts the backbone. Not sure if it is same in the Creta or the Seltos.
Candy$Cars is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 17:00   #478
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate launch on 4th September.

Honda Elevate Review-20230819_165942.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th August 2023 at 17:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 10:39   #479
BHPian

Since the car is not available in Dakshin Honda yet, went to Magnum Honda yesterday to check out the car. Here are some of my observations:
  • The car looks big outside, but feels somewhat small inside.
  • Driver seating position is excellent. Gives a commanding position. Even when the seat height is not fully up, the visibility was great.
  • Presence of both tilt and telescoping steering adjustment is good and helps pick a comfortable driving position.
  • Passenger seat didn't feel low. Bonnet lines visible both from driver and passenger seats.
  • I went with my friend who is tall and even when the passenger seat is pushed fully backwards, he said that his leg room had no issues.
  • The reat seat will work best only for two. It is not going to be comfortable for the middle passenger no matter however you try to adjust. This is in contrast to Seltos where three of us could sit comfortably. Not sure what Honda's engineers thought about this during design phase. At a tentative 20L+ top-end OTR price range, a four seater is not something many will compromise.
  • The window area starts a bit at a higher than usual position at the rear, but I didn't feel claustrophobic. Even when looked from outside, the rear window area looked small. You can clearly notice this if City is parked next to Elevate.
  • Boot space was pretty good. No complaints.
  • The car did not have keys so I couldn't open/close sunroof or try windows down/up etc.
I expected a lot of crowd in the showroom since the car reached the dealership only on Friday, but there wasn't much. We were able to patiently check out the car. Magnum Honda has both red and blue colour Elevate though the blue one only is put on display.

With that said, now, it is all upto the pricing as I believe every other details about the car is already out.

Last edited by skarthiksr : 20th August 2023 at 10:40.
skarthiksr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 11:26   #480

I own a Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT and am tempted to switch to the elevate. Havn't seen or test driven it since its not yet in showrooms here in Pune. The aspects that seem attractive in comparison to Kushaq are smoothness of NA engine compared to head-nod for passengers that 1.0 turbo causes especially in slow moving city traffic, and the softer seat cushioinig and plusher ride quality. All of this of course I need to personally vet with a test drive. But I my guess is as a highway vehicle the Kushaq would come out better in terms of power and feeling planted. And the other big aspect is CVT vs AT. I also own a Brio 1.2 AT and feel that torque converters are the best type of auto to own. So have to wait and see how the CVT performs in Elevate.
jms353 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks