Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2024, 05:16   #1771
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Between V CVT and VX CVT, which one do you folks recommend?

Worth budgeting an additional 1.5 lakhs for VX over the base model?
I was in a similar dilemma and ultimately chose the V over the VX due to personal reasons as listed below:

Fog Lamps: headlights are super sufficient. I thought I won't need fog lamps and I was right. I am in Delhi btw - also the fog/smog capital

Lane Watch Camera: I don't trust cameras. I tried using it in the TD. Did not find it useful. Absolutely pathetic picture quality at night. I think this is just a scam feature. They should have just given blind spot object detection on the mirrors.

Rear Washer Wiper: Thought that this would be useful due to prior experience. But I keep my car clean so the visibility issue is caused mainly by fogging of rear windshield for which defogger is provided in V variant. There is also the rear spoiler and slope of rear glass that kind of protects rain hanging around at the back glass.

Auto Headlamps: I miss this feature. As I am one who forgets to switch headlamps off and I am then reminded by the beeping sound. But 1.5 lakhs extra for this. No thanks, I will take the beeps any day.

Auto Folding Mirrors: I rarely fold mirrors and don't park in spaces where mirrors need to be folded. So not much use for me. Plus non folding mirrors are cheaper to replace. V mirrors are electrically adjustable.

Larger, Alloy Wheels: This is what I actually wanted. Not the larger size but the alloy wheels. I'm just wishing honda takes out 16" alloys as accesories and then I can take it. On the flipside, the ride on the V is ever so slightly more supple due to the bigger sidewalls of the 16" over the 17"
Note: Putting alloys from outside results in honda warranty on suspension and tyres getting terminated.
But again 1.5 lakhs for auto headlamps, larger alloys did not make sense for me. Basically I was spending on a convenience feature that can be avoided as the beep gives me a reminder and I was spending on aesthetics which are more appealing to people outside the car. And I really don't care what they think (Delhi and aversion to bling is rarity)

Last edited by M5_fan : 4th May 2024 at 05:18.
M5_fan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 13:13   #1772
BHPian

Quote:

The top-end is out of contention owing to its ADAS - specifically,
the erratic auto-emergency braking.

The VX gets the below important features over the V variant:

• Fog Lamps
  • Lane Watch Camera
  • Rear Washer Wiper
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Auto Folding Mirrors
  • Larger, Alloy Wheels

• Fog Lamps: Functionally and aesthetically good to have
  • Lane Watch Camera: I thought it might not be worth it but I am loving it. It's of great use in cities.
  • Rear Washer Wiper: It is an indispensable feature for me, especially during the monsoon season. Its utility becomes quite evident in such conditions.
  • Auto Headlamps: I am not particularly fond of this feature. It activates even when the car passes through a tree shade, dimming the infotainment screen, which can cause you to miss directions if you're using maps.
  • Auto Folding Mirrors: Not much useful, but it does give you a premium feel every time you lock the car.
  • Larger, Alloy Wheels: Absolutely necessary. It significantly improves the appearance and stance of the car.

There are more features that you get with VX
  • Roof Rail: Lacking practical utility, yet enhances the car's stance and presence. You can retrofit it from outside as well
  • Sunroof: If you need it you need it
  • Leather steering/ gear knob: Gives you you a premium feeling
  • Soft touch door lining: Gives you a premium feeling
  • Premium 6 speaker surround sound system: It's a decent upgrade from 4 speaker in V.
  • Walk away auto lock: Once you're accustomed, it becomes incredibly handy. The only issue arises when you use other cars lacking this feature; you might walk away assuming it's locked.
  • Wireless smartphone charger: Best utilized as a last resort. They tend to generate significant heat, which can be detrimental to the phone.
  • Seat pocket: Not a big feature and may go unnoticed, but it's undeniably handy.
  • Ambient lights: Not very useful and you hardly notice that there is light.
  • Cargo area illumination: Good to have feature
  • Digital analogue meter: It is a notable upgrade, as it's the most prominent feature in your field of vision while driving. It provides lots of useful data and contributes significantly to the premium feel of the driving experience.

I highly recommend opting for the VX variant as it justifies the extra 1.5 lakhs in cost. In my opinion, VX offers the best value for money compared to other variants. I advise against settling for the base model. You might regret it later when you see other higher variants of the same car on the road and feel like you're missing out. Speaking from personal experience as an owner of the BRV S variant, which is not exactly a base variant but similar. Whenever I see other variants with features like alloys, fog lamps, better instrument clusters, and leather seats, I can't help but feel a sense of regret. I should have spent a little more money to get the higher variant. While some features like alloys and fog lamps can be retrofitted, others like a digital instrument cluster or walk-away door lock are not as easily added later on.

I've never owned a full option car, all my purchases tend to fall somewhere in the middle of the lineup. However, I've always had a strong desire to own a fully optioned vehicle. So, when I bought the Elevate, despite the VX variant appearing to offer the best value for money, I didn't hesitate to choose the ZX variant. Even though some features in the ZX might not be essential to me, the allure of finally owning a fully loaded car was too strong to resist.
akhilshenay is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 00:50   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
But again 1.5 lakhs for auto headlamps, larger alloys did not make sense for me. Basically I was spending on a convenience feature that can be avoided as the beep gives me a reminder and I was spending on aesthetics which are more appealing to people outside the car. And I really don't care what they think (Delhi and aversion to bling is rarity)
Extremely helpful. Did you add any accessories to the V?

I believe both these variants have beige and black fabric seats?
Does Honda have official seat covers in other colours or material that'll not impact the airbags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
I highly recommend opting for the VX variant as it justifies the extra 1.5 lakhs in cost. In my opinion, VX offers the best value for money compared to other variants. I advise against settling for the base model. You might regret it later when you see other higher variants of the same car on the road and feel like you're missing out. Speaking from personal experience as an owner of the BRV S variant, which is not exactly a base variant but similar. Whenever I see other variants with features like alloys, fog lamps, better instrument clusters, and leather seats, I can't help but feel a sense of regret. I should have spent a little more money to get the higher variant. While some features like alloys and fog lamps can be retrofitted, others like a digital instrument cluster or walk-away door lock are not as easily added later on.

I've never owned a full option car, all my purchases tend to fall somewhere in the middle of the lineup. However, I've always had a strong desire to own a fully optioned vehicle. So, when I bought the Elevate, despite the VX variant appearing to offer the best value for money, I didn't hesitate to choose the ZX variant. Even though some features in the ZX might not be essential to me, the allure of finally owning a fully loaded car was too strong to resist.
Super helpful again. Thanks for listing the features I missed.

Completely understand going for the top-end, especially if you plan to keep it for long.
Old 5th May 2024, 06:26   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Extremely helpful. Did you add any accessories to the V?

I believe both these variants have beige and black fabric seats?
Does Honda have official seat covers in other colours or material that'll not impact the airbags
Hey. I didn't add any accessories and my car is a stock V variant. Honda did provide those 7D mats and also carpet mats along with a car care kit. Also mud flaps.

Both variants have the same seats and design in mostly beige and to a lesser extent black. My car is the one with 2 airbags. So seat covers aren't an issue. But I have not fitted any as I will wait for the the seat padding to settle a bit (approx 1 year) and then go with autoform ones. The honda ones are pretty much ok but they don't do a snug fit and only do a slip on fit. Also the pricing of autoform isn't that premium post a negotiated discount. Quality of autoform is top notch.

Just coming on the topic of V vs VX again. If you add up the cost of the things that VX has over V then it possibly justifies the 1.5 lakhs difference. But again those are things that I won't need and especially the sunroof which is absolutely useless in Delhi (I have another car with a sunroof) and also eats into my headroom by a couple of inches. I can't afford that as I am 6 feet 3 inches tall. I would have happily paid 1.5 lakhs for the VX if they would have removed 3-4 features and just added a regular cruise control.
M5_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 13:42   #1775
BHPian

This is a brief update on my review of the Elevate ZX MT. I found a stain of about 2 sq in on the front passenger seat right in the middle of the vertical portion. This was noticed after taking delivery when the plastic covering of the seat was removed. I complained to the manager at the showroom from where I purchased it.

He was not willing to get a new seat fitted as I guess some heads would have rolled. However, the option he offered was add-on accessory of ventilated seats. It is a strap-on unit with grey colour and a connector for the 12V socket. Also I would have to pay though some discount was promised. This was not acceptable. Finally after some cajoling it was agreed that the seat from a demo car would be given.

This sounded reasonable and I agreed. Today I went and had the seat replaced. I am happy that my new car looks new!!

Some other observations after a 200 km trip recently and 300 of city driving in S Delhi.
1. Mileage on the highway was 20 km/l. Max Speed on the highway was 80 km/hr.
2. Mileage in city traffic was nearly 13 km/l. I don't accelerate needlessly.
3. While using cruise control the acceleration and deceleration is quite aggressive.
4. Lane assist is very useful and works well during the day.
5. Above 2500 rpm the engine/road noise is bothersome. However, can be drowned out by playing music.
6. Driver seat on long drive is very comfortable as is driving position - as adjusted for my height 1.7m.
7. On highways one has to change gears more than in the city! I'm exaggerating but one needs to downshift to 4th gear while overtaking.
8. Gear ratios are provided to get more pulling power in 2/3 gear so driving in the city is a beeze. This does mess up the mileage somewhat.

Still happy with my purchase!!
ashokabs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 10:28   #1776

I am in similar dilemma. I am comparing between Elevate ZX and Hyryder G (Dont want the huge sunroof, ok with smaller sunroof of Elevate though). I am getting decent deals on both. Hyryder is 16.5L on road (Jaipur) and Elevate ZX is 17.0L on road.
I test drove both cars. during Hyryder TD I noticed poor illumination of LED headlights. Plastics and interiors are just ok. During TD, traffic was sparse and vehicle MID displayed mileage of 15.4KMPL. Stand out things were noisy engine (I could hear the engine in the cabin, the engine doesnt like revving even a bit), okay-ish plastic quality (poor plastic for this price point), poor headlights, good fuel efficiency and decent cabin space.
During Elevate TD I noticed the road noise seeping into cabin. Cabin felt rich and materials are better than Hyryder. Interior space felt more than Hyryder. Didnt get to test the headlights as TD was done in afternoon. Standout things were silent engine, road noise into the cabin, good suspension set up and decent interios. Traffic was moderate and vehicle displayed mileage of 13.5 in traffic conditions.
If I buy Elevate ZX MT, I get better interiors, better engine and drivability but have to live with uncertainty over future of Honda in India. If I buy Hyryder, I get potential savings in fuel costs and better resale value. I believe Toyota is not leaving India any time soon
What would members here suggest, Elevate ZX or Hyryder G?
FOXBAT25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 11:46   #1777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
Didnt get to test the headlights as TD was done in afternoon.
I will leave rest of the things to you/ others who are versed with both cars but I can tell you that these white LEDs *WILL BE* a concern. I have the City and I can tell you that headlamp + Fogs are sufficient for city driving but simply inadequate for highways. I have seen this issue in mostly all cars with white LED headlamps.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 14:21   #1778

Quote:
=====
I went with the V-MT because:
1) I needed the extra 1.5"-2" of head space that you get in V over VX/ZX (due to sunroof not being there in V).
2) I don't want a lane watch camera. It's a distraction.
3) Didn't want the phone charger. It's typically more of a phone heater than a charger and has adverse impact on battery life.
4) Honda 1.5L IVTEC with a manual is a pleasure to drive.
5) I don't think I need the rear wiper since none of my earlier cars had it. But the defogger is needed (which the V has over SV).
6) I got the fog lamps fitted from Honda. There are cheaper options available in the market too.
7) I also got the floor mats from Honda.

I do miss the alloy wheels but it is a tradeoff I was willing to make for 2 inches of extra head space.

Aftermarket:
1) I got Autoform's seat covers fitted and also the side panels were done in the same color.
2) I got infinity reference components and coaxials installed.

So all in all, I spent ~50k extra on the V-MT model. I like the way my car looks and sounds
hondadriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 15:42   #1779
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am in similar dilemma.
If I put myself in your place, I would have gone ahead with Elevate. The biggest sacrifice going with Elevate is mileage.

But Honda Elevate is better built, uses better material and has better service experience. I own both Honda (City) and Toyota (Hycross), the service center experience at Honda is far better than Toyota.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th May 2024 at 19:27. Reason: Typos.
UD17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 18:03   #1780

Thanks UD17. Could you please share the city and highway mileage for both cars? Do you have Hyryder Strong Hybrid?

What are your thoughts on noise insulation inside cabin?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th May 2024 at 19:26. Reason: Typos
FOXBAT25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 08:42   #1781
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks UD17. Could you please share the city and highway mileage for both cars? Do you have Hyryder Strong Hybrid?

What are your thoughts on noise insulation inside cabin?
Honda City Gen 3: 11 years, 130K: City mileage 13KMPL, Highway 16-17 KMPL

I have Hycross Hybrid (not Hyryder): city and highway mileage 15-16 KMPL

Noise insulation in both my cars is average. In my Honda City I can hear a lot of wind and tyre noise. In my Hycross, I can hear a lot of engine noise.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th May 2024 at 12:19. Reason: Typos.
UD17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 09:33   #1782
BHPian

Even in Elevate I am getting almost the same milage figures. I have a CVT version.

City mileage don't seem to extend beyond 13-14, but a light foot sedate driving on highways has yielded 18-19 kmpl as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Honda city Gen 3: 11 years, 130K: City mileage 13KMPL, Highway 16-17 KMPL
I have Hycross Hybrid (not Hyryder): City and highway mileage 15-16 KMPL

Noise insulation in both of my car is average. In my Honda city i can hear lot of wind and tyre. In my Hycross, i can hear lot of engine noise.
Regarding Android Auto Wireless Update -
Had a 100 km drive last weekend after the update. Thankfully there was no disconnection & Android Auto worked perfectly fine

I have used an Android phone, so can't comment on the Apple CarPlay performance after update.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th May 2024 at 12:18. Reason: Typos.
dieselburner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 12:42   #1783
BHPian

A couple of updates on my first two months of ownership:

1) With defensive driving, I do see the displayed FE hovering around 19 to 20 kmpl on the highways. This was always with 4 people and AC always ON. As I use the car for the Highways only, I haven’t tested the FE for the city usage. Having said that, I had to travel for more than 40 kms in total inside city while exiting and entering the city. The moment i enter the city as part of my return journey, the displayed FE drops from 19kmpl to 17.8/17.9 kmpl. In these conditions of mixed highway/city driving (80% highyway: 20% city), the actual FE measured using tank-to-tank was around 17.2 kmpl. So, I guess the displayed FE has 4 to 5% error. For example, if the displayed FE was 17.8 kmpl, the measured FE was 17.2 kmpl. This observation is based on my last two tank-to-tank fill. I need to double check again and confirm the actual FE with some more driving.

2) After driving for 1500 kms, I get a feeling that the tyre noise has reduced. It must be noted that I have VX MT. While I feel there is a reduction in tyre noise, I am not 100% whether it actually reduced or just my brain playing some tricks . May be I got used to the sound. Still, I never felt uncomfortable or irritating and so the noise inside the cabin is not an issue for me. On top of that, if I end up switching on the audio system, then I see the issue completely disappearing

3) Though not of any importance, i just like to highlight the error in the displayed speed. Based on the GPS reading, I see an error of 4 kmph in the displayed speed. When the car is cruising at 90 kmph (displayed speed), the GPS reads the actual speed as 86 kmph. I am sure the error will increase when driving at unsafe/illegal speeds.
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 23:33   #1784
BHPian

An update from my first 500 kms of ownership of a ZX automatic.

1) Collision Mitigation Braking System is a touch too sensitive. I turn it off everytime I start the car.

2) Lane Keep Assist and Road Departure Assist are lovely features when cruising on the highway.

3) Adaptive Cruise Control works like a charm when maintaining highway speeds. The only fly in the ointment is its overly aggressive pickup when trying to reach the set cruise speed.

4) Blind spot monitor works really well during the day. At night or during heavy rains, it's best used as a supplemental aid while changing lanes.

5) The huge bonnet hides the view of the road right in front of the driver. This car could use a 360 degree camera system.

6) Android Auto (wireless) works like a charm.

7) Wireless phone charger heats up the phone (Samsung) like a hot potato.

8) AC is good enough for summers. Hyderabad experienced a couple of days of extremely high temperatures and high humidity in the past week. The AC was struggling in such conditions. I probably need to learn how to use automatic climate control better.

9) Headlights (auto-On and auto-high beam) are pretty good. I am just back home after driving in extremely heavy rains today. The LED headlights did their job without any fuss.

10) The sunroof (more a moonroof) was a pleasure to use today on the Outer Ring Road (ORR). I keep it firmly shut during the day. Don't want my balding pate getting anymore tanned than it already is :P

11) Milage in the city with AC on full blast is about 9 kmpl (as displayed in the car).

12) Milage on the ORR when driven sedately at 70-75 kmph with AC on 25 degrees is 22.5 kmpl (as displayed in the car).

13) The CVT is easy to drive and while it maybe a little slow to react to inputs, I like it. It's easy going and fuss free.

My daily driver for the last 11 years has been a Tata Storme VX 4x4.

The 2 things that I miss in the Elevate when compared to the Tata Storme:
(A) Road presence
(B) More space to keep stuff in the cabin (especially 2 litre water bottles)

Reason for "upgrading" from my Tata Storme to the Elevate ZX: protect whatever knee cartilage I have left.
SupMeteorStorme is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 15:20   #1785
BHPian

I saw a video today on YouTube of updated Honda Elevate, apart from the new features mentioned as standard across range such as 6 airbags, seatbelt warning and sign on display, the reviewer mentioned about improved AC system.

Wanted to know more about the update on AC, was the AC previously not up to the mark? And what are these changes that have been made to the AC?
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks