Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2024, 14:34   #1846

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan888 View Post
Congratulation for your new car.

I just took the delivery of my Elevate ZX CVT blue 3 days back in Bangalore. Dealer had no issues with third party inspection, I had booked my inspection from zekardo and it was all fine luckily. You can speak to dealer about this or alternatively look for another dealer.

Yes, spare tyre is one size smaller, shorter ride until you get your tyre fixed, shouldn't be a problem provided you are within the speed limits (usually its below 80kmph). This is quite common with multiple car manufacturer.
In case of doubt you can also look at 2-3 another elevate which dealer might have, I did the same for few questions I had.
Thank you Karan888 and SixPistons for the inputs. I haggled a lot with Regent Honda, Kalyan dealer but they would not budge on allowing 3rd party PDI. I have decided to cancel the booking with them and instead discussed the same deal with another dealer who has agreed without any hesitation at the same price! Only downside is the wait just got longer to get my hands on a shiny new Elevate!
Old 15th June 2024, 15:58   #1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit10 View Post
Only downside is the wait just got longer to get my hands on a shiny new Elevate!
Don't worry I must say its worth the wait. By the way I got my Elevate within 1 week of my booking in Bangalore since there was already a vehicle in transit. I was also told by dealer that there's huge stock with Honda now for Elevate. You can try pushing the dealer a bit if wait is longer, alternatively you can ask him if he can get the car from another dealer, since they keep shuffling cars between dealers.
Old 15th June 2024, 23:39   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Philips View Post
Now my Dealer is asking me to pay 50% cost before PDI can be scheduled where he is saying they don't allow anyone to visit the stock yard and that the car will be brought to the showroom. Also he vehemently refused to allow third party PDI stating that in one case the PDI fellow connected something to the car due to which a sensor costing 15000 failed.
Is this usually the case where we need to pay 50% before PDI?
Update: I pushed the dealer to allow PDI either at dealership or stockyard based on the initial booking amount only. They claimed that they cannot allow PDI at Stockyard since it's a multi-brand stockyard and they do PDI only at showroom. Finally we compromised and I provided post dated cheque for the day after the PDI. I did the PDI myself and on successful PDI transferred the remaining payment online and collected the cheque back.

I've finally taken delivery on Wednesday of this week. Rest of the experience was smooth and hassle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit10 View Post
Hello folks,

I just booked elevate zx cvt in blue colour from Regent Honda Kalyan, Mumbai. I have 2 questions for which I need help and answers -

1. The dealer says NO PDI is allowed by a third party. Only registered owners and/or blood relatives are allowed for PDI. Is this a Honda policy or is the dealer being stubborn? What should I do? I have written to the customer relations dept of Honda and they in turn forwarded my query to the dealer only to answer. I found this to be a bit strange.

Mine was the same dealer in Thane and same model and colour too. They clearly wrote in their email after booking too that they didn't allow 3rd party inspection. I did the inspection myself and went ahead.
I read your latest update that you cancelled and booked through another dealer. Can you share which dealer have you booked from now? Hope you have better experience in the other dealership.
Old 16th June 2024, 09:39   #1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan888 View Post
Don't worry I must say its worth the wait. By the way I got my Elevate within 1 week of my booking in Bangalore since there was already a vehicle in transit. I was also told by dealer that there's huge stock with Honda now for Elevate. You can try pushing the dealer a bit if wait is longer, alternatively you can ask him if he can get the car from another dealer, since they keep shuffling cars between dealers.
Yes the dealer says car is available in stock. Will get PDI done in the coming week and take delivery the week after. How is your first experience of owning and driving the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Philips View Post
Update: I pushed the dealer to allow PDI either at dealership or stockyard based on the initial booking amount only. They claimed that they cannot allow PDI at Stockyard since it's a multi-brand stockyard and they do PDI only at showroom. Finally we compromised and I provided post dated cheque for the day after the PDI. I did the PDI myself and on successful PDI transferred the remaining payment online and collected the cheque back.

I've finally taken delivery on Wednesday of this week. Rest of the experience was smooth and hassle free.

Mine was the same dealer in Thane and same model and colour too. They clearly wrote in their email after booking too that they didn't allow 3rd party inspection. I did the inspection myself and went ahead.
I read your latest update that you cancelled and booked through another dealer. Can you share which dealer have you booked from now? Hope you have better experience in the other dealership.
Congratulations for your new car! Any first reactions and thoughts? I have booked from a dealer in the city. More to reveal once things progress.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2024 at 07:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 16th June 2024, 11:59   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
Quick Update on the Wireless Android Auto/CarPlay Disconnection Issue:

Honda recently released a software update claiming to resolve the disconnection problem, but even after applying the update, the issue persists. Upon closer observation, the disconnections occur at specific locations along the route, suggesting that the problem may be caused by external radio interference. When I reported that the update did not fix the issue, Honda responded that the disruptions are due to external factors beyond their control and not a defect in their device.

Further research revealed that all cars equipped with Wireless Android Auto/CarPlay experience similar issues, regardless of the brand. This indicates that the problem is not unique to the Honda Elevate but is a common technological challenge that we may have to accept.
Thanks a lot for this information. By the way, if the wireless Auto/CarPlay disconnection issue is not related to any bug in the infotainment firmware, is there any information on the other bugs getting fixed as part of the new firmware update ?. For example, even during the day time with bright sunlight, the infotainment screen gets into night vision mode the moment you cross any under bridge pass. I feel this is a design related bug. The system initiates night vision mode when the light sensor detects less sunlight. At least for the infotainment screen, the system should have a grace period of at least 10 to 15 seconds before getting into night vision mode. If there are any other bugs getting fixed, it would be good to know so that one can prioritise the need for updating the firmware.

Quick updates after crossing 2000 kms:-

1) The displayed FE has an error of 0.8 to 1kmpl. When the displayed FE was 19.1 kmpl, the actual FE was 18.2 kmpl. This is verified after checking the actual FE for more than two times. Though i shared this info in one of earlier posts, i wanted to do a double confirmation.

2) The tyre noise has been reduced significantly after crossing 1500 kms. I got the same feedback from my family members as well. The tyre noise was very high on the day when I drove the new car from the showroom. So if anyone is worried about the excess tyre noise, please give some time for the new rubber to get fully settled. No need to rush for replacing the OEM tyres if tyre noise bothers you a lot.

Last edited by shan_ned : 16th June 2024 at 12:01.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 06:48   #1851
BHPian

Noticed this. The new 2024 Elevates with added safety features aren't coming fitted with Bridgestone Turanzas anymore. It's MRF Wanderers now. I spotted 3 such brand new 2024 ZX models, all with MRF's.
Old 17th June 2024, 10:54   #1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Booked

I booked a Honda Elevate from Solitaire Honda last week. Today I did a pre-registration inspection and the car has gone for registration. I should be taking delivery of my brand spanking new Elevate in 4/5 working days.
Congratulations and wish you many miles! I too am bent towards the Elevate as I believe it is a great all round package. The one I test drove (ZX CVT) was a 2024 model, they call it the R model. Apparently they have listened to the customer feedback and made some improvements, such as the rear center headrest, better sound system and I guess little more damping to control the NVH as I did not find it too bad. What’s your opinion?

Also, if I may ask, what the OTR you got?

Cheers,
ADG

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2024 at 13:38. Reason: Grammar
Old 17th June 2024, 13:24   #1853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Congratulations and wish you many miles! I too am bent towards the Elevate as I believe it is a great all round package. The one I test drove (ZX CVT) was a 2024 model, they call it the R model. Apparently they have listened to the customer feedback and made some improvements, such as the rear center headrest, better sound system and I guess little more damping to control the NVH as I did not find it too bad. What’s your opinion?

Cheers,
ADG
The Elevate is 'cant go wrong', no gimmicks. I had a Brio and the after sales/ product promise was strong hence I went ahead with the Elevate.

The additional damping etc is news to me, as the Sales team told me the only different is the 6 airbags + headrest. No news/story about the Damping.

I got around 60k discount, and I pushed for my own Insurance. OTR the car is around 17.30 for me.

Cheers,
AC

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2024 at 13:39. Reason: Quoted post corrected.
ac 427 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 16:15   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
This feature is off by default. You can enable by going to Settings - Door setup - Walk Away Lock. It works flawlessly if all the doors are properly shut.
Thanks!
Interesting. Any idea why this feature is disabled by default? Can this feature cause potential battery drain?
Old 17th June 2024, 17:15   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Noticed this. The new 2024 Elevates with added safety features aren't coming fitted with Bridgestone Turanzas anymore. It's MRF Wanderers now. I spotted 3 such brand new 2024 ZX models, all with MRF's.
Yes, i can confirm the same. During my PreRegistration inspection - these were all 17 inch MRF wanderers.

I was given the option to change the tyres if i needed them to.

cheers,
ac
Old 17th June 2024, 17:35   #1856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandal1810 View Post
Thanks!
Interesting. Any idea why this feature is disabled by default? Can this feature cause potential battery drain?
I think yes, it causes some drain. When you close the door while being out, the LED on the fob starts flashing until you go out of the range and door locks by itself. Means, the fob keeps communicating with car until you get away a little and that’s when the car locks.

Someone may please offer more concise explanation.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 08:00   #1857

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think yes, it causes some drain. When you close the door while being out, the LED on the fob starts flashing until you go out of the range and door locks by itself. Means, the fob keeps communicating with car until you get away a little and that’s when the car locks.

Someone may please offer more concise explanation.
Battery drain might be one of the cause. Also the safety feature becomes important when a car is in customer's hands, but might be a headache for cars stocked in dealer garage or showroom, especially if the car is placed in showroom as a show piece, or used as demo car.

The garages and showrooms mostly have security, atleast I have seen in my city. So that feature seems to be better off by default, for those people.

But if that feature is not known to the demo guys, or not demoed or asked whether to be switched ON during delivery, is another case of absence in good sales/service training
Old 18th June 2024, 08:23   #1858

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohantn View Post
But if you look at 3:00 - 3:05 time on the video, you will see an illustration of what I am asking about. You see a bus passing on the right after the hair pin bend.

Question is, is this an acceptable practice?
What if there is another oncoming vehicle ahead on the right?
This is a good question regarding certain scenarios in Indian roads/driving.

A similar scenario/question might be what if two slow/average speed moving bus/trucks are in the right lane or right most 2 lanes in a highway (in a 3 lane road). Some drivers might overtake using the left lane or left most lane, which is ethically not correct for overtaking. But in Indian roads, there are good drivers, and there are good drivers who want to drive ethically correct.

Regarding this ghat road/ hairpin bends scenarios, Good drivers (mostly experienced or cab drivers) even do overtake in hairpin bends, sometimes making the bus to slow down/brake during the turn. If you are ethically good driver, then you need to stop and wait, until the big vehicles complete the turn. This practise holds good both ways - up the hill or down the hill.

The video shows normal buses, there are even more long vehicles, multi axle buses/lorries. And there are roads, where the buses cannot make the turn in one go, need to reverse and then take the turn in certain tight hairpin bends or U-turn bends, like in the youtube video as below.

In this case, its imperative to stop and allow the space for them to make the turn, reverse, and complete the turn, for smooth and free flow of traffic.
Old 18th June 2024, 16:15   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandal1810 View Post
Thanks!
The walk away lock/unlock as per the manual works only with one key at a time. So there is a tradeoff there and a risk of lockout when that key is lost. Also if any door is loosely shut it doesn't lock the doors.

Otherwise I feel it should be enabled by default too. Now I am just used to pressing the request button on the driver door to lock my elevate.
ComboCutter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 19:44   #1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post

Cheers,
ADG
Did your dealer tell you within when they could deliver the R edition? We booked the ZX MT R edition 10 days back and the dealer doesn't know when they will even start with the production of the car and told me that he'd be able to give me an update only after July 5th. Now I'm thinking if I should settle for the old edition itself and get it delivered within the next 10 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks