Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 21:19   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Folks, need some advice from Elevate owners for a friend of mine. She is considering the top end ZX model but is skeptical about auto collision braking feature. Can that feature be permanently disabled or needs to be done with every restart? Also is that feature disruptive while driving in city traffic like Bangalore if left on?

thanks in advance.
Old 28th May 2024, 09:46   #1802
BHPian

Auto collision feature cant be permanently disabled.
You have to switch it off every time you start the vehicle. While driving in traffic what I have experienced is that if we are already cautious in braking the feature will not be disruptive. Only if it detects something very closer & we didn't apply the brakes then only it will apply sudden brakes, this can be dangerous if the vehicle behind in traffic is very close & chances of rear ending will be more.
What I do to is, in MID I keep it on the vehicle safety tab, so every time I start it reminds me to switch off the CBMS. Also, one will get used to it just like the seat belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, need some advice from Elevate owners for a friend of mine. She is considering the top end ZX model but is skeptical about auto collision braking feature. Can that feature be permanently disabled or needs to be done with every restart? Also is that feature disruptive while driving in city traffic like Bangalore if left on?

thanks in advance.
dieselburner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 08:47   #1803

I am driving Elevate ZX manual since November 23.
CMBS (Collision mitigation braking system) comes back enabled whenever the engine is re-started.
I drive in both (Chennai) city traffic and highway conditions.
There was about a week or two week period involved in getting used to the feature (just like all other ADAS features).
As long as one don't drive too close to a vehicle or a person or an object (isn't that unsafe?), CMBS never kicks in as a surprise. My rule of thumb is to ensure the driver of the car should be able to see the rear wheel of the vehicle in the front at all times. If one doesn't see that, they are too close and CMBS will start working for them :-)

Quote:

thanks in advance.
DeviceDriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 09:28   #1804
Team-BHP Support

The ADAS is not so bad. It does not really interfere unless pedestrians come really close. Maintain distance and all will be well.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 12:55   #1805

Honda Elevate SV - Android Infotainment Upgrade

After a wait of a few months, I finally added android infotainment and speakers with double-layer damping, along with the reverse parking camera, to elevate SV.
Though the finishing and installation are not the quality I expected, this still needs further work to finish the installation process.

After a few months of consideration, I finally got the following stuff. blaupunkt jamaica 990 - 4GB RAM/64GB Storage
Priority always was for the navigation with a good enough display and usability. Though Sony, pioneer system has great music output, I still went with android for ease of use. and some OS-based functionality. It's not easy to get android auto and carplay in 9 or 10" infotainments in Sony or Pioneer head units so overall, the Blaupunkt with a 2-year warranty is a good choice.
Honda Elevate Review-990.jpg

morel maximo mk2 combo speakers.
I did not want additional amplifier installation, so I avoided all kinds of amplification units, and the blaupunkt with morel maximo combo output is good enough without any need for an amplifier.
Honda Elevate Review-mk2.jpg

I have also added STP silver damping sheets and blaupunkt AHD DH 4.4 reverse number plate camera.
Elevate has little wind noise because of a lack of door bedding, so we added STP silver dual-layer dampings for wind noise cancellation and good speaker performance.
Honda Elevate Review-damping.jpg

Extra things added, Honda steering wheel control coupler, HU frame, and additional wiring (which is not required, just a speaker harness required).
Honda Elevate Review-sw-coupler.jpg

All products purchased at the Winkel (Oshiwara, Mumbai) store (they also have a website) made a wrong decision there as they didn't have enough knowledge of the work and misguided us on after-market products, and the installation guys did pathetically cheap work. The frame doesn't fit, and I am still waiting for him to replace it.
Honda Elevate Review-cheap-work.jpg

I was hoping someone from Mumbai could help me with some professional installers or people who could rectify the poor workmanship done in Elevate.
yogesh498 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 18:10   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviceDriver View Post
I am driving Elevate ZX manual since November 23.
CMBS (Collision mitigation braking system) comes back enabled whenever the engine is re-started.
I drive in both (Chennai) city traffic and highway conditions.
There was about a week or two week period involved in getting used to the feature (just like all other ADAS features).
As long as one don't drive too close to a vehicle or a person or an object (isn't that unsafe?), CMBS never kicks in as a surprise. My rule of thumb is to ensure the driver of the car should be able to see the rear wheel of the vehicle in the front at all times. If one doesn't see that, they are too close and CMBS will start working for them :-)
I can confirm this. Between me and my wife we have driven about 4000km, mostly in the city (except for ~1000km on the highway) and never had CMBS activate in a surprising and dangerous way. I think if one is already following defensive driving practices, it won't bother them at all.
haridsv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 01:16   #1807

Hi Folks,
This is my first post.
I've booked the Honda Elevate ZX-CVT on Friday by paying 90000. ( Dealer asked for this amount since I'm not opting for any loan.)

The dealer has offered decent discount on the old stock which was before the -R variants. So in ZX only things missing are the 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger, middle passenger headrest and seat belt reminder for all passengers. Given the big hump on the rear seat, I doubt the middle seat will even be used hence it didn't bother me going for the old stock.

Now my Dealer is asking me to pay 50% cost before PDI can be scheduled where he is saying they don't allow anyone to visit the stock yard and that the car will be brought to the showroom. Also he vehemently refused to allow third party PDI stating that in one case the PDI fellow connected something to the car due to which a sensor costing 15000 failed.
Is this usually the case where we need to pay 50% before PDI?
Old 3rd June 2024, 03:18   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Philips View Post
Hi Folks,
This is my first post.
I've booked the Honda Elevate ZX-CVT on Friday by paying 90000. ( Dealer asked for this amount since I'm not opting for any loan.)

The dealer has offered decent discount on the old stock which was before the -R variants. So in ZX only things missing are the 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger, middle passenger headrest and seat belt reminder for all passengers. Given the big hump on the rear seat, I doubt the middle seat will even be used hence it didn't bother me going for the old stock.

Now my Dealer is asking me to pay 50% cost before PDI can be scheduled where he is saying they don't allow anyone to visit the stock yard and that the car will be brought to the showroom. Also he vehemently refused to allow third party PDI stating that in one case the PDI fellow connected something to the car due to which a sensor costing 15000 failed.
Is this usually the case where we need to pay 50% before PDI?
Red flag to me.

First things first: This is way too much as booking amount. Anything above max 25k is not justified. Not opting for a loan does not give him enough leeway to ask for such a large sum (~5% of car value) as booking amount.

Now, about the PDI he can say whatever he wishes to. However, a PDI is meant to be an Inspection by definition. You don’t pay to inspect something that you may or may not buy. He cannot ask you to pay for anything before you are satisfied with what you will be getting. Therefore, by very definition any payments are out of question.

Last, on the Third Party PDI, we were told of the same when we requested a PDI before delivery for my parents’s Seltos GTX+. We told about the payments conditional to PDI and they showed hesitation towards Third-Party PDI, stating on similar lines that cars sometimes get damaged due to PDI. We explained our experience with my i20 purchase last year and explained our position. He agreed then and only suggested that he would prefer things are delicate during PDI. Our PDI was completed today and car okay-ed for delivery.

His point on the Sensor failure from OBD is very strange, although it may be true and something like that may have as well happened. I am not running with a sensor failure from OBD Diagnostics.

Do not pay a single penny without the PDI. If he insists, cancel booking or inform Honda about this.
SixPistons is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 12:23   #1809
BHPian

I too have driven about 1200 km in dense traffic in Delhi but haven't had a braking event from CMBS so far. I have had alarms when someone is too close and action to get to a safe distance has worked. I will continue to use this system since it might prevent an accident where my reflexes aren't fast enough.
ashokabs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 17:12   #1810
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate SV - Android Infotainment Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh498 View Post
I was hoping someone from Mumbai could help me with some professional installers or people who could rectify the poor workmanship done in Elevate.
Laxmi auto center in Sion Koliwada - ask for Pawan bhai - they have always done a good job for me for the past 24 years. Sonu is the master installer for complex electrical installations...
prad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 20:55   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Though not of any importance, i just like to highlight the error in the displayed speed. Based on the GPS reading, I see an error of 4 kmph in the displayed speed. When the car is cruising at 90 kmph (displayed speed), the GPS reads the actual speed as 86 kmph. I am sure the error will increase when driving at unsafe/illegal speeds.
I believe that every car will have a speed variation between what's showed on the speedometer and what shows on the GPS. It is because of the different methods of measurement.

4-5 km/h should be a fair difference and you should have nothing to worry about.

To conclude, it is by design and not exactly an error. Having said that, I am not fully informed, so other informed members might provide a better explanation.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 19:47   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
I am in similar dilemma. I am comparing between Elevate ZX and Hyryder G (Dont want the huge sunroof, ok with smaller sunroof of Elevate though). I am getting decent deals on both. Hyryder is 16.5L on road (Jaipur) and Elevate ZX is 17.0L on road.
I test drove both cars.
Between the two I would be the Grand Vitara Zeta (and not the Hyryder ).

1. I get 3-4 times more service network than the Toyota. Makes a world of difference.

2. I save on upfront costs as Hyryder is costlier for some reason, despite being the same car !

3. I get peace of mind with Maruti's long term committment to Indian automobile sector and also because if I am stranded in some remote village, there is always a Maruti service Station around to take care of my car.

Now why I would chose between the Grand Vitara/Hyryder over the Elevate:

1. Performance wise the Elevate is better. But ask your self, how much does 2-3 second difference in outright performance mean to you in your regular A to B city driving ?

2. Maruti/Toyota twins have impeccable ride quality and sturdy chassis. The car feels more mature and chassis feels solidly built to last.

3. The Elevate's engine (specially with the CVT gearbox) whines a lot of noise inside the cabin. Now if you revv the engine hard to extract the performance this engine has to offer, but can't enjoy it really because of the poor NVH, its not fun.

4. Contrary to your observations, I somehow found GV's headlight throw to be quite good, both in terms of strength and coverage. Not sure about Hyryder though, but I guess it should be same. Elevate is known to have weak stock headlights. The best ofcourse is the Creta.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th June 2024, 03:43   #1813
BHPian

Quote:

thanks in advance.
1) it has to be reset with every restart.
2) it has gone off on me two times randomly, with thankfully no rear end collisions but if anyone were tailing me, it would end with my boot door going completely kaput, both of the times. In my opinion, yes it is disruptive.
smilenow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 05:10   #1814
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawesome View Post
If the use-case is state highway drives and not city drives, then my personal opinion would be to not get it. As the system is not integrated with the ZX infotainment, its just not worth it.

Yes, I am from OTP.
Can you tell me if it's a small town, does it make sense to buy it?
Old 8th June 2024, 11:25   #1815

Hi BHPians!
This is my first post.
I have recently purchased a Honda Elevate, VX CVT-R version.
I am immensely thankful to this community, particularly contributors to this thread, for their precious insight and experience for shaping my decision to buy the car.
Thanks once again and hope to continue to be benefitted in future.
RBK1209 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed