Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2024, 13:52   #2056
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABeeBytes View Post
She looks gorgeous! Would you mind sharing the costs and time involved?
Thanks, I ended up paying 1.8L for complete car including ceramic coat for the plastic parts. Have got 10 years e-warranty from STEK.
Detailer took 4 days for complete work.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th August 2024 at 16:49. Reason: Punctuation.
karan888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 16:49   #2057

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish View Post
Got my Honda Elevate ZX CVT (non R) delivered yesterday. Any suggestions on getting the tyres replaced with a better profile tyre?

Got a good deal on the car. On road price 17.06 lacs including 5 year extended warranty and service package. (Delhi )
Do you mind sharing the dealership or tips? I am trying in multiple dealerships in gurgaon and rest of haryana, getting quotation of 17.25 lacs in haryana without extended warranty and service package. This is for ZX CVT Non-R white variant.
s.k. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 17:15   #2058

After several talks with Honda India, the dealership, and sharing several video and voice recordings, the dealer visited my home today to provide compensation for the unpleasant delivery experience.

One of the VP's of Modi Motors visited (Viva Honda among several other dealerships is owned by Modi)

The final compensation was as below (Tl;dr: an estimate of 1L in compensation according to their prices)

1. The right side fender, and bonnet will be swapped with an official Honda part (this will not come in my service history or anywhere in the history of this car). Also, this will be installed right in front of me at the Goregaon workshop.

2. We would be receiving refund of the extended warranty we have already paid for (~20k)

3. We will be receiving refund for the accessories we have already paid for (~42k)

4. Both the above refunds (~62k) will be given within 15 working days post delivery and after I share a canceled cheque.

5. Further, I was opting for accessories worth 33k from Tarun Sir (front parking camera, car cover, floor lamination, step illumination etc), which is not paid yet but will be provided from your side at no cost.

6. Further, Tarun Sir will provide the sun film and ceramic coating as discussed, (It will be installed in front of me)

Just a question - the sun film they will provide, is ok to put? Or will cause any damage to my glass if asked to be removed / the sun film is around 20k cost when they sell separately (they not providing any other accessory instead of this so i'm assuming very high margins on this)
hotlineking is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 14:05   #2059
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG770 View Post
Hi,

Im posting for the 1st time on Team BHP, although have been a regular visitor for sometime.
I bought a Honda Elevate AT appox 10 months back and have done close to 16K km's, mostly city driving.

Positives
1) I find the vehicle to be ideal for our requirements, it is a "Fill It and Forget" kind of vehicle.
2) The AT is smooth and very comfortable in Delhi's traffic, with adequate power to weave in and out of traffic
3) The external dimensions are spot on. Not too large, Not too small. Internally the seating positions are good, although i would have preferred a little more sliding in the driver's seat.
4) Honda service is good, prompt and courteous.

Negatives
1) I would have preferred more sliding motion for the drivers car seat. I find the space a little cramped for me (5ft 11 inches )
2) After using a Innova for a bit, i also do find the NVH not up to the mark, therefore exploring options for noise damping in the market.
3) We just did a 900 Km road trip to the hills, we drove to Binsar from Delhi. With 4 passengers the vehicle did feel underpowered in the hills and at times didn't inspire confidence to overtake vehicles ahead. The power deliver through the CVT was very slow and the "Rubber Band " effect very prominent. Dearly missed having a manual transmission.

Overall me and wifey are very happy with the purchase and look forward to years of happy driving with our Elevate.
First of all, it's a great choice. The Honda Elevate is a car that's going to stay rock solid for the years to come. Did you observe it's fuel economy over this period during the commutes, driving on open roads, and a mix of both? Your response would be much appreciated. Regards.
Old 30th August 2024, 20:06   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan888 View Post
Finally got STEK Matte PPF on my Blue Elevate. Sharing few pics

Attachment 2629186

Attachment 2629188

Attachment 2629187

Attachment 2629189
This has totally transformed Elevate to a new dimension of menacing looks. While it looks awesome under the lights, curious to see how it looks out in the sun, can you pls post few pics in sun?
Old 31st August 2024, 08:43   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
3) We just did a 900 Km road trip to the hills, we drove to Binsar from Delhi. With 4 passengers the vehicle did feel underpowered in the hills and at times didn't inspire confidence to overtake vehicles ahead. The power deliver through the CVT was very slow and the "Rubber Band " effect very prominent. Dearly missed having a manual transmission.

That's one thing that baffles me endless when very respected bhpians sing peans about the city and the 1.5L ivtec engine. It's okay, nice, but certainly not the best thing similar money can buy today.
I found the city too noisy, unstable & underpowered ; it's incapable to even be in the rear view mirror now. Since elevate shares the same DNA, I did not even imagine it could be better.
ABeeBytes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 16:26   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
That's one thing that baffles me endless when very respected bhpians sing peans about the city and the 1.5L ivtec engine. It's okay, nice, but certainly not the best thing similar money can buy today.
I found the city too noisy, unstable & underpowered ; it's incapable to even be in the rear view mirror now. Since elevate shares the same DNA, I did not even imagine it could be better.
As an owner of 2024 City CVT, all I can say is that the CVT variant is best enjoyable for sedate driving.
My neighbour, who has a 2022 City Manual, say that it is best enjoyed in the manual variant. Its his words, I have not driven the manual variant.
Old 31st August 2024, 18:53   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
iVTEC lets Honda engines deliver power starting from lower rev ranges all the way to a 7000rpm redline in the 1.5L engine seen in Honda City and Elevate. The delivery is very linear. More rpm, more pulling power in every gear.

The other engines you are talking about (I am assuming the Creta/Seltos turbocharged and other such engines) use turbocharging. The problem with these engines is that they need the rpms to build up before they deliver power. So the delivery is not linear.

Another plus for a Honda is that the engine keeps pulling till the redline of 7000rpm and Turbos typically go upto 6000rpm. This lets the driver stay in the same gear for longer.

Due to these subtle advantages:
A manual Honda in the hands of a skilled driver
will beat
the turbos in the hands of a skilled driver
on typical urban street scenarios any day.

(This observation is mainly from my experience with my Honda City and Elevate on the streets of NCR ;-)).

YMMV.
hondadriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 12:40   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
Did you observe its fuel economy over this period during the commutes, driving on open roads, and a mix of both? Your response would be much appreciated. Regards.
I do a mix of city and highway driving everyday. I am consistently getting an average of 11-12 if traffic is bad and 13.5-14 is traffic is light. On my recent outing to Pune and back, I clocked an average of 18 driving a distance of about 270kms.
Circuit10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 14:59   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
  1. Did you try using the paddle shifters on your hill climbs?
    Even in 'D' mode, you can use the "-" paddle to downshift and get some extra power and acceleration for quick overtakes. One or two clicks should usually be enough depending on the situation.
  2. Did you try using the 'S' mode in the hills climbs?
Old 1st September 2024, 21:01   #2066

Hi,
We did use the 'S' mode quite a bit, but still it didn't inspire confidence in quick overtakes. In the hills it's important to feel that the car will respond immediately to right foot inputs.
But the suspension is really good, hardly any body roll, very precise.

Cheers
Old 1st September 2024, 21:20   #2067
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit10 View Post
I do a mix of city and highway driving everyday. I am consistently getting an average of 11-12 if traffic is bad and 13.5-14 is traffic is light. On my recent outing to Pune and back, I clocked an average of 18 driving a distance of about 270kms.
That's great efficiency, to be honest.
Old 2nd September 2024, 18:20   #2068

Hi guys,

The dealership is offering me one of these accessories for free:

1. Ceramic Coating (I don't want to get this done from them for the unpleasant experience I had before, and getting it done from Ceramic Pro SoBo instead)

2. Sun Film - They are speaking about some Duracell brand, which is Korean and comes with a 3 year warranty. 70/30.

When I mentioned haven't heard of this brand, they said they can apply Garware as an alternative - but does this have duplicates etc?

3. Front Parking Camera - They can install a front parking camera from Global Byte.

Could you please let me know what would be the best accessory I can apply for getting the maximum benefit?

The prices they sell these 3 are:

1. Ceramic Coating - 19k
2. Sun Film - 20k
3. Front Parking Camera - 11k

Front Parking Camera even though being 11k, can't be a fake? While the other 2 could be some local brand and I wouldn't come to know?

Thanks for the same guys!
Old 2nd September 2024, 20:05   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.k. View Post
Do you mind sharing the dealership or tips? I am trying in multiple dealerships in gurgaon and rest of haryana, getting quotation of 17.25 lacs in haryana without extended warranty and service package. This is for ZX CVT Non-R white variant.
I got this from crown Honda delhi on 2/3 phone calls itself. Gurgaon dealers were offering 17.6 odd. You can DM me - will share the contact coordinates of my sales advisor
Old 3rd September 2024, 10:04   #2070

Hi guys,
I scratched my mom's brand new 1 month old Elevate while I tried to go right and a mazzaro overtook me and went left after the overtake. There is a very minor scratch at the front bumper and the panel next to it. Should I claim insurance over this? Could this lead to rust? If not, should I just leave it be?Honda Elevate Review-img20240903095317.jpg

Honda Elevate Review-img20240903095338.jpg

Honda Elevate Review-img20240903095342.jpg
balajimurugaiya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks