Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 16:20   #1486

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandal1810 View Post
[*]The windshield washer spray range is not sufficient at all and is quite disappointing. I am comparing this to our Tata Tiago. Is this the case for others as well? Or is it just my unit?[/list]
Totally agree. Ditto with mine. I tried adjusting the washer jets with a safety pin- I made it worse. And its surprising they have given only one washer jet instead of two! Must congratulate Honda for saving 200 bucks!
akki4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:25   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
A 360 degree camera is being offered as an accessory by my Honda dealer and was listed in their accessory list paperwork. Please check with yours. Dont know if its an official accessory though. I am planning to inspect it when the car gets delivered and then make a decision.
I had mailed official Honda customer care and enquired about the availability of a 360 degree camera as an official accessory. They confirmed that it's not available. Even my dealer (Pinnacle Honda, Kolkata) confirmed that its not available.

However, some other folks in this thread have mentioned earlier that a 360 degree camera is available at their dealer. My best guess is that its an unofficial accessory. Its weird that a dealer would sell unofficial accessory.
amandal1810 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:58   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Is it an Elevate specific issue or it applies to Creta, Seltos, etc. too? And what about Thar, Fortuner, Endeavor, etc.?
Do experts have any tips and tricks for the Sedan to SUV converts?
This is a very typical but a very genuine issue. However, it's a bit surprising that you are facing it on high-mounted seats. Usually one faces it in Cars where the bonnet is not visible.

The best is to have a 360-degree / front camera in the vehicle. If it's not, mark some object in your parking on the side that you can see like the position of a pillar if there is any with your Rear view mirror and stop there exactly when you park the vehicle. This is a bit of a "Jugadu" way but it works.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2024 at 22:36. Reason: Extra dots deleted
007maverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 20:56   #1489
BHPian

On the Ugadi holiday, I decided to visit Dakshin Honda to check out the Elevate with my family. Having been a happy owner of 2012 Jazz, my comparison will be from that perspective.

My usage is primarily in Bangalore traffic. The increasing depths of potholes, the height of bumpers, and maddening traffic are forcing me to move to a vehicle with auto transmission and higher GC. But otherwise, I feel my Jazz will keep serving me well for the next decade as well. I have listed areas where I felt the Elevate is/is not better than my 12-year-old Jazz:

1) Engine and Transmission: This is straightforward, the 1.5 CVT in Elevate > 1.2 Manual in Jazz especially for Bangalore traffic.
2) Ground Clearance: This is one place where Elevate trumps Jazz easily.
3) Exterior: While the Elevate looks butch and a proper SUV, I would say the Jazz looks adorable as well. Since looks are subjective it won't be fair to compare them.
4) Dashboard and Infotainment: Again it won't be fair to compare a 12-year-old vehicle with a recent one, but Elevate > Jazz. The Jazz is not bad, but when I sit in any of the new-gen vehicles I realize that I'm missing out on so much stuff. I liked the infotainment system in Elevate more than that of City as well. The one in the City is pre-historic.
5) Internal Space: Both I and my wife felt that our Jazz was a lot more spacious than the Elevate. The window panes are comparatively so small in Elevate, that it felt like a Kwid/Alto from the inside. The backseats were also not that good. So for this Jazz > Elevate.
6) Storage and Practicality: My Jazz has magic seats, end of story! Jazz >>>> Elevate.
7) Driving Position: Elevate gives you a nice view of the road, but the Jazz is also equally good in providing a wide viewing angle with huge glass areas. This may be a bias of driving the car day in and day out, but I felt more comfortable in my Jazz than in the Elevate behind the steering.
6) Interiors: The Elevate looks good, but I wouldn't say that it is way ahead of my Jazz. The City has a much plush feel to it when it comes to interiors and comfort compared to Elevate.

I think the Elevate is a good car at the price point that it is offered but for me, I feel it may not be a huge upgrade from current Jazz. I will evaluate the new Creta, Seltos, and Astor as well. I have rules out German as reliability is a primary aspect for me. With the Japanese twins, I'm not that happy with their interior quality, and lack of boot space in the hybrid versions.

If not for the ground clearance and Jurassic-era infotainment system I would have picked the City(or Verna 1.5 NA) as my upgrade eyes closed.
Schroeter is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 13:20   #1490
BHPian

Effective way to reduce the tyre noise elevate makes at highway speeds ?

I recently made my first highway trip of about 400 KMS. While being satisfied with value that elevate offers on almost all aspects, one major disappointment and drawback is its noise level of tyres on highway. Its very smooth and silent in city traffic but totally a different picture on highway at 80+ speeds. I observed it several times and its not the engine noise but tyre noise. I compared it with a diesel Innova at same stretch and felt that the diesel car engine was way too noisier from outside but due to proper insulation, the sound inside was shockingly at the level of elevate(meaning elevate scores poorly). I checked with a tyre shop guy and he said the tyres offered(goodyear in V variant) are of good quality(market equivalent cost of 9000-9500 each).

Now the big question is how do I reduce the tyre noise ?
1. Will damping be effective ? If so, at which places? I dont want to damp it everywhere. Tight on budget so only where necessary.
2. My initial plan was to damp it after few(3-4) years when door
rattling is evident, and damping will more meaningful then.
3. Can damping be removed after 3-4 years and redamped at the same place ? I heard that it is very tough to remove the damping.
4. Are there any other way for proper insulation?
Old 17th January 2024, 13:57   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubingoel View Post
There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing that Wireless Android Auto disconnects frequently on its own. Has anyone found a fix for that yet?
You will need to connect your phone by cable and then it works seamlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
This is a really annoying problem. Apart from frequent disconnects, the entire infotainment system went black last day. Normally when android auto gets disconnects, I used to restart the infotainment system to fix it.

But when the entire system went black, I had to restart the whole car to get it back to working.
Connect the phone via cable and all shall work seamlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Do experts have any tips and tricks for the Sedan to SUV converts?
You can install a front camera. The front camera from City can be installed in between the grille.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th January 2024 at 16:17. Reason: Mod Note Inline
Dr.Q is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 19:01   #1492

Hello guys! I bought my Elevate on december 11 last year ��, 2023, that is! It’s been just about a month and I have clocked 1950+ on the odo. I am quite a happy customer thus far & I hope I will have a niggle free experience with my first Honda! But just like any other owner, I have my own questions & little issues that I will share later on.
Honda Elevate Review-4.jpg

I haven’t made much changes to the car. A few accessories I have installed so far:

1. Illuminated scuff plates by honda. Bought these at the time of delivery for 7200/- after discount. Didn’t buy nothing else as everything was so expensive. But aftermarket scuff plates are not a perfect fit so bought these.
Honda Elevate Review-1.jpg
2. Mats: by GFX. I find these best & ea sy to clean. I am not a fan of 7d’s, floor looks a lot more busy. Ordered these through an auto dealer in Bareilly for around 3500/-. Perfect fit & finish.
Honda Elevate Review-2.jpg
Honda Elevate Review-3.jpg

3. Mud flaps. Got these in Karol bagh. Looks original honda (as I did check the original ones at the showroom). Costed me 650/- against 2400/- at Honda. Guy took 150/- to fix.

4. Horns by Hella. Trumpet horns, got installed by honda accessory guy on Elevate’s first service. Fairly neat job. Sounds absolutely fantastic. 950/- for original Hella pair.

5. Screen guard by Armour guards. Was not entirely sure while ordering but it’s a perfect fit with space for buttons too. Totally loved it. Bought for 460/-. Here s the link. https://armourguards.co.in/products/...cvt-10-25-inch

7. A fast charge c-type converter charger for my iphone. Its a shame they gave 2 usb slots and no c-type. Ordered on Amazon by Duracell - 38watts. Works fast and works well. And before anyone asks, I hate to use wireless chargers because they are slow & heats up the phone(even when used without cover). So I almost dont use it.

Every package comes with its own shortcomings. I care less about features but more about practicability of the existing ones. Some issues that I’m facing are:

1. I find the wind & tyre noise while travelling on a highway to be very irritating & uncomfortable. I dont have much issues with sound creeping in the cabin in heavy traffic situations, I honestly find it manageable. But high speed travel above 80 is seriously uncomfortable. I believe I havnt heard such loud wind noise in any of the many cars I have driven in the past years. Can we share any ideas on how to decrease this wind noise, or make insulation better? I am unsure about the tyre noise honestly but definitely its the wind noise. Can we take any measures/additions to decrease wind noise even a little bit?

2. Regarding the driving seat posture, I find it a little wierd. I’m still unable to find a perfect sitting position for myself. I get slight discomfort in my lower back after an hour of continuous driving. I m 5-11 and never felt such in my previous gen Dzire.

3. Central locking does not close the sunroof!! Can you believe I forgot and left it open one foggy night? How lazy engineers can be. Has anyone tried this? I hope it closes with central locking. Will confirm at the ASC on my next visit.

Planned future additions:

With such a fierce competition in the fray, I think Honda could have offered just a bit extra, like LED turn indicators at the rear & a 360 degree camera.

1. Rear turn bulb indicators. I am looking to change them to an LeD one. I inquired at the service centre for the stock bulb, they don’t have it. And the mechanics don’t know which type of bulb it is. He suggested me to open the tail light and check but I refused. I only want to open it only once while changing the bulb. I was hoping if I could know which type it is. A KB dealer was offering a T20 type wedge led pair for 2400/- bucks but I thought it was too expensive & also both of us were not entirely sure if it would fit. So any suggestions for LED bulbs are welcome.

2. Dashcam: I am looking for a front only cam. Any suggestions for the same and whether we should hard-wire it or use the charger socket?

3. At the time of delivery, I wanted to get the front & rear/side underbody spoiler kit fitted at a combo price of 32k but it was unavailable. Is it worth it? I find the underbumper design of Honda City fantastic specially at the rear! What will be the effect on the GC if anyone has got this fitted can share.

But overall I am very satisfied with my purchase. I have driven Creta a lot and always found it was not engaging to drive. I liked seltos but I gave in for something new & fresh and that Elevate is. Everyone who sees it in person & drives it realises its a no-non sense, value for money car. My Australia-returned friend was pretty impressed because its ADAS tech was almost similar to his Tesla’s model s. He’s already contemplating buying one for his parents.

Not everyone is a fan of a 100 features. I don’t miss the panoramic sunroof at all. My iphone connects to the Apple car play very well without disconnections but I listen to songs on my connected usb drive. Heck I still ‘prefer’ copying my photos to my external drive instead of icloud so pardon me if I say the features in Elevate are ‘more than enough’!! ��

I have used ADAS and it works fine except for a few exceptions like too much acceleration while using ACC. It works okay. Cant ask for more. But as one fellow bhp-ian said in earlier posts- The behaviour of ADAS suite has forced me to drive more sedately & responsibly with a light foot. I drive in a straight line now, and (try) keeping a little more distance with the vehicle ahead. And I can’t see any other way how I would have changed my driving style. Its great for all of us motorists to have this tech at such an affordable value. Yes, I agree the anti collision braking system is a bit risky in city use, but honestly I have had only 1 or 2 false alarms (and those were because of a pedestrian standing in the way, and that proves it is a bit more aggressive when it detects pedestrians ahead). But on one instance it certainly saved my front when cars ahead abruptly braked on a highway. I would say we must accept this ADAS tech first in our minds and adapt to it for better results. It is a life saving tech & if we don’t speed on a congested road, chances are it will not activate aggressively.

Will keep posting on this thread about future observations.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th January 2024 at 15:16. Reason: spacing for readability
akki4 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 15:14   #1493

Quote:
Hi folks. Really happy with my Honda Elevate ZX CVT (in meteoroid grey color). Got matte PPF done, and it has completely transformed the look of the car. Now it looks exactly like Kia's X-Line paintjob! ❤️
Can you upload some pics of your car? I would like to see how Elevate looks in matte finish.
Old 18th January 2024, 20:44   #1494

[quote=akki4;5701424]
1. I find the wind & tyre noise while travelling on a highway to be very irritating & uncomfortable. I dont have much issues with sound creeping in the cabin in heavy traffic situations, I honestly find it manageable. But high speed travel above 80 is seriously uncomfortable. I believe I havnt heard such loud wind noise in any of the many cars I have driven in the past years. Can we share any ideas on how to decrease this wind noise, or make insulation better? I am unsure about the tyre noise honestly but definitely its the wind noise. Can we take any measures/additions to decrease wind noise even a little bit?

Dampening especially in wheel-wells and door should help. Plus changing tyres to better quality rubber like Continental UC6 can reduce road noise.

2. Dashcam: I am looking for a front only cam. Any suggestions for the same and whether we should hard-wire it or use the charger socket?

I have been using Vifo dash cam running of the 12v socket for last 4 years. No issues faced. Vifo uses capacitor instead of batteries which is better for our hot climate.
Renaissance Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 23:35   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGoanGuy View Post
Can you upload some pics of your car? I would like to see how Elevate looks in matte finish.
Had already uploaded earlier here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5698380 (Honda Elevate Review)
Old 19th January 2024, 17:59   #1496

As pointed out earlier, Central locking does not close the roof. What's worse is it also shows the hood is locked, while actually it is wide open (and the car is locked), in the Honda Connect app.

This is a horrible mistake at Honda's end. The status check shows incorrect data. Here is the pic:
Honda Elevate Review-6.jpg

Can we expect this to be rectified via any update in future?
I urge all Elevate users to confirm & escalate this to Honda separately in hope that they will resolve this soon.
akki4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 23:02   #1497

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki4 View Post
As pointed out earlier, Central locking does not close the roof. What's worse is it also shows the hood is locked, while actually it is wide open (and the car is locked), in the Honda Connect app.

This is a horrible mistake at Honda's end. The status check shows incorrect data. Here is the pic:
Attachment 2561207

Can we expect this to be rectified via any update in future?
I urge all Elevate users to confirm & escalate this to Honda separately in hope that they will resolve this soon.
Hood means the engine bay here. I once had a partially open engine bay lid, and it showed on the app that my hood is open.
Confusing nomenclature, I know.
PolePosition is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 07:26   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki4 View Post

In US and some other countries, hood means bonnet. That might be the confusion.
sanchari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 22:51   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Got XPEL matte PPF applied on the Elevate (meteoroid grey) from CarsBuddy Kormangala (Bangalore). Sharing some pics below.
I think this is the best looking elevate compared to all other colors. Combination of meteoroid grey + Matte PPF gives very premium looks.
rnaduthota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 23:53   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Got XPEL matte PPF applied on the Elevate (meteoroid grey) from CarsBuddy Kormangala (Bangalore). Sharing some pics below.
Very tastefully wrapped and gives a different characteristic to the car. Congratulations!

Considering it's a matte dark coloured PPF, any specific aftercare you are following or has been recommended?
car_aficianado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks