Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2024, 21:12   #1861

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajimurugaiya View Post
Did your dealer tell you within when they could deliver the R edition? We booked the ZX MT R edition 10 days back and the dealer doesn't know when they will even start with the production of the car and told me that he'd be able to give me an update only after July 5th. Now I'm thinking if I should settle for the old edition itself and get it delivered within the next 10 days.
I guess depends on the variant. In CVT he has a few colors readily available, although he was trying to convince me to go for the older model. I guess want to clear out the old inventory. I am yet to finalise the color and book but when I asked for a dual tone, he did not have one. And simply said that they can paint it

If you are not too keen on this particular dealer you can check with others if they have your variant. I don't think these cars are selling like hot cakes, so in all probability you may get the one.

For your last statement, it's upto you if you don't feel such a great value for the R. For me, the rear center head rest and 3 point seatbelt are reasons enough. Can't add them later.
Old 18th June 2024, 22:45   #1862
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a new car in the compact SUV segment. I've tried almost all offerings in the segment except Seltos and have shortlisted Honda Elevate CVT and Hyundai Creta 1.5 CVT. Safety, reliability and few features are the important requirements. Exterior design wise, I like both and both offered similar driveability.

Things found better in Creta:
1. Back seat comfort is better for 3 people in Creta with seat being a tad bit wider and with a flat bench, the middle passenger is going to be more comfortable than the central bump in Elevate. Also, the sun blinds on the rear seat add to the comfort for rear passenger.

2. Cabin insulation appeared better in Creta & with less engine & road noise, the cabin appeared quieter. It was not too bad in Elevate, but don't know how much noisy that cabin is going to be at highway speeds.

3. Creta definitely has the upper hand in terms of some important basic features like usb ports for rear passengers & TPMS. I am not a fan of panoramic sunroof, so not counting it as an advantage in Creta. Ventilated seats are definitely an advantage but I don't find powered seats of much use unless they come with memory function.

4. I also feel that ADAS is not a very useful feature in Indian conditions as of now but definitely would rate Creta's radar based of more use than the camera based ADAS of Elevate, specifically in heavy rains and fog.

Things found better in Elevate:
1. Riding position is definitely better with Elevate.

2. Found Elevate's interior to be better.

3. I am assuming Honda to be more reliable in the long run. Also, the urge to own the famed iVtec before the age of ICE engines end.

To me, it appears that Elevate ZX CVT is better bet than Creta S(O) IVT in the same price bracket. Creta appears to make more sense in the higher priced SX Tech variant. My running is predominantly going to be in City with occasional highway drives and some mountain & hilly runs(definitely hoping to drive to Spiti next year)

Conundrum: Should I go for Elevate ZX or push the budget and go for Creta SX Tech(if it's really worth it). Although, pushing the budget would be better avoided.

Any suggestions from forum members are welcome.
motographer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 22:59   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post

Conundrum: Should I go for Elevate ZX or push the budget and go for Creta SX Tech(if it's really worth it). Although, pushing the budget would be better avoided.

For me, drivability scores above everything and features matter only for the best deivable car. I mean I always try to get the top model of the best car to drive.
Hence on this Elevate in my opinion is best and enjoyable. Driving creta is not so confifence inspiring.
utkarshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 15:42   #1864

Quote:
Did your dealer tell you within when they could deliver the R edition? We booked the ZX MT R edition 10 days back and the dealer doesn't know when they will even start with the production of the car and told me that he'd be able to give me an update only after July 5th. Now I'm thinking if I should settle for the old edition itself and get it delivered within the next 10 days.
The R Variant production was started in April and if needed can be taken. There are no discounts on these as this is a new Variant.
I wanted to get the ZX CVT in May and I had specifically mentioned that it has to be April manufactured. I booked it in March and since I was aware that the prices were set to increase, I specifically told I will get the April model. At that time, I was told about the R Variant and I was okay with that.
I actually, was shown a March one which I rejected and I got the new April manufactured.
Old 19th June 2024, 22:15   #1865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash1407 View Post
The R Variant production was started in April and if needed can be taken. There are no discounts on these as this is a new Variant.
I wanted to get the ZX CVT in May and I had specifically mentioned that it has to be April manufactured. I booked it in March and since I was aware that the prices were set to increase, I specifically told I will get the April model. At that time, I was told about the R Variant and I was okay with that.
I actually, was shown a March one which I rejected and I got the new April manufactured.
I guess this is only for the CVT variants which is also being exported. Looks like Honda is prioritising export demand.

My dealer said he can give an update on the production of R variant Manuals only after July 5th. Kind of makes me wonder if the car is even selling that much within India. I think I've just got to wait for now...
balajimurugaiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 23:37   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference in the R variant?
Old 19th June 2024, 23:48   #1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
What is the difference in the R variant?
An extra head rest for the rear seat passenger, 3 point seatbelt and some supposed noise damping.
balajimurugaiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 18:54   #1868
BHPian

Honda Elevate's 1.5L i-Vtec is a gem of an engine. Comparing it with turbocharged petrol engine is a futile exercise. As far as the naturally aspirated engines are concerned this one is the best in terms of performance and efficiency balance. The 1.5L i-Vtec scores very high in terms of engine responsiveness, tractability and revviness. It starts pulling cleanly and reassuringly from almost idle rpms. And the tractability is so strong that it could pull from as low as 35kmph in its top gear. Engine response and tractability plays a very important role when it comes to everyday driving. Having such an engine under one's bonnet is a blessing rather than waiting for the boost which can catch people off guard. The 1.5L i-Vtec may not have that midrange kick of a turbo petrol motor but it will remain reliable and rock solid for decades and most importantly won't cake up the cylinder head and intake manifold with carbon. I don't know why people bashing up Honda for no reason.
Phantom 510 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 00:30   #1869

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
. For example, even during the day time with bright sunlight, the infotainment screen gets into night vision mode the moment you cross any under bridge pass. I feel this is a design related bug. The system initiates night vision mode when the light sensor detects less sunlight. At least for the infotainment screen, the system should have a grace period of at least 10 to 15 seconds before getting into night vision mode.
The night mode in infotainment is actually an android auto feature. You can choose to make it day mode always in your android auto settings in phone.
Attached screenshot for your reference

After the update wireless crash still happens and sometimes it reconnects and sometimes in doesn't. But this is the case due to wifi interference at specific places only.

The update does fix the black screen issue though. Now there is no black screen intermittently
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-screenshot_20240621_002620_android-auto.jpg  

sedate monkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 09:23   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post

I was in a similar boat, except that I also threw in the MG ZS Astor and the XUV 700 AX5 for good measure. Talk about tractability in budget and segments ! I finally opted for the Creta SX(O) IVT

What tipped it in favor of the Creta:
1. That IVT is so smooth to start, it almost feels like a hybrid - this is a feedback that came from friends who sat in the back seat. Not so with the Elevate, even it's CVT gearbox felt a little crude to operate for me.

2. Enough space like you said. The visibility is pretty good in most cars and let's face it - after some time, you get used to your car and have a pretty good idea of what to watch out for. One thing that I didn't like was the Elevate's seating position - I took 2 test drives and couldn't find a good position. I also took a test drive of the City and everything simply fell in place there, but not so in the Elevate. The Creta, with it's powered driver seat helps you find a good seating position.

3. Auto-hold & 360 camera - in Bangalore's traffic, this needs to be a must-have. I have driven a few automatics and I'm usually a nervous wreck even after all these years of driving. The auto-hold just makes it so relaxing in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Close-shave maneuvers are a daily thing and the 360 camera does a fantastic job in helping me judge the narrowest of spaces well. This needs to be a must-have in all cars in this price range. Would very strongly urge you to reconsider a car with these 2 features.

4. ADAS and passive safety. Hyundai claim to have beefed up the creta's structural integrity with AHSS, but unless the crash test claims come out, there is no objectivity there. The Elevate might trump there. I am a sedate driver and have kept all of the Creta's ADAS settings enabled. Reversing is the only time where the braking is a little harsh, but all of the other ADAS features are non-intrusive in the Creta and provide peace of mind on the occasional highway trip. If you're going for the Elevate, do go for the variant with Adaptive Cruise Control - I didn't know highway cruising could be this relaxing. The Creta also has this and it works very well for me.

5. NVH - This is a high priority for me, with our noisy streets and my high anxiety levels - I wanted the cabin to be as quiet as possible and the Elevate fares very poorly here. The Creta trumps here like you said.

Lastly, people bash Hyundai and Kia for focusing on features. To each their own, some people like the driving pleasure more and some people like the sense of comfort, and the convenience of gadgetry more. I do find merit in the point that after paying north of 20L, you do need your money's worth and all of the features provide plenty of bang for your buck in the Creta. The Elevate felt like it ticked most boxes, but there was nothing special about it. Just felt plain utilitarian.

I won't talk about the AX5 and Astor - that's a separate discussion.
But hopefully, my inputs provide some food for thought.
capnemo is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 10:48   #1871

Quote:
An extra head rest for the rear seat passenger, 3 point seatbelt and some supposed noise damping.
Hi,
I checked with the dealer from where
I have booked the Elevate. He has reassured and reconfirmed that the R model does not have extra noise damping. Only extra headrest for rear middle passenger and seat belt reminder for all passengers are the additional features in the ZX model.
Circuit10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:10   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedate monkey View Post
The night mode in infotainment is actually an android auto feature. You can choose to make it day mode always in your android auto settings in phone.

The update does fix the black screen issue though. Now there is no black screen intermittently

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I will switch on the Day mode in the Android auto settings. I guess one can manually switch to night mode (during the night drive) on the Infotainment itself. Will try out and update the same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
Honda Elevate's 1.5L i-Vtec is a gem of an engine. Comparing it with turbocharged petrol engine is a futile exercise. As far as the naturally aspirated engines are concerned this one is the best in terms of performance and efficiency balance. …. The 1.5L i-Vtec may not have that midrange kick of a turbo petrol motor but it will remain reliable and rock solid for decades and most importantly won't cake up the cylinder head and intake manifold with carbon. I don't know why people bashing up Honda for no reason.
In fact Honda turbos too are having issues in the international market. With the Indian fuel quality not as good as the one available outside, turbos are bound to have issues in long term. And I don’t know the long term impact of the high ethanol content based fuels on the turbos. Recently, when I serviced my motorcycle, the Throttle body assembly was taken out to clean. Though the outside part was clean, the inside part was full of carbon gunk (odo reading 35000 kms). I used to ride the motorcycle on the highways only and filled the tank from reputed bunks only. Still the inner side of the TBs were full of black carbon deposit. So it is very difficult to imagine how the inner cylinder of direct injection turbo petrol engine will look like after clocking a good number of miles. Someone looking for long term ownership, it would be better to stay with NA engines. Of course, “long term vs fun to drive” is part of one’s subjective requirements.

Yes, the Honda 1.5 I-VTEC motor offers decent tractability in top gear (especially in 4/5th gear). It is more to do with the shorter gearing ratios available across all the gears on the Elevate.

Last edited by shan_ned : 21st June 2024 at 12:14.
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:22   #1873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit10 View Post
Hi,
I checked with the dealer from where
I have booked the Elevate. He has reassured and reconfirmed that the R model does not have extra noise damping. Only extra headrest for rear middle passenger and seat belt reminder for all passengers are the additional features in the ZX model.
Congrats on the booking! Did you go for the Manual or CVT and do you know by when the car will be delivered?
Old 21st June 2024, 20:32   #1874

Quote:
Congrats on the booking! Did you go for the Manual or CVT and do you know by when the car will be delivered?
Thank you! I have booked CVT ZX model. Next week I will do the PDI and the week after car will be ready for delivery!
Old 22nd June 2024, 00:57   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnemo View Post
5. NVH - This is a high priority for me, with our noisy streets and my high anxiety levels - I wanted the cabin to be as quiet as possible and the Elevate fares very poorly here. The Creta trumps here like you said.
Thanks, that's a useful comparison between the Creta and the Elevate.

I completely agree about the Elevate's poor NVH and cabin sound insulation. Its a major disappointment in an otherwise sorted car. At over 100 kmph, I can hear wind noise from the front corner of the driver side window, if I put my ear slightly closer.

Has anyone here been able to come up with a fix for this issue? Has sound dampening proven useful? What about the wind noise?
amandal1810 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks