Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2024, 15:26   #2041
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

I understand your pain and concern. But, I would strongly suggest you ask for a replacement panel (plus some complementary warranty things) and make peace. Like others pointed, its more cosmetic. You have already taken lot of pressure (Consumer Court, Forums etc...). New car purchase always hold a different sentiment.

You will drive this car for some years to come and I belive you don't want to have a bad sentiment about the car. If you think too much about it now, later even a small puncture on the car will point towards this incident in you mind. You will always think, I was sold a lemon.

Last edited by shashi792 : 24th August 2024 at 15:28.
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 17:37   #2042
BHPian

My opinion, replace the bonnet and panel. As compensation, ask for an additional discount or the maximum extended warranty and free (complete) service till lets say 50k kms. Do not opt for teflon coating (which is a joke at dealership level).
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 18:15   #2043
BHPian

Just stay calm and relax. We are not in a perfect world, that too in a country like India where perfection almost takes the last bench. Just get the panels replaced in front of you, remove anything from their body shop / service history, get some additional discounts, take delivery and enjoy the car.

It is not worth going any other path and be happy that you just need to deal with non mechanical parts. Good luck

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 11:36   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yes, I’m also not trusting the CMBS for now. The least Honda can do for now is to provide a software update where we can turn off this system completely. Regarding the grinding noise, I think it was the ABS only. Don’t see anything else making that noise.
I am also facing similar issue in my City Hybrid and wrote a mail to Honda to address the issue. But as expected no solution and the regular blah blah that it’s a safety feature.

Request if someone can make a survey on teambhp for their views on CMBS and we can submit the result to Honda.
samitjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 13:04   #2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlineking View Post
Guys had one of the most pathetic days, sorry to rant about this.

Sorry for my rant guys, would really appreciate a response.
What has happened is absolutely unfortunate. I have learnt it the hard way when i had to sell my Hyundai Verna after 7 years of usage and go to know that the front right door and bonnet was replaced before the PDI was done. I was still naive at that time and blindly trusted the dealer. Not sure if something can be done other than accept the car as it is (assuming they have done a good paint job) and negotiate hard for extended warranty and other accessories.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th August 2024 at 16:25. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote selectively as a large quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 25th August 2024, 14:53   #2046
BHPian

Saw this pleasingly modified Elevate today. The wheel claddings and the fog lamp area has been painted white, which for me enhances the look of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-01.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-02.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-03.jpg  

rajivr1612 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 06:27   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit10 View Post
Hello folks
1. Is it possible to add rear middle seat headrest in the non R model?
2. Which tpms system is good to install which also doesn’t spoil the neat and clean look of the cabin? Can this system be integrated with the Honda connect app?
Any advise on the above two points?

Quote:
Have you got in touch with the general manager Zahid? Do you want his contact no?

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th August 2024 at 11:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 26th August 2024, 14:59   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks
1. Is it possible to add rear middle seat headrest in the non R model?
Should be possible but I dont think can be done directly from Honda. You will have to retrofit it from outside using Honda genuine parts. Not sure though.

Quote:
Hello folks
2. Which tpms system is good to install which also doesn’t spoil the neat and clean look of the cabin? Can this system be integrated with the Honda connect app?
Honda comes with its own TPMS which can be integrated to Honda connect app. But the cost is around 12k which is not jusifyable for me.
Treel brand from JK tyres is a good option which can be connected to your phone and from there to Android Auto/ Carplay as well. Its an internal sensor and the cost varies from shop to shop. For me the cost was 3k including balancing and alignment.
Detailed Info: Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review
akhilshenay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 10:40   #2049
BHPian

Quote:

I'm just 28, and this was the first car I was purchasing for my parents from my hard earned money. ..........................It would be completely draining to go to consumer court, fighting for 2 years, blocking my 20L or so all this while - and the worst, being without a car all this while.

Sorry for my rant guys, would really appreciate a response.
Don't worry. I've bought my Honda Elevate from Viva Honda Santacruz too...
First...........Have the parts changed not repainted.
Second.........Get some complimentary work or accessories done for the unpleasant harrowing experience.

Rest assured, the car drives like a gem and Honda After Service at their workshop in Goregaon is very helpful.
Old 27th August 2024, 11:50   #2050
Senior - BHPian

Last week I took a test drive of Honda Elevate. While I liked the automatic gearbox for smooth shifts, NVH is not controlled properly. I kept the music system off and even in city driving condition I could hear engine noise. I was expecting better from Honda. I will check manual variant soon to see if there is a difference.
Old 27th August 2024, 18:53   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan888 View Post
Finally got STEK Matte PPF on my Blue Elevate.
She looks gorgeous! Would you mind sharing the costs and time involved?
Old 27th August 2024, 22:31   #2052
BHPian

Got my Honda Elevate ZX CVT (non R) delivered yesterday. Any suggestions on getting the tyres replaced with a better profile tyre?

Got a good deal on the car. On road price 17.06 lacs including 5 year extended warranty and service package. (Delhi )
anish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 23:19   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish View Post
Got my Honda Elevate ZX CVT (non R) delivered yesterday. Any suggestions on getting the tyres replaced with a better profile tyre?

Got a good deal on the car. On road price 17.06 lacs including 5 year extended warranty and service package. (Delhi )
The engine has 121ps power. For that, I would not upsize the tire from 215 width that it currently has. Nor would I recommend going to 18" wheels.

I would recommend you get tires that are quieter than the stock ones (If the noise is a concern for you). On my Elevate V, I got my stock goodyears changed to continental UC6. This has reduced the road noise considerably. YMMV.
hondadriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 05:54   #2054

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish View Post

Unbelievable discount. I think it is 1 Lakh plus less than last years on road price
Old 28th August 2024, 13:43   #2055

Hi,

Im posting for the 1st time on Team BHP, although have been a regular visitor for sometime.
I bought a Honda Elevate AT appox 10 months back and have done close to 16K km's, mostly city driving.

Positives
1) I find the vehicle to be ideal for our requirements, it is a "Fill It and Forget" kind of vehicle.
2) The AT is smooth and very comfortable in Delhi's traffic, with adequate power to weave in and out of traffic
3) The external dimensions are spot on. Not too large, Not too small. Internally the seating positions are good, although i would have preferred a little more sliding in the driver's seat.
4) Honda service is good, prompt and courteous.

Negatives
1) I would have preferred more sliding motion for the drivers car seat. I find the space a little cramped for me (5ft 11 inches )
2) After using a Innova for a bit, i also do find the NVH not up to the mark, therefore exploring options for noise damping in the market.
3) We just did a 900 Km road trip to the hills, we drove to Binsar from Delhi. With 4 passengers the vehicle did feel underpowered in the hills and at times didn't inspire confidence to overtake vehicles ahead. The power deliver through the CVT was very slow and the "Rubber Band " effect very prominent. Dearly missed having a manual transmission.

Overall me and wifey are very happy with the purchase and look forward to years of happy driving with our Elevate.
VG770 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks